Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Entertainment: Books, Movies & Music
God's Cartoonist

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:24 pm
God's Cartoonist  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:16 pm
I haven't finished watching the documentary, but that one guy who said Jesus didn't hang out with the Pharisees, uh... >_> emotion_sweatdrop On the one hand, I'm not surprised because that collector doesn't seem to be a believer to begin with (if he's calling the content of the chicks tracts "fiction"), but I must say, his claim is not true:

Quote:
Luke 7:36 (NIV)

36 When one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, he went to the Pharisee’s house and reclined at the table.

Jesus "hung out" with everyone (prostitutes and Pharisees alike) to get them to repent. For friendship/fellowship purposes, on the otherhand, Jesus confided in the disciples.

Quote:
John 15:14-15 (NIV)

14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

edit: moved to Christian Entertainment subforum (unless there's actually a sermon in there? This looks like a documentary, so it's more of a movie than a sermon).  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm
real eyes realize
I haven't finished watching the documentary, but that one guy who said Jesus didn't hang out with the Pharisees, uh... >_> emotion_sweatdrop On the one hand, I'm not surprised because that collector doesn't seem to be a believer to begin with (if he's calling the content of the chicks tracts "fiction"), but I must say, his claim is not true:

Quote:
Luke 7:36 (NIV)

36 When one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, he went to the Pharisee’s house and reclined at the table.

Jesus "hung out" with everyone (prostitutes and Pharisees alike) to get them to repent. For friendship/fellowship purposes, on the otherhand, Jesus confided in the disciples.

Quote:
John 15:14-15 (NIV)

14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

edit: moved to Christian Entertainment subforum (unless there's actually a sermon in there? This looks like a documentary, so it's more of a movie than a sermon).

You're right Maria he isn't Christian, just an admirer of chick tracts and the artwork. He comes out with it towards the end. Lol, I said the same thing in my head when he said that...  
Christian Entertainment: Books, Movies & Music

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games