Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[Task] All is fair (Shik and Lan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
iStoleYurVamps rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:35 pm
Alas, for poor Lan, she’d be stuck with someone she so loathed. Loathed while on and island with creepy dolls and told to gather FEAR and she just bet that he was going to be smug about something or tease her or torment her or just do all of those things because it was Shikoba.

And Shikoba was terrible.
At least to Lan.

While she had her little FEAR dolls in hand to collect and harvest, she was tempted to just walk out on premise but no- no she had her job to fill like any other horseman and if she walked away, He’d just tease and torment her worse later on. There would be no winning. (Just like how she tended to utterly fail at beating him when it came to spars- bloody war and their dang wings keeping them from holding still long enough to shoot them).

“…” looking at the Forest itself she checked the portal they’d arrived from, noting it’s location for when they would need to return. Perhaps on this occasion, she mused, she might have the upper hand. After all, she had been secretive of her recent personal life developments.
Minus the whole ‘lets declare that I’m trying to hit on Aeron in front of Mengyao’ fiasco.

“So, when shall we need to look for baskets from you and Shaheen?”
ol-j-man

medigel rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:10 pm
It had been a while since he had done anything with Lan of consequence, which was really for the better as up until now Shik had been an insufferable, power-tripping, bloodlusting, narrowminded man--or at least moreso than usual. Now he was far more mellow with the reintroduction to the Clans' old lands (tower, floors, whatever), enough so that even Lan's initial question got a snort as opposed to something barbed.

"That in and of itself would bring the apocalypse to a full gallop ahead of schedule," he replied. Imagine: just a small herd of screaming hellions with weapons storming the heaquarters . . . The image brought a grin to his face. "But not in the near future, I would think. Or maybe any. We have not spoken about it."

Mostly because he kept switching between bitching about having to reapply for his job (new or old) and being fascinated by the layout of the tower.

Handling his dolls carefully (a humorous sight no doubt, given his savage looks), he followed after Lan through the forest. "And what of you and Aeron?" Shik asked with a smirk. "Is that already being addressed? Quite the leap, from a kiss to foals."

iStoleYurVamps

medigel

Anxious Spirit

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:06 pm
She’d been expecting the worst. So when Shikoba passed on the barbs, Lan was taken aback. Either being with Shaheen had mellowed him, he’d gone and matured, or, someone had the mind to give him a lombotomy. Whatever the reason or means, Lan was still shocked he’d not had more cutting words for her. “A full gallop you say? Better get on it then. I think more than enough of us would be quite happy for the end of days..or the end of those damn hunters.” She held up a doll, making it do a small dance, “Just think, little versions of you and Shaheen flying towards the battlefield and slaying their first human. I’m not sure if it would be cute or terrifying. For both sides.”

Tossing her doll up, she gave it a tiny squeeze as it came down, stuffing falling from one leg, sad and limp. She was ready to go hunting for fear until the horseman brought up her own amorous issue.

Who told him? Who told Shikoba about her and Aeron and that whole mess that wasn’t a mess but was really confusing for her yet none the less made her happy and worried at the same time? “I..do not know of that which you’re speaking of.” She dismissed. “No- I am very sure I have no idea of your meaning. There has been no kissing or foals- We have not even publicly announced-“ Her eyes widened as she stood frozen.

“You will forget everything I just said.”

Ol-j-man

medigel rolled 1 100-sided dice: 72 Total: 72 (1-100)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:32 pm
He paused and turned to look at Lan directly. "You are ordering me . . . to make children," he deadpanned. "You want for more of my kind to crawl around the lands." And then Shik broke into laughter at the ridiculous notion of the mare wanting anything (good or bad) for him.

And then had more laughter at Lan's social pitfalls.

"Gods, I was there when you were attempting to give him moral support in the fight against Charon," he informed her. "What awful timing for a distraction like that. You should have saved it for the victory as Shaheen and I did." Although frankly things had gotten increasingly risque and energetic whilst in public due to their fervor and relief . . . It was why for a very brief and stupid moment, when the screaming began, that they were about to be joined by another War horseman.

And then Shik tilted his head up and saw the wailing doll.

Quote:
61 - 80 : One of the dolls you walk by begins to scream - apparently, this one is so full of FEAR that it's threatening to become sentient. In order to harvest this one, you have to move fast - to cut it free from the tree, roll your regular attack dice; if you do damage, the doll stops screaming, and you gain +2 FEAR. If you miss, the doll falls from the tree and shatters, rendering the gathered fear useless.

medigel

Anxious Spirit

medigel rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 3 Total: 13 (2-20)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:37 pm
With a swift jab of his dagger, he cut the doll from the tree and quickly replaced it, and it thankfully grew silent almost immediately.

"You act as if what you have is something to be hidden," Shik went on as if the thing hadn't interrupted, snickering. "Whatever you Clan teaches, it is high time you remove the rulebook from your gaping a*****e and do as you please."

FEAR Gathered: 2

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps rolled 1 100-sided dice: 24 Total: 24 (1-100)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:52 pm
Ah and there was the Shikoba she knew so well. And hated so well. He knew just what buttons to push and how. “I – that was just- An illusion. Your mind must have been affected by the haze of battle. Red in the face she wished she had some book to throw at him. Prferrably one on manners. “I just- You can’t- Well I’m sorry not everyone is as free to do whatever they please in the clans but I have a duty- Besides, what should I do- go walking about, telling everyone I have been with a horseman of another clan?” She hardly realized what she was saying.

“I prefer to maintain my dignity- and besides… things are… new for us. I can no more force you and Shaheen to have foals than anyone can tell me how to say that I have developed feelings now can they?”
In her little huff, she’d crushed the doll in hand.
She looked at it, then Shik.

She was blaming him.

[quote="ol-j-man"  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

medigel rolled 1 100-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-100)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:40 pm
Shik was fairly sure he did not imagine any of that at all; why would he?

"Dignity. Duty." He rolled his eyes. "These are not reasons but excuses. If you have not noticed, Lan, everything has been in a state of upheaval recently. For the gods' sake, there are already children of multiple clans running around--or flying, as it were." Shik didn't see what the big deal was if she decided she had feelings for someone outside of prissy Conquest. If anything, maybe it would be the kick in the pants (robes, dress, whatever) she needed to stop acting like it was such a big deal to stick to what was old.

Although it seemed the more things changed, the more they stayed the same; she was still as incompetent in the field as ever, and he snickered as Lan discarded her broken doll.

"I am forcing nothing. I am only pointing out that acting as if it is shameful is a waste of energy for you both." For instance, he saw ahead that there was a ragged looking human carrying empty jars, and for once he didn't feel an immediate need to jump and murder.

He really was mellowed today apparently. Or at least for apes who wanted to do his job for him.

Quote:
1 - 20 : You come across a lone Human in a dirty, torn janitor's outfit. They don't bother you or seem to notice you, and simply go about their business, hanging dolls and doll parts from trees. You notice that some of the dolls this human possesses are actually empty fear containers - what you do here is up to you. You can either leave the human be, since they are helping, or you can try to steal one of the FEAR containers for a chance to harvest more. If you choose to steal, roll a 1d6 - evens, you get 1 empty FEAR container (which will give you one more opportunity to harvest), odds you get nothing. Whether or not you let the human live is up to you as well.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:09 am
She opened her mouth to protest then shut it. He was right. He was right and it made her seethe and want to slap him. Shik wasn’t allowed to be right he was supposed to be wrong because he was Shik and he was an a**. “… You’re serious aren’t you?” She was mildly surprised that he was even offering advice. Shaheen had done something to him. Clearly, this Shikoba must be ill. He wasn’t.. being as bad as he normally was.

“You’re actually trying to offer me helpful advice.” She snorted. “I’ll be damned. You might have a small bit of kindness in you after all, just hidden under the layers of ugly fat that you call muscle.” It was a bad shot of an insult. “Should I contact Shaheen? Tell her you’ve started to grow soft? Or is this a sign- you’re getting ready to be able to handle the foals? Oh my goodness-“ She snickered.
“You’re the mother figure aren’t you?”

Ol-j-man

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

medigel rolled 1 100-sided dice: 62 Total: 62 (1-100)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:25 pm
Layers of ugly fat, oho. He snickered and did pec flexes just for the hell of it at her.

Fat didn't do that, mare.

"Kindness?" Gone soft? Shik snorted at the very ideas. "Hardly. This is all for Aeron's sake, not yours. I would much rather that he settled with some prettier thing than your task-incompetant a**, but not even Medea could fix this one."

(He might have added that last part just because Lan had implied anything at all. He had a reputation to keep, damn it.)

medigel rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 10 Total: 17 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:29 pm
Another doll started screaming, though he quickly silenced it, cut it down, and stuck an empty doll in its place in one fell swoop.

"I am no-one's mother," Shik stated, and then added with a smirk, "But you still are a b***h, aren't you. Perhaps if we did have foals I would charge you with babysitting them while we hunt."

iStoleYurVamps

medigel

Anxious Spirit

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:43 pm
Augh. She rolled his eyes as he flexed. Yeah yeah just rub in her face that technically some parts of you were attractive. If anything at least Shaheen would not have to suffer nights with a flabby horseman. “For his sake? Really?” She snorted right back at him. “I make him…” She hesitated. “He and I enjoy each other’s company. Flaws and all.” She tossed her hair back.
“And I will happily tend to your foals. I would teach them what you so dearly lack. Manners.”

She waved her hand. “Done yet? I think we’ve already been forced to spend too much time in proximity to each other as is.”

Ol-j-man

medigel rolled 1 100-sided dice: 78 Total: 78 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:51 pm
"And I would wish you good luck, because we would produce absolute monsters." He sounded positively delighted at the arrangement. "Now hold your horses, Lan, I have one more--"

Another doll went off.

Of course Shik got the screamers.

medigel

Anxious Spirit

medigel rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 8 Total: 15 (2-20)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:02 pm
And just like the rest, it went off without a hitch. The smugness rolled off him in waves as he turned back to Lan and her very empty hands.

"For your sake, do good by him," Shik said, shifting the three silent, filled doll jars into the crook of one arm. "Or I will make you my personal practice dummy for an indefinite amount of time. Now we are ready to go."

Total Fear Gained: +6

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:20 pm
She scoffed. "Really, conquest children are no more wild than any other." She gave him her best impression of her cousin. "My clan did not gain a reputation for discipline by being soft you know."

Tossing her hair back she made her way to the portal. "For your sake, don't piss off Shaheen."

Ol-j-man

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items