20%  [ 5 ]
No, because...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:27 pm
Okay so I may be wrong in this, and please correct me if I am!

Generally, I've noticed that in unedited breedings, the hair templates are taken from the parents. They'll get one or the other, or some colorists will splice the two templates together, which is neat because it gives some variety. In other cases, I have seen throwbacks used to allow a different hair template.

My suggestion is that in unedited breedings, hair templates be chosen at random, be it rolled or CC or what have you.
In real life, children's hair styles aren't defined by what their parents' hair looks like. It sort of is, in the sense of color and texture, but my parents both have curly hair and mine is pin straight. So with throwbacks or not, I feel that there should be different hair options.

So why not allow a bit more creativity for the colorists, and some more surprise for the owners? I, personally, have more unedited couples than edited, and because most of them are of one family, I'm seriously lacking in the different hair types that the templates provide. This could be a great opportunity to get some more diversity into a family of unedited Soquili.

Thanks for looking! <3  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:30 pm
I'm all for this smile Though it would be kind of nice if we could choose to follow the parents or be random. For example, I loathe some of the older unedited templates. But 99% of the time I would like a change - or that element of surprise.  

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:51 pm
I like this too~
Just give the unedited form an option for the hair to be random or not. Like Kamiki said, it'll give customers the choice and if it's a yes colorist get to have do what they feel would be best.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:32 pm
I don't know how much colorists use it, but I always assumed that this was part of the throwbacks thing. If you say OK to throwbacks, it also lets colorists play with alt templates for the breed (or hair) - which is why you can say OK to throwbacks even for G1's.

It also can bring different breed throwbacks into the mix rarely, too, granted.  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:05 pm
What Sabin said :3 It is very much possible and as long as you say okay to throwbacks, colorists are free to use them -- at their discretion.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:36 am
Just curious, though, isn't there a tiny chance of throwbacks being rolled for a breeding? Or if you say "yes" to throwbacks are all unedited options "unlocked" for your breeding?  

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

slimycrow

Original Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:56 am
There is a 10% chance of throwbacks in BREED for breedings, this comes from rolling.

Color choices and such are up to colorist discretion, so hairstyle would be as well.

I personally also like this idea, I have been wary of breeding before because I was not fond of an uneditted hairstyle. If random hairstyles were allowed (as they are for bald ponies) I would enjoy uneditted breedings much more.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:49 am
I would definitely like this! I'm a sucker for pretty hair. I feel like it's completely plausible too, cause like Pumpkin said, your parents' hairstyle doesn't really reflect your own hairstyle. It's still unedited and gives colourists more freedom. x3

I actually did not know you could use the throwback option for G1 breedings. xD;

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

RockerWolfie1616
Crew

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:14 am
I wouldn't mind this in theory...but, there are some hairstyles I simply cannot stand and wouldn't want my ponies to end up with > A<
So an option would be nice..so far I haven't ever been disappointed with the hair my unedited babies have gotten. Though I'm more careful about not breeding soq with the 'hairstyles' I dislike xD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:32 am
I'd be okay with this but would prefer the 'option' of it instead of forcing it on everyone. I'd especially love it for the unedited breedings, though there a few templates that would need some serious updating before I'd want them.  

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:12 pm
Well I guess we'd be looking for the unedited hair to be it's own category for people to say yay or nay too. Throwbacks I feel, is loaded because throwback also includes alt breed body traits. Not just hair.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:55 pm
LunaRei_SilverBlood
Well I guess we'd be looking for the unedited hair to be it's own category for people to say yay or nay too. Throwbacks I feel, is loaded because throwback also includes alt breed body traits. Not just hair.

I agree. I almost always select Yes for throwbacks even for Gen1 just to give the colorists some freedom but for some... for example: say I don't like the other wind wing templates so I select no for throwbacks, but I'd still like the option to have different unedited hair styles.

In my experience, colorists rarely go outside the hair templates of the parents, which is usually fine with me because I'm breeding the parents for a reason but once you've bred 3-4-5 generations of unediteds with the same hair it can be nice to bring some different templates in.  

Laroawan

Dangerous Hunter

Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces