Reply 27. ✿ - - - Girls
Do you like being sexy ?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:21 am
Some people say being sexy is all about confidence.
I want to talk more about clothes that are considered sexy on a woman.
For example, mini short, skirt, revealing clothes (see through, lace, cleavage).

Do you like wearing those clothes ?
Do you like to receive comments that you are sexy ?

Right now, the fashion trend in my country is lace, see-through clothes and the mini-shorts that reveal your BUTT (just like a bottom of a bikini) !

I like clothes with laces but all the other trends I dislike them. Because it's way too revealing. If I wear see-through clothes, I will put a layer beneath so people won't see my bra. I will never wear those mini-shorts that reveal my butt !

I don't like wearing clothes that has a cleavage (either at the boobs or the abdomen) because guys already like to look at your boobs size I don't want to wear something that has more cleavage, I just have the feeling of being looked that way.

What do you think ?

What if you are a celebrity , and you must pose sexily for a magazine, or you have to dance sexily ?
The reason I'm asking that , it's because I am a big fan of Kpop and recently there are so many girls group with a sexy concept and I feel bad for them if they do that only because it's their job otherwise they need to switch company.

I am not confident enough and I won't dance sexily because I don't like being seen as an sexual object ...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:53 pm
XxAriaxX
Do you like wearing those clothes ?
Do you like to receive comments that you are sexy?
What do you think ?

No, and No. I do not agree with over dressing the part to show my femininity and I reject the notion that others have that it's okay to "show boat" their goods. This kind of advertisement is more than just sexy it shows the possibility of being infected and willing to pass it on (different when behind closed marriage-sealed doors)

XxAriaxX
What if you are a celebrity , and you must pose sexily for a magazine, or you have to dance sexily ?
I would not dress or act in a away that I would later regret in my professional career. I would have to work hard at finding a magazine (s) and choreographer (s) that would represent my good intentions to be influential in a way that will motivate a lifetime of good citizenship in society. That's why some celebrities are entrepreneurs or have strong networks with entrepreneurs to have backup plans to POOR PR motives.. you know, they create their own or produce their own vision of show casing their talents or talents of others excluding sexual content/conduct.

Sexy does not equal the amount of confidence one would have. Even when one tries not to be "Sexy" they still could be seen as "Sexy" to another. Clothes could influence positive or negative spins. There is no positive to sexy if it's outside a marriage. If one tries to get married by being sexy, that's a hard thing keep up with when we age. If one tries to gain popularity by being sexy, it deemed to be short lived. eek  

Nikia

Hygienic Browser

5,825 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Statustician 100

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:44 pm
Personally, I will wear tiny shorts, shirts, and such to sleep in, but I typically don't wear them out in public.. most of the time.

I do wear shorts and semi-low cut tops because, why not? I like them and I'm going to wear them if I want to. Personally, I feel that if I want to wear something, I can. I'm not going to let peoples opinions and stares alter my perception on that.

As for looking and/or being sexy, I'm not looking for anyone else' flatter or opinions so I just brush off comments or let people know that I'm not interested and go about my business.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:43 pm
I definitely believe that regardless of what I wear, wearing whatever makes you feel confident is great. If you want to wear very short shorts and see-through shirts because it's summer and you're hot and it makes you feel better to wear those clothes, then that's just great. Because if it's too warm for anything more and you feel good then that's all that's important. I mostly wear shorts (I'm not sure I know what you mean by these mini-shorts but mine are definitely short shorts since they're not finger-tip length or anything) and camisoles during the summer because it's always too hot and sunny to wear much more than that.
I also firmly believe that your clothes are not an invitation for rude and unacceptable behavior from other people (and I'm not just talking guys because women will judge people for their clothing and be absolute assholes about it in public). If I'm wearing a short skirt, that is NOT an invitation for you to put your hand on my knee. I am NEVER asking for it. If I'm wearing a short skirt it is probably because the skirt makes me feel either cute or sexy, maybe both, and it's warm enough that it was appropriate. So if a man or woman sees this as an excuse to judge me, make fun of me, harass me physically or verbally, or do anything else unacceptable I will take appropriate actions in response.
The idea that the clothing you wear is an invitation for harassment and other serious things like rape is a terrible effect of rape culture and is prevalent in a lot of places around the world. As an American, I speak mostly of the Western rape culture especially in America where there's the vicious dichotomy of "if you wear too much clothing you're overheated and uncomfortable and don't feel sexy or cute or confident, but if you wear too little you're a slut and opening yourself up to harassment all of which is your own fault for wearing provocative clothes."
If I'm wearing short shorts and a low cut top and a guy glances at my a** or breasts I'll shrug it off. If they follow me around leering at me, that's unacceptable behavior on THEIR part because I in no way asked "hey can you follow me around like a pervert so that I feel unsafe returning to my own home?" If someone on public transportation touches me inappropriately I have every right to call attention to their behavior because they have autonomy over their actions and they should know (another problem with rape culture: it doesn't teach consent) that they have no right to be touching me no matter what I'm wearing or doing.
I think it's great if certain clothing makes you feel sexy. If you are comfortable and confident and want to feel sexy and certain outfits do that for you, then more power to you. Everyone deserves to feel confident and comfortable and sexy if they want to. I know that sometimes I want to dress up and feel sexy, so I do, and I do it with pride. People dress "sexy" different ways, though. It's up to you to determine how you want to dress to be sexy. If you want to wear see-through tops and short shorts in order to feel sexy, that's your choice and it's a good choice. If you feel more comfortable and confident in maybe something longer and less revealing, but you still feel sexy, that's great too! Sexy is how YOU define it and nobody else can do that for you. If they try, get the hell out of Dodge because only you can dictate to yourself what makes you feel good.

As for celebrities, some of them do feel uncomfortable with the unnecessary sexualization of women (another side effect of rape culture) and sometimes they feel trapped in the stereotypes they portray. It's unfortunate and terrible and if the world could end it that would be fantastic. Some celebrities do feel comfortable posing and dancing and wearing things that are deemed sexy. It makes them feel good about themselves, and those are the people that should be in those positions because if they feel good they should be allowed to flaunt it. If a girl is uncomfortable but is being forced into things like poses and dances and clothes, you're right, they should be able to switch manages, producers, companies, whatever they need in order to find the right place. Another side effect of rape culture is that many women feel trapped; they feel controlled by someone (usually a man but not always) who wants them to do certain things. Society teaches women to be passive and not to fight these men about things they're uncomfortable with. When I was ten years old, I took a dance class and for our recital we were supposed to wear a tube top. When I was ten, I recognized that tube tops were not appropriate for ten year old girls, that I was uncomfortable wearing the outfit, and that I didn't want to wear it. Instead of understanding me, though, three different women tried to tell me I had NO CHOICE in the matter: the dance organizer, my mother, and my sister. Three women who were heavily indoctrinated with rape culture and patriarchy and thought that it was perfectly fine to make a ten year old feel uncomfortable because it was viewed as normal. That was not okay. Now, I might feel more comfortable in an outfit like that, but it would still be MY CHOICE as to whether or not I would wear it.

About what you said about being seen as a sexual object... Well. Again, rape culture. The unfortunate thing is that women are seen as sexual objects, and it's up to us to change that. If I wear a bikini to the beach, as I do, and someone treats me like a sexual object, perhaps by whistling, attempting to touch me, or making lewd comments (all of these are forms of harassment by the way and should be treated as such, NO "BOYS WILL BE BOYS") I have the full right to respond appropriately. If they view me as a sexual object, this is not my fault. It is not my fault because I wore a bikini, it is not my fault if my breasts are big, it is not my fault if they think I'm sexy. It. Is. Never. The. Victim's. Fault. Harassment is ALWAYS to be blamed on the harasser.
If it is completely your choice to wear less revealing clothes and not behave in ways you've seen other women that is perfectly good. You are making a choice based on your own confidence and esteem and that's what's good for you. The important thing to remember is that you have a choice. So one day, if you think you might want to try wearing that one mini skirt or maybe put on some brighter lipstick, or wear your hair a certain way because you think it might look good, do not let anyone tell you otherwise. If you're worried about being seen as a sexual object, that is not on your shoulders. If a man chooses to oversexualize a woman because he has been taught by rape culture and patriarchy that it's okay to think those things, that is not your fault. It's not your fault for wearing "provocative" clothes, and it's not your fault if he does something to you. If he harasses you, get help and attention for the situation like a police officer or even other bystanders. Because his harassment of you was his personal choice. He had complete control over his own behavior.

I'm not going to apologize for this long post because everything said here is important to know. It took me several years to come to terms with the fact that I live in a rape culture and a patriarchal society. Not everyone does, but nearly everyone does. Different rape culture and different societies, sure, but the message is still the same: women have a choice, so do men. If a woman chooses to wear revealing clothes, the men should choose to NOT assault or harass them. Being sexy is fun for me. Not for everyone, and that's okay and I understand because only a few years ago I would look at some of the clothes I wear now and be extremely judgmental. But now I have the confidence to wear the clothes I have and I do wear them. I do worry about what people will think when I go out. I worry that I'll be sitting at a bench and a man will try to touch me because my legs and shoulders are exposed. But I also know that if that happens, I have the capabilities of moving away from them, calling for help, defending myself, and standing up for my right to wear comfortable clothes in hot weather.

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:14 am
anticupid16

^^^^
                so important.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:52 am
ll-Frantic-ll
Personally, I feel that if I want to wear something, I can. I'm not going to let peoples opinions and stares alter my perception on that.

That's great ! I have difficulty on this... In fact, I hate when men look at my curves, in a obvious way, they just look so pervert. gonk .  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:56 am
anticupid16
I definitely believe that regardless of what I wear, wearing whatever makes you feel confident is great. If you want to wear very short shorts and see-through shirts because it's summer and you're hot and it makes you feel better to wear those clothes, then that's just great. Because if it's too warm for anything more and you feel good then that's all that's important. I mostly wear shorts (I'm not sure I know what you mean by these mini-shorts but mine are definitely short shorts since they're not finger-tip length or anything) and camisoles during the summer because it's always too hot and sunny to wear much more than that.
I also firmly believe that your clothes are not an invitation for rude and unacceptable behavior from other people (and I'm not just talking guys because women will judge people for their clothing and be absolute assholes about it in public). If I'm wearing a short skirt, that is NOT an invitation for you to put your hand on my knee. I am NEVER asking for it. If I'm wearing a short skirt it is probably because the skirt makes me feel either cute or sexy, maybe both, and it's warm enough that it was appropriate. So if a man or woman sees this as an excuse to judge me, make fun of me, harass me physically or verbally, or do anything else unacceptable I will take appropriate actions in response.
The idea that the clothing you wear is an invitation for harassment and other serious things like rape is a terrible effect of rape culture and is prevalent in a lot of places around the world. As an American, I speak mostly of the Western rape culture especially in America where there's the vicious dichotomy of "if you wear too much clothing you're overheated and uncomfortable and don't feel sexy or cute or confident, but if you wear too little you're a slut and opening yourself up to harassment all of which is your own fault for wearing provocative clothes."
If I'm wearing short shorts and a low cut top and a guy glances at my a** or breasts I'll shrug it off. If they follow me around leering at me, that's unacceptable behavior on THEIR part because I in no way asked "hey can you follow me around like a pervert so that I feel unsafe returning to my own home?" If someone on public transportation touches me inappropriately I have every right to call attention to their behavior because they have autonomy over their actions and they should know (another problem with rape culture: it doesn't teach consent) that they have no right to be touching me no matter what I'm wearing or doing.
I think it's great if certain clothing makes you feel sexy. If you are comfortable and confident and want to feel sexy and certain outfits do that for you, then more power to you. Everyone deserves to feel confident and comfortable and sexy if they want to. I know that sometimes I want to dress up and feel sexy, so I do, and I do it with pride. People dress "sexy" different ways, though. It's up to you to determine how you want to dress to be sexy. If you want to wear see-through tops and short shorts in order to feel sexy, that's your choice and it's a good choice. If you feel more comfortable and confident in maybe something longer and less revealing, but you still feel sexy, that's great too! Sexy is how YOU define it and nobody else can do that for you. If they try, get the hell out of Dodge because only you can dictate to yourself what makes you feel good.

As for celebrities, some of them do feel uncomfortable with the unnecessary sexualization of women (another side effect of rape culture) and sometimes they feel trapped in the stereotypes they portray. It's unfortunate and terrible and if the world could end it that would be fantastic. Some celebrities do feel comfortable posing and dancing and wearing things that are deemed sexy. It makes them feel good about themselves, and those are the people that should be in those positions because if they feel good they should be allowed to flaunt it. If a girl is uncomfortable but is being forced into things like poses and dances and clothes, you're right, they should be able to switch manages, producers, companies, whatever they need in order to find the right place. Another side effect of rape culture is that many women feel trapped; they feel controlled by someone (usually a man but not always) who wants them to do certain things. Society teaches women to be passive and not to fight these men about things they're uncomfortable with. When I was ten years old, I took a dance class and for our recital we were supposed to wear a tube top. When I was ten, I recognized that tube tops were not appropriate for ten year old girls, that I was uncomfortable wearing the outfit, and that I didn't want to wear it. Instead of understanding me, though, three different women tried to tell me I had NO CHOICE in the matter: the dance organizer, my mother, and my sister. Three women who were heavily indoctrinated with rape culture and patriarchy and thought that it was perfectly fine to make a ten year old feel uncomfortable because it was viewed as normal. That was not okay. Now, I might feel more comfortable in an outfit like that, but it would still be MY CHOICE as to whether or not I would wear it.

About what you said about being seen as a sexual object... Well. Again, rape culture. The unfortunate thing is that women are seen as sexual objects, and it's up to us to change that. If I wear a bikini to the beach, as I do, and someone treats me like a sexual object, perhaps by whistling, attempting to touch me, or making lewd comments (all of these are forms of harassment by the way and should be treated as such, NO "BOYS WILL BE BOYS") I have the full right to respond appropriately. If they view me as a sexual object, this is not my fault. It is not my fault because I wore a bikini, it is not my fault if my breasts are big, it is not my fault if they think I'm sexy. It. Is. Never. The. Victim's. Fault. Harassment is ALWAYS to be blamed on the harasser.
If it is completely your choice to wear less revealing clothes and not behave in ways you've seen other women that is perfectly good. You are making a choice based on your own confidence and esteem and that's what's good for you. The important thing to remember is that you have a choice. So one day, if you think you might want to try wearing that one mini skirt or maybe put on some brighter lipstick, or wear your hair a certain way because you think it might look good, do not let anyone tell you otherwise. If you're worried about being seen as a sexual object, that is not on your shoulders. If a man chooses to oversexualize a woman because he has been taught by rape culture and patriarchy that it's okay to think those things, that is not your fault. It's not your fault for wearing "provocative" clothes, and it's not your fault if he does something to you. If he harasses you, get help and attention for the situation like a police officer or even other bystanders. Because his harassment of you was his personal choice. He had complete control over his own behavior.

I'm not going to apologize for this long post because everything said here is important to know. It took me several years to come to terms with the fact that I live in a rape culture and a patriarchal society. Not everyone does, but nearly everyone does. Different rape culture and different societies, sure, but the message is still the same: women have a choice, so do men. If a woman chooses to wear revealing clothes, the men should choose to NOT assault or harass them. Being sexy is fun for me. Not for everyone, and that's okay and I understand because only a few years ago I would look at some of the clothes I wear now and be extremely judgmental. But now I have the confidence to wear the clothes I have and I do wear them. I do worry about what people will think when I go out. I worry that I'll be sitting at a bench and a man will try to touch me because my legs and shoulders are exposed. But I also know that if that happens, I have the capabilities of moving away from them, calling for help, defending myself, and standing up for my right to wear comfortable clothes in hot weather.
WaaaH ! Thank you for your post !
You are right in every aspect.  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:56 pm
I love wearing dresses in the hot sun.
I love wearing bathing suits too. stressed

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
27. ✿ - - - Girls