Total Votes : 69

Roarie Desu

Kindly Gifter

20,615 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Snowflake Collector 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:47 pm
There are shops that allow twins in the rolls. It works and the owners more often then not, don't feel jilted. I own a couple of pairs of bred twins and enjoy the bond they share between each other. It tends to be stronger than the one between your other litter-mates.

I wouldn't see a problem with this at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:01 pm
I love the idea. I think it would be awesome to have the option to have minimal differences or even just different colour schemes.

Personally, my favourite is diff colour schemes with same/minor diff in edits.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:10 am
I think it would be nice as a low probability option. But I would want some indication that they were twins when the baskets dropped. That way you wouldn't end up giving the twin to someone who didn't rp or something.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:57 am
LydaLynn
I think it would be nice as a low probability option. But I would want some indication that they were twins when the baskets dropped. That way you wouldn't end up giving the twin to someone who didn't rp or something.

If they were twins, they'd most likely have the same markings and the baskets would basically look identical minus color differences :3 So it should be obvious XD

Note should and not always. LOL.  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

RockerWolfie1616
Crew

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:17 am
I would love this because I own a twin! She and her sister are nearly identical except for small things like the color/shade of their eyes or the accessories they have (color wise)
Also for those who don't want an 'identical' pony but maybe end up with one (say from an unedited couple) there's always shop items! To give them their own personal flair ; )
I'm fine with it being a rare option but, what if the pony is already a twin? Should they get a higher chance? Could there be an add option of Are you or your mate/partner in this breeding a twin? Are there twins in your lineage? Then link to said ponies or cross it out/say no if you don't have either of these.
In real life two people who have twins in their lineage or who are a twin themselves seem to be more likely than normal folks to have multiples of their own c:
That is just my 2 cents~

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:34 am
I like this idea a lot. I own one part of a pair of twin girls myself and would just love to see this occur in breedings as a uncommon to rare chance.  

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:48 am
ATh e a r t
LydaLynn

If they were twins, they'd most likely have the same markings and the baskets would basically look identical minus color differences :3 So it should be obvious XD

Note should and not always. LOL.

Sometimes the parents have simple markings or otherwise the baskets all pretty much look alike even without twinning. And people would constantly be analyzing for hope of twins. I just think there being a note would be helpful. Especially if there are three baskets.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:49 am
RockerWolfie1616
I would love this because I own a twin! She and her sister are nearly identical except for small thinga like the color/shade of their eyes or the accessories they have (color wise)
Also for those who don't want an 'identical' pony but maybe end up with one (say from an unedited couple) there's always shop items! To give them their own personal flair ; )
I'm fine with it being a rare option but, what if the pony is already a twin? Should they get a higher chance? Could there be an add option of Are you or your mate/partner in this breeding a twin? Are there twins in your lineage? Then link to said ponies or cross it out/say no if you don't have either of these.
In real life two people who have twins in gheir lineage or who are a twin themselves seem to be more likely than normal folks to have multiples of their own c:
Thats just my 2 cents~
Also ignore spelling errors, doing this on my phone lD

Actually~ This is true only for fraternal twins, and it's only on the mother's side, as she is the one who produces the eggs.
So for example, if your father is a fraternal twin, but your mother has no fraternal twins in her lineage, she's not as likely to drop two eggs to be potentially fertilized, and so the chance of fraternal twins is much less. But because your father has fraternal twins in his genes, if you're a fertile woman, you have the potential to have received that gene from him and drop two eggs and having fraternal twins.
For identical twins, one egg is fertilized and the fertilized egg splits into two, which means two offspring with the same DNA, whereas fraternal twins share 50% of their DNA, as do any other siblings from different eggs.

SO basically, what I'm getting at, is that identical twins have zero correlation to hereditary genes, and the presence of identical twins in one's family means jack when it comes to the potential of them popping out twins. XD If that makes sense.  

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:01 pm
I would absolutely love the option of twins to be added to breeding forms. I have several OCs that are twins throughout shops and general writing.. And am questing a few pairs here in Soq. Having the option of them to pop into breedings would be fantastic. heart

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:58 am
By making it an option in breedings (Yes/No), everyone can opt in or out and therefore everyone would stay happy. heart

Sounds like those who do want twins want the additional ability to request minor differences, so without getting too specific and trying to control too much maybe it could end up being something like an indented line beneath...

"Are you okay with a chance at twins in this breeding?" Y/N.
"---- Are you okay with TRULY identical twins?" Y/N.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I like the idea of this as a form modifier that would allow a chance for twins in breedings (another thing to roll for, or however breeding chance works behind the scenes xD).

Huroggmeten

Malomy

Merry Bunny

16,600 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:14 pm
...This is something that seems like it should be an option already, but somehow, it isn't. I'd be for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:06 am
I like the idea of including it on forms!

Do you want throwbacks? (Y/N0
Do you want twins or triplets? (Y/N)

Both with the same understanding, that it's completely up to the colorists, and is only a chance in the breeding.  

Lunadriel

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces