Total Votes : 6

The Unholy Yokai

Sparkly Sex Symbol

9,475 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:50 am
Well I'm dating my guy friend and were both in highschool. We have been dating for like 2 weeks now and its going okay. He though wanted an open relationship and at first I was like maybe and now I'm not sure. I do flirt too with other people but nothing heavy and also were not super close either and so I was wondering if I should go for it or not since I do think it would be nice but then again it could ruin our relationship.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:17 am
I wouldn't be in an open relationship that is so non-specific.

You should discuss what is and isn't okay, and how casual this relationship is. It sounds more like the relationship hasn't been considered anything official. He's not your boyfriend, just the guy you're dating. Which is okay, but you can't be misguided about what it is. So you need to be clear with him what you want.

Since you're just in High school your friends might think he's cheating if they see him with another girl, so you may need to prepare for this. I would talk to him about what you would consider okay, such as how physical you guys can get with other people (kissing, cuddling, sex, ect.)

Also ask yourself if you would prefer exclusivity or not.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

Queen Pansexual

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:53 am
Basically the above.

Set your boundaries.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:58 pm
PrincessFoxxyLove
Well I'm dating my guy friend and were both in highschool. We have been dating for like 2 weeks now and its going okay. He though wanted an open relationship and at first I was like maybe and now I'm not sure. I do flirt too with other people but nothing heavy and also were not super close either and so I was wondering if I should go for it or not since I do think it would be nice but then again it could ruin our relationship.

Honestly, I have to wonder if I am in one, as my boyfriend of almost three years knows that I have cheated on him several times (have a daughter from one of those encounters) and yet he is still by my side, but I honestly feel bad about it every time I think about it. So, I agree with everyone else who says talk to him and work together at setting what boundries you are both comfortable with.  

Starphyr

Timid Millionaire

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:26 am
As for your situation, I agree with a lot of what was said above: set your parameters, figure out what your real relationship with this guy is. The works.
I also think to point out that it's only been a couple of weeks, you're in high school: don't worry too much about "ruining the relationship." It's a big deal right now, and I get that. But if something does happen and you two don't work out, after some time it won't seem like that important of a thing anymore. If you two do work out, with some time it'll again be part of the past. Just take things one step at a time.

Personally I'd be fine with discussing an open relationship with my partner and establishing one if we could agree to terms. Maybe even a polyamorous relationship involving my parter, myself, and another all together. I dunno. I've got my whole life ahead of me to try different things.

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games