you're ruining gaia!
View Results

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:34 pm
Are you sick of how gaia is being run?

[x]  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:43 pm
While I do agree the GC issue you speak of is a valid point there may be a reason for it and doing a walk out may only hurt gaia more then it helps. Examples of what I mean.

1 With the natural disasters occurring everything has been effected games gaiaonline included. This could mean the reason they are trying to push GC items is because a lot of people buy GC to get GC items and they need it for repairs, or because the price of things they need have gone up. Example: Say the lack of water in some areas they are based causes dust to build up causing a computer to malefaction. Now it may be something as simple as just replacing one or two parts but the price those parts has gone up do getting the things to make those parts being harder to get for some reason or it may mean getting a whole new computer if the damage was so bad that buying the replacement parts would cost more then just buying anther computer all together.)

If this is the reason then stopping them would mean one less computer and if that happens enough times goodbye gaiaonline as without enough computers there can be no gaiaonline. How to fix this hope that things get better and they are able to go back to the way things once where.

2 There is a chance that at one point people started buying a lot of GC items instead of buying things with gaia gold. If this was the case and it got to the people who run gaia they may decide to focus on GC items as it seemed to them that's what everyone wanted. to undo this would not be easy as it would mean showing we do want them as much as they thought. Now while many say they are sick of it there may be just as many who are still buying the GC items instead of buying gaia gold items. In this case walking out will solve nothing in fact it may make things worse so long as those who still buy GC items stay. Example: Say a year ago 9 out of ten where buying mostly GC items this caused them to shift there focus to GC items as that is what the bulk of gaia members wanted. Now say currently that number changed to 6 out of the 10 (or even 5 out of 10) are still buying the GC items over Gaia Gold items. This means that they will not change it as there is still at least half or more wanting the items. This means if you are one of those who do not use GC anymore then you leaving means that it alters the amount. before it was 6 out of 10 you leave it becomes 7 out of 10 while you are gone because you left but the person using GC did not.

the most I can think of on how to fix this is for the rate to drop down to where 4 or or less out of ten people use GC until they have the proof that most people are getting sick of GC items and thus they change the ads to reflect the desires. However if this is not the case and it was because of the first one then doing this will more then likely end up causing gaiaonline to close down for good.

There is anther chance and that is to make a appeal to the ones who ordered the change in the first place however that would have to be done over the phone or buy sending real mail to the higher ups as I am sure no one we speak to while on gaiaonline has the power to make such changes without being cleared to do so first.

To be honest I am sick of it myself and that is why I do not even try to earn GC anymore.  

Moonlight Furry

Heart Star

7,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friendly 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:22 am
o.o; Yep,they gone overboard...  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:06 am
Yuki_Windira
o.o; Yep,they gone overboard...

I agree something needs to be done but walking out is not the way to deal with it as it is no different then running from a bully but telling no one about it.

Now below is a link to a topic I made outside of the guild but in gaia please read it.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/closed-do-not-delete-though/t.92257999/

I would like to add this fact to that list as it pertains to GC adds instead of the MP issue.

now say back when GC items first came out the amount of people buying them was say 3 out of 10 gaia members buying them and gaia was able to pay for expenses with the way things where. This would mean the bulk share of people did not care for them or could not buy GC at a good enough pace to make the effort worth it. Now if these facts change too much they would change the amount of adds to reflect those changes.
Now any adult would know that a lot has changed due to natural disasters and other reasons I will not list. This could mean gaia is no longer able to make ends meet with the way things where so to get extra money they started pushing GC items hoping to help raise needed founds. (If this is the case we just need to wait until they can get back to doing things as normal.)

Now anther possible reason is the amount of people using or buying GC. (If this is the case then we need to show them we do not want them as much anymore. Now leaving gaia for any amount of time will not do this as it will not change how many people use or buy GC and if it does it will only make the amount of people who do not use it be even less then it is now.) Example say the current rate is 6 out of 10 use and/or buy GC. This would explain why they are keeping the adds as they are and also help explain why they are making more. Now if a person who does not use and/or buy GC that will only make it become more like 7out of 10 use GC which will only hurt your cause not help it. If you can change those numbers back to what they use to be for a long enough time they will be forced to change it as back when it was only 3 out of 10 they will have to focus on what people want thus the ads will change or should change.

However if you want instant results you are better off finding away to get ahold of a CEO or something outside of gaia as no one we talk to on gaia has the power needed to make the change just to do as they are told. or in easier terms to understand I will use the guild level system to explain.
Ranks in the guild!
Captain: highest ranked person in the guild this is the owner of the guild they have more power then anyone else in the guild so they can make the most changes and say what should be changed and what should not.
Vice captain: Second highest rank in the guild these people while they can make changes to the guild have to be careful and check with the captain before making any major changes.
Crew: they have little power but are often the ones people complain too or about first as they can only do as they are told by the other two people who out rank them.
none ranked members (Also known as just members): these people have no real power at all but are needed to keep the guild going.

we gaia members are the same as the none ranked members of a guild while community staff are like crew members.
Then there is those who actually work for gaia directly (Those who you get a pm from if you do something wrong or respond to a report you made.) These people are more like the vice captains and are often the people we talk to when we want a major change. They can make changes but unless it breaks gaia tos or the person above them says so they can not make a major change such as the one you speak of.

If you want to get the changes quickly you need to speak with the CEO or something which means getting ahold of them while offline as they are never on gaia.  

Moonlight Furry

Heart Star

7,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friendly 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:01 pm
You're kidding, I was just gonna write about this.

nice going! emotion_yatta

First it was one visit from Flynn's Booty, which was irritating, but livable.

Now we have Flynn's Booty/Chest/Hoard, the dragon treasure thing, Bubble Pop, Project Apprentice, whatever the piggy bank is, and whatever I may be missing.

The announcement spam is ridiculous too. The only reason I don't turn them off is I'm hoping something interesting/useful might pop up. So far I'm wrong.

While I'm not sure if the Walk Out will work, I'm SO in.

Anyone else remember buying Treasure Chest (yes, the ones from the fish tanks that have become obsolete in part because of this G gash to gold explosion) and selling the keys for maybe 90k and thinking we struck it rich?
I don't think we'll ever have those times again...

Randomness is a Virtue!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games