Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Theater (RP)
[B] Portals OOC [OPEN] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Portals is a BASIC level RP.
If you ever played table-top RP games like Dungeons and Dragons or GURPS you'll catch on quickly to this one.

This thread is for organizing Portals Role Play. You may post your character's profile (history and power(s) as well as equipment, etc.) if you like, or PM that information to me. As Game Master, I need to know all about your character. No previous role playing experience is needed.

This thread is also for chatting Out Of Character (OOC). Mission thread(s) will be the actual role playing thread(s) as each team is given a mission and sent off-world.

Navigation:

1. Setting
2. Posting Procedures
3. To Join
4. Characters
5. Active Missions
6. Banners and other links
7. Quick Posting Tutor
8-15. Reserved for profiles  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:39 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.You were approached by Darin Porter, a human male, well into his middle age years, dressed carefully and practically. He was accompanied by his wife, Dawn, an eerie humanoid woman with creepy yellow eyes and a silent observant way that made you feel exposed. Then she smiled at you, and you felt warm and welcome as her mind touched yours. Darin offered you a chance to join his team on his homeworld, a chance for adventure and wealth. You were warned it could be dangerous, but the rewards include saving numerous worlds from domination and promoting inter-world trade in a network spanning dozens of worlds.

Darin can open portals to other worlds. Each world has its own cultures and "people." Some look a lot like "home," while others are ... different. Science usually, but not always, follows the same principles. Something in the portal process enables those who travel through to understand most of what the "people" in each world say and also be understood, mostly. That may have had something to do with Dawn's telepathy. Her ability does not travel perfectly through the portals, but when she is in the same world as the person she is "reading" it is exceedingly powerful. Anyone whose mind she can not "read" can not join them.

Through trade and diplomacy, Darin and Dawn have built a vast network of worlds. The wealth brought back through trades has given Darin the resources to build Portal Central around the area where his portals always return. It has also enabled him to reward those who join him richly. He has gathered people from various worlds to form teams to go to on missions ranging from trading and diplomacy to protection against forces of chaos as well as whatever might be needed.

In his travels, Darin has heard of another portal-maker from another world. His name is Vil. He wants to control as many of the worlds as he can, and his ambitions are limitless. Darin and Dawn oppose Vil and promote open trade as much as they can. Neither portal-maker can portal to the other's homeworld, making all the other worlds their battlefield. Both of them also share a limitation that portals can only be made once a month to any given world and can only be made from another world back to their respective homeworlds.

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:40 pm

* As always, Gaia ToS and Rules apply. Absolutely no cybering or offers to cyber elsewhere.

* Please keep post styles unobtrusive so it is easy to follow what is being said.

* You can not harm a team member without violating the vow you took to join Darin's team.

* Please plan to post at least twice a week. If you know you will be gone more than a week, please post what you want done with your character in your absence (who can play for you, or character falls into a deep sleep and cannot be awakened, or whatever) in this thread. You can also role play falling asleep or whatever in your Mission thread.

* You can not play another player's character without written consent from them posted in this thread. Don't assume you know what the other characters will do. If you do not post in a week's time, I may take over playing for you to keep the game moving until you return. I will PM you if I find this necessary.

* Your character can only be in one place at a time, so if the team gets split up and action is posted from a place your character is not, please do not let your character act on it.

* If it is unclear whether the action you wish to take will succeed (including all combat), please
roll a 20-sided die. I will use that roll to determine your success and post accordingly. Generally the LOWER your roll, the more likely you are to succeed.

* Be sure everyone is together before opening a portal back home. The portal only stays open a few minutes, and can't be opened again for a month!

* If you have a problem with another player, please settle it OOC or bring it to me. As Game Master, my word is final in this game, though I am fairly reasonable.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:43 pm

This rp welcomes everyone regardless of experience. If you are ready to join, please post your profile in this thread first. Darin will contact you when your team is assembled for a mission. Team members (Characters) will be listed in the next post with a reference to the page number where their profile can be found and, if there are multiple missions simultaneously, which mission each character is on.

Team members may be any imaginable race (exceptions: no gods, demi-gods, angels, demons or devils) with one or two Powers of any kind you like (see below in this post for examples of Powers). However, sometimes your power fails (you pick when -- it's your character, but please no god-moding; pick something that could happen every time you attempt to use your power). Team members also have a radio and whatever other gear they deem necessary within reason (my word is final); no vehicles or weapons of mass destruction allowed. Portals are about 8 feet in diameter. If you would like me to know something about your character that you don't want to be common knowledge (i.e. not posted here), please PM me with that information. If you haven't told me ahead of time either in this thread or PM, it isn't so. I have veto power, though I don't plan to use it much.

CHARACTER PROFILE

Gaia Username :
Character's name : [b] [/b]
Character's physical description (what he/she/it looks like) :
Brief Character Summary (a few words for the Character List): [b] [/b]
Character's Power (from being Alien, Mutant, Psionic or Magical - pick one) :
When does the power fail?
Character's Strengths :
Character's Flaws :
Equipment carried : Radio,
Background and personality can be added here along with images, but not necessary.

CHARACTER IDEAS:

Possibly Strengths your character may have (others are fine, too, just run them by me so I know):
Accounting, Acrobatics, Acting, Animals (can include Riding), Artist, Boating, Carpentry, Cooking, Computers, Dancing, Demolitions, Disguise, Electronics, Escape, Fighting (pick a style), Fishing, Forgery, Gambling, Jeweler, Juggling, Leatherwork, Languages, Lip Reading, Literature, Lock-picking, Mathematics, Mechanics, Medicine, Merchant, Metalwork, Music (type), Navigation, Negotiation, Performance, Poetry, Pottery, Research, Sculpting, Science (pick field of study), Seamanship, Shadowing, Sleight of Hand, Sports (type), Style (pick an environment), Survival (pick an environment), Teaching, Ventriloquism, Weaponry, Woodworking

Possible Powers (stipulate whether from magic, psionics, mutant ability, or alien ability):
Absorb Attacks, Aid (Heal), Armored, Better Move/Senses, Change Environment, Cling,
Darkness/Silence, Desolid, Drain, Detect, Energy Blast (pick type), Entangle, Extra Functioning
Limbs (tail, wings, etc.), Fly/Glide, Grow, Illusions, Invisiblity, Life Support, Light/Sound, Mental Attack, Mind Defense, Mind Control, Mind Link, Mind Scan, Missile Deflection/Reflection, Regeneration, Shape Shift, Shrink, Stretch, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Teleportation, Transfer

Power fails if (ideas) character is: dripping wet, knocked out, hurt, angry, not touching a talisman, distracted, unlucky (use RNG or dice to decide), etc.

Flaws: Your character will be more interesting and fun if he/she/it has at least one Flaw.
You can take more than one if you like. Here are some examples:
Absent Minded, Appearance: Unattractive, Unusual, Kleptomania, Bad Vision/Hearing,
Code of Conduct, Missing arm/leg, Compulsive, Never kills, Delusions, Overconfident, Greed, Phobias, Vow, Shy, Gullible, Inconvenient Size (more than 8 feet or less than 4 feet tall), Speech Impairment, Totally Honest

If you want a second Power, you must take an additional two Flaws that will impact your character in the role play. For example, a delusion that squirrels are intelligent is not likely to impact you on other worlds, but a delusion that all leafy things are malevolent has a good chance to do so!

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:45 pm

Character Name (linked to profile post): brief character summary ~ Mission (Username)

Darin Porter : Human mutant makes portals, gives mission briefings ~ in Portal Central (JoyRose)

Ami: Human girl from Fuji, Japan ~ Song Valley (Blizzard Rose)

Hiwatari Magical Farmer ~ no mission yet (Ochru)

Morphena: Magical shape-shifter ~ Song Valley (Goldine)

Karii: Ex-military alien from a polar climate with technological and tactical expertise. ~ Songwater Valley (Waterkin) INACTIVE

Neesha Valleybrook: Awkward elf girl with magically healing and magickenisis ~ Songwater Valley (Goldine) INACTIVE

Tiki: Curious Simian mechanic with prehensile tail ~ Songwater Valley (Faith Fairy) INACTIVE  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Mission 1: Songwater Valley  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:46 pm
User Image

Signature-friendly banners you can use

.. 200 x 40 pixels

[url=gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24412033][img]https://i.vgy.me/tIkATW.png[/img][/url]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:52 pm
Quick Posting Tutor

Rolling a 20-sided die as part of your post:

Click "Reply" or "Quote" and type something in the box.
Under the box you'll see "Post Style" and some drop down menus. Fill them in as illustrated:

User Image

You can also add a picture. if you want it to be on the left while your words are to the right of it (like the banners in the previous post) use "imgleft" instead of just "img" for the tags.

If you want to make your post colorful, add the tag [ color="pick a name from below"]
Colors of text by name
#EEA9B8 (rose), pink, lightpink, palevioletred, hotpink, deeppink,
red, crimson, firebrick, indianred,
darkred, maroon, brown, sienna, saddlebrown, rosybrown, tan, burlywood,
chocolate, peru,
darkgoldenrod, darkkhaki,
lightcoral, coral, lightsalmon, salmon, tomato,darksalmon,
orangered, darkorange, orange, goldenrod, sandybrown, khaki, peachpuff, gold, yellow,
greenyellow, lightgreen, lawngreen, chartreuse,
lime, springgreen, mediumspringgreen, yellowgreen, limegreen,
green, seagreen, mediumaquamarine, mediumseagreen, darkseagreen, olive, olivedrab,
darkolivegreen, forestgreen, darkgreen,
aquamarine, cyan, aqua, turquoise, mediumturquoise, darkturquoise,
lightseagreen, teal, darkcyan
powderblue, lightblue, lightsteelblue, skyblue, lightskyblue,
deepskyblue, dodgerblue, cornflowerblue, mediumblue,
cadetblue, steelblue, slateblue, mediumslateblue,
blue, royalblue, midnightblue, darkblue , navy, darkslateblue, indigo,
blueviolet, mediumpurple, mediumorchid, #BF3EFF (bright orchid), darkviolet, darkorchid,
thistle, plum, violet, orchid, magenta, fuchsia, mediumvioletred, darkmagenta, purple

black, darkslategray, dimgray, gray, slategray, lightslategray, darkgray, silver

Avoid eye-hurting colors like yellow. Be sure to close with the slash color tag.

Keep font size between 9 and 16. Default is 12 smile

Sample post coding and result:
[url=gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24412033][IMGLEFT]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i255/2JR/Portals/Portals40_zps019c6e80.png[/IMGLEFT][/url][align=center][color=purple][size=11]This text is purple, size 11. It is centered because of the align tags.
It can be [b]bold[/b] or in [i]italics[/i] or [u]underlined[/u] or even [strike]striken out[/strike].
It is to the right of the image because the image is tagged IMGLEFT. [/size][/color][/align]

User Image
This text is purple size 11. It is centered because of the align tags.
It can be bold or in italics or underlined or even striken out.
It is to the right of the image because the image is tagged IMGLEFT.

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:06 pm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:06 pm

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:07 pm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:10 pm

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:11 pm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:11 pm

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:12 pm

Village Theater (RP)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff