Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
A Cursed Knight (Greedy Fatcat and Okami A.) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:32 pm
Being royalty is a very lonely prospect.

One prince though, managed to land himself a companion when he was young; a squire. The boy was from a long line of loyal knights, and was the same age as the prince. The two met and became fast friends.

However, the snowy land of Vasron and it's neighboring kingdoms are a dangerous place. Their friendship will be put to the test.

Name: Rakil Amarcon
Role: Knight
Pic User Image

Name: Reguna Vasron
Role: Prince
Pic
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:11 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

It had been a long night.

I stared down at the clean marble floor, feeling the cool air on my skin. I wore a white vestment with a red robe over that; my plain boots and leggings were black. I had been watching the chapel all knight, kneeling and praying, alone in the dark with only the moonlight to accompany me.

Soon, Reguna and his father would get here. Soon, my last night as a squire would end; and my first day of being a knight would begin. I just had to take my oaths, and take up the now holy blade on the alter infront of me. I could see it glow slightly in the darkness as the moon blessed it. Odd... it was normally the first sun's rays that blessed a knight's blade... Still, the blade was white and the handle inlayed with moonstone.

I just had to be patient, now. I could see through the window the sky starting to lighten, the dark blues turning paler and purple and pinks on the horizon... Soon the sun would shine through the stained glass window on the dawning of a new chapter in my life.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:14 pm
Okami Ameras

A long night indeed.
It was becoming gradually more difficult to stay asleep. Nothing in Reguna's life physically tired him; his life was boring. One might say it was a little selfish to say that, with what Reguna being royalty, a prince no less. But surely, his day-to-day living was something Reguna would quickly trade for…
Well, he didn't know what he'd trade it for. A busier life? A tiring one? A more interesting one, for sure.

The light of the sun spread about his chambers. He had opened the drapes last night, despite his maid constantly reminding him to leave them closed. But Reguna didn't notice, lost in his thoughts as he laid there. He looked like some sort of senile old man, except for the fact that Reguna was beautiful. He was a youthful young man, a face even women envied to have.

There was a knock on his door a little later. Ah, the maid. He had a knight's coronation today. Right, Rakil. Reguna was supposed to be happy for the chap; the two have been friends since they were very young. He rolled out of bed, sweeping the sheets to the floor before answering the door himself before the maid let herself in. She was startled by the door opening and Reguna's face being so close to her own.

"My lord-" Reguna put his hand up to quiet her. He had seen his itinerary today about a million times. He didn't need a maid reminding him of it again.

It was only when the sun was up in the sky, burning off the pinks of the sunrise did Reguna find himself at the doors of the chapel. He entered quietly, already guessing that he wasn't alone. He often visited the chapel, liking the serenity the atmosphere held. It was here he was bestowing Rakil's knighthood. Broad shoulders and brilliant red hair at the alter made Reguna smile. Sooner or later, this place will be filled with people.

"Rakil," he called, his voice echoing clearly inside the chapel. "You excited?" He asked, walking down the aisle with an amused look. He wore heavy robes, ones for official business. He didn't wear them often, this being one of the few times he looked so formal. He tugged on his sleeve.

[ Should I post in first person too? I can edit my post. ]  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:28 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

((Pick whatever Point of View you are most comfortable with. My main charrie is always played in First, unless I'm going for some long dramatic scene))

I stirred from where I had been kneeling, and I lifted my head and looked over my shoulder at the approaching figure. Ah! It was Reguna! I smiled upon seeing my good friend. I was tired, and I probably looked it too, but my smile was genuine.

Indeed I am. I said, rising slowly to my feet. My muscles protested against the movement, but I didn't care.

Looking past him, I saw people slowly starting to gather near the doors; we were visible through the windows, but people had yet to enter. I dipped into a customary bow with my hand over my chest. I normally didn't bother-- Reguna didn't care for it, but on this day, my first as a knight, it would be... unbecoming of me to be seen greeting the prince informally. Thankfully, they couldn't hear us.

I have been praying all night. It is... tiring. But is good to see you, my friend. How are you?

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:02 pm
Okami Ameras

Reguna watched Rakil bow, an unusual sight when the two were together. But Reguna guessed it was because people were watching. He lowered his head and looked towards the windows, his violet eyes twinkling as he saw people gathering. He turned his head back to Rakil, laughing a little.

"Praying all night? You look as tired as my bloodhound," he commented, patting Rakil's shoulder. His hunting dog had so many wrinkles on its face, the dog always looked tired. He laughed again, his mood lightening from its droll this morning.
"All is well. My father is coming today, so you know how it is. The usual stress that comes along with him," he replied.

The doors opened behind them again, bowing their heads respectfully and respectively towards Reguna and Rakil. They were preparing this place and soon this chapel will be full. Reguna glanced to Rakil. "Looks like I have to take my leave temporarily. I'll see you when the ceremony begins," he said in a hushed manner, now that there were people around. He moved away, with a small wave, before leaving the chapel. His robes fluttered about the floor every so often as he exited hurriedly.

[ Meh, I'll stick to third person. It's easier for me. ]  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:18 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

((K))

I feel like it too. I said quietly with a small laugh. And a nod. I understand.

The king was stressful on everyone, but especially on Reguna. I was thankful I was a knight; I had listened to Reguna rant many times about all kinds of things, such as exceptions he had to meet, rules on royal conduct, all kinds of things.

People came in to prepare the chapel, and my friend turned to take his leave for a few moments. I nodded and bowed again, before turning back to the alter and kneeling again. I went back to my prayers.

~~~

It wasn't long before the chapel was ready. I came from a long line of knights, so this was a big occasion for myself and my family. The royal purple banners were hung us in the front, as well as my family's banners which were a bright crimson red emblazoned with my family crest, a cat made of golden fire upon a shield.

People were already here, sitting in the pews and watching me as I knelt intently. I stayed still, listening to my breathing as I waited.

Fanfare came from outside, infront of the doors. The king had arrived; the ceremony would start shortly. I tried very hard not to shake with excitement.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:24 am
Okami Ameras

It was a spectacle. The glittering chapel, from when it was once so silent, turned into an incredible hall full of people, banners of color and chatter. For those who have never seen a knight's coronation, or a coronation in general, this was a sight to behold.

The old king's robes, made of only the fiercest animal's furs in these lands of Vasron, hugged warmly to his back. He stood with grandeur and heavy ornaments fitting of a king, wearing all white with accents of a deep royal purple.
"All hail King Gran! All hail King Gran of Vasron!" The chants bellowed as an older man strode down the aisles, his eyes seemingly holding no expression but merely being locked onto the red-headed soon-to-be knight before him. Reguna had followed him from behind, his violet eyes cast ahead. He was almost a spitting image of his father when he was younger besides Reguna's almost feminine features. He took after his mother in those areas.

The audience quieted when the two and several vassals settled in their positions. Reguna watched his father gaze upon the room, as if his old eyes were seeking something before laying on Rakil.

His voice was clear. Reguna didn't remember much after the word 'bestow' and 'knighthood'. He had seen his father do this exact same ceremony about a dozen times. He would go on to explain the achievements of the squire and his family, the codes of chivalry and order, and his pledge of loyalty.
While Reguna was surely happy that Rakil could be honored so, formal ceremonies such as these only tired Reguna. He often wondered how he'd deal with it when he was king. He could remember Rakil saying that when Reguna was eventually to become the king, that he was most likely to be the most uncaring and indifferent king in the history of the lands of Vasron.
He sighed softly, scratching his ear a little so that people wouldn't notice. But the bored expression on Reguna's face was undeniable.

The only part Reguna had in this whole ceremony was to merely stand at the side of his father. That, and at the end of it all, Rakil was to kiss the ring on his finger after he did it to his father. He glanced down at his hand, a giant rock of a thing banded around his left index finger. He wasn't yet married nor engaged, after much protest and persuasion out of arrangement. Which was why it was on his left than his right. But even then, he supposed he'd get a new ring on his right hand. Reguna gazed down at the glittering jewel on his finger before looking up at Rakil.
His face held pure happiness and excitement. To be expected of Rakil; he was by far more expressive than Reguna. Reguna made a small face, looked back at the staring crowd of people before looking back down at Rakil. His best friend, now a knight about to kiss his finger. A funny prospect to Reguna; he had to hold back his laugher.

[ I don't really know how knight coronation ceremonies go. I tried doing research but came up with nothing, so I sort of left it vague in case you wanted to go into anything… ]  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:40 am
Greedy Fat Cat

((That's good.))

The ceremony passed without so much of a hitch. I did everything just as I had been instructed, and King Gran did the traditional knighting with the blade upon the alter.

I felt him tap the flat of the blade upon each shoulder, and dub me "Sir Razil Amarcon." then the blade was presented to me; it was an elegant gold and white scimitar, the hilt inlayed with moonstone. A rare weapon in the chilly country... then again, you could say I am a rare man myself, to be such friends with a prince.

More formality, and soon all I had to do was kiss the rings on the king and the prince's fingers. I swept into a formal bow and waited for the king to present to me the ring, and I gave it a light peck. Then I stepped over to Reguna, and I could see mirth in his eyes as he tried to keep from cracking up. I had a slight smirk on my face, matching his expression as I kissed the ring on his finger too.

And with that, I am now a knight!

Cheers went up from the pews; people were celebrating! I heard something about a feast at the castle through the cheers. I straightened up, a smile on my face as I stepped to the side to make way for the King and the prince. I looked down at the blade in my hands; it would be customary to name it-- but later. Now was not the time.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:13 pm
Okami Ameras

The cheers were startling, making Reguna tense up as people started to congratulate the new, young knight. Reguna made a small face, looking up at his father. He seemed used to this, after all, his father was old. He looked back down and then to the crowds. One day, he too would be used to this.
The thought made him somber; being a king meant an even more mundane and tedious life than he was as a prince. He gave a long sigh, his father patting his shoulder. "Try not to sigh too much, or you'll get lines on your face," he said, though he didn't look at Reguna. Yet as soon as Reguna could process the attention his father gave him, the king moved away and took his hand from his shoulder. He began to wave to the crowds. He didn't look back even once and left the chapel.

Reguna watched his back, reclining a little. His father usually didn't pay mind to Reguna, much less talk to him about anything other than official matters. Reguna didn't know what to think and returned his gaze to Rakil.
He went to him, watching as Rakil admired his blade. "So, sir knight, after this, you'll be a whole lot busier. Leaving me behind in my boring duties, eh?"
Of course, this joke was brought up by Reguna several times over, ever since Rakil decided to be a knight. He grinned; besides, he would have Rakil become part of his guard whenever Reguna rose to kingship. Or, at least, that was what Reguna agreed on.

The feast had already begun. Reguna dreaded large parties, but he supposed it wouldn't be too bad with there being food there. And it gave Reguna a chance to talk to people he couldn't normally.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:28 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

I looked up as King Gran patted Reguna on the shoulder after my friend had sighed. The words were in passing, yet they spoke of care.

I smiled as Reguna approached me, and I fastened the blade to my belt, and put on a large furred cloak that was presented to me by a young squire who looked up at me with admiration. I smiled down at the boy and waved him away, and he ran off with a big grin.

I looked back to Reguna and clapped a hand on his shoulder, a bit rougher then his father had. I did it often with my friend; a sign of trust between us both.

Friend, it will take more then that to get rid of me. I said with a big grin. Now, come! There is food waiting for us back at the castle. I would ride by myself, but in this weather I would freeze. Might I ride with you in your carriage, my prince? I said playfully, using my prince in the same manner as Reguna had called me sir knight. I let go and let the cloak drape over my vestments as I smiled at Reguna.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:43 pm
Okami Ameras

Reguna nodded, looking to the many assistants waiting on his hand. He gave them an affirming look before they ran off to retrieve the carriage. Reguna then looked to Rakil, his exuberance flowing from him like that from the lights of the sun.

He could only offer a friendly smile, tugging his sleeve. "Of course," he simply noted. The crowds were subsiding, making their ways to the capitals to celebrate in the streets. Seriously, these people celebrated for every occasion, even if they didn't even know Rakil.
He spied an eye on his friend…well, he knew Rakil was quite popular. He was a good person, after all. Reguna couldn't suppose anyone saying that about himself.

"My lord, the carriage has arrived," an assistant said as he came running up through the cheering crowds in the chapel, bowing quickly. Reguna moved, walking through the crowds. People cried out for him, but he knew very well that he was just a prince in this country and not nearly as popular as officials with high honors, or his father. He walked quickly to get outside, never fairing well in regards to being in crowds.
Reguna glanced behind him, looking at Rakil before entering the ornate carriage. He laid back in the seat, looking out the window.

Alas, he rubbed his chin and opened his mouth to speak. "How do you do it? This is all so," he paused, "tiring." He didn't sigh but made a weary face. Yes, there was food waiting, but the noise and the people and the mindless chatter wasn't something he was looking forward to.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:00 am
Greedy Fat Cat

I followed Reguna through the chapel with a smile on my face. I often wondered how he could be so uncomfortable-- and then I had to remind myself that a lot of the attention he got he never felt like he really deserved. At least... that's what it seemed like to me, though I never truly asked my friend on his thoughts of being a prince. Tis was a theory of mine that would be impolite to ask upon.

I glanced aside as I walked, and saw a pretty woman giving me the eye. I was fairly sure that Reguna had seen her too. I winked at her and blew her a kiss, and she swooned into the arms of the person behind her. I chuckled.

Then we stepped into the chill, and I wrapped my furred cloak around me tighter. My armor would be ready for me in three days I knew-- armored and lined with warm fur so I wouldn't ever be bothered by the cold. I hurried after him, matching his pace as he headed for the carrige. I let him get in first, and I valiantly suppressed my shivers for the moment that it took for him to get in.

Still, the moment felt wayy longer then necessary. I was grateful when I was able to climb in after him and shut the door, letting the warmth of the carriage warm me up a bit.

I work hard. I said, rubbing my hands together to get some feeling back into them. It's play to me-- the crowds, the people, the talking. It's easy, compared to swinging a sword, carrying equipment, and tacking horses. The life of a squire is a hard one, and I'm glad to feel I have earned their attention.

There was the lashing of a whip, and the cheering of the crowed as the carriage rattled off. I waved out the window at people with a grin. After a few moments the carriage rattled out of sight, and the silence of the snow-hushed woods was evident.

I sighed as I looked out the window, a slight melancholy feeling stirring in my heart for a moment.

If only Father was here to see me now...

Reguna knew what I spoke of. My father had been sent away, and assumed dead after battling an evil sorcerer. He had succeeded in his mission, but... never returned from it.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:23 pm
Okami Ameras

The solemnity sunk into the cabin of the carriage. Reguna reflected on what Rakil had said. He touched his face, rubbing his jaw in thought as his violet eyes gazed out the window.

And then Reguna sucked in a lot of breath through his nose, exhaling through his mouth like a wisp of a breeze.
He noted Rakil rubbing warmth into his fingers before gazing back up into the face of his friend.

"I know that more than anyone," he mentioned softly. Unlike him, once Reguna was promoted, he wouldn't feel the exuberance and happiness that Rakil was feeling now. Only more indifference for the mundane life he would continue to live.
"You've done well Rakil. Your father is proud in the high skies, I am sure of it," he concluded.
The scenery began to change, from the chapel and the woods to the capital city. Many happy faces could be seen, many celebrating good fortune today.

And then the wall.

The palace lay ahead, glittering in the light of the sun despite the chill of the air. It was loud and light, many carriages ahead letting people out to enter into the great hall, where the feast and celebration was being held. Reguna watched as the tall spirals, from so far away, loomed above, too high for him to follow. There was a two taps on the top of the carriage from outside and then the door opened on the side.
Reguna looked at Rakil, motioning for his friend to get out first.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:49 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

((Do you want to do anything during the feast, or just time-skip to the time where Razil gets sent away? He could be sent away to deal with the evil sorceress who turns Razil into a woman.))

I nodded, a small smile on my face. I missed my father, but if he could see me now in the heavens, I hoped he was proud of me. And I hoped I would continue to make him proud. Reguna had never been close to his, and his life was so very boring. Unlike me... he didn't have much a choice on whether or not he wanted to be a prince or not.

I glanced out the window again, this time as the carriage rolled into the capital city. People were celebrating in the streets-- well, it wasn't often a squire became a knight. I glanced down at the blade resting against my hip, and smiled.

Soon there was the two taps, and the door opened. Raguna motioned for me to get out first, and I did as he wished.

I was greeted by cheers and happy faces. I smiled, though my mood had dampened by thinking of my father. My face didn't show it however, and eager hands tried to tug me towards the castle doors. I smiled but stayed near the carriage, waiting for my friend to get out.

As tempting as it was to hurry inside as my breath came out in puffs of steam, I was never one to leave a friend behind.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:58 pm
Okami Ameras

[ HAHA, what the heck are you doing up, Okami! It's late! I'll post tomorrow morning-day. But as for the feast, we can sort of do a last post about it. Sort of like, it was the last time they saw each other? With them being so busy, Rakil with his knight duties and Reguna with his father dying and the weather not being so good. And then Rakil gets sent away and doesn't come back for a year (or more?) before coming back as a woman. ALSO! I thought his name was Rakil, not Razil? Is it a typo in your profile or posts? If so, I want to edit my posts accordingly, since it bugs me, haha. ]  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff