Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Commons
The Story Behind Your Username Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:07 pm
I love the amazing user names I see here on Gaia! So I'm curious about the stories behind them. How did you choose it? What significance does it have?

My given name is "Letitia" which means "Joy" in Latin, and my given middle name is "Rose" so my username is really just ... my name. 4laugh

But the significance is I have made joy a sort of mission for my life, both my own and for others around me. And roses represent love and beauty, two things that bring me (and many around me) joy, so the name really fits me!

What's YOUR story?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:09 pm
Actually I told you this as my Random fact, but here it is again: I was named for the pet goldfish. It lived 7 years! May I be as long-lived relative to my life expectancy! rofl  

Goldine

Golden Helper

11,375 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Voter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sweater Panda

High-functioning Phantom

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:10 pm
I really like dumplings. I've always adored Japanese things and the honorifics that they have, so I chose "san" because I decided that "chan" was too cute for someone like me. All in all, my name pretty much means "Miss Dumpling".  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:17 pm
Dumpling-San
I really like dumplings. I've always adored Japanese things and the honorifics that they have, so I chose "san" because I decided that "chan" was too cute for someone like me. All in all, my name pretty much means "Miss Dumpling".

Cool! I can't remember the last time had dumplings but they're always yummy! And I think you're very cute, at least your avatar is. I love Gaia pixel artists and these chibi avatars.  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Sweater Panda

High-functioning Phantom

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:27 am
JoyRose
Cool! I can't remember the last time had dumplings but they're always yummy! And I think you're very cute, at least your avatar is. I love Gaia pixel artists and these chibi avatars.

Thanks! Sometimes, I don't like the floury coating around the dumplings because where they're made can make it taste...weird. Other than that, I usually think they're amazing and something I'll always enjoy eating. Why, thank you! I think this avatar is very cute as well. Me too! I really like the new recolor Monochrome Heart, but I'll never be able to afford it. XP  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:41 am
Dumpling-San
JoyRose

Thanks! Sometimes, I don't like the floury coating around the dumplings because where they're made can make it taste...weird. Other than that, I usually think they're amazing and something I'll always enjoy eating. Why, thank you! I think this avatar is very cute as well. Me too! I really like the new recolor Monochrome Heart, but I'll never be able to afford it. XP

I know what you mean. I'm on a spending freeze currently because we're in a tight spot money wise for now, and I'm seeing all these amazing things for sale. I have to keep focused on the best parts of Gaia: the friends I make here.  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

HighClass Badass

Dedicated Regular

34,115 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:30 pm
My name here used to be Reaver Industries after my favorite video game franchise (the Fable series) but one day someone insulted my roleplay character saying that he thought he was just a "HighClass Badass" and I took a liking to it, I'm the HighClass Badass now biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:24 pm
HighClass Badass
My name here used to be Reaver Industries after my favorite video game franchise (the Fable series) but one day someone insulted my roleplay character saying that he thought he was just a "HighClass Badass" and I took a liking to it, I'm the HighClass Badass now biggrin

You're the second person I know who took a liking to an insult and made it into your username. rofl Welcome!  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:22 pm
That's a great meaning, JoyRose! May you fulfill your destiny.

I've always felt different from other people. Even more different than the different people I came across. I was a special kind of different, like I was so normal I didn't fit in with anyone although we shared some similar interests and personality traits, because they would go more to the extreme of one or two interests, and I'd stay pretty level throughout all of mine.

I like so many things (which in itself makes me stand apart), that I don't have the time or energy to fully devote to any of them like the people who are also interested in my interests, so that makes me different... very much so.

Did I confuse anyone?

The fact that punctuation marks are allowed in usernames also played part in my username creation.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:24 pm
HighClass Badass
Your avatar fits your username. I love when that happens. 3nodding  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

DraculasLittlePrincess IV

Angelic Vampire

23,975 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:36 pm
VAMPIRES!!! enough said lol rofl

Anyway, i've been a vampire fan for the longest time, and well wouldn't u want to be the favorite of the first vampire ever 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:02 am
Different...Very.
That's a great meaning, JoyRose! May you fulfill your destiny.

I've always felt different from other people. Even more different than the different people I came across. I was a special kind of different, like I was so normal I didn't fit in with anyone although we shared some similar interests and personality traits, because they would go more to the extreme of one or two interests, and I'd stay pretty level throughout all of mine.

I like so many things (which in itself makes me stand apart), that I don't have the time or energy to fully devote to any of them like the people who are also interested in my interests, so that makes me different... very much so.

Did I confuse anyone?

The fact that punctuation marks are allowed in usernames also played part in my username creation.

True the punctuation makes that username of yours pop! But I didn't realize you could still use periods in usernames - cool!

As for standing apart, it's good to know we've got interesting bits to share. How boring if we were exactly alike in every way! rofl  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:03 am
DraculasLittlePrincess

Anyway, i've been a vampire fan for the longest time, and well wouldn't u want to be the favorite of the first vampire ever 4laugh

I do love the implication that Dracula feels that way about you! So cute!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:06 am
JoyRose
DraculasLittlePrincess

I do love the implication that Dracula feels that way about you! So cute!

Hehe 4laugh  

DraculasLittlePrincess IV

Angelic Vampire

23,975 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

sweet lil Mint

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:03 pm
My mother named me Mintium to be creative my last name is a secret heehee can't have others finding me~ my gaia name is sweet lil mint because the candy is sweet tasting and I'm smaller than all my friends  
Village Commons

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff