Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO :((

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iBelieve07

Ruthless Player

6,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:57 pm
Hi. Right now i am a college student and dont know where my life is heading. The first course that i take was a medical technologist and i shifted to ab multimedia arts bec. I failed in one of my subjects thats why i shifted to ab multimedia arts. I was devastated that time. In that time i also get confuse because i dont know if i will still pursue the first course or shift to another course. But in the end i chose to shift to other course and give up the first course. In my mind it says that maybe I failed in my first course because that is not the will of God for me. Right now im still confuse if ab multimedia arts is the will of God for me. I am also in fear because i dont know where my life is heading right now. How will i know if that is what God wants me to be? There are a lot of doubts, fears and right now im also confuse. This coming sunday i will be taking an entrance exam and i am also afraid to fail again. What should i do? I know prayer really works. Please pray for me. Pray for me to pass the entrance exam and pray for my life. Pray for my future also. I failed once and i hope this time i wont..

I also want to grow spiritually but i dont know where to start. Im really lose right now..... Where should i start? Where should i go? sad

I hope u guys could help me.. I am also lazy when it comes to my studies. I dont know why. It seems like life is miserable or i feel my life is worthless right now. Its good that there is this kind of Guild. I could express myself. This is the first time that i will express what i truly feels..  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:52 am
You know, A good place to start is reading A proverb a day. As for your current situation, don't forget that God does have a plan for you, whether or not we know it or sure about it, we still need to keep our faith and Trust in Him. Praying everyday asking for guidance and for His will to be done. He knows our hearts and our plans for good.

I'm also struggling spiritually but you know I am aware that He's here and doing good things. When His timing is right, I will be able to do the job I want to do, but until then I continue to just work the simple mans job.

Isaiah 40:31- For those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall soar on wings of eagles. They shall walk and not be weary, shall run and not be faint.

Everything that happens is for a reason, and there is no task given the Lord can't handle, just ask and wait. Pray and wait but do not lose faith, don't let the devil distract you from what God has for you. To grow spiritually we have to read the bible but more over build a relationship with God. Right now I am reading the book of James, Also recommend reading the book of Romans. My prayers go out to you as I hope your answer will be revealed soon, Trust in God and everything else will go as he plans, whether in trials or in good works praise His name through every storm, for He is there.  

Ilgemini

Aged Donator

8,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:32 am
To elaborate on what Azure said and just add my two cents:

Keep this in the forefront of your mind: Jesus is the bread of life; knowing him, and knowing him well, is what satisfies the inner-being and will leave you feeling content/full—regardless of how the situation turns out (good or bad, how you thought or not). Jesus is your source of satisfaction, not your job, not your major, not your status in society, how much money you make, how smart you are, the approval of your family, friends, et cetera.

It sounds like you know what you have to do: develop your relationship with him first. Start off by confessing your sins to him in prayer. Whatever you've done that he finds displeasing, admit it, turn away from it, and set your heart to do what's right instead. And ask him to bring to mind any offensive ways he sees in you (that you're not able to recognize yet), so you can turn away from them as well. Then he will listen. Tell him your confusion about which path to take. Ask for his guidance, his intervention to guide your steps, so that your life (and career/job) can glorify him in return—and bring blessing to not just you, but others as well. Seek the righteous things he tells us to do. Everything else will fall into place.

Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

33 Seek the Kingdom of God[a] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

Footnotes:

a. 6:33 Some manuscripts do not include of God.

Prepare yourself mentally to accept his will whatever he decides, whether a) he wants you to continue on that path OR b) he wants to lead you to something else (even if it means failure in one thing before you arrive where he wants you). Feel free to thank him beforehand, before he acts, because the path he sets you on is the one that will look out for your well-being in the long-run—and not just yours, but other people you will affect simply by things ending up this way (fellow family members or even strangers).

In a nutshell:

Confess and turn away from sin. Seek to do what he considers righteous. Thank him for what he has done for you—and allowed you to live through (both good and bad, because those experiences are molding you into what he wants you to be). Ask him to guide your steps, to intervene in your circumstances, so you make the right decision.

Verses:

Proverbs 3:6 (NLT)

6 Seek his will in all you do,
       and he will show you which path to take.

Proverbs 16:9 (NLT)

9 We can make our plans,
       but the Lord determines our steps.

Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT)

6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 5:7 (NLT)

7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

Philippians 4:11-13 (NLT)

11 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. 12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 13 For I can do everything through Christ,[a] who gives me strength.

Footnotes:

a. 4:13 Greek through the one.

John 6:35 (NLT)

35 Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV)

18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

2 Chronicles 7:14 (NLT)

14 Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.

John 9:31 (NLT)

31 We know that God doesn’t listen to sinners, but he is ready to hear those who worship him and do his will.

Psalm 66:18 (NLT)

18 If I had not confessed the sin in my heart,
        the Lord would not have listened.

Psalm 139:24 (NLT)

24 Point out anything in me that offends you,
        and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

So, do confess any sin first, otherwise he will not listen. And expressing thanks is important: he doesn't allow us to go through anything without his permission/approval first. When we give thanks for both the good and uncomfortable situations, we're agreeing that whatever he decided was best and what we needed to go through in that moment (to develop us in certain areas [patience, trust, endurance, gentleness when correcting others, humility / not thinking ourselves better than others, willingness to share] or get us to recognize sin we still have in certain parts of our life).

When it comes to turning away from what he considers sin / transgression of his law, remember to analyze what you've been doing in both the Spirit and the letter (e.g. using the body for sexual immorality, whether physically or mentally, in your imagination, or in your day dreaming, looking lustfully at others whom you're not in covenant with; engaging in greed, wanting more for yourself, instead of sharing, being ungrateful for what you have, complaining; using your words idly, words that are empty that edify no one, words of hate you've spoken to another in anger or annoyance; idolatry, looking for guidance from other deities/spirits, witches, tarot cards, the stars, ungodly people, etc.... allowing something other than God to determine how you spend time, money, words). I recommend reading through Colossians 3:5-25, Ephesians 4:17-32, Galatians 5:19-25; James 4 for "spirit of the law" kinds of sins.

---

Some practical tips to defeat laziness: pray that he give you the focus to carry out your responsibilities and tasks. Write out your tasks and don't allow yourself to "play" until they're all done. Or an alternative, after writing out your tasks (whether by hand or app: I recommend "Remember The Milk" the online version), get a timer (online app, a physical one, or the one on your cell phone if you have one). Study and focus intensely for 25 minutes then rest for 3-5 minutes, repeat until you finish the task; if you can go longer without taking a break, by all means do so. But if you're ignoring the timer, this method probably won't do you any better. If neither the to-do list method nor timer method work for you, then take it a step further: what do you find yourself doing when you should be studying / doing homework? Whatever it is, "fast" from it so you can make time for studying and homework instead (especially if it's a non-essential activity like gaming, TV, entertainment in general). Fast from it for a few days, a week. Or you could do a combination of all three: eliminate certain activities for a while, get your to-do list, organize yourself, time your tasks. Set yourself limits. We need to discipline the body, not let the "wants" of the body rule over us.

1 Corinthians 9:27 (NLT)

27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

2 Timothy 1:7 (NLT)

7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

Also, go to sleep at a reasonable time and eat well; feelings of laziness can be brought on by tiredness and poor nutrition. Don't overeat: you will hibernate (lol).

If you're doing everything on your part to succeed and you're praying, don't fear failure, even if you end up failing. Just because things don't go as you originally planned, it doesn't mean you're a failed creation in God's eyes. At the end of the day, you can plan all you want, but it's up to God what you ultimately end up doing. So don't worry about it. Set your heart on simply doing what's right, pursuing what he calls righteous, staying disciplined in all areas of your life (sleep, food, time, body, mouth, how you treat others, etc), persevering on the narrow path.

Lack of motivation for me came from spiritual emptiness. I ended up withdrawing from college because of that, for several reasons really, but that's one of them (primarily because I was at college for the wrong reasons [to avoid family], not because I had any plans/intention of having a career). I wasn't a believer back then. But in retrospect, looking back, I can see God's hand moving in my life, down to the decisions I made, who I ended up interacting with, even though I was clueless about him. He is sovereign. The way things ended up is what led me / allowed me to have the time to pick up the bible in the first place. You have the bible and prayer at your disposal already. I didn't know how to utilize any of that. But you can, so don't worry and trust that the Creator of the universe is really in control, especially when you give him consent to act on your behalf.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:00 am
BESTFRIENDZONE
Hi. Right now i am a college student and dont know where my life is heading. The first course that i take was a medical technologist and i shifted to ab multimedia arts bec. I failed in one of my subjects thats why i shifted to ab multimedia arts. I was devastated that time. In that time i also get confuse because i dont know if i will still pursue the first course or shift to another course. But in the end i chose to shift to other course and give up the first course. In my mind it says that maybe I failed in my first course because that is not the will of God for me. Right now im still confuse if ab multimedia arts is the will of God for me. I am also in fear because i dont know where my life is heading right now. How will i know if that is what God wants me to be? There are a lot of doubts, fears and right now im also confuse. This coming sunday i will be taking an entrance exam and i am also afraid to fail again. What should i do? I know prayer really works. Please pray for me. Pray for me to pass the entrance exam and pray for my life. Pray for my future also. I failed once and i hope this time i wont..

I also want to grow spiritually but i dont know where to start. Im really lose right now..... Where should i start? Where should i go? sad

I hope u guys could help me.. I am also lazy when it comes to my studies. I dont know why. It seems like life is miserable or i feel my life is worthless right now. Its good that there is this kind of Guild. I could express myself. This is the first time that i will express what i truly feels..

Wow, i feel like im reading my own words. I failed to get excepted into the program for my dream major and now i feel like a hedless chicken thinking "now what?". I know exactly how you feel and i will pray for you smile  

ChibiHigh

noneaccid

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:50 am
BESTFRIENDZONE

I can't say much.
But I really wanted to help you, I haven't been in your situation. But once I was confused about my future; which one should I be? an Artist or a Journalist? I should decide it.
Once, I talked about that to a pastor; just as you think-- what she said is you just need to pray. God will decide it for you, Do not pray only once, you need to pray again and pray again. If you pass the test, this might be God's Will.

To grow spiritually, you could go to the church, pray and read the bible. God didn't ask much from us, but He gave us too much. Believe in him, God is simple; just ask Him and He will give it to you.

This may heard ridiculous but my family does this very much, they will pray for a person-- that they hope the person will study more and become smart, become the best and become someone better and better for everyone. So, if you are interested-- why don't you ask to God to make you someone who is not lazy again?

Remember, Ola et labora. Pray and working, praying isn't enough; you must work also. Work isn't enough, you must pray to God also. I hope this helps you, even maybe it doesn't. I will pray the best for you.

(And, sorry about my horrible English and grammar.)  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:22 am
iBelieve07

Hello there. First of all, pray and read the Bible. Second, curse the spirit of laziness that rests in your system. Curse it and the devil with all your might. Tell yourself: "I will be able to everything perfectly." Say it aloud and loudly. Third, remember that: "Life and Death lies in the power of the tongue." Do not curse yourself. Do not say that you are dumb. As you speak, so will it happened.

Follow this for a month willingly and believe in it. Faith is a must. After a month or two, things will definitely change. Good luck!  

Fiery Keys

Quotable Gaian

8,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Millionaire 200
Christian Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items