Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Bad News for the Big Bang

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:45 pm
Bad News for the Big Bang: Secular Scientists Claim Universe Shouldn’t Exist  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:33 am

I've always found the Big Bang Theory of the beginning of the universe to be rather useful when it comes to questions of origins with atheists and monistic pantheists. The Big Bang Theory forces them to admit that the universe had a starting point. When we take this and the Law of Cause and Effect into account, what we have is a universe that is here because it is the effect of a cause. This is deduced logically from the fact that it had a beginning. It once was not. This cause would have to have been outside of the universe and existing before it. This cause would also have to be uncaused in and of itself, or we must at least have an uncaused cause at SOME point, or we would have an infinite regression of cause and effect over and over again, and linear reality simply doesn't work that way. Infinity does not work for a linear system because infinity isn't linear.

So we have an uncaused cause for the universe's existence, the starting point. Now, people have tried to come up with other means of explanations, like the Multiverse. But there's no real evidence for the Multiverse. Like...at all. It's the best working theory they have. Other theories have been proposed to challenge the Big Bang Theory, like the Steady State Theory. That theory isn't believed to hold much water anymore, though.

So the two major threads of thought here are: Naturalism (multiverse) and Theism (God). I suppose there isn't much "empirical" evidence for God. But there really isn't any for the Multiverse either, lol. The Big Bang Theory is useful in getting people to think about origins and pushing them to a decision about what they will believe. It would be a shame to see it go, but that might also be a good thing.

Hmm...

Who knows. sweatdrop

What are your thoughts?

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:47 am
Scarlet_Teardrops

I've always found the Big Bang Theory of the beginning of the universe to be rather useful when it comes to questions of origins with atheists and monistic pantheists. The Big Bang Theory forces them to admit that the universe had a starting point. When we take this and the Law of Cause and Effect into account, what we have is a universe that is here because it is the effect of a cause. This is deduced logically from the fact that it had a beginning. It once was not. This cause would have to have been outside of the universe and existing before it. This cause would also have to be uncaused in and of itself, or we must at least have an uncaused cause at SOME point, or we would have an infinite regression of cause and effect over and over again, and linear reality simply doesn't work that way. Infinity does not work for a linear system because infinity isn't linear.

So we have an uncaused cause for the universe's existence, the starting point. Now, people have tried to come up with other means of explanations, like the Multiverse. But there's no real evidence for the Multiverse. Like...at all. It's the best working theory they have. Other theories have been proposed to challenge the Big Bang Theory, like the Steady State Theory. That theory isn't believed to hold much water anymore, though.

So the two major threads of thought here are: Naturalism (multiverse) and Theism (God). I suppose there isn't much "empirical" evidence for God. But there really isn't any for the Multiverse either, lol. The Big Bang Theory is useful in getting people to think about origins and pushing them to a decision about what they will believe. It would be a shame to see it go, but that might also be a good thing.

Hmm...

Who knows. sweatdrop

What are your thoughts?

Regardless of it being a good argument for a beginning of the universe, a starting point, Big Bang may not be the truth; how God actually did it, our priority is always the truth.

If it disappears as a valid reasonable theory then we are left with no materialistic reasonable explanation for the Universe from what I gather. Meaning no explanation that is reasonable where we don't have to consider a Creator. Right now it offers for people a way to avoid God;

Dr. Robert Jastrow asserts that in the beginning “all matter in the Universe was compressed into an infinitely dense and hot mass” that exploded. Over many eons, supposedly, “the primordial cloud of the Universe expands and cools, stars are born and die, the sun and earth are formed, and life arises on the earth”

Paul Steidl, an astronomer, has noted:
No astronomers would ever think of the big bang as the creation event of Genesis. The big bang was invented specifically for the purpose of doing away with the creation event. An astronomer would laugh at the naivety of anyone who chose to equate the two events.

The Big Bang theory is a materialistic explanation in its essence of how the universe came to be. Purely materialistic. As it is used by the secular world God is not entered into the equation. It is for some a way to go about to escape a Creator. It (The Big Bang Theory) offers that the universe as we know it today was held in a super-condensed form, a single point (some call it a cosmic egg), and that the universe expanded from this point. Matter came from this explosion, clustering because of gravitational force, and evolving into stars and then planets through the use of eons of time, and natural forces. It conflicts with the Bible, stating that the world was created before the sun (Genesis 1:1, 14-16).

The big bang theory supposes that the universe started with a chaotic explosion which then proceeded toward order. The Bible teaches the exact opposite, from what I gather. Correct me if I am wrong. God created the universe as a beautiful and orderly masterpiece, but it has been degenerating toward disorder in the intervening millennia (Psalm 102:25ff; Hebrews 1:10-12).

Genesis 1:1-31
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:22 am
Garland-Green
Scarlet_Teardrops

Hmm...

Who knows. sweatdrop

What are your thoughts?

Regardless of it being a good argument for a beginning of the universe, a starting point, Big Bang may not be the truth; how God actually did it, our priority is always the truth.

If it disappears as a valid reasonable theory then we are left with no materialistic reasonable explanation for the Universe from what I gather. Meaning no explanation that is reasonable where we don't have to consider a Creator. Right now it offers for people a way to avoid God;

Dr. Robert Jastrow asserts that in the beginning “all matter in the Universe was compressed into an infinitely dense and hot mass” that exploded. Over many eons, supposedly, “the primordial cloud of the Universe expands and cools, stars are born and die, the sun and earth are formed, and life arises on the earth”

Paul Steidl, an astronomer, has noted:
No astronomers would ever think of the big bang as the creation event of Genesis. The big bang was invented specifically for the purpose of doing away with the creation event. An astronomer would laugh at the naivety of anyone who chose to equate the two events.

The Big Bang theory is a materialistic explanation in its essence of how the universe came to be. Purely materialistic. As it is used by the secular world God is not entered into the equation. It is for some a way to go about to escape a Creator. It (The Big Bang Theory) offers that the universe as we know it today was held in a super-condensed form, a single point (some call it a cosmic egg), and that the universe expanded from this point. Matter came from this explosion, clustering because of gravitational force, and evolving into stars and then planets through the use of eons of time, and natural forces. It conflicts with the Bible, stating that the world was created before the sun (Genesis 1:1, 14-16).

The big bang theory supposes that the universe started with a chaotic explosion which then proceeded toward order. The Bible teaches the exact opposite, from what I gather. Correct me if I am wrong. God created the universe as a beautiful and orderly masterpiece, but it has been degenerating toward disorder in the intervening millennia (Psalm 102:25ff; Hebrews 1:10-12).

Genesis 1:1-31
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.

Thanks for your thoughts on the matter.

I know that the Big Bang Theory is a Naturalist theory in origin. The point is that if it is true Naturalists must account for an uncaused cause.

Isn't it interesting, the things Jastrow says? An infinitely dense and hot mass? How is that even possible? Lol. I swear, some of this Naturalist stuff sounds like the mythology they decry.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces