5%  [ 4 ]
Other? (Please post opinion below)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 69

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:46 pm
I don't normally post things like this, but I decided to try something different for a change.

I don’t think this has been addressed and if it has then I am sorry for another topic about it.

I have been thinking about for a while now ever since Hania Shen’s first brood of children.
The idea of Soq having twins, whether they be identical or fraternal, or even triplets!
I have three generations of twins in my one Soquili family and it always made me wonder if it was possible or even an option.
I have seen twins made before in a breeding, but I’m sure it was at the request of one of the owners. (Though I could be wrong. Wedding stuff is really messing with my brain)

Suggestions:
  • Maybe it could be something that goes on breeding forms?
    - A simple line saying something like, “Possibility for twins? Yes or No?:” Nothing too complicated or hard to read.
  • Something for the colorist to roll for?
    - I don’t think this would be something that is too hard to do either.
  • Maybe it could be more of a surprise kind of thing?
    - By surprise I mean, it’s completely up to the colorist whether or not they feel like making twins. No rolls needed it’s just up to the colorist to decide!

I’m not trying to make more work for anyone.
So if someone can suggest a simpler way then by all means go ahead.

I know I would like to have the option for my twin Soquili to have the chance to have twins of their own in breedings instead of having to custom them in.

So suggest away!
Because I really am curious about this!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:54 pm
The fact that there are quite a few giveaways of twin soquili in events or flaffles or thread-stuff says to me that ICly, twins are certainly a possibility in Soquili. So there would be nothing against shop cannon for them to occur in breedings.

I think it could be a boon to possibly encourage or lighten the burden of doing two to three fully unique foals in breedings (granted, I know they've changed the credit system recently so it woudl net them less credits) - but if a colorist isn't wanting to take on such a massive undertaking as, for example, three heavily edited, growing soquili for a breeding, this could be a good option ((especially if it's advertised ahead of time/customers know what they're getting and OK with it)). And maybe might even help there be more breedings? IDK :3  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

NatashaRogers

Healing Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:56 pm
I'm totally for this. ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:05 pm
I agree.

I think it would take a little bit of heat off the colorists if they chose to do this occasionally.

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:05 pm
I've always kinda thought it would be cool if this could happen sometimes!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:27 pm
I have nothing against it as long as the owners consent to it ouo!  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:47 pm
I brought this up in thread once, And I think said I would be okay with twins at the bottom of my form once.

It does make sense Icly.

As I am sure you can guess I am of course giving this idea two thumbs up for approval.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:36 pm
I'd enjoy the option as well! I asked about it beforehand, and it was mentioned that staff should avoid direct twins (at least edit-wise) since it may be undesirable or perceived as laziness, and no one wanted to risk the customers' ire -- not to mention the fact that breedings are numbered and some may not want the possible combinations limited to the same design. I think adding an option on the form would be a great way to get past this and allow twins to those who want it. ^^  

Ryuukishin

Man-Hungry Fatcat

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:27 am
I'm 100% for twins. It happens IRL, it happens ICly in the shop with the givaways and customs....

Personally, I would like if the colorists did some minimal changes: hairstyle or shop accessories on unedited ponies and/or small cosmetic changes on edited ponies - instead of just a straight-up duplication of the photoshop file, but considering that's how most of the twins in the givaways are done I don't imagine that would be a problem.

KInd of on the same note - I've had the idea for a while of a whole breeding event that was focused around twins and triplets.

Basically you KNOW going into the breeding that your babies will be identical twins or triplets (depending on the standard breeding roll). And because of that, colorists would maybe feel comfortable taking on a more breedings than normal. For example, instead of taking on 3 slots (knowing they would have to make 2 or 3 unique foals for each breeding) they may take on 6 slots, knowing they would just have to do 6 unique ponies and then minimal/cosmetic changes to twins.

/random idea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:10 am
I'm for this!! Please make this happen!!  

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:10 pm
Well technically, all breedings consist of fraternal twins/triplets since they share a womb but not an egg. XD

But I'd be totally for this, so long as the option to opt out is given and there be slight differences between the children, be it hair, color, for males maybe even leg pose? Accessories, etc. I think it'd help the colorists out a lot too.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:26 pm

I have always loved the idea of identical twins in Soquili. Having them as a breeding option would be a boon, in my opinion. As has been mentioned, it would cut down on the colorist workload as well as provide a neat IC thing for the owners. I have two twin Soquili myself and I would love to be able to opt in for twins on my breeding forms.

Basically, what everyone else has already said.

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:35 pm
I think the identical twin option would be amazing especially since I'm questing a pair of identical (accessories and all) hippo Kirin twins.

Edit small things about each twin if you want, but nothing super crazy to where it's not a twin anymore.

Give people the choice to opt in or out.
It would give colorists a little less of a work load as well.

I just think it would be a good option for people.

As for the fraternal twins, TP you are right. I guess I never thought of it like that but it's a good point.
I never really thought of my Soq as twins or triplets. But it definitely is something I will think on.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:00 pm
I'd be okay with it so long as I had the option to opt out. Also I'd really prefer there be at least a minor difference or two. I might feel kind of odd having the EXACT same pony as someone else.  

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50

Nuclearity

Tipsy Girl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:34 pm
I think this would be really cool as long as the owners get an option on the form. But I think it would be nice if this was really random and had a very low probability of happening. After all, twins in real life happen very rarely. So, I'm voting for option on form, with some method of rolling the odds for the colorist, rather than choosing it as they please.

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff