Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Prayers for a friend

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:03 am
I found out something really tragic has happened. One of my friends and his flatmate's place has been on fire (no joke). He posted pics on his fb, and I couldn't believe that it happened to a really nice guy.

Here is the article that explains everything Sadly, it has his name in it so I apologize.

He and his flatmates really needs prayers right now, since they need a new place to stay while they continue with their studies.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:58 am
musasgal
I found out something really tragic has happened. One of my friends and his flatmate's place has been on fire (no joke). He posted pics on his fb, and I couldn't believe that it happened to a really nice guy.

Here is the article that explains everything Sadly, it has his name in it so I apologize.

He and his flatmates really needs prayers right now, since they need a new place to stay while they continue with their studies.

Did everyone make it ok? Praying for them sad  

ChibiHigh

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:53 pm
ChibiHigh
musasgal

Everyone is ok, their kitchen and living room, not so much  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:02 pm
musasgal
ChibiHigh
musasgal

Everyone is ok, their kitchen and living room, not so much

That's good to hear (not about the rooms though) sweatdrop  

ChibiHigh

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:39 am
I'm not trying to be condescending when I say this, but tell them not to do this again:

Quote:
Sarah Carter, 20, said her and two flatmates were heating a large pot of oil in the Windermere Drive flat to deep fry homemade hot dogs when they noticed smoke coming from the pot.

Not only is it hazardous (clearly), but it isn't healthy. And if any of them are Christian, tell them they should be more aware of what they, as believers, do to the body and why (I don't see how eating deep fried hot dogs is glorifying God in any way nor honoring anything that he said, nor benefiting themselves in the long run):

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NIV)

19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

1 Corinthians 10:31 (NIV)

31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Galatians 5:13 (NIV)

13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh[a]; rather, serve one another humbly in love.

Footnotes:

a. Galatians 5:13 In contexts like this, the Greek word for flesh (sarx) refers to the sinful state of human beings, often presented as a power in opposition to the Spirit; also in verses 16, 17, 19 and 24; and in 6:8.

Further, food was made for the stomach (not the taste buds) and to give us strength; the purpose/function of the taste buds is to help us tell what foods in nature are edible, if it's ripe enough, rotten or poisonous—it's not for the sake of pleasure primarily. Choosing to please the flesh leads to such problems.

Quote:
1 Corinthians 6:13 (NIV)

13 You say, “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both.” The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.

Quote:
1 Samuel 28:22 (NIV)

22 Now please listen to your servant and let me give you some food so you may eat and have the strength to go on your way.”

Quote:
1 Kings 19:5-8 (NIV)

5 Then he lay down under the bush and fell asleep.

All at once an angel touched him and said, “Get up and eat.” 6 He looked around, and there by his head was some bread baked over hot coals, and a jar of water. He ate and drank and then lay down again.

7 The angel of the Lord came back a second time and touched him and said, “Get up and eat, for the journey is too much for you.” 8 So he got up and ate and drank. Strengthened by that food, he traveled forty days and forty nights until he reached Horeb, the mountain of God.

Quote:
2 Kings 4:40 (NIV)

40 The stew was poured out for the men, but as they began to eat it, they cried out, “Man of God, there is death in the pot!” And they could not eat it.

note: my point with the latter is how they could taste the poison.

So, I'll pray for them, but correcting their behavior with scripture is necessary so they can prevent such things (or worse) from happening again. Maybe next time it won't be their physical house/flat that gets burned down, but a disease in their own body for feeding it junk. Plus, the testimony we give to people by eating such things is that we're gluttons who don't respect the function God gave to certain body parts nor respect the function/purpose of the foods he gave humanity to eat.  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games