Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Brews and Stews Cafe ~ NPC Owned, Available Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:04 am
User ImageUser Image

User Image Location: Brews & Stews Café

Grace could sense that Avian’s family wasn’t something that he himself was a fan of. She remembered David’s family and what Leo and Mira went through. She supposed there were a lot of families like that, with their own ways and values that would drive you crazy for freedom. The Ravenclaw was grateful that she didn’t have to deal with that sort of thing in her life. Not that her life was without its drama.

Watching Avian as he answered her question (or rather half her question) Grace could tell he was evading. She’d always say she wouldn’t push him to tell her anything. Being down that road herself, she wasn’t about to do that to him. When he mentioned getting the highest level and then not make use of the subject just to piss his dad and possibly his grandfather off, Grace thought back. Didn’t Avian say he was taking ghost studies and law because of them?

“You really don’t like those two do you?” Grace asked rhetorically. That much was obvious. At that point a waitress came over with some menus. Asked them want they wanted to drink and if they needed a few minutes to figure out what they wanted to eat. Grace decided to get lemonade before looking to Avian for if they needed some time to figure out what they wanted. She had some idea of what she was craving.

User Image

With: Avian

Wearing: Blue Cardigan & Blue/Grey Dress

OOC: Sorry for the delay didn't realize you posted.

Lily the Rabbit

Jade Galaksylph

Well you certainly know what you want.
And I won't argue with such a mind as yours.
Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:36 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Aνιαη Ƶєcнαяιαн Lσνєттє ◆ x
Fifth Year RavenclawPurebloodHead of the Music Clubspace

User Image
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

What will it take to show you that it's not the life it seems?
                                              I've told you time and time again you sing the words
                                              But don't know what it means to be a joke and look--
                                              Another line without a hook, I held you close as we both shook
                                              For the last time, take a good hard look!

╔═.♬.══════════════════════════ ══ ═

Avian didn't answer immediately when Grace asked him a seemingly rhetorical question, to be frank, it was pretty much of an obvious one. Well, he wasn't as shrewd as Nike so that explained a lot, he had been a bit direct to his father recently when Avian used to try to be cunning to them. But well, he was a Ravenclaw in a historically Ravenclaw family-- there wasn't really any surprise about that, yes? Picking up the menu from the waitress he ordered a cup of tea before finally answering, "I don't dislike them. I hate them, especially my dear old dad," He should have felt bad for saying that about his dad to his anybody aside from his cousins, but he felt a rush on him whenever he had rebellious thoughts and it gave him a good feeling about it. "I don't mean to sound like some git to my dad but he's been too tight to me, all he wanted me to be is some boring Ministry Worker and he think he's always right..." He didn't exactly like his mother either, after all, Avian was pretty sure she favored his sister over him because their mum always wanted a daughter. He sighed and said, "Sorry, it's just that he gets me on my nerves because he tells me that being a singer and a musician isn't a real job, then went on to say that music is just some hobby. But, I think you don't deserve to hear that, especially in our first date..." He felt really guilty for venting out on Grace, he felt like he was being a self-centered jackass in which he thought he already grew out of.

═ ═ ══.♬.═════════════════════════╝

You said you read me like a book, but the pages all are torn and frayed
                                              I'm okay, I'm okay now, but you really need to listen to me
                                              Because I'm telling you the truth! I mean this! I'm okay [Trust me]

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                              Ɯιтн [Grace Mitchell] αт [Brews and Stews Cafe]

𝓤𝓷𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓵𝔂 𝓔𝓷𝓰𝓪𝓰𝒆𝓭𝓐𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓻𝒆𝓣𝓱𝒆𝓶𝒆 𝓢𝓸𝓷𝓰

< 𝓞𝓾𝓽.𝓞𝒇.𝓒𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓭𝓼 >
                                              OOC STUFF

murruelecreuset

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:01 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image Location: Brews & Stews Café

Grace listened to Avian slightly surprised at how direct he was being. Usually he never said that much about his family. Actually the only thing she knew about him and his family was his father was the reason he was taking wizard law and ghost studies. Of course she enjoyed law so she didn’t quite get the problem with it. Though she figured everyone was entitled to their opinion. Besides, Avian was more a musician then a lawyer.

Shaking her head Grace didn’t mind listening to Avian vent. Wasn’t that what you did for people you cared about? She was pretty sure that’s what Leo did for David, and Mira did for Timothy. “I don’t mind Avian.” She told him with the smallest of smiles. “Not everyone has the greatest relationship with their family. I mean my dad is hardly around to notice my interests. Not that I’m complaining about how hard he works. He was supporting three daughters.” She said looking over at Avian before saying. “As for your father, he’s wrong about music being just a hobby. I think it’s a perfectly acceptable profession if that’s what you’re passionate about. If anything I can tell you are. Call me biased but I think you are a great singer and an amazing guitarist.”

User Image

With: Avian

Wearing: Blue Cardigan & Blue/Grey Dress

OOC: - - -

Lily the Rabbit

Jade Galaksylph

Well you certainly know what you want.
And I won't argue with such a mind as yours.
Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:16 pm
Listen to me, please sit down and stay-
I'm gonna build a house and hide away!
Gather timber from the ground...
I'll build a castle that won't fall down.
And when I'm done the clock will stop and from,
Our heads will come bright flowers.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie needed someone to be excited with her without judging, and by gods, she was going to get that. Her and Dave were currently on the outs, and had been since her return to Hogwarts. Although they tended to always bicker towards the end of the summer, when both of them knew the marriage was about to become long-distance for the most part, but the whole 'unintentional pregnancy' thing had not helped matters. Nor had her figuring it all out during her first week of classes. Dave wasn't angry with her, per se, but he was upset, which Elsie thought was more akin to him being afraid, because they really had been planning on not trying for a few more years at the very least, and this whole thing had been so sudden.

Still, she was happy. Really, she was. Her due date was right at the end of the year, so she hopefully really wouldn't miss any work. And she's always envisioned herself someday having a children, so was it really such a big deal that they happen a few years early? For the moment, she wasn't going to let herself worry about the rest of it. Entering the small, quiet cafe, she found a table in sunny spot near the windows, and waited patiently. It was the week-end, so she was in no rush to get back to the castle. Besides, she felt like she and Tanya hadn't had a chance to catch up in forever, since her best friend had her work and a small child, and Elsie had multiple classes of much bigger children.

OOC:
Yukina101

I don't know, I can't contain my heartbeat-
I am dancing, shrouded by green trees!
I am whirling, wearing my sun feet
And humming children to sleep.
I love to watch the light you spread to the room...
See how it dances from you to me to you.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:33 pm
User ImageXXXXXXUser Image

XXXXXXXXGryffin dor Alu m niXXXXXαиιмαɢυs

You look so beautiful in this light
Your silhouette over me
The way it brings out the blue in your eyes
Is the Tenerife sea

Tanya apparated into Hogsmeade with a bit more of a wobble than she was used to cursing her sudden lack of equilibrium. It seemed that the current fetus had a proportionately bigger dislike of that method of travelling than Tris had. Unlucky for her fetus she still had at least a few weeks before it was no longer safe for her to do so, which meant being on office duty at the hospital. Also unlucky for her, that meant having to floo and by gods she detested the floo. She always either spilled some on her clothing (and that s**t took forreevverrr to come off) or ended up sneezing as she exited and go flying. But today wasn't about her! It was about seeing her bestie which she didn't get to hang out with as much as she had before since she decided to go off and enrich the minds of children. Bloody philanthropist.

She quickly spotted the place for their meeting and grinned seeing the familiar blonde in the window and quickly went in of course offering a quick awkward standing/sitting hug before taking the seat opposite of her. "Hello gorgeous! You're looking positively bright today, reminds me a late seventies early eighties coming of age movie." Tanya complimented her brightly. Elsie would totally be the geek to chic while she would be the mean girl who had a heart of gold. They'd prolly get like a sixty as far as rotten tomatoes go but they'd be a beloved classic nonetheless. "So how've you been?! How's the kiddies treating you? Oh, by the by, Echo of course says hi and Tris sends his love and ohmygoodnessbeforeIforget!" The young woman excitedly searched through her travel bag to pull out two seemingly polaroid moving pictures of her husband and son playing a video game together. "I caught them playing SPRYO, well not really playing more Echo playing Tris just watching, and I just, lookit their faces! Twin concentration, literally for Tris!" Tanya said with a hint of pride at how her son was getting better with his abilities.

The Forgotten Weasley

And should this be the last thing I see
I want you to know it's enough for me
'Cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need
I'm so in love, so in love

WearingWhere: Brews and StewsWith: ElsieThinking: I almost miss being in school. Almost.OOC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:34 pm

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie jumped up perhaps a bit too eagerly at the sight of her best friend, hugging her back before sitting back down. "And you look like my edgier counterpart. In a good way, of course," she added reassuringly. Tanya had always managed to pull of chokers, leather jackets, and badass boots in a way the blonde could only dream of. Then again, she had Dave to rock the boots and tattoos in the relationship, while she provided the... quirky Disney princess flair. "I've been good," she replied enthusiastically. "Really good, actually. They originally hired me on to teach the first three years but then the other Charms professor retired so that was a big adjustment to make, but I survived the first year, so it should be only up from here. I still like the first years best, though." Maybe because they were usually too timid to mouth off or outright refuse to do homework. Or maybe because everything still seemed to excite them, unlike their more apathetic older schoolmates.

Elsie cooed over the pictures- by now she could judge enough from context to know that Spyro was a video game. Not one she was familiar with, but then again, Dave was ridiculously picky about everything, and that included his media. Still, she had a deeper appreciation for the Legend of Zelda. and Paper Mario, she felt, than he could ever hope to possess. "They're both adorable, as always." Tris really was such a sweet, mellow little boy, she kept forgetting he was only what, three now? He sometimes seemed so much older. She didn't know if she wanted a boy or a girl first. Elsie supposed it didn't matter. Newlyn had always said she only wanted boys, after raising her and Morven. "I do have something to tell you...," she blurted out sheepishly, before trailing off, and then figuring she might as well not drag it out. Tanya wasn't very patient. "Tris is going to have a little cousin by next summer." Tanya and Echo were essentially her siblings, after all.

OOC:
Yukina101

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:01 am

Your silhouette over me
Is the Tenerife sea

Tanya gave a laugh and a dramatic hair flip at being rewarded the "edgy counterpart" role. She always enjoyed the flashier colors, the bolder looks so it definitely fit. It also didn't help that her entire family comprised of Slytherins and Slytherin-esqe Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws. Her eyes widened in surprise at hearing that Elsie had gotten a significant bump in students, but her friend looked happy so maybe it wasn't that horrid of a thing. She knew she couldn't have done it. She got frustrated helping train new recruits, she couldn't imagine actual children. Except her own, but that was because Tris was an absolute doll. Lord and Castiel please let this next one be the same. "I bet. Plus with the older ones I'm sure you could get your dangerous looking hit wizard husband to scare them straight if needed." she suggested with a wink and smirk. Then again the brooding dangerous thing might actually attract some of her students and she definitely didn't want that. Unless it convinced them to do their homework and perform better. Definitely a quagmire. Tanya beamed with pride at her friend's agreement over her adorable boys and raised an eyebrow as she randomly told her that she had something to tell her. If she was moving farther away from her she might have to resort to ugly cry begging. Or uprooting her family. But they just found that nice preschool and it was so sweet and perfect. Wait. Shesaidcousin. Did she mean cousin or did she mean actual cousin because if she did "Ohmygod. Ohmygod! You're-! You-! H-how far along?!" Tanya exclaimed trying to taper down her enthusiasm as well as trying to get a good look at Elsie's stomach. But really, when your bestie slash other sister just told you she was expecting how was she expected not to explode in excitement?! Especially with the added benefit of her own bundle of surprise. 'Ohmygods, please say two months pleasepleasepleaseplease!'

The Forgotten Weasley

WearingWhere: Brews and StewsWith: ElsieThinking: I almost miss being in school. Almost.OOC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:32 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie practically beamed. "I'm due in the beginning of June- I know it's jumping the gun to announce it so early, but only Dave and now you know." She wanted to hold off on telling Newlyn and Morven for at the very least another month- Newlyn would be cautiously supportive and Morven would be apathetic, and while that was all well and good, neither were the type to make a positive fuss over it. And she didn't... she didn't have a mum to talk about it with, either, so. Here she was. "It wasn't really... we didn't plan to have kids right now," she admitted. "But with the way it's worked out I'll get all summer with the baby before going back to work, and Dave's going to take time off in the fall, and with Newlyn and Miles and Gus so close by, I don't think it'll be a... total disaster." The blonde smiled hopefully. "You've got to be my mentor, though- you've done this all before, after all." Tanya and Echo had taken to parenting as easily as Elsie thought they seemed to take to everything else. At the very least, she admired how open-minded and easygoing they were. She didn't exactly have many examples of parenting to look to. Her father had never really done much of it, and Newlyn had been overwhelmed and over her head.

OOC:
Yukina101

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:52 am

Your silhouette over me
Is the Tenerife sea

Tanya gave and internal, and maybe an external sue her, squeal when Elsie told her the baby would be due around the beginning of June. Just a few weeks after her little bundle! At her friend's admittance and her look she could only imagine how Dave might've taken the news, and now that she thinks of it why he seemed a little twitchy at their weekly rant luncheon. She had just thought one of his coworkers blew off a toe again and put on the back burner of her mind. Well he's going to have to get his head out his arse while his wifey was away, and definitely before the baby came. Babies really because holyshit, these kids could be, like, twins! Well not really because they'd be weeks apart and all but still! They'd get to grow up together, go to preschool, primary, Hogwarts! She hoped they were as good friends as she and Elsie were; she didn't know what'd she do if their kids couldn't get along. Tanya gave a slightly hysterical giggle when her friend asked her to be her preggo mentor since she'd been through it before. Boy, she didn't know the half of it! "Oh most definitely. And it'll be extra informative since I'll be going through the same things you are. At the same time." she gave a wide grin knowing subtly wasn't her best and hoping her friend read between the lines.

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:39 pm

╔══════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Oliver Davis
                                                Slytherin - Sixth Year - Sixteen Years Old - Prefect - Captain - Chaser - Pureblood
                                                ╚══════════════════════════════════╝

The night after the sorting was probably the best night’s of Oliver’s life. While patrolling the hallways after hours, he and Arnie had a very personal conversation about their feelings and anything she wanted to get off of her chest about David. After a couple of hours, the blond snuck them into the prefect bath. His intentions were pure – Arnie didn’t want to be alone in her dorm and frankly, Oliver didn’t want to leave her. But one thing led to another and the two got together right then and there. The next day was hell, but luckily, the Slytherin tryouts weren’t for another couple of days. Now, it was the first weekend and Ollie managed to plan a real date with his crush.

As they talked and walked through Hogsmeade, Oliver kept his hand to himself, unsure if it’d be too awkward to reach out and hold Arnie’s hand. In an attempt to make it less obvious, he slowed down his pace just long enough to brush his hand against hers. If it felt right, he assumed she’d begin to intertwine her fingers with his. Walking into Brews and Stews Cafe, Ollie waited to be seated (which was fairly quick since he actually did think ahead and made reservations). He had heard that Madam Puddifoot’s was the perfect place for first dates and couples, but that wouldn’t do since his half sister worked there. There was no way he’d take Arnie there for their first date, anyway. Maybe sometime in the future, after she and Kaitlyn meet so it wouldn’t be too awkward, but definitely not today.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

I'm pleading guilty to the way you make me wanna steal your heart
                                                ♫ ♫ No matter what you do, I'm gonna steal your heart

Devlyn Maycry

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If he said help me kill the president,
                                                        I'd say he needs medicine,
                                                        Sick of screaming let us in,
                                                        The wires got the best of him.

It turned out talking to Oliver during the sorting feast had been her best idea yet. She had spent all night with him, which had ended in some rather lovely making up... that had made getting over David much easier. She at first was happy, then confused, and then she just didn't know what it all meant.
                                                        Were her and Oliver together? She didn't know. But Ollie apparently had grown a pair since their last encounter with their feelings, because he had asked her on an actual date! That was more than she had ever expected from him, she really thought she'd have to be the one to ask him out finally.
                                                        But here they were, walking along in Hogsmeade.

She was waiting very patiently for him to go ahead and try and hold her hand,
                                                        but he hadn't yet. She wanted to roll her eyes, but she was being patient,
                                                        because she knew him. He was probably worried that she was just upset over David and rebounding on him or something. Which normally that would be the case, except she'd basically been in love, or in like or whatever, with Oliver since their very first year. Of course everyone had thought she'd like Glynn for a while which was hilariously wrong. Glynn had been her best friend in First year before he went off the deep end, and she still considered him one of her inner squad, Oliver and Ivar had replaced him as best friend awhile ago. She smiled gently when his hand brushed against hers, and took the opportunity to lace their fingers together before he could run away again.

They had arrived at their destination finally, and she stayed quiet, with a bright smile on her face while Ollie got their reservation figured out and they were led to their table. Once they had been seated she glanced at Oliver with a tilt of her head.
                                                        "Sooo are we supposed to talk about what happened? Or what?" She wasn't really sure how this all worked. She had of course slept with David long before she did Oliver, but they had already been dating when that happened. She still wasn't even really sure what they were. Were they together? She didn't know. "Annd I mean obviously I like you, and you like me... but does that mean we're a thing? Or like... i dunno. I figure that's what this date is to figure out right?"

The wires getting older I can hear the way they're creaking,
                                                        Won't tell me to stop,
                                                        Thinks that I should be a little cautious.
                                                        Well, I can tell the wires pulled

Kiska166

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:45 pm

╔══════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Oliver Davis
                                                Slytherin - Sixth Year - Sixteen Years Old - Prefect - Captain - Chaser - Pureblood
                                                ╚══════════════════════════════════╝

Oliver knew Arnie would ask about their relationship, if it even was a relationship. Frankly, the blond was just as confused about the whole situation as she was. The only difference is that he would never bring it up. Not until it got to the point where he couldn’t go on without getting an answer. Arnie was very upfront and straight forward and he knew that, even if he sometimes wished she wasn’t. He supposed it was for the better, but there were times when her actions definitely put him in some awkward situations, such as when she barged into the compartment he and all of their friends were sharing on the train ride to Hogsmeade a few years ago and kissed him. At least this time, it was just the two of them – it was a date after all.

Obviously Oliver waited a little too long to answer since Arnie continued before he got a word in. He nodded, confirming that he did want to figure all of that out, preferably on this date. “I dunno,” he started, glancing down at his fingers that were resting on the table before looking back up at the Ravenclaw. “I mean I do want to date you. But... are you ready? Do you want to?” Oliver really didn’t know if she needed space first, seeing as David had just recently dumped her. In fact, that was probably why the two even slept together. Maybe it was just a rebound thing in her eyes, and maybe virgin Ollie sucked so much that Arnie wouldn’t even want to do it again. Man, that would suck if he blew it just because he’s never had sex before. Thinking back, he was sure she finished, unless she faked it. If he knew they would’ve ******** that night, he would’ve been prepared with a condom. Instead he had to pull out. Being in the prefect bath was at least the perfect post sex location to clean themselves off.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

I'm pleading guilty to the way you make me wanna steal your heart
                                                ♫ ♫ No matter what you do, I'm gonna steal your heart

Devlyn Maycry

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If he said help me kill the president,
                                                        I'd say he needs medicine,
                                                        Sick of screaming let us in,
                                                        The wires got the best of him.

Arnie had finally shut up long enough for Oliver to answer. She really needed to stop the whole word vomit thing... she was sure it wasn't that attractive. She nodded her head as he talked and smiled when he said he wanted to date her. Well that was a huge load off her shoulders at least. She had at least been a bit terrified that he wouldn't want to date her because she was tainted by David or whatever. It was a stupid fear of course, but her parents had never ever been with anyone but each other... which probably explained why her eldest sister was born when her mum was only 15. She couldn't imagine having a kid so young. She had no idea how to parent and she was already 16. Her mum had been even younger than her.

And it wasn't like her sister and brother were ill adjusted or anything. They were actually pretty great. If anything, Arnie was the one that was ill adjusted from being raised around the world instead of in a steady home. She finally smiled and rolled her eyes. "Ollie, I've wanted to date you for far too long now. I only started dating David to try and get over you. And I mean that sounds terrible, but its true. I liked David a lot, but not the way I like you. So I'm gonna call you my boyfriend from now on k?" She grinned at him and then squeezed his hand across the table. It felt good to call him that.

OOC: Figured I should finish out this scene officially for the halloween scene t start! SO End scene here I guess?

The wires getting older I can hear the way they're creaking,
                                                        Won't tell me to stop,
                                                        Thinks that I should be a little cautious.
                                                        Well, I can tell the wires pulled

Kiska166

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:05 am
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                  нєу, нєу, ι'ℓℓ ℓєт уσυ ωαℓк αℓℓ σνєя мє, мє
                                                  уσυ киσω тнαт ι'м α ℓιттℓє тєαѕє, тєαѕє
                                                  вυт ι ωαит ιт ρяєтту ρℓєαѕє, ρℓєαѕє
                                                  уσυ киσω уσυ киσω уσυ киσω ι'м ¢яαzу
                                                  ι נυѕт ωαииα вє уσυя вαву

spaceDesi had given up on not rolling her eyes by this point; she'd hardly been on this date for thirty minutes, and she was already over it. Sean was a cute enough guy, but he was also kind of dumb and self-absorbed. Desi was both of those things as well, but she was also self-aware enough to know that they weren't traits people desired in a romantic partner. Not to mention that, if you were both dumber and more self-absorbed than she was, that generally meant you weren't a very pleasant person to talk to. For all her ego and less-than-clever moments, she was still somewhat smart in certain subjects, and cared about other people. Thus far, the only subject Sean seemed to know much of anything about was Quidditch. Desi didn't care for the sport, never had, and yet could probably easily claim to be an expert on it, considering her family and whatnot. So hearing a boy prattle on about it as if he knew things, when in fact he only thought he did, was boring on two counts. And he didn't seem to care much about what she had to say on the subject, either, so that was another point against him.

spaceAt least girls pretended to care what you had to say, she thought distantly. As she had done for the first fifteen or so minutes of this date, nodding along and smiling as Sean talked about (outdated) stats and (inefficient) tactics with regards to the Quidditch World Cup. She'd never had this problem on a date with a girl; girls listened, usually, and if they weren't interested, they at least let you talk about it for a minute before bringing up their own topic of interest. Desi had also never struggled to find something she could discuss with a girl while on a date. Not that she couldn't discuss Quidditch with Sean, it was just that she'd tried doing just that, and he'd talked over her. At this point, she was on the date for the free food. Because he was definitely paying, make no mistake.

spaceShe felt something nudge her foot, and realized belatedly that it was Sean's. Blinking, she focused on him properly, frowning slightly. He looked annoyed. Probably because she'd stopped listening to him about five minutes ago. He also looked like he was waiting on her to say something. She tried to bring up any recall to what he might've said, but came up blank.
                                                  "I'm sorry, I totally spaced," she said, trying to sound self-deprecating. "What did you say?"

spaceHe rolled his eyes slightly, something she felt no small amount of annoyance over. "Never mind," he huffed. "I asked what you thought of the Romanian team. But I guess you don't really have an opinion on that." His tone implied that, even if she did, her opinion was wrong. Which irked her all the more.

spaceShe flashed him a smile, making her her fangs were showing in a not-so-subtle threat.
                                                  "Oh, I like the Romanian team alright," she chirped. "Of course, that's just because I like Romania, being the homeland of my people and whatnot." Had her brother, or really any of her friends been present, they might've chuckled or ragged on her for the bad vampire joke. As it was, she didn't even think he'd caught it, which was ridiculous. What was the point in going on a date with a half-vampire if you didn't care about them being half-vampire? Honestly. "They're doing alright, last I heard, as far as the standings go. Although, they just lost a pretty decent beater, and I don't think the replacement is quite up to snuff. None of my relatives are especially worried about it, in any case." She used the term relatives loosely; really, she was referring to anyone her family knew personally that played for one of the UK teams, which was... quite a lot of people, actually.

spaceHe didn't seem to realize that, though. "I guess they've all got their own favorite teams," he said. "Or do they gamble on the games? My da's on that, he's lost some money recently thanks to the German team's massive screw up."

spaceDesi could already see him getting ready to launch into a long-winded explanation of what the German team had done, and she didn't want to deal with that. So, she cut him off with a small snort.
                                                  "If by 'favorite teams' you mean the ones they play on, yes," she said, tone as dry as she could manage. "You do know my last name is Whitethorne, right?" It took him a second to realize the importance of that, at which point he at least had the decency to look somewhat chastised. "I've got three relatives on the English team alone, including the captain. And my Uncle Bas plays for Wales, along with my cousin Kory's dad. And my mum's best friends with the wife of the captain of the Scottish team."

spaceThe whole date was almost worth it just to see how uncomfortable he was, realizing he'd been rambling on as if she didn't know a thing about Quidditch this whole time. Making an idiot of himself. "That's, uh, that's pretty cool," he tried, suddenly very interested in his food, which he'd hardly touched since it'd been brought to them. She just snorted, taking a sip of her butterbeer. Cool wasn't the word she'd use for it. More like annoying, since she couldn't seem to escape Quidditch talk no matter where she turned. She was going to start asking people outright if they were obsessed with it before she agreed to dates. That seemed like a decent solution to her current predicament.

мιѕѕ мє, мιѕѕ мє, иσω уσυ ωαииα кιѕѕ мє
                                                  вαву, уσυ киσω ι ωαит α ℓιттℓє тαѕтє, тαѕтє
                                                  ѕσ ℓєт мє тαкє уσυ αℓℓ тнє ωαу, ωαу
                                                  уσυ киσω уσυ'ℓℓ иєνєя вє тнє ѕαмє, ѕαмє

wнere - Cafe - Table that is not nearly close enough to the door
                                                  wнen - Early Fall 2043
                                                  wιтн - Sean
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  blah blah blah

Fuzzymelonlord

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:10 am
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Miranda, Desi, Desi's friend
Mood
Chipper oblivious

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Maybe it’s not my weekend
                                                          but It’s gonna be my year
                                                          and I’m so sick of watching
                                                          While the minutes pass as I go nowhere

Ariel had been throughly enjoying his trip to Hogsmeade...despite the dark cloud that he called a sister looming behind him everywhere he went. Despite Miranda being extremely vocal about wanting to be as far away from him as possible, she seemed to stick around him a lot. He loved his sister but wished she could make friends of her own. Not that he truly minded her being around, he just wanted her to find comfort in others and he thought that maybe it would help break her find more happiness in life. Miranda did not see it that way though, and was determined to have as few friends as possible. Ariel did count Harbinger as one of her possible friends, along with that former upperclassman that he had seen his sister with the previous year. So...plus two friends, that was a start.

As the two made their way around, they eventually grew hungry and made their way to the Brews and Stews, which is where they found themselves now sitting at a table quietly eating. Well...Miranda was quietly eating while Ariel spoke rapidly about the Language club meeting she had missed. He heard his sister groan a bit, obviously wanting a bit more peace and quiet. "Ariel, can you just...be quiet for five seconds. I swear it won't kill you." her voice icy. Ariel, used to her behavior laughed a bit. "Well, I could but then you would miss me talking. Because then it would be too quiet." He watched as his sister rolled her eyes. "No, I would be happy that you've left me alone. For once." Once again Ariel just laughed a bit. This was honestly far too normal to bother the boy.

He almost began speaking again when he noticed at a nearby table one of his housemates. Desi was actually a pretty cool upperclassman and had even given him some neat information about Vampires before the incident with Harbinger. So he was pretty grateful to her. He noticed the boy sitting with Desi but figured it wouldn't hurt to go and say hi. After all, the more the merrier right? "Actually, you're going to get your wish sister dearest. I'll be right back." He heard Miranda mutter something under her breath as he stood and made his way over to Desi's table.

"Hey Desi and Desi's friend." He didn't want to be rude since he didn't know the male's name so he simply greeted him with a with only greeting he could think of. "Miranda and I were just eating over there and I figured I would come and say hi, after all it's been a while."

And this is my reaction
                                                          To everything I fear
                                                          Cause I’ve been going crazy
                                                          I don’t want to waste another minute here

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Cara MiaKitty

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items