• Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:12 am

I got a Cueball or so...

Number of bald ponies I own: 3

Pony: Legion
Do you wish they had hair?: Nope. It adds to his wolfish look
User Image

Pony: Mahi Mahi
Do you wish they had hair?: Being a kelpie, not really. But maybe some more "Hairlike" fins. Its just how she's always been, so I kind of accept it smile
User Image

Pony: Ponyname Algedi
Do you wish they had hair?: Personally, yes. I think he's look pretty rockin with a puny 'do. But on the other hand, I wouldn't want it to loose his goat-like charm.
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: It is what it is. Just another thing that makes them unique. It looks the most natural to me on Suti, Cerynei, and Kelpie - since dragons, deer, and fish don't tend to have hair anyway ^_~

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? My favorite bald Soquili is when they have some kind of a neck ruff on them so you know it was "intentional" and not just "hey I forgot to turn on the hair layer." Bald Soquili who have just the solid lineart line and no ruff/feathers/horns/etc bother me a bit, but I've managed to avoid them. But even then, sometimes they really pull it off (for example I love love love Grizzle Snowpaw)...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:19 am

I got a Cueball or so...

Number of bald ponies I own: 1

Pony: Ziriel
Do you wish they had hair?: Sometimes but in the end when I think about it. His baldness works for him.
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: Some look okay bald, but most I feel need something there.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? I think there should be something to make it flow well. Whether it is intricate designs, fluff,etc.  

Cheyriddle4

Shameless Kitten

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:37 am

I got a Cueball or so...

Pony: Astúcia Protecció'
Do you wish they had hair?: Nope <3 it suits him
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: It depends on the Soquili, but I think most of them look pretty good without hair. It actually bothered me the first time I saw a bald Soquili, but Astucia has definitly shown me that, when done well, it looks awesome!

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? When it seems to match how the Soquili looks. I believe I was talking to Roni when I pointed out that Astucia was bald, and she commented that she didn't even notice! That's how you know that the Soquili looks good bald.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:55 pm

I got a Cueball or so...

Pony: Slender Man
Do you wish they had hair?: Nah. It suits him.
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: I'm very, very picky about bald soquili. I normally don't like them, but some are able to pull it off well. GrnGriff's Grizzle Snowpaw is a great example of that. I think draft ponies can usually pull it off... if they're naturals. Cerynei are sometimes okay bald too. If the soquili has spines/fins I think they're fine without mane. It really just depends on the soquili.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? I'm more inclined to like bald ponies if they are either a) aquatic or draconic and have spines/fins/scales instead, b) naturals, c) have fluff/fur instead like a wolf/cat/etc., or d) have elemental mane/fur (ie fire mane, or smokey fur like Kamiki's Legion).  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0

StarieMichie

Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:34 pm

I got a Cueball or so...

Pony: Cthulhu
Do you wish they had hair?: No, I think his squid head would look weird with hair. He also has no tail, but you can't see his butt anyway so it doesn't matter. Although, I often wonder if other people find him less attractive because he's bald and they don't want to risk that getting passed on in breedings.
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: I tend to not like them unless they are a cosplay of someone/thing that has no hair. I usually leave bald ponies off of my pref list in flaffles and raffles.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? When they have other stuff there so that they still look "complete". IE: fur, feathers, headdresses, fins, scales, etc. Like, it makes sense for an aquatic or dragon Soq to be bald, but breeds that are mostly straight up horses, look way better with manes and tails. I don't really like bald Cerynei either. I get that RL deer don't have manes, but I think they just look plain without hair.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:53 pm

I got a Cueball or so...

Number of bald ponies I own: 1 I think? My wind serpent I don't consider bald.

Pony: Ponyname Ysauraithus
Do you wish they had hair?: No,She wouldn't be the same with hair. She's way gorgeous without it. My favorite out of all of the ponies from the art prizes.
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: Some can be gorgeous and sometimes others don't pull it off but it still looks nice either way,it grows on you. It just depends if there iss something other than hair on the pony that brings it out.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? Always. c: It could be an unedited pony and still look great,it just depends hows the colorist pulls it off.  

-MoomoolatteCha-

Crew

Tiny Wolf

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:15 pm

I got a Cueball or so...

Pony: Unnr
Do you wish they had hair?: No, I think she'd look weird with hair. It wouldn't mix well with her fins.
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: I generally dislike bald Soquili (tbh I'm not a fan of bald in general). I'm a total sucker for pretty hair and I will admit that I would be less inclined to enter for a bald horse or attempt pairing one of my horses with a bald horse. That being said though, there are definitely examples in Soquili of bald horses that look absolutely fabulous. I can't see myself customing one though.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? Pretty much the same reason as everyone else has posted, when they have something else to replace the hair, whether that be fins, horns, scales, what have you. I agree that regular Soq that are bald look kind of unfinished. There are a lot of great examples in this thread of really nice Soq without hair though! I especially like Kyaishi's Verath (though I would like him just as much with hair, I think).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:49 pm
I got a Cueball or so...

Pony: Ponyname AncientSpark
Do you wish they had hair?: Hmm, yes and no. I haven't seen her unmasked, so I don't know what she looks like without her helmet.
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: I tend to avoid them to be honest. I love poofy/fluffy hair.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? When someone is cosplaying said character that is bald or the baldness is because the mane is being replaced by something else; such as fur, feathers, fins, flippers, spikes, etc.  

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:02 pm

I got a Cueball or so...

Number of bald ponies I own: 2

Pony: Cinis
Do you wish they had hair?:
Initially . . . Yes I did wish she had hair. However then I came up with a story and way that her lack of hair made an advantage a blessing even.
So now I wouldn't have her any other way.
User Image

Pony: Ponyname Luciferin.
Do you wish they had hair?: He's pretty handsome bald really shows off his scales but I think hair would look good on him too. Like a spikey anime Mohawk I think is something he could look pretty freakin cool in.
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: honestly I like them but they do have two major issues.
1.) Not that many people like them so its hell trying to find romance.
2.) They do look rather unfinished in most cases, but I have no idea how you would make them more finished.
Though this does not dissuade me for picking them in raffles.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful?
Always <3 but here are my favorites.
- Draconic style soq of any breed - - soq modeled after wildlife that don't have manes like deer, snakes, ect
- and one I haven't seen yet but would like too is bird themed bald soq.
An idea I've been saving for a mutant slot. Is one modeled after black Japanese bantam rooster, which would have no mane but rather a really unusual tail.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:25 am

I got a Cueball or so...

Pony: Mithra
Do you wish they had hair?: I'm on the fence!? I wish he had more 'fluff' on his chest and maybe a revamped tail :>. Mithra's father is an OC and is very dear to me. So if I could get him a mane I would love him to have something like his father Monfulta but in white and not hiding his cheekfluff.
I would LOVE his chest to come out fluffy XD..
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: It depends on the soq? I actually WOULD rather manes because I like very, very long hair. :>. But there are a few Cerynei and a few Ulun'Suti I like.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? Uhm, when they have scales or are deer-like I suppose? Or wolven/bear like. I like them having tufts more then just being straight bald though XD;.  

Saint Vis
Crew

Timid Prophet

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:44 am

I got a Cueball or so...

Pony: Fathom
Do you wish they had hair?: A little, but she does look kid-a** and takes after her Mum who was also bald.
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: Some can pull it off, but I am not generally a fan of bald ponies. Fathom pulls it off.... mostly because she dares you to comment and say anything about her hair lacking *chuckles*.... plus the spikes make it a little better since it's not just.... empty space.
During breedings I am likely to request not to get bald ponies though.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? When it's not just bald.... like spikes/fins/scales/mist or something. I am just not a fan.... I guess it feels like there just should be something there and if it's just blank it feels wrong. *shrug* probably not explaining that very well. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with bald ponies, and there are some beautiful ones out there. <3  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:57 am

I got a Cueball or so...

Pony: Tuari Tse
Do you wish they had hair?: No.
User Image

Overall what are your thoughts on Bald Soquili: Bald can be Beautiful, it depends on the Soquili. heart It becomes a part of their character to me, just like any other trait, and I couldn't imagine them any other way.
Just like hairstyles, some bald ponies are done well and some I am not too fond of.

When do you think Bald is Beautiful? I typically prefer bald on Cerynei, or Soquili who have other traits to "replace" the hair (fins, spikes, etc.). Complex neck markings look great too, and making sure that they still look "finished" (i.e. the baldness is incorporated into the design, and accounted for by exploring with neck markings or antlers or something extra.) I also think that baldness generally looks odd with hair tails (i'd prefer the Cerynei tail, or a Uni tail, maybe feathers, something without hair), but can be pulled off depending on the Soquili in question...  

Huroggmeten

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces