Karannut: a one on one with Cat and Okami Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:03 pm
She will not be forced into a marriage she does not wish to be in. Especially with the lousy prince of her country. So our heroine decides to run away from her country, despite her captors, sent by the prince, intent on sending her back to the castle.
And in one chance meeting deep within the forest, her life is very much changed. But will she be saved?

[b]They call me: [/b] (character name)
[b]Age: [/b] (age of character)
[b]Username: [/b] (username)
[insert picture!]

They call me: Rakia Ameras
Username: Okami Ameras
User Image

They call me: Ren Valtemeri de Frahil
Username: Greedy Fat Cat
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:19 pm
σ ρ ε η

The day was fluttering, the winds fresh with the smell of grass and leaves.
They rolled over the plains and hills, and through trees of the forest, giving them a sense of movement and life.
I tended to like it like this best, when the sun hit high noon and shone brightly on the canopy. Rays of effervescent light split through where the leaves of the trees failed to cover, shining their way to the forest floor and brush. The light speckled over my self as I sat there, enjoying my time on a sturdy branch in a tree. I probably looked like a big cat, lounging there. However, just like a big cat, I did not belong in that forest. I really did not belong there at all.

Half asleep, I gazed at the white, crumbling cobblestone wall that had separated these parts of the woods from the rest of the area. It all seemed like a fairytale, and soon I was asleep.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:39 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

Tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip tip....

The light sound of my running footsteps was all I heard as I darted through the forest. I jumped and hopped on one foot, slipped off a wooden sandal, before hopping on the other to remove the second. I carried them as well as my parasol under my arm as I continued to run, barefoot.

It had been a good plan. A cunning one. We had even succeeded too-- I served as a distraction, while my partners cleaned out the b*****d's treasury. But oh no-- turns out he had a fondness for young, exotic women-- and you couldn't get more exotic then me, with my almond shaped emerald eyes and crimson hair, in a kimono with a parasol while dancing. He had insisted I become his bride! Even when he had no coffers to pay for a wedding, he insisted that I still marry him.

I had declined, yet he insisted more. I was eventually forced to flee-- and I knew his men was out there, in the forest, pursuing. they would catch up, eventually-- I thought as I blundled up the skirt of my kimono more to allow my legs more freedom of movement-- I just had to find something that would get them off my tail. Oh, my fellow thief sisters-- help me! I half thought, half prayed as I continued to run.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:35 pm
Okami Ameras

[ I decided to edit my first post and try using first person. ]

A trap set off to the east, probably only three yards from where I was once sleeping. I awoke to the sound, squinting my eyes from my perch to see what I had caught in my trap. What I was looking at surprised me.

I slipped out of the tree, finding myself wary yet curious. It was in my nature, if I do say so myself. I ducked under a branch and brushed passed a bush, trying to do so calmly, despite my eager to see what I had caught.

A woman. And a pretty one at that. Her things laid strewn on the floor as she hung upside down. And then brilliant red hair. My pupils widened with desire. She must've gotten caught in my hunting trap after not paying attention to where she was going.

I inclined further, looking at her with interest. I made sure to keep eye contact with her, not saying much until I established that I meant no harm by standing there. But I sure as hell didn't get her down from my trap just yet, despite the fact that she was struggling to keep herself covered with her wearing a skirt and being upside down and all.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:49 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

SNAP!

One minute I was darting through the trees whilst trying to avoid sharp branches and thorns-- the next-- I found myself yanked upward and flipped unceremoniously upside down. Now I was dangling from my ankle in the air. I flailed about as I was blinded by my long skirt, when my sharp ears caught the sound of someone approaching through the bushes.

I struggled with the cloth of my kimono, managing to push the cloth up enough to keep my modest. If I had been wearing my normal thief gear, I would have been able to flip right up and cut the rope-- but unfortunately my thief sisters had that. Now below me was just my sandals, my parasol, a long oriental pipe and a fan.

I eventually he emerged from the bushes. Sunken in blue eyes beyond shaggy white bangs and suitably shaggy white hair. He wearing a thick but warm hunting jacket, fingerless gloves, and what looked like thick hunting trousers.

He must have been hunting when I ran into the trap. Curses! I had been too busy running away to look where I had been going. Still, it is best I played the distressed damsel... i wasn't exactly stealthy in a geisha kimono.

P-please sir! I begged, while still trying to keep my modesty. Please let me down!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:17 am
Okami Ameras

I looked at her. I bent down to her eye level, gazing into those green peepers of hers. "Who are you really? Just what are you doing in this deep part of the forest?" I wouldn't let her down just yet. She was cute, dangling there helplessly. Like a deer. With a peculiar and strange hair color. Instead, she reminded me more of a fox.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:26 am
Greedy Fat Cat

I gulped as I dangled there. He bent forward to peer into my eyes, and I stared back into those blue ones. Those eyes... they held authority. I was good at defying authority... just not when it was in my face like this.

I sucked down a few deep breaths.

I am a trained dancer, sent recently to the palace of Prince Baldur. I was supposed to entertain for a night while a visiting ambassador conducted business-- but the prince took a very... unwelcome shine to me. He tried to force me to marry him! I do not like him. He... I bit my lip. He's... not my type. Please! His men are after me! I begged, terror in my eyes as I looked into the pale blue eyes of my captor.

I squirmed uncomfortably as my face started to turn red. Oh god, I was going to get one hell of a head rush when I do finally get down from here...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:48 am
Okami Ameras

I laughed. "The Prince of Baldur?" I laughed some more. "Well, who could blame ya?" I admitted, holding my side as I chuckled.

I looked to her, now amused. She seemed to be in a rush. "Well, don't leave me just yet," I said.
Would she listen?
Went to the trunk of the tree from which she hung from before turning to her. "Ah, be careful of the drop," I warned, though no sooner did I fish the small pocket knife from my back pocket and cut the rope, letting her fall the very short distance to the floor. I winced when she fell though, feeling a bit sorry I couldn't catch her. But the drop wasn't too bad, probably only a foot or two. And there was grass to pad her fall as well.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:58 am
Greedy Fat Cat

I saw him reach up toward the rope holding me in the air, and I used one hand to shield my head from the fall while the other remained up to retain my modesty. With the sound of a small blade sawwing through rope, the rope snapped once it got thin enough, and I hit the ground.

I rolled, catching myself on my hands. In a swirl of silks I rose to my feet, correcting my kimono and returning it so it sat normally on my body once more. I very much wanted to take off running, but the moment I stood everything turned a very bright shade of green in my eyes. I swayed, before collapsing against the man as everything went black.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:58 pm
Okami Ameras

To have to cross the border to escape an arranged marriage, from that fool of a prince no less, my this poor girl. I held her in my arms. Perhaps from all that running and little time to take care of herself had taken a toll on her health. I picked her parasol and her other things before picking her up. I didn't even know her name.

There didn't seem to be people chasing her, but I could tell she wasn't lying, especially by the filth of her feet. She must've been fast.
"How peculiar," I murmured quietly before taking her back to my napking tree.
I laid her down before picking up my own things, putting her belongings amongst my bag. I decided that if she was on the run, then it'd be okay to take her with me. There was a lot to carry, a heavy load with having to carry a girl with me.

I slung my pack over my shoulder and then took the cherry girl, her body limp in my arms. It was about sunset when I stopped finally, having to take several breaks in-between. I wouldn't admit to her, but she was heavy. Who knew that maidens weren't as dainty and small as I thought. I didn't build a fire, since I knew there were pursuers and just settled by the side of a large tree. I leaned her against that tree before settling next to her. I was a light sleeper, and kept my ears open for even the smallest snap of a branch.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:46 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

Eventually I stirred. The world was bleary and dark, and I found myself pressed up against another warm body. I held still as I took internal notes as to my condition. My legs were aching from my long distance run, from before and after I had thought to slip off my wooden clog-sandals. My head was thumping-- I needed food and water. I was careful to be quiet and not to disturb the man-- though it took not a moment to realize that I wasn't going anywhere. If he was a hunter, a successful one at least, he would feel me if I tried to move away from him. I closed my eyes and attempted to fall asleep again.

That was quickly proved futile as I heard the snapping of branches and the steady clop clop clop of horses hooves...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:00 am
Okami Ameras

It was the horses that awoke me. I rose a little bit, before noticing that my shoulder was heavy. The woman was still with me, it seemed. I looked around, now realizing that the sound of horses were approaching them. I shuck that girl awake, who didn't seem to have gotten much sleep, and got up from our spot on the tree.

"You hear that? Get into the tree! Climb!" His voice was quiet, but hissed out with urgency. I scrambled to gather our belongings before moving to the trunk of the tree, looking up at its branches. It was a giver, alright.

I grew up climbing trees. I was fast. It was like, I didn't need to think of where to put my hands or my feet. I just…climbed. I reached down to help the woman up the tree, helping her climb high enough to not be noticeable. The redness of her didn't help. But I got her high enough to the point that there were leaves in her hair. I gave her a thumbs up before climbing back down.

The horses were here. They weren't running, no, they couldn't run if they were doing a thorough sweep of the forest. I was just out of sight, in the shadows of the tree as I watched as two horses snorted their way, close enough to our tree to be of concern. There were two men, whose eyes prowled the bushes like a pair of owls. I didn't want to make a commotion. I could've killed them right there if I could, to be honest. But if I did, that would mean we would risk catching more attention than we would need. And that wasn't what we needed right now.

The two had passed by, but I didn't move from my perch for another fifteen to twenty minutes later. I glanced up, to make sure the woman was alright.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:15 am
Greedy Fat Cat

I blinked in feigned groggyness, as he roughly shook me awake. I made a quiet annoyed sound, but didn't argue as he ushered me up the tree. I scaled up the tree after him, taking his hand and gratefully allowing him to help me farther up into the tree. I was a better climber, normally then this, but like with the running and the dangling from traps, the kimono didn't help. All the kimono was good for was making me look pretty. And making me look even prettier when I danced. That was... about it.

Eventually I found myself carefully perched on a high branch with leaves sticking out of my bun. I balanced on the branch carefully, gripping with my sore feet. He hid my-- well, my things and his-- in the hollow of the tree, which was right below me.

He was lower in the tree too, but he was wearing clothes more suited to blending in with the forest then I was. And me being up so high was a good strategy. Who ever looked up?

I stayed still. And stayed quiet. I perched there in the tree like a cat, waiting for the danger to pass. Eventually he moved in his hiding place. He was looking up at me, probably to see if I was ok. I looked down at him and gave him a small nod in confirmation...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:04 pm
Okami Ameras

I breathed, listening for any other noise in the forest. There was none, other than the natural sounds I usually heard on these nights. I moved up higher in the tree, passed the woman to scope out the top of the tree line. Birds flew up into the sky, startled by the search parties that advanced through the forest. I lowered myself back down, to a branch near her.

"That prince is very adamant about finding you, cherry girl," I noted, giving her a nickname since I didn't know her name. I looked at her. She looked uncomfortable. And tired, and a bit sick. "I know the prince is dumb, by why send a search party after a dancer?" I watched her face, for any sign to see if she had anything else to say. Perhaps she was lying. If so, I would've liked to know it now before I got myself into anymore of a trouble.

I then began to move back down the tree, offering some aid for her to climb down with me back to the floor. I landed on the floor first, on my two feet before offering to catch her.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas