Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Ideas & Suggestions
Another person who needs cosplay suggestions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

piiza prince

Heart Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:05 am
Eheheh, I'm a 5'7.5 female with smaller breasts, and short, curly brown hair. Due to my weird-a** hair, I am considering wigs of course, but if you can think of someone who wouldn't need one, I'd be even more grateful. 3nodding
Also, a picture of me is in my signature.

Things I like:
Hetalia
Sailor Moon
Dangan Ronpa
Free! (I already own a cosplay shirt for Nagisa from the ending, but the whole outfit would be so expensive gahhh...)
PMMM
magical girls in general
Diabolik Lovers (Hey, don't judge.)
Oreimo
Sakura Kiss (This one would be better with a partner, but eh, that could be arranged...)
Vocaloid (Again, don't judge.)
Disney/Pixar
FLCL
Black Butler

I think that's it. Let me know what pops in your head, thanks! emotion_yatta heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:49 pm
Who are some of your favorite characters?  

xinitia

Crew

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:37 pm
piiza prince
Eheheh, I'm a 5'7.5 female with smaller breasts, and short, curly brown hair. Due to my weird-a** hair, I am considering wigs of course, but if you can think of someone who wouldn't need one, I'd be even more grateful. 3nodding
Also, a picture of me is in my signature.

Things I like:
Hetalia
Sailor Moon
Dangan Ronpa
Free! (I already own a cosplay shirt for Nagisa from the ending, but the whole outfit would be so expensive gahhh...)
PMMM
magical girls in general
Diabolik Lovers (Hey, don't judge.)
Oreimo
Sakura Kiss (This one would be better with a partner, but eh, that could be arranged...)
Vocaloid (Again, don't judge.)
Disney/Pixar
FLCL
Black Butler

I think that's it. Let me know what pops in your head, thanks! emotion_yatta heart

Piiza prince, I agree with xinitia, a list of characters would help out. Based on the info you gave us here are a few characters to consider that I have come up with:

1. Zarina Fairy from the Disney Tinkerbell movie Pirate Fairy. She has medium length brown or brownish red hair.
2. Anna from the Disney Movie Frozen wearing the Ballroom Dress. She would be one of the best Disney character choices for you. All you would need to do is to have your brown hair styled like hers. If you haven't seen Frozen it's an absolute must for Disney fans.
3. Belle from the Disney movie Beauty and the Beast. She is tall with medium length brown hair. The bust size would need to be increased a little bit.
4. As for the Sailor Moon series Sailor Jupiter would be a good choice. She is tall but you would need to increase the bust size and Jupiter has a long brown ponytail.
5. Yuna from Final Fantasy X & X-2 would work out nice. She has shorter brown hair and most of the Yuna cosplayers style their own hair.
6. Maka from the series Soul Eater. She has medium length brown hair and her outfit is fairly easy to create. Maka is one of the most cosplayed characters right now and Soul Eater is very popular.
7. Asuna Yuki from the Sword Art Online series. I have seen her alone at cons but she is often paired up with a Kazuto Kirigaya cosplayer. Asuna is tall and has medium length brown hair.
8. Many Anime series have Japanese school girls in them. You could make use of your short brown hair and dress up as one of them. Check out different Anime and Manga series to find a school girl outfit that you like.

Based on your body type and hair the choices that I think that you should consider first are Anna (Ballroom Dress), Belle (Regular outfit), and Yuna (from Final Fantasy). If you Love the Sailor Moon series as much as I do be bold and try cosplaying Sailor Jupiter (She is the tallest of the inner scouts). Btw I have taken photos of all of the above characters. I hope that this list helps you out. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:19 am
xinitia

Ah, sorry, should've listed those. It's my first time asking for advice on this, sorry. sweatdrop

As for my favorite characters, they are:
America (I've been told my hair is similar to his fem! self, but the breast size, and the fact that her outfit would be hard to work around while increasing it, adds to the challenge...)
Canada
Venus
Chibi Moon
Fukisaki Chihiro
Kiyotaka Ishimaru
Oowada Mondo
Hazuki Nagisa
Kaname Madoka
Kyubey
Sakamaki Kanato
Sakamaki Laito
Kousaka Kirino
Takayama Haruka
GUMI
Kagamine Rin
Aurora
Peter Pan
Hans
Haruhara Haruko
Alois Trancy
Finnian
Doll

piiza prince

Heart Consumer

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:36 am
piiza prince
xinitia

Ah, sorry, should've listed those. It's my first time asking for advice on this, sorry. sweatdrop

America (I've been told my hair is similar to his fem! self, but the breast size, and the fact that her outfit would be hard to work around while increasing it, adds to the challenge...)
Canada
Venus
Chibi Moon
Fukisaki Chihiro
Kiyotaka Ishimaru
Oowada Mondo
Hazuki Nagisa
Kaname Madoka
Kyubey
Sakamaki Kanato
Sakamaki Laito
Kousaka Kirino
Takayama Haruka
GUMI
Kagamine Rin
Aurora
Peter Pan
Hans
Haruhara Haruko
Alois Trancy
Finnian
Doll

Frankly I'd take a look at your list, and decide which of these are your favorites and take it from there. You should base your cosplays solely on your body type. After all, we are dressing up as fictional characters. The point is to have fun. I wouldn't worry too much on increasing breast size, or whether or not you're too tall or too short for a character.

When choosing a cosplay, I look more at who my favorite characters are, and then at their personality types. Lastly I look at costume construction, and modify it as needed.

Do you feel like being optimistic, outgoing America or withdrawn Canada? Cute and sweet Madoka or cute and somewhat sadistic Kyubey?

I know that's not a distinct answer, but I hope it helps.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:10 am
piiza prince
xinitia

Canada
Venus
Chibi Moon
Fukisaki Chihiro
Kiyotaka Ishimaru
Oowada Mondo
Hazuki Nagisa
Kaname Madoka
Kyubey
Sakamaki Kanato
Sakamaki Laito
Kousaka Kirino
Takayama Haruka
GUMI
Kagamine Rin
Aurora
Peter Pan
Hans
Haruhara Haruko
Alois Trancy
Finnian
Doll

I'm happy that you asked for advice on Cosplay outfits. Sometimes it can be a challenge to figure out what to ask to get help on. Keep in mind that many of the Guild members here range from newbies to very experienced. I have only created 3 outfits myself. I agree with xinitia, the most important thing about cosplaying is to have fun doing it and cosplaying your favorite characters. One of my favorite cosplays is Syaoran from Tsubasa Chronicles. I like the character so much that I dressed up my avatar to look just like him. smile

No need to worry about the details. Some cosplayers pick characters that are similar to themselves in body type, etc. While others go to great lengths to look like the character. I gave you some helpful hints which I hope were useful. Also a lot depends on your funds. I had to save up for a year and buy one piece at a time to create my Syaoran outfit. You are in the right place to get help on an outfit. If you pick a specific character and ask some questions about making the outfit their is a good chance that someone can help you, especially if they made the outfit themselves. Getting help from people you know can help out too. I'm eternally grateful for my sisters help. She made my Syaoran outfits cape.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

piiza prince

Heart Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:04 am
smithers456

Thank you for all the advice, yes, it was helpful! I think Sailor Jupiter was a good idea, and I will also be making another post once I decide which character!
Yep, due to funds I'll have to save up, but I'll make it! I shouldn't pick anyone too expensive though... ^ . ^;;  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:06 am
xinitia

Ah, that's true. I'll be modifying that list then, and deciding from there. Thank you for the help! heart  

piiza prince

Heart Consumer

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:12 am
piiza prince
smithers456

Thank you for all the advice, yes, it was helpful! I think Sailor Jupiter was a good idea, and I will also be making another post once I decide which character!
Yep, due to funds I'll have to save up, but I'll make it! I shouldn't pick anyone too expensive though... ^ . ^;;

When I made my first Anime Cosplay outfit, Syaoran, money was certainly an issue. Saving up and buying each piece of the outfit was worth it. I was so happy when I wore it for the first time. smile Oh, one of my dream cosplays is Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon. I would Love to make that outfit and finally pose with the sailor scouts.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:06 am
smithers456

Ah, alright, I will! o 3 o
Ahah, fun! Sounds like a great group/couple cosplay~  

piiza prince

Heart Consumer

Cosplay Ideas & Suggestions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items