Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
culture blaming

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:22 pm
I ran into a really very mouthy Atheist today and his leading arguments was just a bunch of crap about the culture of the world back in biblical days about how way back then if you were even a fraction as evil as people are now they would just up and kill you.
as usual he hid behind hate mongering and ignorance refusing to see any logic or even talk about the things he claimed, he just threw it out there and whined about it. saying that we are evil because we believe that people like homosexuals deserve to die.
yes sin is wrong and yes people were killed for the sins back in the day because plainly it was the law but it is not what Jesus teaches. is there anything else you guys can share as to how to inform the ignorant about this?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:04 pm
As they say, 'one bad apple spoils the bunch'. Had they been allowed to live, it's possible they may have caused a great deal of corruption among the people. Think of it like this. Likely, in their sin, they would have caused another person to sin. That person in turn would cause another to sin, and so on and so forth. I don't know if this is why the OT law is the way it is, but that's my guess.

Also, those who committed such crimes/sins did so knowing full well it was wrong and that they would be killed if they were caught doing it.

I would say...of course we believe sinners deserve death. Guess what though? That includes ourselves. It isn't some high and mighty thing (although some people use it as such...that's incorrect to do so, though.). It's a humility thing. It's an 'I am a sinner and I deserve death, but because Jesus died for my sin, I can instead live' thing. It is not for us to look down on people and be all 'You deserve death, your horrible, wretched cretin! D<' We are to look on them with love, and our hearts are to ache because they are lost. Any Christian that tells a homosexual or any other sinner they deserve to die in any manner other than 'the wages of sin is death...but there is good news, you don't have to die' sort of thing (but ideally not quite like that or they may throw something at you XD) is missing the point entirely. We're not here to condemn the world, but to try and point them to Jesus. Lovingly. Condemning will not bring others to Christ, it will only turn them away.  

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces