Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[A] Trading Post & Mini Shops Maintenance

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you agree or disagree about clearing up Familiar/Trade Shops?
I agree
100%
 100%  [ 33 ]
I disagree
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I agree but... (post in thread)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I disagree because... (post in thread)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 33

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:28 pm
Hello, this is a suggestion. You can take it, leave it, ignore it, like it, hate it, or do whatever with it <3

I noticed there were a few threads in the Trading Post & Mini-Shops area that haven't been posted in since 2010.
I was just suggesting possibly cleaning up shops that aren't utilized so there is less clutter or confusion as to who is actually still apart of that section. (i.e. hoping certain shops will take more slots, but when in fact the colourist is MIA, closed, or busy)

This suggestion is in terms of customers and people interested in slots, knowing when slots are available by understanding who is actually still colouring familiar customs or items.

Also, I see Odet (customs/items/premades), Roniel (premades), and tani (customs/premades) are working on familiar things, but other than that I am not sure who else is still a colourist in that specific area.

Lastly, I really liked the concept of having a shop with "customed items", it was such a great idea! I hope we have more slots available in this aspect.

This isn't an attack on this specific area, so please don't be angry/upset. (:

-Tara  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:59 pm
*puts in poll. Hope i did that correctly.  

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:16 pm
I have to agree.
Normally there are spring cleaning in other shops whereas those threads not be used for an extended period of time were deemed inactive and moved to an archive. From there, anyone who was possibly affected it can ask for it to either be moved back or possibly even deleted.

On the whole custom items thing, I would love love love to see this become more of a posibility.
I see many colorists being sweethearts every once in a while for someone by adding an item(s) to preexisting Soq for a plot or what have you.

Perhaps colorists who either are taking a break from the hubbub of breedings or customs could do something like this?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:20 am
While custom items would be lovely (though time-consuming for colourists), I'd really be excited for the threads to be purged. I never know which familiarists are still here or not.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:08 am
I agree some clean up would be great.

I also think the shop would benefit from hiring some item-only colorists. Item slots seem few and far between and while some people don't care, I LOVE the shop items... I would love to see more and maybe some item-only colorists.

I think the shop has evolved to the point of having familiar shops and item shops be separate.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:17 am
I can completely understand existing Soquili colorists not having time to do the custom items, since usually they could do new soquili with that time intstead, but I think maybe a person or two dedicated to doing custom items would be really neat :3

Also, it might be discouraging for colorists to do them with the current credit system looking in the Worklog thread, since a soquili colorist making custom items gets less credits than coloring existing templated items:

Making CUSTOM items

CUSTOM UNIQUE ITEMS ON ALREADY EXISTING PETS
Edited Soquili Colorists only

5-10 moderate scars: 5c
1-3 Minor Edited accessories: 10c
1 Moderate Edited Accessory: 15c
v---- Credit/Limited free raffle etc only--v
1 heavy Edited Accessory: 25c
1 Extreme edited Accessory: 50c

versus
Coloring Existing TP Items

TRADING POST ITEMS

Soquili Colorists

1-3 Simple items: 10c
---Most earrings,bracelets, flowers, feathers, ribbons/bows and necklaces
1 Moderate Item: 20c
---Simply colored Blankets that match existing patterns, scarves,armbands, flower/shell cluster necklaces that aren't flat colored but individual flowers/shells colored, colorfilled capes/tabards etc
1 Heavy Item: 40c
---blankets with unique designs, Capes, Tabards, etc (items with lots of options and cover a lot of space

+10c Complex colors

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:45 am
I understand the clean up, but there are two issues in this thread xD

The second issue of the custom items is that it isn't part of our rotation. It's something staff does when we have the time. And it's honestly hard to find the time.

Uhm... I never thought of how many credits that it would give. I know before it gave none, so what we have now is an improvement.

So it basically comes down to what so you want to see more of: breeding, customs, freebies, flaffles, or custom items?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:54 am
Maybe I'll just ask for permission to move some of the super old threads to archives right now. It is a bit of a graveyard in there presently...

Edit: Ok! Operation cleanup is a go! I'll work on that over the next few days and try to figure out who is still on staff in that quarter. *head scratch*

Edit edit: I've cleared away any non-staff shops that haven't been posted in for over a year and have cleared away any trading post threads made by retired staff members. The ones left are for people who are still officially on staff, even if we haven't heard from them in a while... which is kinda another issue. XD  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:11 am
Slightly off topic, but to answer ATH:

I'd much prefer to get breedings/customs back onto rotation because it's been ages since there were normal breeding slots :/ Only wishing stars/mixers of late. Custom items should only be considered after that gets back on schedule in my opinion.

And thanks Roniel ^.^

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:23 pm
Roniel Targaryen
Maybe I'll just ask for permission to move some of the super old threads to archives right now. It is a bit of a graveyard in there presently...

Edit: Ok! Operation cleanup is a go! I'll work on that over the next few days and try to figure out who is still on staff in that quarter. *head scratch*

Edit edit: I've cleared away any non-staff shops that haven't been posted in for over a year and have cleared away any trading post threads made by retired staff members. The ones left are for people who are still officially on staff, even if we haven't heard from them in a while... which is kinda another issue. XD

Thanks Roniel!  

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:32 pm
Roniel Targaryen

YAY

This is what I've been really wanting for awhile.

Like I said, custom items for not a priority at present, just this clean-up yay!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:27 pm
Yeah, custom items are sort of as a "If a colorist wants to do them and has the time to do so." With most of us trying to get breedings/customs back into regularity, its not really a focus

HOWEVER I will mention that an Item only colorist is actually something we're planning on trying to hire soonish.  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:15 am
Okay, well thanks for answering and I'm happy that item only colourists are in the works! That is awesome news!

I will fix the title now  
Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff