Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1x1] When the undead fight (Andrew/ Kenta) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:46 am
It was not typical for him to hang out in the training area. Really it wasn't. Andrew wasn't really a fighter. He knew that... but after having a bad experience with AJ, (even though he really won the fight) he had decided that he would no longer just play around.

So he lurked around the training area. Not many of the students approached him. Anyone else who was there had their own missions and he took just watching a fight. Andrew thought fighting was stupid over all, but now it was slowly becoming a necessary evil. He watched a pair spar with a small frown on his face.

robot kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:58 am
phantompanther13
I have no clue on how or what to do with battles... so I shall need your help plus a reread of the guide XD

Kenta closed his dorm door behind him and headed to the training area. He'd been in school for over a month now, and while he'd learned some stuff he hadn't been taught anything about fighting. Not really anyways. Maybe if he showed up at the training grounds he could find someone to spar with and teach him stuff....

Kenta entered and looked around. Most people already had partners or looked like they had plans from the preoccupied look on their faces as they moved around. But.. He sighed. There was just one who was lounging along the sidelines... a fire demon by the look of it. After all, he had a flaming tail, wings, horns, general arrogant and snotty air about him that said "DEMON."

Did he really want to mess with fire? Fire was... bad... not as bad as water in his opinion, but still. It hurt, was too bright and made the wolf inside him growl. Plus fire was harder to heal, it's damage couldn't be undone as easily thanks to his now undead body.....

Well, I'm not gonna leave without some sparring! And I just need to get over my fears, he growled to himself. What better way to help with that then face something with fire? I hope it doesn't hurt too much....

Stalking around the edges of the room, Kenta approached the demon. "You waiting for someone or looking for a sparring partner?" He asked.  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:00 am
A voice made him jump. He turned tail whipping away from the sudden person. He had not forgotten the tail incident AJ, and he learned to keep it well away from people for now.

An undead? Approached him? Andrew stared at him for a long moment. "I'm just watching at the moment." he turned to the other sparring couple that seemed to have been just wrapping up. "Why? you want to mess with fire? I'll wipe the floor with you." he spoke dryly. It was fact. Andrew had no doubt in his mind that a fight between the two of them would only have one result. He casually crossed his arms, and gave the undead a look over. There was hardly anything there but Andrew well knew that didn't mean he didn't have any strength. It just meant he was as inflammable as paper. If he so choose.

robot kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:38 am
phantompanther13

Kenta sighed and rolled his single eye. "I came over cause I need a partner. I haven't sparred at all since entering...." No he didn't want to play with fire, he didn't want to spar with this jerk... but no one else was available it looked like...
He barred his teeth at the other. "And you don't know who will wipe the floor with who... Don't look down on the undead, sparky." He couldn't let the other think him cowed just cause it was an older student who used fire.  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:01 pm
The teeth bothered him. they were a reminder that he could be eaten... but Andrew wasn't so small any more. and he would just have to get over teeth... and.. mostly he had the advantage anyway.

But his words brought a smile to Andrew's face. "Sparky? I had a friend names Sparky once." the undead wasn't afraid of him... that or he was out to prove something. This intrigued Andrew. Was it possible for an undead to not panic during a fight with a flame demon? That would open up... possibilities. His thoughts drifted to Olivia wondering if she could one day get over it.

"Alright you are on. Just tell me when you want to stop." yep, still no doubts about who would be the winner. Not even one.

robot kitten
edit: roll a 1d20 for initiative. highest one goes first.

robot kitten rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:07 pm
phantompanther13
Kenta relaxed slightly when the Demon didn't continue to act so.. arrogant. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad. He walked out to a sparring space and looked at the other.

"Name's Kenta. And what should I call you other than Sparky?"

He could be polite too... Plus Loran would have his head if his guardian ever heard of him being too rude.

Combat Info

HP: 30/30

To Attack: 2D6 -6 ( Greater than 0 means I hit)
Damage: The number rolled on the To Hit die minus the modifier (I roll 2 D6 and get 8. 8-6=2. I deal 2 damage!).
Defend: 1D4 (cannot attack while doing so) You can defend another, this means that I do not get the defense and take full damage while the other person subtracts my defense roll from what ever damage they take.

Abilities
Year 1: The Barrier (Supportive type move)
Drowning Man's Howl: Kentra howls in a loud chilling wail that sounds like a voice coming from under the water- really echoing, cold, and hungry.
Affects the opponent somehow (fear, irritation, startled by creepy sound/loud noise or what ever, their choice) and they aren't hitting quite as hard for some reason.

By concentrating their Fear, disciples of this technique can materialize their Fear into a physical shield or Barrier. In combat, damage is subtracted first from the Barrier then the protected's HP. This effect can be used to protect yourself OR another character.
Tier One:
Dice: 1d4 (This Dice: indicates how many turns the Barrier will last. )
1-2: 1 Turn
3-4: 2 Turns
Amount: 5/5

Clear Eyes:
Battle Effect: Once per battle, if you roll a miss on a normal melee roll, you may reroll your dice roll.

Beginner Trashbot Summon:
Battle Effect: A character can summon their pocket-sized Trashbot to aid them in battle, the Trahsbot acting like a small clockwork explosive. Roll a 4-sided dice. This is the damage you do the opponent. You forfeit your normal battle attack turn if you want to use this attack.

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

phantompanther13 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:16 pm
"Andrew is fine." Not that he cared all that much about being called sparky. It was a more apt fit than Cool Boil or fire brat as Miasma called him.

"Alright, let's see what you got Kenta." he lit his hands on fire letting the flames roll across his fingers. It didn't hurt to pull a little intimidation before the fight started.

Another side of his brain woke up, one part was irritating him, something about dogs... another one was sizing the boil up, deciding how he would do in a fight, how he would do when it came to other things...

HP: 40/40
Action:
Damage:
Fear: T1 Battle cry [unused] + T2 Swift strikes [unused]

robot kitten
go ahead.

journal link  
robot kitten rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:28 pm
phantompanther13
Using Fear attack for a lil boost! You can either attack OR defend OR use ability right?

Kenta, in response to the fire being summoned threw back his head and howled; he'd learned to put Fear into it, Fear to effect the other who heard it and make them less able to attack him.

It sounded like a sound issued from a dying man as he drowned; a deep chilling echo to it that could be felt in the bones.

T1 Barrier in effect!: 5/5
Damage: None
Target: Self: Fear Attack: Barrier in effect for 2 rounds.
Effect: None  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

phantompanther13 rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-16)

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:35 pm
What was that? Andrew quickly put his hands over his ears. That sound, it was terrible. "Oh Jack off...." he grumbled. it didn't hurt but is sounded eerily like someone drowning, and Andrew really didn't like water.

His hands never went out of battle mode so yes, he did hold fire right up to his ears, he did not seem bothered by it in the least.

Action: attack
Damage: miss

robot kitten
looks right to me.

robot kitten rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 3 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:40 am
Kenta was amused by the others reaction; he knew that particular howl unnerved people.. it was why he used it! While the other glared at him aend covered his ears with his flaming hands, He leaped forward to slash at the opening with his claws.

He may not have cat claws which were like blades, but a wolf's claws were still dangerous! Bite was worse.... but Knta didn't feel like biting something that was on fire.

T1 Barrier in effect!: 5/5 (round 2)
Damage: 7-6 = 1!
Target: Andrew
Effects: none

phantompanther13
Le gasp! I did 1 damage! XD

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

phantompanther13 rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 7 Total: 11 (2-16)

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:04 am
Kenta's small advantage did not last long. Andrew's head snapped up at the scratch and the threw a punch back, ruining whatever the Howl had just done. Fire burned right through it, though Andrew did miss his intended target, namely Kenta.

"I'm not sure what that was supposed to do... but it won't work again."

Damage: 5

robot kitten

robot kitten rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 2 Total: 8 (2-12)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:48 am
HP: 25/30
Damage: 8-6 = 2!

Kenta moved out of the way of the fire in time to miss it... but not the punch following. He growled as it hit and smirked at the other boil.

"But you admit it worked." Even if only for a bit... I need to work on that, he thought as he lashed his foot out to hook the other's ankles, attempting to trip him.

phantompanther13

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

phantompanther13 rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 2 Total: 7 (2-16)

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:52 pm
Andrew felt his leg almost go out so he shifted his weight and picked it up. Wings flapping to orient himself. Using the foot already in the air, he kicked the foot that tried to trip him away from himself.

"Yeah it worked. But that didn't."

HP: 38/40
Damage: 1

robot kitten

robot kitten rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 1 Total: 3 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:59 pm
HP: 24/30
Damage: 0

He let his foot get kicked away and slid his wait on to it to shift t the other side, his claws slashing as he moved, while he sniped back; "Well, it was worth a try. Those wings look like they're heavy.. one could hope you'd fall on your a**."
He'd laugh if it happened. Irritating fire demon....

phantompanther13

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

phantompanther13 rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 6 Total: 14 (2-16)

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:20 am
"They aren't heavy at all." a little unwieldy at times perhaps but that was besides the point. as if to prove his point, in fact to prove his point Andrew gave them a flap and put himself into the air for just a moment, in order to kick the werewolf with his foot.

Gravity was his friend as he landed it.

HP: 38/40
Damage: 1

robot kitten
I'm sorry! I must have lost this. I did not intend to lose it, plus I've been a loser about rp lately. T.T

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff