Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
I need your prayers urgently. Facing spiritual attack. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

User_36180205

Angelic Bunny

19,425 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Ephesians 6:10-18
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

My boyfriend told me to read and remember this verse for when I became frightened of the evil from below. Remember, we as Christians are able to do so much, as stated in the bible. I have not read passed Matthew and Mark (I'm currently reading through the Bible), but at the end of both testimonies of Matthew and Mark, it's stated how God has granted Christians with a true, strong, and devote spirit a power against Satan and his allies. In Mark 16:16-18, it is written that Jesus said:

"He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe; In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

This verse means that through Christ and God, we are able to cast out evil in HIS name, as well as heal the sick, survive from deadly poison, etc. But! We must remember to use his name. Battles over the spirits are out of mortal mans' hands when it reaches a point of possession or attack. Jesus is the mediator of the spirit battles; call upon him as you have, friend, and he will deliver you from the evil that has been plaguing you (Real eyes realize and Kaosujin Ryu had it right when they reminded us how all things are possible through Christ in their most recent posts). If you are not sure if it is evil, you only have to pray for an answer. God will let you know if what has been occurring is good and of His plan.

To go off topic a bit, I just want to warn fellow Christians about the dangers of doing an exorcism the Catholic way. In the Catholic denomination, a priest will use himself as a mediator. He himself will step into the battle as the one who is fighting off the demon(s). This is wrong. Christ and The Lord would not put one of their disciples in danger of losing their soul or damaging their spirit. In fact, Christ can cast out demons ten times faster and more effectively than a priest or other man can- basically instantly. So please, if anyone is ever faced with the task of exorcism, pray to Jesus and The Lord to cast out the demon(s).

In closing, I just want to remind you as others have already done that prayer, staying in the Spirit, and repentance along with keeping yourself healthy in both mind and body will help to protect you against those from Hell. Knowledge is also power! So read your Bible, study it, and ask others for help in understanding passages if you yourself cannot. Knowing the Gospel is very effective against many things.

Kyprius

real eyes realize

Kaosujin Ryu

Take care everyone! God bless you~  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:57 am
real eyes realize
I haven't noticed creepy noises in the house I'm currently at. sweatdrop Even if I were to hear something, I probably would assume it was the cat, lol.

I would rather be safe than sorry, even if it doesn't attract spirits, just the simple fact that I don't agree with that type of entertainment anymore, the ideas they convey, I would want it out of my house/life. There are still some things that I need to hack/slash/burn through though, but they're currently not in my house.

Ah, well I'm at least relieved that you aren't experiencing these sounds. I feel like maybe there may be some evil ? spirits that are around..perhaps there's something in my room that is attracting them. Actually..as I type this, I'm staring at a twilight DVD > <' And I know I have a few games + cases in my drawer that deal with magic.. emotion_sweatdrop

Also, I'm glad you pointed those things out from the videos that Kyprius sent despite knowing that he meant well by sharing the link. I try to take things with a grain of salt whenever I listen to others interpret the Bible- even my own Bible Study group. It's good to test everything that we hear/read 3nodding
just like the Bereans in the Bible <~ I may have spelt that wrong.  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

A Divine Secret

Distinct Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:11 pm
real eyes realize

I read everything that you said, and I understand the spirit in which you have analyzed the video teachings that I shared. However, before I respond in detail, I would like to prayerfully revisit all of the scriptures that you mentioned, because as believers we must rightly divide the word of truth.

Knowing this first, that no scripture is of any private interpretation, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by The Holy Ghost. - 2 Peter 1:20

Secondly, God is the author and finisher of our faith, and He authorized healing and wholeness through the blood of Jesus, relative to how believers use this gift, I do agree with you that all things must be done in decency and in order. I understand how Andrew's words can come across as sounding egotistical, but I have been listening to his teachings on and off for a few years now, and at first I felt pretty much the same as your response conveyed, however as I have prayerfully searched and studied the scriptures, I completely understand his concept of this doctrine, but I believe that it was premature for you to listen to this particular teaching on The Authority of The Believer before listening to other foundational teachings of his, for example: The War Is Over, Spirit, Soul & Body, You've Already Got It, and Faith Builders. The fault is mine for not including those the first time I shared the link, and for that I do apologize.

And please remember, when you listen to him or any other minister, we are all apart of The Body of Christ, operating in different gifts, many times in different levels of our faith, called to minister to the whole body until we all come to the unity of the faith, and to the full stature of the son of God. With that said, before we further discuss the scriptures that you brought up that seem to contradict the spirit of his message and the scriptures that he mentioned, I would like to revisit them prayerfully, asking The Holy Spirit to shed light on your viewpoints and his, because scripture does not contradict itself, but The Bible explains itself once we are willing to lay aside our own preconceived notions of what we think it's saying (many times we read what we believe instead of believing what we read), and allow The Holy Spirit, our teacher, who authored The Bible to open up our spiritual understanding, and show us the truth of what He's said in His word.

With all that said, let us both prayerfully petition our Father God to lead and guide us in the knowledge of His truth, to speak the truth in love one to another, and avoid useless debates, which only leads to unfruitfulness in the knowledge of Him, and wherever there is error, that He would reveal, so that the whole Body of Christ will benefit in the truth.

If you do agree with everything I've stated, and have not taken any of this as an attack on your viewpoints, please do send me a PM, so that we can further discuss this subject, because I love the fact that you're studying the scriptures with such zeal, and it shows that you're hungry for truth, and no true believer should just take what any minister says as gospel unless they're fully persuaded by the evidence of The Word of Truth. 3nodding

Prayer Requests

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff