Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
Fasting?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anchor for the Soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:42 pm
I've never fasted before. I also have a problem where I get severe migraines if I don't eat or drink water or get enough sleep. But, I feel led to go on a 40-day fast in which I only drink liquids. A number of other people from my church are doing this, starting this Tuesday. Any fasting tips? Advice?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:41 pm
Anchor for the Soul
I've never fasted before. I also have a problem where I get severe migraines if I don't eat or drink water or get enough sleep. But, I feel led to go on a 40-day fast in which I only drink liquids. A number of other people from my church are doing this, starting this Tuesday. Any fasting tips? Advice?

I'm sorry this is late.

I have only ever successfully fasted for one day. I'm probably not the best person to get advice from regarding fasting, but I saw that this thread had no responses and believe that each thread in this forum should get at least one response, since it is the forum for asking for advice.

Make sure you are in a healthy position to do this fast. You shouldn't do it if you are a diabetic, for example. There are health conditions to consider. If you are clear of such conditions, however, go for it! My advice to you is to drink plenty of water and also drink juice. As in, lots of water. Do not drink soda. Also, keep your exercising to a mild level. You don't want to do a lot of crazy cardio or strength training during this time.

If you have a health condition that is preventing you from going on a 40-day food fast, there are other ways to fast. You can fast from something that you really enjoy and do daily (like fasting from video games or fasting from certain KINDS of foods, like meat or what have you).

I hope this helps. Even though it's late, you can fast any time!

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Christian Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces