Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Bell Towers Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:21 am
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey
Hufflepuff PrefectSeventh YearSeventeen Years OldSingle

Pulling Lauretta closer to her, Hannah tried to offer her the comfort that a big sister would. "We can worry about your classes a little bit later," she said in a quiet voice. "I'll help you with explaining things with the teachers, so you won't get in trouble with them." Hannah didn't dwell on the unpleasant thought of having to deal with Professor Hill, as he taught all the Herbology classes these days, but such was the way of things of late.

As the younger girl mentioned her older sister, Hannah easily imagined Linny doing the same for her and Fianna if something had happened to Momma and Da. She advised, "Best thing you can do to help your sister is to take care of matters here, so she doesn't have to worry about you so much; last thing she needs is an owl from the Headmaster asking her about what's going on with you, and we'll make sure that doesn't need to happen."

When Lauretta mentioned her schoolwork, Hannah said soothingly, "We can worry about all that a bit later too; it can wait, and I can help you get caught up."

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:
JasmineKiwiFire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:24 am

Graydon Ironshield

Put Name here

Put Name here

Put Name here

User Image
Difference in me?

"I feel like I'm a burden on my older sister because not even 23 yet and she has to basically raise a kid my age when most people her age would be out having a good time." Lauretta said to the older girl. "I like classes but since this happened I haven't really been in the mood to go, so I'm behind in my work." Lauretta said as she heard the older girl offering her help. "Thank you, I'd be honored if you can help me explain to the professor's what I have been going through." Lauretta smiled a little. She was glad to see some of the older students of Hufflepuff actually are willing to help the younger students. "Thank you for offering to help me catch up on the work that I will be missing out on to." Lauretta smiled a little more.

OOC: I do apologise this has taken so long. I would of poster sooner but tonsillitis got me quite bad. I've bee on bed rest since Monday.  

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:31 am
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey
Hufflepuff PrefectSeventh YearSeventeen Years OldSingle

Hannah said confidingly, "My cousin pretty much carried me through my first two years at Hogwarts, and she coached me through OWLs, even though she had her NEWTs to prepare for. I probably would have flunked out without her. It's not the same as your situation, obviously, but this is what family does, they take care of each other; so I'm pretty sure your sister won't look upon taking care of you as a burden."

The Seventh Year added, with more of a serious tone, "I'll do what I can to help you, but I can't make many promises; I have NEWTs this year myself, however, I'm willing to try. I'm on good terms with most of the teachers, but I can almost guarantee you Professor Hill won't let you back in his greenhouses the rest of the term, which means you'll be entering Third Year Herbology at a real disadvantage, and you should know, as well as the rest of us do, how much he hates having students whom don't know their business around his plants, and he's a stickler when comes to his rules. You and your sister may have to arrange for a Herbology tutor over the summer. Professor Powell is a lot nicer, and he'll probably be a lot more understanding than Professor Hill, but he will probably give you a bunch of makeup work, and as long as its completed, he will likely give you a passing grade. The others, we'll just have to see what they're willing to do to help you." Hannah then said with a warmer tone, and a note of her usual optimism, "All we need do is work up a plan, follow it, and you should be out of this mess before finals."

OOC: Probable teacher actions based on conversation with Dia.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:
JasmineKiwiFire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Caleb Devereux
First Year Slytherin
Middle Child

Over the year Caleb had been annoyed about not being able to join the dueling club and made up for it by trying out for the Quidditch team as Beater. As great as practices were, he wished he had of played in actual games. Arms folded he looked out at the scenery beyond the bell tower. Sighing Caleb knew that this year could have been worse. Even if he hadn’t made any friends. It didn’t bother him. He didn’t care if he had friends or not, he was pretty sure they were all half blood or less anyways. The only exception he had was his housemates. Everyone knew Blodwen and Richardson were pureblood families and Travers he told him himself he was. Then there was the Sherwood Meadows, Chrysanthemum’s younger bother. Obviously, he was pure. The rest were definitely up for debate, Whitethorne or not.

Regardless, Caleb didn’t worry himself over any of them. He had his own worries and it wasn’t whether his classmates were on his level or not. It was coming to the end of the year and soon Caleb would be on the train home. He had his parents and annoying younger brother to worry about. He was sure he would have a summer of restriction due to avoiding numerous lessons. There were several classes that he cared little to none about. As such he skipped out on quite a few. He probably should have known that if Julius hadn’t of said anything his head of house would. He could enjoy the day though until then.

Status : Enjoying my freedom while it lasts
                                                  With : Alone

Attire : Slytherin Uniform

OOC : - - -

You 'old family' children always say the same thing
                                                  And put it rather rudely as well
                                                  Didn't your parents teach you any manners?
                                                  Perhaps you'll learn some in
                                                  Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:33 pm
User ImageUser Image
Priscilla Richardson - Connelly
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventeen Years Old - Pureblood
Twin & Step Sister

Location : Bell Tower (2048 / 2049)

Priscilla had ditched Charlotte in favour of hanging with none other then Chanda. Stella had called her out for her feelings towards the Gryffindor meta months ago. It was about damn time she got with the program and told him how she felt. Preferable before they both graduated and went their own separate ways. Priscilla was sure their paths would never cross once school was over. Her mother would never allow it after all. However, Cilla wasn’t about to rollover and watch things pass her by. Her mother never truly cared about her daughters’ interests anyways. So, without feeling the least bit guilty, Priscilla headed off for the biggest confession of her life.

It was hard to admit that Chanda was someone she cared about. He was about the only person who could give her an opinion that she’d actually consider. Not to mention they would hang out all the time. They even attended the Valentine’s dance together. If none of that meant anything, she didn’t know what the hell did.

Leaving the Gryffindor a note to come meet her up in the bell tower, Priscilla was trying her best not to pace. After a few moments of fighting herself on it, she proceeded to lean against the railing. Looking out at the world she felt extremely nervous. Why was she so nervous? Usually she could say anything… do anything… and simply not care about the repercussions. Times had certainly changed since she was a kid. To think it hadn’t been all that long ago.

Company : Chanda

OOC : - - -

Yukina101

You'd do well to mind your manners, girl
                                                  Impatience will get you nowhere
                                                  But, you are quite right,
                                                  I think you'll learn your lesson well in
                                                  Slytherin!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:53 pm
And, oh, I'm losing sight, I'm losing touch
All these little things seem to matter so much
That they confuse me
That I might lose me
Take a moment, remind yourself to
Take a moment and find yourself

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

𝔾𝕣𝕪𝕗𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕠𝕣 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕙 𝕐𝕖𝕒𝕣 ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕗𝕖𝕔𝕥 ☀ ℙ𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕕 ☀ 𝕄𝕖𝕥𝕒𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕘𝕦𝕤

❃❂❁Chanda was more than a bit curious at Priscilla's odd request to meet in the bell towers. Generally when they met to either hang out or study together (mostly just studying now with NEWT's literally hanging around the corner like a bad cold) they did so in the library, one of the common rooms, or if the weather permitted outside. To be honest, they'd noticed their friend was behaving somewhat odd around them as of late, especially since the dance, and wondered if they had maybe accidentally offended her. Becoming friends with the only slightly caustic Slytherin had been a surprise to both parties, it had really just sort of happened. They both took similar classes, were part of theater club, and soon they just randomly started falling in together and then, before realizing, Chanda was seeking her out for Hogsmeade visits or even just trips to the kitchens. Over the next two years, they began to see the smart, funny, and even caring person hiding deep beneath the layers and lately had been noticing slightly more. But, they hadn't wanted to go down that thinking path. After climbing up the stairs, they spotted Priscilla's now normal pink hair and went over to them. "This is a bit new. I thought we were going to tackle our potions assignment together in the library today though so, what's up?"

Take a moment and ask yourself if
This is how we fall apart
But it's not, but it's not, but it's not, but it's not, but it's not
It's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay
I've got nothing, got nothing, got nothing, got nothing to fear
I'm here, I'm here, I'm here
murruelecreuset

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:00 am

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

second year || Gryffindor || pureblood
Drama club || Music club || Quidditch reserve + announcer
Herbology and Language Clubs (fall) || Cooking Club (spring)

"If I must pay for your kiss with lonely tears
Say it's not moon love
Tell me it's true love
Say you'll be mine when the moon disappears”

Sparrow let the last note hang in the air for a moment before whirling around, curtseying to her audience of one, and speaking. She had messed up a few of the lyrics, and she sang it way too fast, but as she and Finley walked from Music Club, Sparrow belted her heart out to this new song. ”This looks like a nice place. I’ve never been up here, but the acoustics are lovely, don’t you think, Finley?”

Sparrow slid her weekend bag--usually loaded with scripts and music sheets but now including a few recipes-- on the ground and cartwheeled. With her cousin August discussing picnic plans recently, Sparrow went straight to thinking of picnics: Wouldn’t it be lovely if she could come up here with Chadwick, spread a blanket, light some candles, and have a lovely dinner, watching the sunset through the bells and singing duets with the lovely acoustics? Yes. That was romantic. Surely that would be good for Chadwick? Lately Sparrow felt like she was failing in her role as a girlfriend. She couldn’t figure out what Chadwick’s ideal girl was, but she just knew she wasn’t there. Wasn’t there yet!

But Chadwick was not here now so Sparrow masked her heart struggles with a carefree grin and flopped down with another cartwheel. ”It’s no hair salon, but would here be fine for you to practice?” She pulled the ties out of her hair and shook it out.

Sparrow was, perhaps surprisingly quite good at staying still when she needed to, and loved being the subject for hairstyle practices. Sparrow simply hummed to herself, ruffling through her notes and holding them up without moving her head as Finley got started, but after a while, she piped up. ”I still need to work on the pacing really. It has a trumpet part though! Would you be willing to play it with me?” She gasped, bouncing a little with excitement at the sudden realization. She should have thought to reach out to Finley earlier! He was a Jazz musician! Of course she should have gotten his help for jazz things. ”WE COULD DUET!” She settled back down and stopped mid-turn, settling for a little clap. ”Whoops, sorry, did I mess you up?”

setting March 2050, Bell Tower || with Finley
appearance 4'7", 105 lbs || hair color blue> pale lilac gradient || wearing Blue and white short dress + pink flats
status Potential music duets?

Please let me know if I can edit anything!

Miss GryffindorK

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Baby, I'm sorry
I'm not exactly what you had in mind
But please don't leave
If you stay I promise I will change your mind
And is it too much to ask to just be wanted
To feel the love I feel for you return
♡♥
~"I'm not her" by Julia Brennan. Nightcore Cover.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:32 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Bell Tower
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Sparrow
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Hair-doing and Talking
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? She's going to ask more questions, I bet

Finley followed Sparrow up from music club, listening as she sang along to the song in her head. It was weird, he figured, that she always heard lyrical music, while he was usually just hearing the melodies of song. When they arrived at the bell tower, Finley sighed happily. The cool air washed over him and he rather liked it. It made him feel at peace with the world. When Sparrow mentioned the nice acoustics, Finley offered a small smile. "They are really nice. It's really good for trumpet music that needs just the perfect vibrato, y'know?"

He watched the younger girl do cartwheels for a moment, wondering where she got her seemingly unbridled energy. "It'll be fine. It doesn't have to be perfect." He set down his trumpet case, then dug through his knapsack for a few hair tools. Once they were settled in, he started carefully pinning up her hair in sections, prepared to try an intricate butterfly braid.

Just as he was about to start one of the smaller braids, the girl commented on needing to work on the song a bit, then noting it had a trumpet part. He hummed noncommittally, then bit the tip of his tongue as he narrowed in on focus. Suddenly, her hair slid free from his fingers, the girl practically leaping up in excitement. She mentioned a duet, then quickly sat back down. He could feel warmth in his cheeks, a small frown settled on his lips. "Oh... no. I don't really play in front of people. Sometimes at the shop... or where I'm alone, but I can't play in front of people. Sorry." Hopefully she didn't think of him as a massive buzz-kill.... He sighed softly and busied his thoughts into working on her hair again.

addaellis

Mᴀʏʙᴇ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴘᴏᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ
Bᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴜɴʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ sᴏᴜʟ, ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ?
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰɪsᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ʀᴀᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇᴅ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟꜰ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴇɢs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛ
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ sᴇᴛᴛʟɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏꜰ ɢʀᴀʏ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ʜᴀᴛᴇ
Iꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ, Iꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ɪs ʟᴇꜰᴛ sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴍʙs ᴇxᴘʟᴏᴅᴇ, ɪꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ
Fᴏʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴀʀᴇ, I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:55 am

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

"Oh... no. I don't really play in front of people. Sometimes at the shop... or where I'm alone, but I can't play in front of people. Sorry."

Sparrow’s entire body sagged in disappointment at Finley’s response. Then a moment later she piped up again. ”What do you mean? You don’t like playing in front of people?” She remembered vaguely that Finley preferred to keep people at a distance-- or at least he didn’t want to upset anyone.--”Why don’t you want to share your music with people?”

setting March 2050, Bell Tower || with But performance!
appearance 4'7", 105 lbs || hair color blue> pale lilac gradient || wearing Blue and white short dress + pink flats
status Potential music duets?

Baby, I'm sorry
But please don't leave
♡♥

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:16 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Why this topic?

Finley felt Sparrow's disappointment as she sank into a sad stance. She asked if he simply didn't like to play in front of people, while he tried to come up with the correct words to say. Sparrow was typically bright and bubbly around people, but it seemed like every time she spoke with him it was just disappointment and sadness. Maybe he should just stop talking to people, since that seemed to be a common reply. As he was preparing to speak, Sparrow questioned again, this time about why he didn't want to share his music.

"Well that's just it... I do. I wish I was able to play for crowds of people.... but after growing up and just getting told to stop playing because it was annoying, then to just... stop being in the way...." He drifted off, sighing sadly. "I just can't do it. I can't stand in front of people and play... because what if they hate it? I can't lose music because without it.... who would I be? Music and sighs are about all my personality even has as is." As if to prove his point, another sad sigh escaped, the boy frowning as he tried to keep himself busy with Sparrow's hair.

addaellis

Mᴀʏʙᴇ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴘᴏᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ
Bᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴜɴʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ sᴏᴜʟ, ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ?
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰɪsᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ʀᴀᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇᴅ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟꜰ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴇɢs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛ
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ sᴇᴛᴛʟɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏꜰ ɢʀᴀʏ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ʜᴀᴛᴇ
Iꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ, Iꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ɪs ʟᴇꜰᴛ sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴍʙs ᴇxᴘʟᴏᴅᴇ, ɪꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:50 am

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

Oh! ”Then you’re not a Wren!” Sparrow piped once Finley said he did want to play for people. She beamed, sitting up straight and still again as she listened to the rest of his explanation.

Well, that sucked that he had rude critics.But overall, Sparrow was very pleased by what she heard. Good! She had been worried Finley just didn’t like people, like her brother seemed. Wren was much better now-- he no longer corrected her when she called people his friends anyways. Especially since he had reconciled with their neighbor and his former best friend Nim this winter. She was worried Finley would say he didn’t want to play because he didn’t trust humans as a species and he would have to work through a seven year feud. Or something. But Finley seemed to have the motivation to play to people! He just needed some confidence! This was fantastic! And a different story!

Honestly, Sparrow wasn’t sure how to build his confidence. She always had plenty of it, and she couldn’t think of a character she played that was fundamentally insecure. Maybe shy? Well, she was just going to do her best! ”Well, it’s just as you said,” Sparrow started, as plainly as she could. With each word though, her reply became more animated. ”Music is part of your personality. You can’t stand in front of people and play, but as it is, these critics are stifling your music--stifling your personality. Stifling...you! You can’t let that happen either, right?

“So what if some people hate your music? Them hating it doesn’t mean you have to enjoy it less.

“These critics who say to just stop playing and get out of the way-- okay, that’s their critique and advice. Are you actually going to stop playing though? Are you in anyone’s way by playing?I guess the question is, can you actually stop playing?”
She paused, but barely left a moment to respond. The answer was obvious to her: ”No, it’s part of who you are. So you can’t actually do anything about that. So this advice is not helpful. You have to ignore it.”

It would be a different case if Finley didn’t want to play. But thankfully that wasn’t the case. Sparrow adored the notion of a butterfly effect, but she couldn’t imagine losing music to a hater. Music itself! The world may as well stop spinning if she was denied music and stories.

Sparrow changed her tone and cadence suddenly, and repeated parts of Finley’s words back at him in as close an approximation of his voice as she could muster: ”I wish I could play for crowds of people. So what if they hate it? I can’t lose music because without it, who would I be? Music...” A pause as she tried to remember. Ah. Sparrow sighed. ”Music and sighs are all part of my personality.”

Sparrow had examples and ideas of characters to channel bursting to mind now, but she also distinctly felt like she had talked too much for her turn. This was not a monologue, but a dialogue. Her next lines should depend on Finley’s reactions.

status Five-six-seven-eight, build some confidence and fight the hate!

Baby, I'm sorry
But please don't leave
♡♥

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:12 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Should I be angry about this?

Finley shrugged slightly when Sparrow noted that he wasn't a Wren. Made sense, given that Wren was.... Wren. After he spoke about his upset, then she commented in a typical Sparrow fashion. She said that the "critics" were stifling not only his music but also his very personality. Her advice was to continue to play and ignore anyone in the way. "Well, that's just it, isn't it? I can't stand in front of people to play, much less allow them the ability to hear my music. I'm just so terrified that I'll never be good enough, you know?"

He twisted her hair up into the final few places for the design he'd been attempting, humming softly as he regarded his work. It wasn't terrible, though maybe needed a bit more practice. He froze in place when her tone suddenly shifted, the older boy confused by Sparrow doing.... something. It seemed like she was trying to mimic him, and he wasn't sure how to feel. "Are.... are you mocking me? I don't know if I should feel offended or not. Certainly weirded out." He paused, sighing heavily. "Here, your hair's done. Do you like it?" He offered a mirror, then held up one for the back. It was her hair, after all, and if she didn't like it, he'd pull it down and try something else.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:05 pm

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

“Never be good enough to play?” Sparrow couldn’t imagine such a thing. “Nonsense. Performing has nothing to do with being good at something. It’s just confidence!” she declared. She was trying to think of an example of that but only comedy was coming to mind and she wasn’t so ignorant as to think that was what Finley was aiming for. “Well I guess it’s always nice to be good at what you’re performing...but that just means you need to practice more!”

Before she could think of a proper response, Finley asked if she was mocking him. “Oh no! I didn’t mean to offend! I was just copying your voice but changing the words? Do you not like it when I copy you?” She paused to think about it. Did Finley not approve of her mimicking? Mimicry was the highest form of flattery, she had heard. That, and she had only meant to provide an example in his own voice. Like she was reframing his words. Sparrow embraced weirdness, but she didn't want to offend or hurt her friend. She decided if he replied he didn't like it she would make an effort to not use the Finley-character as she had.

When Finley said she was done, Sparrow leapt up with excitement, admiring the do with a squeal. “I love it! It’s adorable as always! You're fantastic! Thank you Finley!” She was about to sit back down to let him undo it and continue practicing when instead another idea came to mind: “FINLEY! What if you practice here, with an audience of one. We’ll build your stage confidence up! And then when you get more comfortable, we can bring toys and pets and work our way up to people and the music club and then a big stage like the school or a theatre!” Yes, this was a fantastic idea! “Kake has a teddy bear! Mr. Huggles? Mr. Snuggles? We can recruit him and then Kake herself! Duchess Duncan--that’s Wren’s cat--is a wonderful audience. She’s very supportive. Not Wren, not yet. And I have Hestia, she’s very polite. Maybe we can get Ella, or Tori from Music Club? Aire’s been asking for an improv jam session which might be fun! Everyone messes up in those so there’s no pressure and is a good way to build up your confidence! Reblivioakley has a great ear-- I think she might even have perfect pitch?-- so she could make sure you’re in tune. And Aria! Aria’s a musical prodigy, you know. And Nim! He’s also too shy to join Music Club, but he plays at our parties sometimes.We can get Spazz, their cat too! What about playing for the Quidditch teams to boost morale? ….”

Sparrow rambled on. She had more friends, and more ideas for “audience members”. She had meant to just start with herself and maybe a plush or pet, but was quickly getting carried away and would, if not stopped, go on to name half the school.

status One-two-three-four, get some guests and then add more!

Miss GryffindorK

Baby, I'm sorry
But please don't leave
♡♥

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I don't know if this will help

Finley sighed softly at Sparrow's remark, then added a bit more to his original thoughts. "No... I'm good at playing, you know? I know what I'm doing. It's when others are watching me. I just get so nervous I can't play anymore." He shrugged, letting her take over the conversation once more. She was good at that. Her energy was... constant. He half wondered if she even slept, or if she just recharged her own energy.

After he questioned her mocking him, the girl seemed genuinely worried. She made it seem like it was normal to just... copy peoples' voices and twist their words. "Not... particularly, no. But if it's something you like to do, I guess it can't hurt too much." He shrugged, not really sure if that was the best way to respond. Instead he distracted her with her hair, which worked. She seemed super excited. "I'm glad you like it. I thought the halo-y look would work for you."

Suddenly, the conversation derailed, the girl noting that he could practice there, with only her as an audience. It might work, she had heard him play before, at the shop. She added more, saying she could get pets and stuffed animals to help, and he wanted to roll his eyes at the silliness of the issue, but secretly he thought she had a solid idea. It wasn't until she started adding people into the list that he shook his head. "No, I... I don't know. I don't know if I can do it, Sparrow. It's.... it's all really nice that you're wanting to help, I appreciate it, but I'm scared that it won't help. I can play for one... maybe two people, sure... but large crowds are terrifying." He sighed, frowning deeply. As much as he wanted her to idea to work, he was scared that it wouldn't work and he'd be terrified forever. Maybe he should give it a shot? At worst he'd disappoint a few people by running off before he could play a note... but at best he'd make strides in getting over his own fears. Either way, he'd have to think about it.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:27 am

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

Finley was sighing again. Did he always sigh so much or was it just her? Maybe Finley would indeed get along with Wren. They both seemed to sigh at her a lot. Sparrow managed to pause long enough to listen to perhaps the most confident thing she’d heard from him: he knew he was good. That confirmed it! It was just stage fright!.Finley didn’t have some deep insecurity about himself and the role of music? It was a breakthrough! Stage fright was understandable. But they could do something about it!

Finley didn’t really like her mimicking. Maybe it was just mimicking him? Maybe she would try impersonations with him later.

She giggled when he said the halo look suited her. Aria was the angel, of course-- Sparrow played the villain and the demon to Aria’s angel. But she was pleased nonetheless.

She launched into a rant when an idea struck her. She was pondering if she could get a group together to fill the Quidditch Stands with song before the final match-- like a marching band! That was a thing schools had!--when Finley stopped her with a shake of his head and reminded her that they were here to start small. He punctuated it with another sigh and frown. Sparrow floated back to earth, entirely undeterred. “No no, you’re absolutely correct. We shall start small. Just me for now. I’ll bring Hestia next time, and maybe Spazz. That’s all for now. ” She took Finley’s hands with an excited smile. “Okay? ”

The next moment she was cartwheeling away. “We start now! Arm yourself, Mr. Finley!!” Sparrow exclaimed, gesturing to his trumpet case with a flourish. She mimicked her cousin’s calm but precise Quidditch-Announcing voice, speaking at a normal speaking volume--which was just quieter than her usual energetic tone. “Good afternoon, Hogwarts! Welcome to the integrated--antegrated--antegurat---first! performance by Ravenclaw’s very own Finley Archer. Let’s give him a warm welcome. ” She switched to her own voice to cheer and clap before settling with an expectant smile.

status Stage Confidence, Take 1, Audience members: 1!

As always, let me know if I should edit anywhere!

Miss GryffindorK

Baby, I'm sorry
But please don't leave
♡♥

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff