Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Israel Eyes Becoming a Cashless Society

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:24 pm
Israel Eyes Becoming a Cashless Society  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:31 am
I'm wondering how this will affect the third temple. "Cashless" implies no shekels or silver coins, right? What will they do for things like "the sanctuary shekel"? o_o;

Quote:
Numbers 3:50 (NIV)

50 From the firstborn of the Israelites he collected silver weighing 1,365 shekels,[a] according to the sanctuary shekel.

Footnotes:

a. Numbers 3:50 That is, about 35 pounds or about 16 kilograms

Quote:
Exodus 30:24 (NIV)

24 500 shekels of cassia—all according to the sanctuary shekel—and a hin[a] of olive oil.

Footnotes:

a. Exodus 30:24 That is, probably about 1 gallon or about 3.8 liters

Quote:
Exodus 38:24 (NIV)

24 The total amount of the gold from the wave offering used for all the work on the sanctuary was 29 talents and 730 shekels,[a] according to the sanctuary shekel.

Footnotes:

a. Exodus 38:24 The weight of the gold was a little over a ton or about 1 metric ton.

Quote:
Leviticus 5:15 (NIV)

15 “When anyone is unfaithful to the Lord by sinning unintentionally in regard to any of the Lord’s holy things, they are to bring to the Lord as a penalty a ram from the flock, one without defect and of the proper value in silver, according to the sanctuary shekel.[a] It is a guilt offering.

Footnotes:

a. Leviticus 5:15 That is, about 2/5 ounce or about 12 grams

That would also mean no treasure in the temple. The temple has always had treasure (which often gets looted lol).

Quote:
1 Kings 14:26 (NIV)

26 He carried off the treasures of the temple of the Lord and the treasures of the royal palace. He took everything, including all the gold shields Solomon had made.

Quote:
Joel 3:4-6 (NIV)

4 “Now what have you against me, Tyre and Sidon and all you regions of Philistia? Are you repaying me for something I have done? If you are paying me back, I will swiftly and speedily return on your own heads what you have done. 5 For you took my silver and my gold and carried off my finest treasures to your temples.[a] 6 You sold the people of Judah and Jerusalem to the Greeks, that you might send them far from their homeland.

Footnotes:

a. Joel 3:5 Or palaces

Quote:
2 Chronicles 36:18 (NIV)

18 He carried to Babylon all the articles from the temple of God, both large and small, and the treasures of the Lord’s temple and the treasures of the king and his officials.

I take it Israel won't be the only one going cashless (especially if this is mark of the beast related)? But we're told that the surrounding nations as well will have gold and silver. Looting and plundering is prophesied to happen just before Jesus comes back and when Jesus comes back—and it'll be gold and silver, not digital (the nations looting Israel and Israel looting them).

Quote:
Zechariah 14:14 (NIV)

14 Judah too will fight at Jerusalem. The wealth of all the surrounding nations will be collected—great quantities of gold and silver and clothing.

Quote:
Ezekiel 38 (NIV)

1 The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of[a] Meshek and Tubal; prophesy against him 3 and say: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince of Meshek and Tubal. 4 I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. 5 Persia, Cush[c] and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, 6 also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.

7 “‘Get ready; be prepared, you and all the hordes gathered about you, and take command of them. 8 After many days you will be called to arms. In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate. They had been brought out from the nations, and now all of them live in safety. 9 You and all your troops and the many nations with you will go up, advancing like a storm; you will be like a cloud covering the land.

10 “‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: On that day thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil scheme. 11 You will say, “I will invade a land of unwalled villages; I will attack a peaceful and unsuspecting people—all of them living without walls and without gates and bars. 12 I will plunder and loot and turn my hand against the resettled ruins and the people gathered from the nations, rich in livestock and goods, living at the center of the land.[d]” 13 Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish and all her villages[e] will say to you, “Have you come to plunder? Have you gathered your hordes to loot, to carry off silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods and to seize much plunder?”’

14 “Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: In that day, when my people Israel are living in safety, will you not take notice of it? 15 You will come from your place in the far north, you and many nations with you, all of them riding on horses, a great horde, a mighty army. 16 You will advance against my people Israel like a cloud that covers the land. In days to come, Gog, I will bring you against my land, so that the nations may know me when I am proved holy through you before their eyes.

17 “‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: You are the one I spoke of in former days by my servants the prophets of Israel. At that time they prophesied for years that I would bring you against them. 18 This is what will happen in that day: When Gog attacks the land of Israel, my hot anger will be aroused, declares the Sovereign Lord. 19 In my zeal and fiery wrath I declare that at that time there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. 20 The fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the beasts of the field, every creature that moves along the ground, and all the people on the face of the earth will tremble at my presence. The mountains will be overturned, the cliffs will crumble and every wall will fall to the ground. 21 I will summon a sword against Gog on all my mountains, declares the Sovereign Lord. Every man’s sword will be against his brother. 22 I will execute judgment on him with plague and bloodshed; I will pour down torrents of rain, hailstones and burning sulfur on him and on his troops and on the many nations with him. 23 And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the Lord.’

Footnotes:

a. Ezekiel 38:2 Or the prince of Rosh,
b. Ezekiel 38:3 Or Gog, prince of Rosh,
c. Ezekiel 38:5 That is, the upper Nile region
d. Ezekiel 38:12 The Hebrew for this phrase means the navel of the earth.
e. Ezekiel 38:13 Or her strong lions

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:31 am
real eyes realize
I'm wondering how this will affect the third temple. "Cashless" implies no shekels or silver coins, right? What will they do for things like "the sanctuary shekel"? o_o;

Quote:
Numbers 3:50 (NIV)

50 From the firstborn of the Israelites he collected silver weighing 1,365 shekels,[a] according to the sanctuary shekel.

Footnotes:

a. Numbers 3:50 That is, about 35 pounds or about 16 kilograms

Quote:
Exodus 30:24 (NIV)

24 500 shekels of cassia—all according to the sanctuary shekel—and a hin[a] of olive oil.

Footnotes:

a. Exodus 30:24 That is, probably about 1 gallon or about 3.8 liters

Quote:
Exodus 38:24 (NIV)

24 The total amount of the gold from the wave offering used for all the work on the sanctuary was 29 talents and 730 shekels,[a] according to the sanctuary shekel.

Footnotes:

a. Exodus 38:24 The weight of the gold was a little over a ton or about 1 metric ton.

Quote:
Leviticus 5:15 (NIV)

15 “When anyone is unfaithful to the Lord by sinning unintentionally in regard to any of the Lord’s holy things, they are to bring to the Lord as a penalty a ram from the flock, one without defect and of the proper value in silver, according to the sanctuary shekel.[a] It is a guilt offering.

Footnotes:

a. Leviticus 5:15 That is, about 2/5 ounce or about 12 grams

That would also mean no treasure in the temple. The temple has always had treasure (which often gets looted lol).

Quote:
1 Kings 14:26 (NIV)

26 He carried off the treasures of the temple of the Lord and the treasures of the royal palace. He took everything, including all the gold shields Solomon had made.

Quote:
Joel 3:4-6 (NIV)

4 “Now what have you against me, Tyre and Sidon and all you regions of Philistia? Are you repaying me for something I have done? If you are paying me back, I will swiftly and speedily return on your own heads what you have done. 5 For you took my silver and my gold and carried off my finest treasures to your temples.[a] 6 You sold the people of Judah and Jerusalem to the Greeks, that you might send them far from their homeland.

Footnotes:

a. Joel 3:5 Or palaces

Quote:
2 Chronicles 36:18 (NIV)

18 He carried to Babylon all the articles from the temple of God, both large and small, and the treasures of the Lord’s temple and the treasures of the king and his officials.

I take it Israel won't be the only one going cashless (especially if this is mark of the beast related)? But we're told that the surrounding nations as well will have gold and silver. Looting and plundering is prophesied to happen just before Jesus comes back and when Jesus comes back—and it'll be gold and silver, not digital (the nations looting Israel and Israel looting them).

Quote:
Zechariah 14:14 (NIV)

14 Judah too will fight at Jerusalem. The wealth of all the surrounding nations will be collected—great quantities of gold and silver and clothing.

Quote:
Ezekiel 38 (NIV)

1 The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of[a] Meshek and Tubal; prophesy against him 3 and say: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince of Meshek and Tubal. 4 I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. 5 Persia, Cush[c] and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, 6 also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.

7 “‘Get ready; be prepared, you and all the hordes gathered about you, and take command of them. 8 After many days you will be called to arms. In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate. They had been brought out from the nations, and now all of them live in safety. 9 You and all your troops and the many nations with you will go up, advancing like a storm; you will be like a cloud covering the land.

10 “‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: On that day thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil scheme. 11 You will say, “I will invade a land of unwalled villages; I will attack a peaceful and unsuspecting people—all of them living without walls and without gates and bars. 12 I will plunder and loot and turn my hand against the resettled ruins and the people gathered from the nations, rich in livestock and goods, living at the center of the land.[d]” 13 Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish and all her villages[e] will say to you, “Have you come to plunder? Have you gathered your hordes to loot, to carry off silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods and to seize much plunder?”’

14 “Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: In that day, when my people Israel are living in safety, will you not take notice of it? 15 You will come from your place in the far north, you and many nations with you, all of them riding on horses, a great horde, a mighty army. 16 You will advance against my people Israel like a cloud that covers the land. In days to come, Gog, I will bring you against my land, so that the nations may know me when I am proved holy through you before their eyes.

17 “‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: You are the one I spoke of in former days by my servants the prophets of Israel. At that time they prophesied for years that I would bring you against them. 18 This is what will happen in that day: When Gog attacks the land of Israel, my hot anger will be aroused, declares the Sovereign Lord. 19 In my zeal and fiery wrath I declare that at that time there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. 20 The fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the beasts of the field, every creature that moves along the ground, and all the people on the face of the earth will tremble at my presence. The mountains will be overturned, the cliffs will crumble and every wall will fall to the ground. 21 I will summon a sword against Gog on all my mountains, declares the Sovereign Lord. Every man’s sword will be against his brother. 22 I will execute judgment on him with plague and bloodshed; I will pour down torrents of rain, hailstones and burning sulfur on him and on his troops and on the many nations with him. 23 And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the Lord.’

Footnotes:

a. Ezekiel 38:2 Or the prince of Rosh,
b. Ezekiel 38:3 Or Gog, prince of Rosh,
c. Ezekiel 38:5 That is, the upper Nile region
d. Ezekiel 38:12 The Hebrew for this phrase means the navel of the earth.
e. Ezekiel 38:13 Or her strong lions

It seems the focus and lure of a cashless society is safety, convenience and to combat crime. But there's little talk about the downsides. Hacking, privacy issues, firm or governmental abuse, and so on.

Obviously we as Christians are well-aware of the biggest downside which is that a world dictator can easily decide who is allowed to buy and sell (Revelation 13:1). It would effectively shut out anyone who is not in agreement with the political system operating this system unless there's a black market.

From what you have posted it seems like maybe a cashless society won't happen, but there may be a combination of the mark and money..? You will be able to use cash (gold, and silver), but only in combination with the mark of the Beast, or a mix of cashless (cash would be permitted to be used in some situations, but not others), and cash...

It seems to me that they want everything in the temple to be authentic, and in agreement with what instructions they were given on what should be in the temple, how it is made and function etc. So I am pretty sure you are accurate in saying there will be a temple treasure, because there's always been a temple treasure.

Nehemiah 10:31-33

The Vows of the Covenant
…31As for the peoples of the land who bring wares or any grain on the sabbath day to sell, we will not buy from them on the sabbath or a holy day; and we will forego the crops the seventh year and the exaction of every debt. 32We also placed ourselves under obligation to contribute yearly one third of a shekel for the service of the house of our God: 33for the showbread, for the continual grain offering, for the continual burnt offering, the sabbaths, the new moon, for the appointed times, for the holy things and for the sin offerings to make atonement for Israel, and all the work of the house of our God

They also had money changers in the temple for those who came from different countries who had a different currency than Israel. (Matthew 21:12)
Not saying that was a good thing because it was abused as a means to make money, but people were to use Shekel.  
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games