Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Testimonies
My Testimony of Jesus Christ.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:02 pm
My Testimony of Jesus Christ.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:28 pm

That was a beautiful testimony of what Jesus has done in his life. Thank you for sharing that with us.

And the following goes out to everyone in the Guild:

I felt like I was seeing Saul of Tarsus in the guy in the video and how dramatically he changed..but from observing myself and others as well, who have been changed profoundly by Him, I can somewhat see that 'Saul' in all of us before we knew Him. Especially in my previous intentional fleshy life. I was absolutely..a mess. I had no regard for the things I knew was wrong. Most times, I didn't think twice about my sins. They were natural to do for me- even though I knew it was wrong. And I started to feel guilty ..and started to hate myself and others around me. I also think that God allowed me to feel guilt, to feel convicted and realize my need of a Savior. But anyway, I started to feel suicidal.. but there were A LOT of different things going on in my life at the time. For those who are new or those who haven't read about my own personal testimony, you may check it out in my profile.

Admittedly, there's a lot more to it than what I've typed out. It's honestly amazing..how God can totally transform your life through Christ and His Holy Spirit. I'm still struggling..even now. Accepting Him is not a promise of 'everyday is rainbow day'. There is struggle, there is an enemy that we cannot see, the attacks are real..but we are victorious through Christ who strengthens us. I need to intentionally pursue and seek God as much as I can in my day..otherwise, I feel like I'm out in the open field, with 100% absolute vulnerability to attacks, by not putting on the necessary equipment [His Word, applying His Word, prayer, praise, worship, praying] to guard myself with. I need to DIE EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. to myself [my fleshy carnal self with it's sinful desires] for Him. Renewal of the mind is so important, I find, when the Lord wakes me up in the morning. If I don't renew my mind, if I don't pray, if I don't read His Word.. I automatically feel super agitated throughout the entire day..I feel spiritually weak, I feel like my flesh has taken over, my emotions take over..and it doesn't help start my day off right when I choose to not make Him my first priority. I find that I always say "forgive me for my sinful thoughts.." but I feel like it's not so much my thoughts..but my heart- the attitude of my heart. I haven't come across, not that I can remember, a verse that said something about sin starting in our thoughts. It's always been the heart- the intention. When you're mad at someone- you don't really think about being mad- your thoughts aren't the first thing, I find, that makes you mad. I find that it starts in my heart..the attitude of it. Like for example- years ago, I hated my coworkers because of the daily bullying I received at my workplace. I would feel such hatred in my heart towards them..before the thoughts about them could take form.
So..I'm starting to realize that.. I need to evaluate my heart and it's condition.

verses to consider:

Quote:
Proverbs 4:23
Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.

It's interesting to take note that He doesn't say to guard your thoughts- although that's also not to say to not guard your thoughts either because that's important too. But to guard your heart. I never really knew what that meant. And please correct me if I'm wrong on this assessment.

Quote:
Psalm 51:10
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Quote:
John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid

Also interesting when He says to not let our *hearts* be troubled instead of our minds. I feel like it really does start in our hearts. You'll feel the emotion in your heart before you can even think about it.

Quote:
Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

Testimonies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces