Submit

Moonlight Furry

Heart Star

7,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:34 am
every time I find a avatar I like on tektek that I should be able to afford I go to buy it on gaia only to find that the price is over triple on gaia then what it is on tektek. I remember a point where skins where a max of ten million! (Yes I was a gaia member before this and no I will not say my old name.)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:34 pm
Oh my god I remember the good old days.
I used to use tek tek quite a bit honestly.
Goddamn inflation.

posposki

Anxious Gawker

Priestess_Kelina

Hilarious Gaian

1,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:37 pm
This may sound like a dumb question, especially since I returned from an 8 year hiatus, but what exactly is TekTek? I never got much beyond the forums, and still don't, so I can see how it might have slipped my notice. Anyway, what is it?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:43 am
Priestess_Kelina
This may sound like a dumb question, especially since I returned from an 8 year hiatus, but what exactly is TekTek? I never got much beyond the forums, and still don't, so I can see how it might have slipped my notice. Anyway, what is it?

Ok, so I never used it, sooo it might be totally different.
From my understanding it was an avatar builder on a totally separate website that had all the items from gaia on it.
I don't exactly know how the new avatar builder is different.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Speedira Windira

Mind-boggling Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:07 am
Priestess_Kelina

It was a seperate website that Gaia use to be super buddy-buddy with until the creator,Tekken, made his own forum and advertised it on the site,Tektek, with Gaia's stuff.Heck Gaia use to point everyone to the website before the new suits came along and turned this place into ad spam city.xD

Tektek was the go to place to build quest avatars,heck even homes, that you would fancy making on Gaia when you get the items to do so.That or to see if items work together before you buy them for your random avi/home uses.:3

The divorce was about a year or two ago if I remember right.Tekken pretty much said "Screw this,we're very over" after a cease and desist order came along.He taken that site down and completely devoted his time to his newer creation, Recolor.me
While during that divorce Gaia threw together that onsite avatar builder of theirs so people would stop bitching about Tektek being gone.o.o;

It wasn't down as much as Gaia's onsite avater builder,so people miss it.:3  
OH MY GOD...[[Rant Forum]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff