Welcome to Gaia! ::

TinierMe

Back to Guilds

A place to meet Gaians who share a love and interest in the web-community, TinierMe ! 

Tags: TinierMe, Selfy, GCrest, Kokoro, Gacha 

Reply TinierMe
Flight Rising - Registration open Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:58 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Any of you guys already members?
If not, they are currently open for registration - but only until tomorrow morning 5AM PST.
Click on the logo.

Think of Neopets, but with dragons. And cooler. Prettier art too.
It was a Kickstarter project that got funded just about almost exactly a year ago. The reason it's not open to the public permanently is because they're still working out server capacity. They're still adding content as well to make it more fun. It's fantastic as it is now frankly.

Anyway, my name on there is Fianna. Find me if you join or are already a part of FR =)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:14 pm
Hrmm... I don't really like dragons but I'll sign up since registration is so exclusive. ouo;; Hopefully I don't get too addicted. emotion_0A0

Oh boy, I'll never be able to decide on an element... xd emotion_sweatdrop  

badtzmaru
Crew

Adorable Waffles

21,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:56 pm
badtzmaru
Hrmm... I don't really like dragons but I'll sign up since registration is so exclusive. ouo;; Hopefully I don't get too addicted. emotion_0A0

Oh boy, I'll never be able to decide on an element... xd emotion_sweatdrop

razz Well, bare in mind that the element you choose will determine the eye color of the dragons hatched in your lair/clan. So maybe knowing that might help you choose~

If you don't like the current one you end up choosing, you can switch to another element for free, but only once. After that, you'll have to wait 6 months after your last change, and it's I think $20. So choose wisely! * A*  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:15 pm
Veiss Wynd
razz Well, bare in mind that the element you choose will determine the eye color of the dragons hatched in your lair/clan. So maybe knowing that might help you choose~

If you don't like the current one you end up choosing, you can switch to another element for free, but only once. After that, you'll have to wait 6 months after your last change, and it's I think $20. So choose wisely! * A*
Thank you! That's good to know, but now I'm even more conflicted. gonk Which element did you choose??  

badtzmaru
Crew

Adorable Waffles

21,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Noble Shade 100

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:23 pm
badtzmaru
Veiss Wynd

Thank you! That's good to know, but now I'm even more conflicted. gonk Which element did you choose??

xD
I chose Shadow, for 2 reasons =)
I wanted purple eye'd dragons and Shadow fits the Halloween theme, which (if you look at my lair, you'll see I have an obsession with Halloweeny colored dragons .3.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:37 pm
Veiss Wynd
xD
I wanted purple eye'd dragons and Shadow fits the Halloween theme, which (if you look at my lair, you'll see I have an obsession with Halloweeny colored dragons .3.)
I wanna choose shadow for the purple eyes, too. rofl But I don't like dark factions. emotion_8c Why does purple always have to be evil? emo

I can't decide between Nature or Arcane... or maybe Shadow. xd  

badtzmaru
Crew

Adorable Waffles

21,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Noble Shade 100

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:22 pm
badtzmaru
Veiss Wynd
xD
I wanna choose shadow for the purple eyes, too. rofl But I don't like dark factions. emotion_8c Why does purple always have to be evil? emo

I can't decide between Nature or Arcane... or maybe Shadow. xd

Pshhh Shadow's not evil. I love purple very much! and orange.

Both are great! My husband signed up for Arcane, and Elie chose Nature =D
There's also Wind, which has light colored green eyes.

Arcane is funny, cause there's this inside joke due to bugs popping up, and Arcane appearing at the scene of the crime.
The head canon lore is that they created a spell that destroyed a bunch of stuff (or that part might be legit, not sure Dx). So for example, I experienced such a time when Arcane was at the scene of the crime. The last "Holiday Event" which is an elemental festival where an element is celebrated. It was supposed to be Nature's festival, but for the first day, Arcane showed up in the logo and in the special event item shop. It was all their shop items instead of nature items neutral
You'll see meme's popping up blaming Arcane for stuff. It's always safe to blame them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:46 am
Veiss Wynd
Pshhh Shadow's not evil. I love purple very much! and orange.

Both are great! My husband signed up for Arcane, and Elie chose Nature =D
There's also Wind, which has light colored green eyes.

Arcane is funny, cause there's this inside joke due to bugs popping up, and Arcane appearing at the scene of the crime.
The head canon lore is that they created a spell that destroyed a bunch of stuff (or that part might be legit, not sure Dx). So for example, I experienced such a time when Arcane was at the scene of the crime. The last "Holiday Event" which is an elemental festival where an element is celebrated. It was supposed to be Nature's festival, but for the first day, Arcane showed up in the logo and in the special event item shop. It was all their shop items instead of nature items neutral
You'll see meme's popping up blaming Arcane for stuff. It's always safe to blame them.
Bah, I couldn't decide between Nature or Shadow, so I chose Light. eek emotion_sweatdrop I'm glad I can make my dragons purple, though!

Any tips for a beginner? biggrin  

badtzmaru
Crew

Adorable Waffles

21,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Noble Shade 100

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:12 am
badtzmaru
Bah, I couldn't decide between Nature or Shadow, so I chose Light. eek emotion_sweatdrop I'm glad I can make my dragons purple, though!

Any tips for a beginner? biggrin

Oh yes. you can always breed dragons with purple colors and hatch more purple dragons =D

And Yes! I do have tips.

Under your Clan menu, on the left-hand side is a link called "Gather."
At first, you only get to gather items up to 10 times. (you can also choose where you want to gather from - using the drop down menu under each type of gather action).
After 3 days have passed of your clan's energy being at least 80% or more full, you'll get to gather up to 15 times a day. It stays at 15 for a while. The new cap which was added after I joined is now 25 I think. Which is great * A*
I haven't earned that 25 cap yet it seems tho :0 So I dunno what the requirements for it is.

Anyways. You wanna gather each day for a few reasons.
-It can get you food. Especially if you're running out of one of the 4 different types of food. Cause each dragon has a preferred diet.
-If you choose to "Dig," you might unearth some Chests which give you goodies.
-If you choose to "Scavenge," you might find an Unhatched Egg (which sells for a good amount of treasure because it will hatch what is called a Gen 1 dragon. I explain that a liiittle later).
-I think by either digging or scavenging or both (I forget), you might find a Familiar (which is good. I explain a liiiitle later).
-If you care for achievements, getting up to level 10 and 25 for each action will get you one.

I will explain real quick about Familiars and also Unhatched Eggs.
Unhatched Eggs always hatch Gen1 dragons. A Gen1 dragon has no parents, just like the first 2 dragons you receive when you created your clan. I do not believe you can trade or sell your starter dragons, but any dragons you find that are Gen1 you can sell or trade. There are enthusiasts on FR who love collecting Gen1 dragons for whatever reason. Prestige of having a first of a bloodline/RPing orphans/etc. So they sell for a good amount, even though when they hatch, they will always be "Ungened" and their breed will be one of the 4 starers, which are what we call "Plentifuls" (which is their rarity status. In this case, meaning that there are many many many of them, so they're definitely not rare).

You might be wondering what Ungened means. That means that the dragon has no special genes. So it's Primary, Secondary and Tertiary genes are all gonna be Basic. Having genes makes them rarer/more valuable. Usually they don't sell for much, unless they're Gen1, which makes all the difference to a buyer who cares. (there are enough of these kinds of buyers too I think. I see em around a lot and they have dedicated threads to Gen1 Dragons).

Familiars - are like pets for your dragons. If you go to your dragon's page, you'll see on the bottom-right, a slot where your familiar will go. Click on the "Change" button to assign a Familiar if you have one. Once it's assigned, you'll see a pink heart and an empty bar next to it. You can click on that heart once every day to "Bond" with your dragon's Familiar. You wanna do this every day too. It'll fill up the empty bar, and once it is filled, the Familiar will give you a Chest filled with goodies and Treasure (gold on FR is called Treasure). Once you dedicate enough time to a familiar, the chest type improves and it will even give you Gems (which are like GCash or GC).

Food. You'll always see how much of each of the 4 food types you have left if you visit your Dragon Lair page (located under Clan menu). There's Insects, Meat, Seafood and Plants. Some dragons are pickier than others, but they will always primarily eat whatever of the 4 foods are listed as the first one under their Diet.
As you get more and more dragons, you'll find that you'll have a looot of mouths to feed, and Gathering wont really be enough.
You can buy food. But the best way is by grinding/farming for food at the Coliseum (which is under the Play menu).
The Coliseum is where you can battle with your dragons. Either against Monsters or other players. Do the monsters battling and the monsters will drop all sorts of items, including food, chests, materials, skins and even Familiars.
Level up your dragons a bit. By the time your party reaches level 16-17, you can 1-hit anything that's in the level 1 field.
The level 1 field is the best place to farm for food. That field carries all 4 of the different food groups, and the drop rate is the same, no matter what level you are. It's worth doing not just for the food, but for the potential loot you might get, which you can sell, or use for trading for nicer items.

Make some easy-enough Treasure by playing at the Fairgrounds, under Play menu. Best game to play is probably the Tidal Trouble game. The most you're allowed to earn a day is 75k treasure, which isn't bad. It'll get you decent dragons.

Lastly for now, once a day, you can collect 1 item from Pinkerton. You can find him under the Shop menu, if you click on the Trading Post link. Pinkerton's shop is on the right-hand side. You might also be able to make a good amount of money by trading some random goods to Pinkerton's sister, Crim. Her shop is just above Pinkerton's. The items are always random, and sometimes they are not worth selling. The way that I check to see if I should sell a certain item to her or not is by checking to see how much other users are selling it for at the Auction House (under Shop menu as well.). The Auction House (abbr. AH) is the user market. Click on it, and you'll see all the items on sale. You'll see a sub menu for each item type. If you don't find an item by searching it's name in the search engine for the shop, then it might be a different type of item. Some will be obvious. Like food items, always have the food icon for the type of food they are.
If you don't find the item at all, I like to play it safe by not selling it to Crim. Just in case. If you have a lot of the particular item though, it might be worth selling. You can do stuff with certain items.
If you go to Trading Post again, and this time visit Swipp's Swap Stand, which is on the left side, he'll trade you fancy items for materials/food/other items. It can be a little hard collecting stuff for him. Just so you know though, the items he offers do cycle through again, so if you missed an item you liked, it'll come back again later. There's a thread somewhere that has all of his items written down, as well as the times when it shows up.

I hope it doesn't bore you Dx
I haven't explained Holiday Festivals yet. They happen usually during the last week of each month, and they celebrate a Flight element. The big deal about it is getting all 4 of the event items. Or at the very least, the familiar.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:44 pm
Veiss Wynd
emotion_jawdrop Thank you so much for that guide!! I read everything!

Thanks for telling me about the freebie! And I like the monster battle; it reminds me a little of Heralds of Chaos. whee

I can't wait until the Light Festival! Good thing I signed up in time for my element month. emotion_dowant  

badtzmaru
Crew

Adorable Waffles

21,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Noble Shade 100

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:16 pm
badtzmaru
Veiss Wynd
emotion_jawdrop Thank you so much for that guide!! I read everything!

Thanks for telling me about the freebie! And I like the monster battle; it reminds me a little of Heralds of Chaos. whee

I can't wait until the Light Festival! Good thing I signed up in time for my element month. emotion_dowant

You're welcome! =D
I'm glad it was mostly readable then.

And yup! The Light festival is coming around at the end of this month! It'll be the very first festival of the new cycle of elements. Nature was the last one to be celebrated, and it was the last one to have a holiday. The first one to be celebrated ever was Light. So full cycle .3.

Let me teach you real quick about how it works.

Let us say, it will be veeery worth it to level up your dragons at least to level 17.
I suggest a party of all attack type dragons. Each breed has different stats and skill sets. Every dragon that belongs to a particular breed all start with the same base stats.
For example.
Guardians, Spirals, Mirrors, Imperials and Wildclaws are attack dragons.

Coatls, Faes, Tundra, Skydancers and Pearlcatchers are magic dragons. From my experience, they're annoying to work with, cause you need to recharge energy first before you can attack. With attack dragons, you can go straight into attacking, and I feel they do more damage. I so magic dragons are probably better for healing, but healing is probably better when you are doing PVP. I never really needed a healer. I just try to kill things faster.

You also want a party of 3 and no less. You'll find yourself dying a lot with just your 2 starters, and that means they'll lose energy. Which decreases your clan's overall energy - which means you'll need to feed your clan more often.

As you level up, go to the Abilities and Stats menu at Coliseum, and click on Yellow glowing button that says Stat Points Available!
And put stats in this order:
3 points for Attack, 2 for QCK, and 1 for VIT for each level. So if you have left over points after putting in those 6 allocated points (and you will have some left over), keep putting in more stat points using that same formula.
I keep a spread sheet so that I don't get confused, and know what stats my dragon should be at.
Here is my spreadsheet, where I have my stat allocations all laid out for Spiral breed and Guardian breed, since those are the 2 I've been using so far:

Dragon Leveling Stats

I've been getting lazy and just putting stats mostly on attack. I got lazy at lvl 17. It's only been 2 levels since then, but I'm sure I can fix up the stats when I decide not to be lazy again. My dragons are doing pretty well in areas that are higher than they are, so I'm just not too worried in general.

But anyways.
The reason why it's important to level up the dragons for the upcoming festival, is that the way the festival works is like this:

The Festive Favors shop opens up! (that last link under the Shop menu that seems to be closed at the moment wont be closed any longer for the 1 week that the festival takes place).
There will be 4 items on sale. 3 Apparel items, and 1 Familiar that reflects the element. Last cycle, the theme of the familiars was Sprites. If you search for "sprite" in the Familiar Auction House search option, you'll see all of the element familiars from all the past events (minus the Rainbow Sprite. That wasn't one of them. It just happens to also be called Sprite).
We're getting a new theme for this new cycle. We don't know what it is yet!

But anyways! In order to purchase these items, you will need to collect as "special" item which will function as the currency for the festival - which is separate from Treasure or Gems. (but you could buy them from other players for treasure or gems at the AH if you'd like).

The first way to gather them, and I strongly recommend this, cause you'll get the most out of this method - is by Gathering.
Either Dig or Scavenge (I recommend digging for a reason I'll explain later). Also, it will be veeery important that you select to dig in the area that pertains to the celebrated holiday.
So if it is the Light Festival, then select to dig in the Light area. Or else you wont find any of the special currency.

After that, you can get more of that special currency by playing at the Coliseum.
And the way it works is that any monster that is of the celebrated element, OR Neutral, has the possibility of dropping the currency. If you farm for it, you can earn a lot.

The first item in the Festive Favors shop costs 25 of the currency. The next, which is the Familiar, costs 35. Then the other is like 40, and the last one is 65. AT least, that's how it was throughout the year for this past cycle.

Lastly, there are skins you can buy or find that are specially tied to this event.

If you go to the Marketplace under Shop menu (the regular treasure/gem shop), and you click on the Skins sub menu while having the Treasure option selected, you'll find that there's nothing on sale.
During the festivals, you'll see skins available for sale at 35k Treasure each. Those are the skins that were chosen as winners for the skin contest that is announced some time before the festival happens. There have been more selections recently than before it seems.
There were a total of 10 this last festival I think, and 5 of those were available as a rare drop at the Coliseum, or through Digging. It'll appear as a chest. When you open the chest, the skin will be inside, as well as about 2-4k Treasure, and 1Gem or so. and maybe something else. I don't remember. I've only ever opened one chest. After that, I decided I didn't wanna open them anymore. It can function as trade fodder in the future. Someone paid me 2 chests from past events as part of a payment for art I did for em. And I'm totally ok with that. I like hoarding that sort of stuff. But that's just me.
It's considered a rare item anyways, and the older ones sell for a good amount. 100k+ treasure.
So open it or keep it if you'd like. You can always buy it at the skin shop after all.
Warning about the skin shop during festival - the more "favored" skins will sell out super fast. You might not even see it on sale cause it's gone so fast. You might want to camp it.
You see, the Marketplace refreshes usually like every 15 minutes or so. During festival, I calculated that sometimes it refreshes as soon as 5 minutes. Sometimes 10, 15 minutes. Always at an interval of 5. When it refreshes, the skins are restocked. Sometimes they don't restock all of the skins, but eventually, they will restock each of them.

. A. That's all the knowledge I can pass of about Holiday Festivals I think.
Long post again. Sorry Dx  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:46 pm
Veiss Wynd
omg xd thanks again!!

I better start leveling my dragons then. gonk I wish I had 3 dragons on my team. I should've bought an adult male dragon instead of two babies. sweatdrop

Thanks for the heads up about the festival! I would've been so unprepared! I hope I can get all the event items. I'm a hoarder, so I never really use the marketplace to sell stuff unless I have loots of extras. I like and don't like how the marketplace sells very limited items for a short period of time. I guess it makes it interesting that you can't buy what you want when you want it, but it's also annoying how you can't tell when/if the item is coming back. emotion_facepalm  

badtzmaru
Crew

Adorable Waffles

21,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Noble Shade 100

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:15 am
badtzmaru
Veiss Wynd
omg xd thanks again!!

I better start leveling my dragons then. gonk I wish I had 3 dragons on my team. I should've bought an adult male dragon instead of two babies. sweatdrop

Thanks for the heads up about the festival! I would've been so unprepared! I hope I can get all the event items. I'm a hoarder, so I never really use the marketplace to sell stuff unless I have loots of extras. I like and don't like how the marketplace sells very limited items for a short period of time. I guess it makes it interesting that you can't buy what you want when you want it, but it's also annoying how you can't tell when/if the item is coming back. emotion_facepalm

Yea, I feel you on that frustration. On the bright side though, the gem items are always there. The only exception to that I've seen is the removal of Wildclaw scrolls.

There are only 2 dragons that were purchasable only through gems originally. The way that works is that you buy the a scroll that will turn any other dragon into whatever new breed was released.
Wildclaws is one of them. The other, which were released much more recently are the Coatls.
Right now, you can currently find Coatl scrolls in the gem market. But no longer Wildclaw.
A few weeks after Coatl scrolls were released, they sent out an announcement that they were gonna remove Wildclaw scrolls from the market.
So I wanna assume that they'll leave Coatl scrolls up for a while. Maybe until a new breed is introduced in the Gem shop.

Lastly - because you may have noticed just now -
FR goes into maintenance mode starting exactly at 12AM PST, for 30 minutes. I've never not been able to log in at exactly 12:30. They're pretty good about that.
But anyways yea. Just a heads up. This is what the community refers to as rollover :U When things, like your gathering turns and Familiar bonding turns get reset .3. As well as egg incubation and all.
:U There is a thread that my friend created around the time when I joined.
It's a Take a Dragon, Leave a Dragon thread. (abb TaD;LaD).

Literally, the way it sounds. You take any dragon you like. No matter how expensive it looks. Then you leave a dragon in it's place. Even if it's the cheapest looking poor ugly thing. There are some adults in there. Gened too it seems.
Even if you don't like what's there now, it's worth seeing what's there every now and then. It changes around, and if a dragon is there for too long, it's exalted.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:19 pm
Veiss Wynd
Ooh thanks, I should've traded a dragon from those threads! I didn't like the mirror dragon that joined my nest. stare

I don't think I'll do any fancy stuff to my dragons because I don't wanna buy gems and get too sucked into the game. eek

I don't really have a favorite dragon type yet, so I hope they release more breeds soon. I want a cute looking dragon, lol. emotion_kirakira

P.S. Thank you for those 2 familiars!! whee heart  

badtzmaru
Crew

Adorable Waffles

21,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Noble Shade 100

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:58 pm
badtzmaru
Veiss Wynd
Ooh thanks, I should've traded a dragon from those threads! I didn't like the mirror dragon that joined my nest. stare

I don't think I'll do any fancy stuff to my dragons because I don't wanna buy gems and get too sucked into the game. eek

I don't really have a favorite dragon type yet, so I hope they release more breeds soon. I want a cute looking dragon, lol. emotion_kirakira

P.S. Thank you for those 2 familiars!! whee heart

You're welcome! =D

I don't think you can trade your starter dragons. You can only exalt them, but you wont get any gold from exalting those.

You can trade treasure for gems btw! Since gems can be gifted the same way I gifted the Familiars to you (by attaching them to a message), people sell their gems, currently at a ratio of 1:500 gem/treasure. It can be competetive though, so sometimes you'll see it for 1:400, which is of course better for you.  
TinierMe

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff