Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
I feel alone. Can anyone give me advice?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sRAHXASc

Demonic Warrior

8,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:59 pm
Where I live, I don't have a lot of people around that are LGBT. The friends that I have don't even understand what it's like to be LGBT. Not only to I know I am attracted to girls but I feel I identify with both genders. I have basically no one to talk to and I feel so alone and it's very hard for me. What do I do?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:42 pm
That's a tough situation to be in.
I would suggest looking for people online to talk to. Like on here, or Tumblr or something. That's helped me out a lot. And hey, if you wanna talk, you can always talk to me. biggrin  

Ittarius

Noble Traveler

stealinyoheichou

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:45 pm
Hiya! For me, I use the internet as a place to be open about my sexuality. I'm a pansexual, but I'm in the closet with my family and some of my friends. On the internet, I'm an open book! On sites like Gaia, you don't really have to be alone, because there are so many open and understanding people willing to talk! You could feel more open by chatting or posting on here. By confessing about how you feel, you're bound to meet people who feel the same, and even make some friends biggrin If you can't connect with people on Gaia, there are SO MANY blogs on tumblr that are LGBT friendly and would love to chat as well. There's a lot of options, so there's no need to be so lonely heart 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:01 pm
sRAHXASc
Where I live, I don't have a lot of people around that are LGBT. The friends that I have don't even understand what it's like to be LGBT. Not only to I know I am attracted to girls but I feel I identify with both genders. I have basically no one to talk to and I feel so alone and it's very hard for me. What do I do?

I don't know where you live.. so hard to say but there are probably 5-6 gay youth centers in the 'Lower Mainland" where I live. It's quite nice, maybe google if they have anything like that in your area? Again I don't know where you live so hopefully they have something like that.  

DeathxGrip

Dedicated Browser

Colubrinae

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:20 pm
sRAHXASc

The others before me had good suggestions. Online is usually the best place to find others. I just wanted to pipe up and say the only other bi person I know is my girlfriend, and the only poly people I know are my two partners, heh. So I totally understand how you feel.

Point being, you're not alone.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:38 am
sRAHXASc
Well you have the full support of everyone in this guild. As for your friends not understanding. I was in a similar boat as you on that one. My friends especially my best one didnt understand when i first came out either. Eventually they came around. So hopefully with some time they will better understand how you feel. As everyone else stated i would suggest talking to people on the internet that understand how you feel. Thats what i did in the past also and it helped me personally. As for you feeling like you identify with both genders, you could possibly be trying to figure whom you like more. You will figure it out, i think we all go through that at one point or another. Is there any support groups in your area? I know for me when i was in High School, there was a LGBT group that met weekly after school.  

Seraphim of Forgiveness
Captain

Blessed Gaian

Bits Of Silver
Crew

Sparkling Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:30 pm
It may be a large part of you, but it is not the whole of you.

Can you find peace with connections socially with other aspects you are interested in?
Gaming? Sports? Hanging out? Art? Pets?

It is awful to feel lonely or disconnected.
Give yourself the option of more than one connection to search for. You may have connections already that are going unnoticed.

For the LGBT community- they are there, you just have to keep looking. If LGBT are not well supported in your area, it could be they are just a little harder to find.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:03 am
Yo, I gotchu on the crazy gender thing.

Gender is a big ball of confusing and I'll be the first to admit that. Growing up, I would play football with my brothers in miniskirts and wrestle in summer dresses but then turn right around and have tea parties in baggy shorts with army men and barbies. I had no idea what was 'girl stuff' or 'boy stuff' further than girls wore makeup and skirts and boys didn't until I got into school.

Gender is so weird and I never felt comfortable in my own skin, much like you probably do. Hell, as a genderfluid individual sometimes I don't feel like anything! Sometimes I'm like yo I feel like a dress and some boxers but other times I don't feel like anything. I generally feel uncomfortable being addressed with pronouns clearly referencing my biological sex especially on my boy days.

The point of this is that there's not just two genders. There's not only male and female at all. It's a massive spectrum where you can be one, the other, both or neither or even a mix of any of them.

That being said, it's something I learned through the internet. Like you, I grew up in an area with no queer kids and it was so friggin difficult. Tumblr taught me a lot but it's also super poisonous so I'd watch out on that one. If you find terms there, I recommend googling them and doing some research. Joining this guild was DEFINITELY a step in the right direction for your own support.

It's a super tough situation feeling lonely and isolated, not understanding any of it. Growing up is hard enough but then you add gender and sex and it just turns into an invariatable hell. So forums like these are super good ideas and hey, if you ever need somebody who gets it, who fought through high school tooth and nail talk to me.

I swear to you, it gets better. You go off to college and you find people like you and your support group grows. It gets so much better. You just have to hang in there for now.  

vann-haal13

Fashionable Explorer

3,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items