Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[PRP] I'm No Doctor, But Are You Bipolar? (Beau/Tanyth) FIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:38 pm
User Image

One would be hard pressed to think of another day as perfect as today was. The temperature was warm but not hot as the sun was out but played peekaboo amongst the soft white clouds overhead. A breeze tickled throughout the buildings, ruffling the displays of the various shops lining the Outer Bailey of Telrunya City. This very same wind kicked up to push past a specific absent-minded demonic, thoughtfully chewing on sweet roll from a nearby cart.

It just so happened however, to knock the fez clear off his head. "Oh!" Beau quickly turned to walk after the rolling hat, determined to snatch it back but too refined to run around like a child. The wind would eventually stop and the fez could be washed. But the breeze had other intentions in mind, taking the fashion piece up and around the corner then down an alley. Oh what journey is my hat taking me on? He whimsically thought with a chuckle. It was a good thing he had no plans that day.

Teigra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:04 pm
User Image

Tanyth had spent the last week or so back in the City. From time to time, even she felt the urge to be social. Okay, correction: semi-social, if only to barter for fine goods. The well-dressed demon was in the process of trying to talk down a merchant who wanted three of her fine furs for a single silk scarf. How ridiculous!

"How often do you see furs of this quality?" she argued, trying to keep her tone pleasant. No no...threatening the merchants did not usually get you a better deal. There were exceptions, but she was trying to do this the 'polite' way at the moment. Unless he insisted on remaining so unreasonable, of course. "I will admit they are a bit on the small side, more than usual, but I'll give you no more than two for the scarf."

Blinking, the demon female paused her haggling to look down at her foot. An odd sort of...hat, was it? It had rolled against her foot, and now was just...resting there. Her long tail delicately hooked its tip into the open edge of the hat, then upended it to rest upon her tail as she lifted it into the air for a better look.

"What in the Guardians' names...?"

Tartara Seabreeze

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:27 pm
OOC: Oh Fez, are you playing matchmaker? wink

BIC: Down the alley and into another collection of shops, these ones more of the clothing variety as opposed for food. He finished off his sweet roll, still following his tumbling hat in easy going fashion. Speaking of fashion however...

It appeared his hat had stopped and was being lifted by a very fashionable female. Long paper white locks to contrast with midnight skin, the snake female curiously examined the Fez. His fez. He flashed a bit of a nervous smile as he walked up to the female. "Excuse me madam, you've seem to have acquired my headpiece. Apologies if it's disturbed you." Would it kill him to talk like a normal pae for once in his life?

Probably.

Teigra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:44 pm
Eyes narrowing as she was approached by the stranger, a soft hiss escaped her lips before he identified himself as the owner of the...headpiece. What a tacky little hat... Why in the world someone would want to wear a bucket on their head, she couldn't imagine.

Lifting an eyebrow at the odd phrasing of his speech, she also lifted her tail until the hat was at eye level to them both. "Hmm...apology accepted. Perhaps if it is so prone to misbehavior, you should keep it on a shorter leash." With that, she flicked her tail, sending the hat tumbling up into the air in an arc towards the other demon.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have business to attend to." Turning back to the angel behind the booth, she continued coldly, "Two furs for the scarf. That's my final offer."

Tartara Seabreeze
((Oh lawd, gonna' be a quick end to a career if so... ^^;; ))

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:00 am
His eyebrows flicked upwards at the hiss, not expecting her to be that upset by clearly an accident. But her play with the situation made the surprise turn into mirth as he uttered a soft chuckle. "Indubitably. Perhaps I should procure a sort of adhesive!" That was a silly thought, gluing his fez to his head. Perhaps however hair clips could be a good remedy. His hat was always seeming to pop off his head at the most inconvenient of times.

Grabbing the hat awkwardly out of the air, he fitted the piece back on top of his head. He was about to walk off with a acknowledging nod, but he couldn't help but see the exasperated look on the poor salespae. When he declined for what was obviously not the first time because the size of her furs, Beau turned back to the stall. "Pardon me if it's beyond my business, but based on observation alone those furs appear to be of high quality." As a frown popped on the others face and his lips parted to once again say no, Beau quickly cut back in. "Ah, I see negotiation will not suffice. A moment please." The male turned to the sack at his hip which he had brought to do his own trading. Mainly for food as other possessions didn't excite him. After digging for a minute, he finally found what he was looking for and opened his hand to them to show a handful of perfect, round pearls. Found from the oysters he had dove in the lake for an experiment.

The salespae eyes seemed to gleam as the frown dissipated into a friendly smile. I believe a few of these would make up the difference financially of a third fur."

Teigra
Never said it was GOOD at it rofl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:45 pm
The vendor's eyes practically lit up at the new offer, though he struggled not appear too eager to accept. He failed. Making a grab for the pearls and the furs before either Pae could change their minds, he then pushed the sash towards Tanyth. "Deal!"

Lifting an eyebrow at the exchange, Tanyth reigned in her temper...for now. That greedy cheat! He got off good today. If she hadn't been puzzled by new demon's behavior, she'd have been sure to give the vendor a piece of her mind. Eh...next time. It wasn't worth the hassle or energy right now.

She was irritated, nonetheless, and part of her wanted to snap at the male with the tacky hat for butting into her business. For that's what it was, her business. It was how she made ends meet here in the City, as well as how she acquired the fine things she may not have needed, but certainly enjoyed. On the other hand, she could tell from his demeanor that he actually believed he'd been helping her. He probably had no idea what those pearls were actually worth. At least two of those silk scarves, by themselves.

So, somewhere between wanting to snap his head off and ugh...no, she was not going to thank him for his 'help.' Maybe she could TRY to be somewhere in the middle.

Sighing, she picked up the scarf to move away from the rejoicing dealer. Looping it around one hand as if inspecting the quality, she glanced towards the demon with the hat. "You know, you didn't have to do that." Her tone was conversational, but before he got the wrong idea about her comment, she added, "He'll be back at the game as soon as we walk away. And I'll just have to haggle with him again next week. You could have gotten more than just a scarf with those pearls, too."

"The guy's a greedy thief who will take advantage of you if you let him," she said with a roll of her eyes. "However, he also has access to the nicest goods, so...you just have to be firm with him." Least she could do was give him some advice if he was gonna' make it here in the City. Could be tougher on 'soft' Pae here than down on the Isle sometimes.

Tartara Seabreeze

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:53 pm
He hadn't meant all the pearls in his hand. Just two or so! But before he could protest, all of them were gone from his hand. Thankfully he only grabbed four else he'd have nothing left to trade with himself. "An entirely accurate statement." The demon agreed with a somewhat annoyed glance at the vendor before moving away from his stall with the female. "I was attempting at building a mutually beneficial relationship, alas I may have miscalculated my approach. Ah well. Lesson learned." He spoke with a bit of a sigh. At least he was able to assist with her procuring the scarf.

"If I was not completely transparent, I am a fairly new arrival to Telrunya." This bit he spoke in a bit of a chuckle, a hand lifting towards the nicely clad demoness. "Forgiveness if I intruded earlier. It's a bit of a daily struggle for me with social cues. My name is Beau."

Teigra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:53 pm
Tanyth huffed quietly, a sound that could have been interpreted as amusement if one's imagination stretched far enough. She'd met some odd Pae before, but this fellow seemed to take the cake. Between the odd manner of speech and word choice and obvious lack of understanding of local culture...fish out of water, to be sure.

She looked at his hand for a moment, but did not return the gesture. It wasn't just this individual; she treated everyone the same. She wasn't fond of contact...nor of the looks she received when others made contact with her skin and realized her scales were more than mere markings. Instead, she lifted the scarf to loop it loosely around her neck, adding a twist and a loop to embellish the look while draping the ends stylishly over her shoulders.

"Tanyth."

She lifted her eyes back to the other, adding, "And yes, I could tell. And if I could tell, then so could the circling vultures here. Might want to be careful about that. They'll take advantage if they think they can. Best to pretend you know what you're doing here, even if you don't. Keep something hidden; don't put it all out there in public." The advice could have been taken as a token of thanks...perhaps. With creativity.

"New to Telrunya, you say?" A hint of curiosity crept into her nonchalant tone. "Clearly, I suppose. What strange land do you hail from, stranger Beau?"

Tartara Seabreeze

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:15 pm
Circuling vultures? He glanced around himself to the other shopkeeps, noting a few hurriedly looking away. "Ah, particular metaphor but accurate nonetheless. Perhaps a guise of aptitude would be best. I'm most appreciative of your consideration for me."

He flashed a smile and let his hand drop to instead straighten his little bow. Not a hand shake type of girl, he'd respect that. "I sincerely doubt you'd believe me if I said. In any regard it is of little consequence to you. I'd rather converse upon more pleasant topics as such how lovely the day is. I was going for a walk...would you like to partake in it with me?"

Teigra
I don't know how to wrap this up o.o; Beau isn't rude enough to just up and leave.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:55 pm
Was it a peculiar metaphor? Perhaps coming from one who, today at least, was dressed like one of the City's fine elite. Appearances could be deceiving though. With a half-smile, Tanyth added, "Indeed. A predator picks the weakest from the herd to target. Best at least to appear more capable if possible."

The stranger had managed to trigger her curiosity, but it was with only mild irritation she noted the way he avoided answering her question. Of course, it was a better method of stirring intrigue, so she had to give him some credit for that; it was working too. She still wanted to know where the stranger could possibly have come from to be new to Telrunya...perhaps she would have to entertain his presence longer in order to find out.

At least, now that he wasn't trying so hard, he seemed less irritating than she'd initially believed.

"I have witnessed a number of events that one would otherwise not believe. That being said, I will leave you your secret...for now," she finished pointedly. Shooting a brief glance over her shoulder at the trader's booth they'd left, she turned back to Beau with a benign expression. "My business here in the market is finished for today. I suppose I have no other appointments scheduled, so I could possibly spare some time for a stranger to Telrunya."

Tartara Seabreeze

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:48 pm
Peculiar indeed these metaphors. Gruesome to contradict her poised appearance. But the tidbit of information was carefully filed away. He'd have to research on how to appear more competent in bargaining. Would the library possess something like that?

His mind was getting away from him again however. That was a quandary for later. For the moment he had a rather fetching female to address. His smile grew in size at her response to his offer. "Splendid! I'd hardly squander an opportunity to converse with a local." He'd just quietly step away from talk of where he was from, though he was appreciative she let the matter lie. With that, he happily turned to walk away from the aforementioned vultures of the bazaar. "The City is so immense, admittedly I've been shying away from this stroll for quite some time. Is there much to do aside from the Library and shops?" As he said, he'd hardly squander the opportunity to learn about the City. He was new after all.

Teigra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:53 pm
Tanyth seemed to ponder the question for a bit before answering. "Well, as you mentioned, there's the library, so I'll leave you to explore that one yourself. And as for shops, well, depends on what kinds of shops you're interested in. There's the bazaar behind us, lots of booths, open for trade for all types of goods. The same shopkeepers seem to claim the same booths for the most part, but once in a while a new stall opens up. If you're looking for an establishment that's somewhat more permanent, there are some shops away from the bazaar as well. Cafes, bakeries, the like. Places with a permanent building, so much easier to find reliably. I can show you a couple of places along the way that I consider the most respectable that provide good service."

Aside from that? "Let's see...other than that, there's a couple of other places I could recommend. The City Spa for one. If you're ever in the mood for some pampering and divine care, that's the place to go. There's a masseuse there...hands to die for," she chuckled in a low tone. "Ask for Naveed if you're interested. Otherwise, there's been some interest lately in starting some sort of theater group to do productions. I haven't heard much on that lately, but I've been out of the City until just recently." She didn't expand on that; if he had his secrets, she could have hers.

"The only thing I can say the City is lacking is a bit of open space. I've heard the castle has some gardens within, but...well, that's generally reserved only for the Squires' use. Suppose that's fine though, considering all they do to protect us from the dangers outside. They deserve a little 'outside' without having to fight the heathens for it. Out here, most of the space goes towards business and living space. Not a lot of open nature. So, if you're looking for that, you'll have to visit the Isle below. Plenty of that down there."

The tension and hostility that had been present in her form since the two met had slowly melted away. Now, the lady walked calmly, long tail draped low, scales lightly brushing the stone streets they traversed. She still moved with confidence, but self-contained and content, as if surrounded by an invisible bubble, keeping her separated from her surroundings even as she moved through them. The most obvious sign of change was not in her posture, however, but in her willingness to speak; especially one who normally did not mince words.

Of course, if one taught another to fend for themselves, then they were less likely to need to ask for help again. Self-reliance was valuable skill.

"Here in the City," she continued, slightly shifting the topic, "if you're going to make it, you have to pitch in somehow. Many have an occupation that produces some sort of goods that you can use in trade. If you can't create something that others want, well, then there's option two: taking a service job somewhere in the City. Then, you'll get compensation for a job well done; and there's always work to be done with so many in one place. Just a matter of finding what works for you."

Tartara Seabreeze

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:41 pm
The demon listened rather thoughtfully, carefully archiving all of the information given. He was good at that. The spa was of vague interest to him, but what she seemed to put the most emphasis on was employment. A rather obvious objective for him to pursue, but still one he had made no effort towards. The time spent here had been mainly one of leisure, checking out books to further his knowledge of the world. Perhaps however it would provide a different type of knowledge, one not gleaned in books. Real world experience.

He kept pace with her, his steps quick and lively compared to her graceful glide. Aqua eyes flicking upon all the surrounding buildings to tuck each location into memory. "Hmm. I understand. While compensation in a monetary sense is not my priority, I could acquire the 'street smarts' if memory serves correctly. Perhaps aiding in my social interactions for the future. I'm rather deft in scribing, do you believe that an asset here?"

Teigra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:53 pm
Chuckling a bit to herself, Tanyth silently reminded herself that not all valued the finer things in life as she did. "Street smarts are indeed valuable. And enough work to get the things you need to live, like food, would be sufficient. As for scribe work..." She paused, having to think on that one for a moment. Sure, she acknowledged that books and records were valuable...but it wasn't something she spent her resources and valuable free time on.

"I suppose the library could have some work for you? Could check with them at least. And if not, I've heard of at least one scholar who does work for the Squires. Dangerous work though from what I've heard. So maybe check with the library first. And maybe they would know of any other work you could do?"

Tartara Seabreeze

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:07 pm
Scribing certainly did seem like an art lost for majority of City dwellers. At least not sufficient enough to be a budding business on his own. "A wise suggestion. I'm confident the library could utilize my skills effectively, without me fulfilling work for the Squires." Even a shut in such as himself had heard of the Squires. And mutterings of a tree explosion were often in similar conversation. "I fully appreciate the information you've provided. This walk has proven to be far more enlightening than I had previously anticipated. I do hope in the future our paths will cross again."

Teigra

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces