mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:36 pm
This is an unofficial survey because Mind is a nose and has had this sort of floating around in her head for a bit..

Please do not post unless you have bald soquili, and use the following form

ADDITIONALLY: Pelted Purewalkers/Pelted skinwalkers do not count as bald. If they have a peltless version and it is still bald, then they do.

If they have a head full of horns, fins, etc, rather than hair, elements (suti) Or Feathers (hippogryphs) and you're NOT HAPPY/Consider them bald, then they are.

Feathers and elements count as hair.

[u][align=center][size=22]
[color=#999fb0][b]I got a Cueball or so...[/b][/color][/size][/align][/u]

[b]Number of bald ponies I own: [/b]

[b]Pony: Ponyname[/b]
[b]Do you wish they had hair?:[/b]
[img]Certimages[/img]

[img]Certimages[/img]

[img]Certimages[/img]

[img]Certimages[/img]

[b]Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili:[/b]

[b]When do you think Bald is Beautiful?[/b]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:48 pm

I got a Cueball or so...

Number of bald ponies I own: 1

Pony: Paikea
Do you wish they had hair?: She is a nixie so I think the baldness is passable because of them being water based but if given the option I would give her hair.
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: I'm not a fan in general.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? When there is something else on the head baldness can be passable like the fins on the nixies, elemental edits on sutis, feathers, hats, masks etc.  

Laroawan

Dangerous Hunter

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:51 pm

I got a Cueball or so...

Number of bald ponies I own: 2-ish

Pony: Ponyname Proserpina
Do you wish they had hair?: Nope! She's pretty fabulous the way she is. And she has some shadows that are sorta mane-like? She's an unclear case!
User Image

Pony: Ponyname Rallie
Do you wish they had hair?: I do. I think it'd add something!
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: Generally not really fond of them. They tend to look bare or unfinished to me in most cases.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? Well, I can appreciate a kelpi with a fin replacing a mane, or cases like Proserpina when the baldness is countered by special effects or something to make it look more natural. Cerynei are more deer-like so I think baldness looks better on them, though its still not really my personal preference.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:55 pm

I got a Cueball or so...

Pony: Ponyname Mordecai
Do you wish they had hair?: Nope, I'm a big fan of him the way he is. He seems tougher somehow (like a biker xD) and it helps exaggerate his piercings / horns.
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: It really depends on the individual soq whether I like it; but just like in people it makes sense that a few soq would be bald.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? I prefer bald soq to have some kind of accent on their heads instead of just pure bald. Like horns, scales, fins, jewellery, etc. or some kind of intricate coloring to exemplify their lack of hair...rather then just seeming like it was forgotten.  

FitzRoyal

Distinct Regular

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:12 pm

I got a Cueball or so...

Pony: Nicholas
Do you wish they had hair?: I do.
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: I tend to avoid them, in all honesty. They just look very incomplete to me.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? Where there are neck fluff, horns, spines, frills, fins, antlers, etc. involved. If there are items or something going on around the area then it can seem to flow.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:16 pm

I got a Cueball or so...

Number of bald ponies I own: 3

Pony: Ponyname Hiamovi
Do you wish they had hair?: Nope, not now anyway. At first I thought he did and once I found out he was bald (several months later actually) I fell even more in love with him~
User ImageUser Image

Pony: Ponyname Ayashe
Do you wish they had hair?: Maybe a little bit? She's adorable but her headdress isn't as intricate as her father's.
User Image User Image

Pony: Ponyname Rokh'jin
Do you wish they had hair?: No, but personally I'm not sure she has hair under that tree/branch or not :V She's amaaazzinggg
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: The vast majority I've seen are all beautiful in their own way and I absolutely love seeing them! I think a lot of it helps that they tend to have horns/fins or some sort of item accent to go with it.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? Not sure...I guess mostly because a lot of the bald Soq I've seen (and own) all have something that 'covers' their baldness I guess? With the few that are just SUPER furry/fluffy and those that have horns/fins to add something to that space.  

Mameha Otome

Eloquent Explorer

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:43 pm

I got a Cueball or so...

Pony: Kacdaninymila
Do you wish they had hair?: No, It fits her.
User Image

Pony: Bheilorveilthion
Do you wish they had hair?: No, it fits him.
User Image

Pony: Nimbus Lugia
Do you wish they had hair?: No, would be rather cluttered on him.
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: I like them for the most part.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? When I got Charizard. =D  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:19 pm

I got a Cueball or so...

Pony: Neptune
Do you wish they had hair?:Sorta. I like it as is, but think it would look good with hair too. ^.^
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili:Not a fan really, but some fins and feathers are okay.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful?skinwalkers/purewalkers  

Moxxiie
Crew

Questionable Explorer

Grifferie

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:38 pm

I got a Cueball or so...

Pony: Grizzle Snowpaw
Do you wish they had hair?: Nope. I think he wears his baldness very well!
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: Usually I stay away from them, because so often they end up looking unfinished or mostly off balance. (I realize that could be because I'm so used to seeing the temps with hair.) It seems to me that it's harder for 'plain' ponies to pull off being bald. Head accessories or coat patterns tend to offset the baldness though, and I don't usually consider fins/horns/elemental stuff to be maneless. But it really does depend on the pony and it's design.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? When the Soquili's design allows for the baldness to not off-balance the pony with so much blank space. Fins for aquatics, or horns done in a way to frame the head/neck, usually do a wonderful job of this. As do markings (on the neck or face), and accessories.
I also like it when a bald pony clearly has a thicker coat, and thus maybe fur tufts breaking up that smooth back-of-neck-line in place of hair. (Sort of like on skinwalkers, for example. Extra ears and a fluffly neck solve the open space/unfinished look.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:20 am

I got a Cueball or so...

Number of bald ponies I own: 2

Pony: Amitola
Do you wish they had hair?: No, I think it fits her. But she gets a little self-conscious when her friends point out that she's weirdly missing a mane. XD
User Image

Pony: Odhrán
Do you wish they had hair?: Sort of... I don't really like the Nixie-Seathi fin template.
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: I adore bald Cerynei, but I think they're the ones that look the most natural with the baldness because they look like deer. Aside from bald Cerynei, I tend to avoid complete baldness - especially those without tails. The tailless ones bother me because they seem incomplete.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? On Cerynei <3 I think any kind of mane fill-in, rather than just blank skin and fur, also usually works great. But there are some soquili whose characters and general look fit them with baldness just fine.  

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:24 am

I got a Cueball or so...

Pony: Tomtabrus Taccardi
Do you wish they had hair?: Not really. If I wasn't so attatched to the backstory of how he lost his hair, than possibly. But I also think that he has such great markings, that the hair might have covered it up =). Which would have been a little bit of a shame.
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: I think their are some times that it truely fits the soq<3. One of my fave bald ponies is Lestrgne's cery and I think it fits her beautifully. It also gives a chance to see markings that have had a lot of effort into. Though, there are some bald ponies that might look better with hair. It really depends on the soq.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? When the soq has so much 'attitude' or 'character' that hair would just fuddle it up and make it too much. Or when it has enough intricate markings that it makes up for the fact it doesn't have intricate hair. Or when it has some other sort of custom culeness going on. I. E. Ronie's Prosperina x3.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:58 am

I got a Cueball or so...

Pony: Verath
Do you wish they had hair?: Nope! I do wish he had scale ridges or a few more dragon features, but hair wouldn't look right on him. He's badass as it is, anyway 8D
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: It depends entirely on the design of the Soq, but the few that I've seen were very well done. I love Verath's colors, and he doesn't lack anything without hair.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? Intricate designs and starkly contrasting colors sometimes make hair unnecessary, especially if they have some sort of accessory to offset it. Sometimes extra features- horns, scales- make it unnecessary as well, particularly if they have some sort of other animal feature in its place. It looks less jarring on Cerynei, since they are meant to be delicate and lithe, but many other Soq look beautiful without hair, too <3  

Kyaishi
Crew

Eloquent Lunatic

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:38 am

I got a Cueball or so...

Pony: Triumph
Do you wish they had hair?: Kinda, I mean his mate has hair XD
User Image

Pony: Skald
Do you wish they had hair?: Yes, I think she could carry off a wild tangle of hair
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: I think it depends on the individual Soquili, though there is something kind of stark and jarring about them having no mane whatsoever

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? Possibly when there's a fair bit going on on the head a mane might be too much, I'll admit Skald has alot going with her tentacles and horns but I've still always thought she could have hair XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:51 am

I got a Cueball or so...

Pony: Larena
Do you wish they had hair?: Sometimes (mostly no since she does have a very nice backstory)
User Image

Pony: Tae-Hyun
Do you wish they had hair?: Nope
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: Being bald makes it very difficult for soq to find mates it seems. My thought is bald soq do have a harder time finding mates as it seems most people just dont really like them and nothing seems to last. I mean it fits some if there is a back story or such but if not sometimes it just seems there lacking something.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? Bald looks great on warrior stallions or those with proper back story. Or when they have something to make up for the lack of mane.  

Yeonn

Fuzzy Werewolf

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:28 am

I got a Cueball or so...

Pony: Ponyname Anchor
Do you wish they had hair?: Kinda? There isn't a version of him without his helmet, but I always pictured him with short, military style hair that was jet black with some white mixed in for his age. But like I said, no version without his armor. xD
User Image

Pony: Ponyname Smaug
Do you wish they had hair?: Negatory.
User Image

Pony: Ponyname Krieg
Do you wish they had hair?: Nooooooooooooope. Even though I play him in the game with hair, he shouldn't have one to be his "proper" self.
No cert yet, but here have a WIP?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: I think it depends on the Soquili. Some, like Smaug, don't need it. The addition of hair would clutter their image and make them look a little off. While others it kinda just looks funny to me. Incomplete and "forgotten".

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? When it is done tastefully? Like if they have accessories or scales/spikes/fins/ect to make the head part not look completely empty.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff