Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[PRP] Would a Rose by Any Other Name... (Hemi & Rosewater) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:47 pm
User Image What EVER made him think this was a good idea? Tired, sore feet trudged through the sand of Pae'kippu beach to give his equally exhausted wings a break from flight. How many days ago did he leave home? Two? Three? It was hard to think from lack of sleep, as the tree branches were not as comfortable as monkeys and birds would have one think. He rolled his shoulders to feel his pack still on his back that was crammed with gear for his trip. After hearing that Raken had come back with a coin from his Uncle - a FAUN no less - instantly he had to go find him. Of course the long trek was too dangerous for his stick in the mud parents or grandfather, so he slipped away leaving a note that he was going camping for a few days. It wasn't exactly a lie. He was camping.

Just not nearly in the vicinity they thought he was. But what it got him was a tired body, and the sun setting down on another day he didn't make it to the rumored Tree. Which meant sleeping on the beach. "Ugh. That's it, camp time." He muttered as he dropped to his knees. Time to break out the dried meat and water. Just like what he had for lunch. And breakfast. And every other meal since he headed out. He really hadn't planned his journey too well.

o0_Daisuke_0o

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:17 am
Now, contrary to the pae that Hemi is meant to meet with today, it will not be Rosewater whom he first meets. Well, perhaps, but she and her family remain in their house. Perhaps as the sun continues to set, he will notice some lights in the not-far distance. They would be coming from a quaint house very, very close to the shoreline. It appears to be made of wood and raised slightly from the sand by a set of stones, and a number of windows would show that there is life inside. If he were to notice this, perhaps he might think of asking for a place to stay for the night.

The worst they could do is say no... right?

Tartara Seabreeze

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:37 am
OOC: Most subtle, HEY GET OVER THERE DUMMY, I've ever heard XD

BIC: Chomp, chomp, chomp. He chewed on the tough meat, glaring off into the distance. Meeting a faun better be worth this. He sourly thought as he let his sky blue eyes shift around the area. Maybe there'd be something interesting to throw a rock at to get out some of his anger. Maybe...those were lights. He paused mid-chew to lean to the side, craning his head forward. Those were definitely lights amongst the trees! Which meant a house! Now certainly his father always warned against talking to strangers, and his mother would die to know he disobeyed but...come on, it meant a bed! And real food! The teenager quickly scrambled up onto his feet as he snatched up his bag. "Here goes nothing!" Hemi announced before striding towards the lights. Besides, if they said no he'd be no worse off than what he would be if he hadn't asked at all.

It wasn't long at all before he was met with the door of the modest house. He donned his best, most charming smile -though his face must be smudged with dirt- and raised a hand to knock. Tap taptaptap.

Then, the wait.

o0_Daisuke_0o

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:47 am
User Image

It was a normal evening at the little house by the lake, the inside a lit with a number of candles and everyone sitting around by the table. Twinkleshine had heard a number of rumors in the tree the past few times she had visited; that Celestia and her niece had been attacked just outside the tree, that she should not trust those outside it and the waters. While she didn't see others as a threat, she had met a number of them and they had all been friendly after all, she couldn't help the little discomfort that she was beginning to feel by living so far away from the tree. If she or her family were to be injured... It was many, many hours away by hoof.

Her thoughts were interrupted as she heard a knock on the door. Her eyes looked out to the window, blinking once. They rarely, if ever, had visitors, and certainly never at this time. Looking around the room, she motioned to the door. "Rose, dear, would you please check the door?"

Rosewater looked up from where she had been working on a weaving of flowers and smiled at her mom. Are you kidding me? Why me? Why not shithead over there? "Yes mom!" she replied in a cheery tone, carefully setting her project on the floor and dusting her knees off before walking over. As she opened the door, she said, "Hello...? Are you in need of anythi--..." What?

Hemi?

Tartara Seabreeze

Dementia Requiem Asumi
Feel free to have Ocie or Flutterby give reactions if you want. I imagine they'd also both be at home. smile

Antidia
Feel free to have Sealight give reactions if you want. I imagine he'd be present too. smile

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:51 pm
As the seconds ticked by he kept his bright smile, his hand lowering to his side for the wait. Maybe they weren't home? Maybe they were afraid of strangers? Maybe - the door slid open. The sight that filled the entrance blew his mind.

"ROSEWATER?!" The male practically yelled, taking a step back even as his eyebrows shot up. What in Guardians name was the luck of that happening? "Oh wow Rose, hi." A warm blush started creeping onto his face at the memory of their kiss. Of his cold, lifeless kiss with her. But cursed be him, she was still so HOT! "I'm doing...um...I'm traveling to visit family and I needed to make camp. I saw your house here and...well...I was wondering if I could stay for the night? Staying in a house with a hot-hot-hotie like Rosewater? Please say yes, please say yes!

o0_Daisuke_0o

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:30 am
User Image

Seriously, what were the odds of this? Spirits help her she thought she was done with this kid after the Valentine's Party. Actually, she hadn't told her family she'd gone to such a thing, had she? Oh... This could get really bad really fast if this boy spilled the beans.

Head tilting at the yelling and the commotion, Twinkleshine strained to try and see the door. "Rose dear, who is it? A friend of yours?"

Looking straight at Hemi, she placed her finger on her lips to tell him to stay quiet before turning to face her mother. "Oh, yes mother. He's just visiting some family in the area." Did he have to stay here? That would be so exhausting.

"Well, it's pretty late to be coming by to see you, isn't it? Luna's already raised the moon. I'm sure his family will worry if he doesn't get back soon."

"Actually... he said he was planning on making camp on the beach and then asked if he could stay for the night." If only she wasn't having to put on this goody-little-twoshoes act she could probably just lie and get the boy to leave. "I assume he'll be on his way out in the morning," she looked to him, her teeth gritting slightly, "Right?" Seriously, though? How had he found her? She'd made sure to leave no traces that she had even been to the party, not to mention had met anypae there.

Tartara Seabreeze

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:18 pm
User Image

Flutterby blinked, hearing her sister actually being nice for a change. Okay, so it was probably an act, but it was still shocking. And there was someone at the door? She tilted her head, looking up from whatever it was she was doing. It was now completely and utterly forgotten. There wouldn't be any resuming it at a later time either. Surely Rose would make certain that whatever it was Flutter was doing wouldn't be fixable. Not like it hadn't happened in the past.

"I-I-Is th-that a fr-friend of yours R-R-Rose?" The oddball hesitated. Rose didn't make friends, did she? Little red eyes blinked, looking to the blue male in the doorway. Funny, he didn't look as evil as her sister was. Maybe he didn't know she was a bad pae? Or was he just as bad as Rose and really good at hiding it? Her gaze lingered on the boy, certainly long enough to make either party uncomfortable. Or was it simply because she was curious?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:42 am
A new voice suddenly pipped up, and Rosewater place a finger to her lips. So he stayed quiet, listening intently to the exchange. Who was Luna? How could a pae raise the moon? It was so....BIG. As he pondered this he almost missed the question. Hemi quickly nodded. "At first light if possible. I've got a long way to go still." A third voice chimed in, and his blue eyes flicked to see who was the maker. Rosewater and her mother however filled up much of the picture. He only got a glance of pink hair and gray ears.

Was it...maybe a sister? Any sister to Rosewater was bound to be just as hot! Oh please let him stay here for the night! "I'm sorry to be intruding this late miss." He called to the mother, his face beaming with boyish charm. His father had near zero game, but that was the opposite of Hemi.

o0_Daisuke_0o

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:13 am
Twinkleshine paused to consider the possibility, but the moment that it'd been mentioned that he would be sleeping alone on the beach otherwise, her decision had already been made. Nodding, she answered, "Alright, he can stay for the night." At this she motioned for him to come in.

"Thanks mom~" Rosewater replied, a cheery tone in her voice. She pointedly ignored Flutterby's comment, but to most it would seem like she just hadn't heard. Her sister was quite quiet and stuttery after all.

Standing up, the unicorn moved closer to greet the boy. "Hello, I'm Twinkleshine, Rosewater's mother. Her father is currently in a different room rehydrating his skin." Motioning to the pae'il behind her, she introduced the other teenagers. "These are her siblings: Flutterby and Sealight. I don't think I got your name?"

Tartara Seabreeze

Dementia Requiem Asumi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:05 pm
As Twinkleshine pondered, Hemi waited silently. Would today be his lucky day? Or would he have to sleep on the cold beach? Finally, an answer. "Thank you miss!" His voice full of relief and joy. A warm place to sleep with a hot-hot-hot.... "Mother? I would have thought you were her sister." He complimented, still smiling brightly. It was obvious where Rosewaters good looks were from.

Since he was invited in, the male started edging into the home a little to get a better look inside. His steel blue eyes widened at Flutterby. TWO HOTTIES?! And a smoking mom. Was this the afterlife? "H-Hemi. My name is Hemi." He took a breath to recompose himself. "It's nice to meet you. All of you. Thanks for your hospitality. I can see why Rosewater is so nice." When she wasn't pulling pranks of course. But she was a teenager. All teens were a little rebellious. Him running away to see his Uncle for example.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

o0_Daisuke_0o

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:13 pm
Tartara Seabreeze

o0_Daisuke_0o

Flutter blinked, blushing as he smiled. Good Guardians who was this teen? But Rose was standing so close, she knew better than to show any interest in anything. It would just get taken away from her. Feigning disinterest, the femme's eyes narrowed and finally closed to mimic a yawn.

"Mmmn.. D-d-d-do you want me t-to make him a b-b-bed on the cou-c-couch Mother?" She asked, red eyes opening to look at her parental unit. It was so very nice to have the safety of their mother in the room. Less to worry about with Rose being there.

Ocie blinked, ears perking up as he heard a compliment towards his woman come from the other room. Looking down he realized there was nothing keeping him from going to the front door. For once, he was properly hydrated and capable of roaming around for a while. Guardians only knew how long it had been since that happened.

Floating in, the male sprite cleared his throat. He was sure to make himself appear as large as possible while still safely above the ground. "Excuse me, you seem to know one of my daughters?" Ocie's deep red eyes narrowed, looking at the teen. Certainly this male was of no risk to Twinkleshine, but that didn't extend to the two girls currently standing near their mother. Upon noticing the fumbling, he figured it must have been a mistake. Or this kid was only starting to learn to put the moves on a young lady. Only two options. Humor the kid, or scare the snot out of him.

"I'm their father, Ocie." Humor him it was. At least until he got too close to one of the girls. Sealight could handle himself, probably. The same eyes that were glaring only a moment prior were now smilingly humorously at the teen.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:15 pm
With Rosewater following just behind her, Twinkleshine closed the door behind the boy and turned to smile at him. "I couldn't let a child sleep alone outside when there is room in my house. Especially not at this time." Her tone dropped a bit as she looked outside, sighing. "These are dangerous times..." A smile returned to her face as she laughed over his comment. "Oh, you can't joke with someone as old as me about that sort of thing." Looking to little Flutter, she nodded. "Yes, actually. That sounds like a really great idea. Let me come help you."

She was about to move when she saw her mate make his entrance. It took about all of her not to snicker out loud about his self-imposed demeanor, but if someone had looked at her there would have been a pretty obvious smirk to give her away.

In all of this, Rosewater has mostly chosen to remain quiet and return to her spot beside her brother. At least until her father returned. Smiling brightly, she waved over and called to him. "Hey daddy, is your skin feeling better now?"

Tartara Seabreeze

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:38 pm
Twinkleshine was very nice. Like his own mother. It oddly gave him a pang of homesickness, as this was the longest he had been from home. He smiled gratefully at the mother and daughter as they fussed about making the couch comfortable for him. His grandfather was civil to the more wild type pae, but always was wary about them. Something about the Guardians not trusting them. And here he was surrounded by them, and they were all...nice.

What was the big deal? What was the fear? They didn't look like him, sure. But that wasn't anything to be afraid- his blue eyes widened as somepae cleared their throat. He looked over to the doorway to see an opposing, stern faced male. Before the male even spoke, Hemi knew it was the father. "Y-yes sir. I'm...friends...with Rosewater." He spoke rather meekly, shrinking under the glare. Then suddenly, inexplicably, all the tenseness disappeared. Replaced with humor. The shetani blinked. "I'm...Hemi. Nice to meet you." He was so confused the poor boy didn't know what to do with himself.

o0_Daisuke_0o

Dementia Requiem Asumi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:46 pm
Flutter grinned, happy to help her mom do something useful. And it was something that Rose wouldn't want to help her do either, so bonus. Right? The little oddball couldn't have been more happy in that moment. Even her tiny tail was waving as she fluffed pillows. "Th-th-thank you M-m-mother~" She hummed, appreciating the help as well.

Friends with Rose? That was most certainly an interesting statement. The last he knew Rose didn't make friends. No matter. She was asking him a question. "Hmm?" Oh, the dried skin. "Oh, yeah. I'm good. At least for a few hours." The sprite shrugged, trying to downplay how often he dried out in front of everyone. Ocie was fairly certain Twinkle was the only one who knew what he was doing for them.

"Hemi, was it?" His attention turned to the teen in the doorway. "You say you're a friend of Rose? Why are you just standing in the entrance? Come in, come in. We don't bite too hard."

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:45 pm
Moving to Flutter, Twinkleshine sat beside her and began making shuffling for a spare blanket. The children wouldn't remember how empty this whole place had been when they'd first been born and how much trouble they'd gone through for the little luxuries they did have. Well, perhaps Sammy would remember; where had that bird gone off to anyways? Looking over with a bright smile, she held up a soft, woolen blanket. It was simple and lacked any distinctive coloring or designs, but it would keep one warm. "What do you think dear: too plain for a guest?"

Rosewater was sitting there, watching the little exchange with a smile on her face. "Yeah, come on in," she chimed in as her father approved (for now) the boy. She'd almost expected Ocie to be a bit harder on him; oh well. "Oh, I know!" she stood up and brushed off her legs. "Are you thirsty? You must be considering how far you've walked. I could make tea for everyone?" She looked around for a response.

"That sounds like a great idea Rose. Please do."

Nodding once, the girl let herself out of the room and moved instead to the kitchenette. Once there, she checked on the embers in their little stone 'stove' before adding in a few pieces of timber to get a fire going. Though there was an exhaust to the outside, enough always escaped in the house to scent it with smoke. It would take a few minutes for the fire to burn down enough so that she could heat water over it.

Tartara Seabreeze

Dementia Requiem Asumi

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas