Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade Shop Owner Profiles
Dogweed and Deathcaps Employees ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:35 pm
User Image

xxɚxxOwnerxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jason Hill

xxɚxxAssistant(s)xxxxxxxxxx
Dorian Xanders

~ Jason and Adalaide approved by Violet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:55 pm
Hi, my name is Jason Hill.

I'm a male.

I will be working at Dogweed and Deathcap.

I am a werewolf, turned by I don't actually know. However, I am the Alpha of Aconite pack.

I'm 38 years old.

My birthday is September 26, 1988.

My dream job is the work I do now. Do you have a problem with that?

My blood status is Pureblood.

The house I was in was Slytherin.

I was in the class of 2006.

I'm interested in women, actually. However, I'm not usually good company.

I'm currently with no one.

I can be a bit rough around the edges. I tend to come off seemingly grouchy and irritable, and would rather prefer my privacy. However, that's mostly because my job's a rough one, since I tend to go to the Forbidden Forest to collect some of the plants I sell in my shop, as well as care for some of the more dangerous plants.

My background story is I was born to a witch and wizard. They instilled in me a compassion for living things, and I took to it quite well with plants. When I got to Hogwarts, I was sorted into Slytherin. My time at school was pleasant, and I enjoyed anything related to growing things, which caused me to excel at Herbology.

When I left Hogwarts, I worked for a time with the previous owner of Dogweed and Deathcap. I loved my work, and my enthusiasm showed with the owner. When he finally passed, I received the shop. However, a chance encounter with a wolf in the forest left me a werewolf. I vowed to never reveal my condition, since the mere fact could get me driven from Hogsmeade.

Since then, I have had some misadventures. One of which was probably my biggest mistake. I ran across a young girl, Remy Bleiddiaid, who I unfortunately bit when I lost my vial of wolfsbane during a full moon. She became a werewolf, and well, then became the bane of my existence. The summer after I turned her, she was kidnapped not once, but twice! How that girl managed that, I will never know, nor wish to ever find out. I went to her rescue twice that summer, causing nearly a week of no sleep, to which by the end of it, if I heard the hint that someone had kidnapped her, I might have just put her and her kidnapper out of my misery.

The pack grew by two more, and by that point, I think I felt... Well, there were a lot of issues wrong with the pack, to be honest. Rufus was a quiet boy, no problems, and pretty intelligent, Akira was a more motherly sort, but Remy... She never grew out of childhood. She believed that she could be a vegetarian as a werewolf, and subsequently starved herself as a result. Then she went boy crazy, which drove me up a wall, since she defined herself by who she was with, and not as herself.

It eventually came to a head, though I really do sometimes wish she had listened to sense instead of whatever she was doing. After losing her captainship during her sixth year due to poor decision making, she had a breakdown, and ended up biting another student, one Miles McLellan. She then, after she graduated, fled to Canada with Rufus, leaving Miles homeless. Akira lost her niece to suicide, and decided to leave England. I haven't seen her since. After Adalaide Blythe, a young woman I met and hired into my store spoke with me, I decided to take Miles in as a ward, since he had no family, and no home after Remy left. So far, things have been quiet, but after years of not biting anyone in werewolf form, I did bite another boy, David Clarisse. Now, since my pack was disbanded, it seems like it's rebuilding, and hopefully it doesn't turn into another soap opera like the last one.

I enjoy plants in all shapes and sizes, taking care of the shop, having a good pipe, nighttime, and hard work.

I despise loud and obnoxious people, plants being mistreated, laziness, feeling helpless, and people assuming I hate everyone.

I'm afraid of thunder.

My strengths are herbology and potions.

My flaws are transfiguration and human interaction. I'm not really good with people, you see.

I look like this ((Michael Sheen))

My wand is a blackthorn and hippocampus scale, 12 1/2 inches.

My pet is a barn owl named Hickory.

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
    ♎ Astronomy ~ A

♎ Charms ~ E

♎ Defence Against the Dark Arts ~ E

♎ Herbology ~ O

♎ History of Magic ~ A

♎ Potions ~ O

♎ Transfiguration ~ E

♎ Alchemy ~ O

♎ Care of Magical Creatures ~ E

♎ Healing Class ~ E

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:
    ♎ Charms ~ E

♎ Defence Against the Dark Arts ~ A

♎ Herbology ~ O

♎ Potions ~ O

♎ Transfiguration ~ A

♎ Alchemy ~ E

♎ Care of Magical Creatures ~ E

♎ Healing Class ~ A

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! In an excursion into the Forbidden Forest, I encountered a strange wolf. It proceeded to bite me, and caused me to black out. When I awoke in St. Mungo's, they informed me that I had contracted lycanthropy. Honestly, I don't quite know what to do with this information, and I am loathe to inform anyone about it.  

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:53 pm
xxxxA D A L A I D ExxxL I L L I A NxxxB L Y T H E xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxNO LONGER EMPLOYEDxxx
Resigned from position very suddenly with no explanation.
Until Jason hunted her down and made her fess up

xxxB A S I C S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES Ada

AGE 18

BIRTHDAY 21 June 2007

BLOOD STATUS Halfblood

WAND 10 and 3/4 inches, Rowan with Unicorn Hair, springy, spiraled.

GENDER Female

SEXUAL ORIENTATION Straight

LANGUAGES SPOKEN Fluent in English and German

FACECLAIM Sarah Michelle Gellar [x]

xxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              ATTENDED Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

HOUSE Hufflepuff

CLASS OF 2025

BEST LESSONS
                  Herbology
                  Potions
                  Charms

WORST LESSONS
                  Astronomy
                  Transfiguration
                  History of Magic

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ A
                  Charms ~ O
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ EE
                  Herbology ~ O
                  History of Magic ~ EE
                  Potions ~ O
                  Transfiguration ~ A
                  Alchemy ~ EE
                  Art ~ O
                  Care of Magical Creatures ~ O
                  Ghoul and Ghost Studies ~ O
                  Mythology ~ EE

NEWT SCORES
                  Charms ~ O
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ A
                  Herbology ~ O
                  History of Magic ~ A
                  Potions ~ O
                  Alchemy ~ EE
                  Art ~ EE
                  Care of Magical Creatures ~ A
                  Ghoul and Ghost Studies ~ A
                  Mythology ~ EE

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Shop Assistant at Dogweed and Deathcap

DREAM JOB Professional Herbologist. Not just working with plants, but to discover new ones and their uses.

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ■ LOYAL Adalaide is loyal to a fault; she would do anything for her friends. They mean the world to her and she would never do anything to ruin that.
              ■ HONEST Adalaide absolutely hates lies. She can't stand the idea of lies, or hiding things from the people she cares about. She is, as a result, an absolutely horrible liar. When in a position where she has to lie, she prefers to simply tell half-truths, and then feels horrible for doing so, unless it was absolutely necessary.
              ■ SHY Adalaide never had a lot of friends growing up (in fact, just one, and it didn't end well), so she has trouble meeting new people. She gets incredibly nervous and stammers a lot. Its gotten better since she's been at school, but she still has trouble around new people.
              ■ FRIENDLY In spite of her shyness, Adalaide is incredibly friendly. Once she gets over the initial nervousness of meeting a new person, she is incredibly open. She takes a liking to people easily and considers them friends quickly.
              ■ NERVOUS Adalaide doesn't do well under pressure; she caves easily and has plenty of tells to let other people know she's nervous. She's horrible at adapting to situations and panics easily.
              ■ ROMANTIC Adalaide is the sort to get caught up in the romance of any situation. She loves the idea of love, enjoys reading or hearing about great love stories, and gets abnormally excited for her friends when their relationships go well.

Plants
                  Animals
                  Pumpkins
                  Sweets

DISLIKES
                  Negativity
                  Meanness
                  Blood Purists
                  Lies and Liars
                  Being made fun of for her height

HOBBIES
                  Gardening
                  Drawing
                  Flying

STRENGTHS
                  Optimistic
                  Has the ability to be nice to everyone, even when they're awful to her

WEAKNESSES
                  Incredibly Self-conscious
                  Gives up easily

FEARS
                  ■ Enclosed, dark spaces
                  ■ Being lost in a crowd of strangers

xxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          CHILDHOOD Adalaide was born the daughter of Jonathan and Natasha Blythe, a pureblood from an old family of Ravenclaws, and the muggle sister of a muggleborn witch. She spent most of her childhood playing in the family garden, trying to help her mother and father tend to their plants and potions and cooking. When she was seven, she met Damien Edgeworth, a young wizard who lived nearby. The two became friends and played together often, until the day his mother discovered that Adalaide was a halfblood. Their friendship was terminated, and Damien became very cruel to her. Because of this, Adalaide withdrew into herself and avoided meeting other children until she went away to school.

SCHOOL YEARS
              FIRST YEAR The Summer before first year while at Diagon Alley, Adalaide met Michelle Catlin, her first friend since Damien. While in her second Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson, Dominic, a friend of Damien's laughed at her for failing to perform a spell. When Michelle stood up for her, the professor scolded Michelle for her language and said nothing to Dominic for bullying Adalaide. Adalaide ran from the class crying, and discovered that she had apparently made several friends as many students followed her out to the hall to comfort her.
              SECOND YEAR Adalaide's second year began with her receiving a Howler, supposedly from her mother, shouting at her for being friends with Michelle, who was a bad influence. Thankfully, both Ada and Michelle knew that her mother would never, and was in fact incapable of, sending a Howler, and determined that it had been sent as a prank by Dominic and Damien. The rest of the year was uneventful, asied from the birth of her baby brother Sebastian over winter break.
              THIRD YEAR Aside from beginning her elective courses, Adalaide's third year was uneventful. Of note is that her friend Marina Aldred became friends with Damien, who had slowly began seeming less and less like the boy he'd been to her after their friendship dissolved. Marina confided to Adalaide towards the end of the year that she had kissed Damien, who had gotten angry with her. Adalaide told Marina that it was a knee-jerk reaction, and that he probably didn't really feel that way. She finally forgave Damien for being awful to her, because she understood that it wasn't really him, it was his parents.
              FOURTH YEAR During her fourth year, Adalaide went outside to sketch and fell asleep. She was later woken up by Christopher Whitethorne, who helped her sneak back to her dorm room. She developed a crush on him.
              FIFTH YEAR The Summer before fifth year, Michelle, her sister Olyvia, and their father's girlfriend Victoria and her daughter Melody, moved into the Blythe home to escape Vincent, who was abusing them. Adalaide attended the Circus Maisc. She spent the day with Michelle until the Masquerade that night. Chris was in attendance, and he asked her to dance, but before they made it to the floor, the Circus was attacked by dark wizards. He protected her and managed to get her to the beach and away from danger. One her first night back at school, he wrote her a letter asking her to meet him in Hogsmeade one night. She met him in the gardens, and he asked her to be his girlfriend.
              SIXTH YEAR The Summer before sixth year, Adalaide's mother invited Chris to their home to meet the family. Late in the Summer, Victoria went on a walk and never returned. Jonathan found her murdered in a nearby alleyway. Melody was missing; Michelle had found Vincent as he attacked Victoria and saved Melody from him, then taken her somewhere she'd be safe.
              SEVENTH YEAR During the Summer before her seventh year, Adalaide was hired at Dogweed and Deathcap in Hogsmeade Village. She spent most of her Summer either working or with Chris. Upon returning to school, she immediately went to her studies so that she would be prepared for her NEWTs. It was shaping up to be a fairly normal year until she received a letter from Tay, Michelle's... something (because Ada doesn't even know). Apparently, Tay was leaving it up to Ada to decide whether or not Michelle should try to contact him again. Adalaide, figuring it wasn't her life and therefore not her decision, she gave the letter to Michelle. Then, the Hufflepuff team captain Dhylan missed the first game of the season, which caused him to be removed from the position. Tobi, their Vice Captain, was made Captain, and Adalaide was made his VC. Not long after that, Dhylan killed himself. Adalaide responded to this by going to the Kitchens and ranting about how foolish it was with Nell and Rose. Then, towards the end of the year, she had a conversation with one of her teammates, Miles, and discovered that he was a werewolf and that he had no home because Remy, who he was supposed to've lived with, had abandoned him and moved away. Adalaide took it upon herself to try and convince her boss, Jason, also a werewolf, to take Miles in.

POST GRADUATION - - -

xxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          FAMILY Father Jonathan, Mother Natasha, Brother Sebastian, Adoptive Sisters Michelle and Olyvia Catlin, Adoptive Sister Melody Barker [x] [x] [x]
          FRIENDS Michelle Catlin, Christopher Whitethrone, Nell Ellis, Marina Aldred, Damien Edgeworth, Gracie McHalen, Dominic Montague, Rose Hall, Olyvia Catlin
          BEST FRIEND Michelle Catlin
          BOYFRIEND Christopher Whitethorne [x]
          ENEMIES None
          PETS Cats Dracula and Mina [x] [x]

~ Violet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:56 pm
xxxxD O R I A NxxxM I C H A E LxxxX A N D E R S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxB A S I C S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES Dori

AGE 18

BIRTHDAY 1 April 2013

BLOOD STATUS Muggleborn

WEREWOLF, BITTEN BY Kiaran Tyson Ash

PACK AFFILIATION Infected by Blaidd Drwg Pack, 'adopted' by Aconite Pack

WAND 11 inches, Pear with a Fairy Wing core, springy with a bent shaft.

GENDER Male

SEXUAL ORIENTATION Bisexual

FACECLAIM [x]

xxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              ATTENDED Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

HOUSE Hufflepuff

CLASS OF 2031

BEST LESSONS
                  Potions
                  Care of Magical Creatures
                  Ghoul and Ghost Studies

WORST LESSONS
                  History of Magic
                  Astronomy
                  Transfiguration

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ A
                  Charms ~ O
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ A
                  Herbology ~ EE
                  History of Magic ~ A
                  Potions ~ O
                  Transfiguration ~ A
                  Care of Magical Creatures ~ O
                  Cursebreaking ~ A
                  Ghoul and Ghost Studies ~ O
                  Wandless Magic Practice Class ~ EE
                  Wandlore Studies ~ A

NEWT SCORES
                  Charms ~ EE
                  Herbology ~ EE
                  Potions ~ O
                  Care of Magical Creatures ~ EE
                  Cursebreaking ~ A
                  Ghoul and Ghost Studies ~ A
                  Wandless Magic Practice Class ~ A

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Shop Assistant at Dogweed and Deathcap

DREAM JOB Potioneer

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ■ ENERGETIC Dori is, and always has been, hyper. In general, he seems full of boundless energy. Sitting still for too long makes him antsy, hence whey he dislikes most lessons that focus heavily on lectures and enjoys the more hands-on classes. Sometimes, this hyperactivity can get him into trouble, such as when he fails to settle down and behave.
              ■ LOYAL Growing up with two brothers who were his best friends and being mostly raised by nannies who generally disliked them, Dori developed a strong loyal streak. It has since expanded to include his friends. He would do anything within his power to help them if they were in need. He can't stand feeling powerless when there's nothing he can do to help.
              ■ DRAMATIC Coupled with his hyperactivity is a tendency to exaggerate. He enjoys embellishing stories and making things out to be bigger than they are. He also tends to over-react to situations, and overthink them as a result. By the time an event actually comes to pass, he's often already imagined dozens of different ways it could go, most of them quite over-the-top and unlikely.
              ■ SCATTERBRAINED Dori has trouble focusing; he tends to be easily distracted and to flit from one thing to another. Oftentimes, he finds himself scratching his head and wondering how he ended up in his dorm room reading a comic when the last he remembers, he was working on homework. It's incredibly easy to distract his attention away from what he's focusing on, unless it's incredibly important to him, in which case nothing will pull him away.
              ■ DETERMINED He rarely gives up on anything, and never on anything important to him. While he does tend to be easily distracted and have trouble with his attention span, if something really, truly matters to him, it's impossible to get him away from it or to change his mind about it. In general, a lack of skill in something indicates ta he doesn't care overmuch for it. If he does care, he will do whatever it takes to master a skill or to accumulate knowledge.
              ■ KIND Dori has a big heart; he tries his best to always be good to the people around him. He dislikes insults in general and has little patience for people who are mean for no apparent reason. He believes that there are enough awful things in the world without people going out of their way to be awful to one another. However, rather than respond to negativity with more negativity, he prefers to follow the 'kill them with kindness' approach.

Doctor Who
                  Video games
                  The outdoors
                  Dogs

DISLIKES
                  Cleaning
                  Vegetables
                  Being cooped up indoors
                  Being bored
                  Morven Vass' annoying boyfriend

HOBBIES
                  Puzzle games
                  Watching TV
                  Playing with his dog Knight

STRENGTHS
                  Friendly
                  Outgoing

WEAKNESSES
                  Absent-minded
                  Disorganized

FEARS
                  The werewolf who bit him
                  Being alone

xxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          CHILDHOOD Dorian's childhood was eventful, to say the least. He was the youngest born of a set of triplets, and a pretty big surprise for his parents, who were only expecting twins. It was only the first in a series of oddities that plagued the lives of him and his brothers. Odd things often happened around them, not the least of which was the three boys somehow waking up with blue hair that wouldn't wash out, no matter how many baths they were given. They had a tendency to scare off any nanny their parents hired with their strangeness. Eventually, they were given an explanation; the three boys were all wizards.

SCHOOL YEARS
              FIRST YEAR Dorian's first year of school was certainly an eye-opener. He was immediately impressed with magic, and all the amazing things he could do with it. He found that even history was somewhat less boring when there were goblins involved.
              SECOND YEAR Dorian's second year at school proved mostly uneventful. He was happy to return to the castle and be once again surrounded by magic.
              THIRD YEAR The Summer before Dori's third year, he was attacked by a wolf in the park near his house. He was rushed to the hospital for stitches where the creature had bitten his arm, and his parents put the boys all on house arrest 'for their own protection.' Upon arriving at the school again, an older student, Miles, approached him, and informed him that he had in fact been attacked by a werewolf, and that he had contracted lycanthropy. Miles took Dori under his wing, and brought him into his own pack, since Dorian had none of his own.
              FOURTH YEAR Compared to his third year, Dorian's fourth year was wholly uneventful. The most notable thing to've happened was his brother's plot to get him to attend the Yule Ball with Jess, an older girl in his house. The middle triplet posed as his brother and asked her to the dance, and Dori was very surprised to find that she'd said yes.
              FIFTH YEAR Dorian finally managed to escape the confines of his home for the first time since his attack this Summer; Jess came by his house and asked his parents if she could take him 'to the library' to study for his upcoming exams. In reality, the pair went to see a film together. At some point that school year, Jess discovered Dori's secret, that he was a werewolf, and shocked him by not only being totally cool with it, but by actually being interested in him. He'd been pretty well convinced that obviously she wouldn't be, given that she was so much older. But, the pair became a couple shortly before the Christmas holidays.
              SIXTH YEAR Dori's sixth year was almost completely uneventful; given that Jess had graduated the year before, he didn't have much in the way of company, and spent most of his time alone, finding various ways to entertain himself. He was looking forward to his Summer, but before the brothers could board the train to return home, Hogsmeade Village was attacked. Dori was badly injured in the attack, and would have died, but Julius got between him and the killing curse that had been aimed his way. Tyson apparated them out, but the damage had been done.
              SEVENTH YEAR After the catastrophe at Hogsmeade, Dori became horribly depressed. In general, he masked it well, but the truth was, he wasn't very good at coping with the loss of his brother. His parents and remaining sibling didn't particularly help, and he found himself fighting with them constantly. Eventually things between him and his mother devolved into a screaming match, and he said some things he regrets, but nothing he doesn't think is true. He left immediately to seek comfort, going to Jess' flat. While there, she offered for him to move in with her. Two weeks later, the pair spent a day moving all of his things out of his parent's house and into her flat, while the couple was at work. The Xanders parents returned home to find a note from their youngest. His contact with his family has been minimal since then. His final year at school was mostly uneventful, at least for him. There were exams to worry about, and the oddity of his becoming Head Boy, but overall it was quiet, which he appreciated. He also took a part time position working at Jason's shop to help the Alpha out.

POST GRADUATION Immediately following graduation, Dori elected to keep his job at Dogweed and Deathcap in the meantime, figuring Jason could use the help, particularly since his former assistant Adalaide had quit without warning. In the future, he wants to go into Potion making, but for now he thinks he is needed, and given everything going on in his life, being needed makes him feel better.

xxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          FAMILY Parents Ryan and Morgan (NPCs) ■ Brother Tyson (NPC) ■ Brother Julius (deceased)
          FRIENDS Hoffman Heist ■ Miles McLellan ■ Jessamine Walsh ■ Rory Bolan ■ Kenneth Blake ■ Persephone Tempest
          BEST FRIEND Jessamine Walsh
          ROMANTIC INTEREST Girlfriend Jessamine Walsh
          ENEMIES - - -
          PACK Alpha Jason Hill ■ Miles McLellan ■ David Clarisse ■ Morven Vass
          PETS A Pomsky named Knight

Posted with permission granted by Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50