Submit

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:41 pm
So I want to write metal music and hard rock music, and Finale Notepad is great for orchestral music, but not metal. I've heard a few songs from FL Studios and heard it's great, so I thought "Why not try it?" But then I saw that it wasn't free. So I'm looking for a program that can make good rock music like Metal Version of Arrival To Earth and is free. Do you know of any? I really do not want it to sound electronic, techno, dubstep, or pop, etc. I just want to be able to make music like the song in the link above without paying money or getting a torrented version. I would sooner pay the 100+ bucks than get a torrented version.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:45 am
So...
I've never heard of it.
So I googled it.
This came up.
Says it's shareware, but I'm going to guess it's actually a trial version, the "related programs" bit on that site might be helpful, though.
That's where I found this, something called Darkwave Studio (click!); from what I can tell, you ought to have the ability to download different instruments and stuff to use with it, and it's freeware, so it'll be a full version for sure.
Anyway, hope that helps you out!

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:29 am
Queen Spazzy
So...
I've never heard of it.
So I googled it.
This came up.
Says it's shareware, but I'm going to guess it's actually a trial version, the "related programs" bit on that site might be helpful, though.
That's where I found this, something called Darkwave Studio (click!); from what I can tell, you ought to have the ability to download different instruments and stuff to use with it, and it's freeware, so it'll be a full version for sure.
Anyway, hope that helps you out!

Thanks so much! But when I checked out the Darkwave thingy, Google Chrome said it had malicious software with it, and same thing when I tried to download it, so I couldn't get it since my computer is basically a virus magnet. I hope I can find a way around it. smile But thanks for the suggestions! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:34 am
Curious...
AVG didn't say the site was questionable...
Well, I'll do some more searching later if I remember and see if I can come up with something else.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:17 am
Heyhey, I remembered to do some more googling!
There is a LOT of stuff out there, actually, though most of it, as is to be expected, is for electronic stuff and DJ mixing/remixing.
This one, PreSonus, looks pretty good. The free version isn't just a trial, it's really free! But I think it has limits imposed on it and doesn't come bundled with instruments like the paid versions, but it looks reputable so it's prolly worth a try, at least?
This one, OpenMPT, also seems promising. Open source, so no limits at all! Also appears to have robust support of different sample types and stuff, so you ought to be able to get all kinds of instruments for it.
You can click here to get to the page where I'm drawing suggestions from today.
You can change the limits, I set them up based on what I figured you were looking for (Windows, free or open source software).
Hope this is more helpful this time, haha~ ^^;

Music Forum [[ what do YOU listen to?]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff