They are Al-Qaeda's splinter group. I just heard about them today: ISIS = "Islamic State of Iraq and Syria" (also known as ISIL, "Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant"). Apparently, they're killing people in Iraq, including Christians, but the reason I bring them up is because of their method(s) of execution: beheading, gun shot and crucifixion. eek

The Jerusalem Post on 6/29/2014
ISIS al-Qaida splinter group declares Islamic 'Caliphate'

By REUTERS                        06/29/2014 21:49

[...]

In Syria, the group has alienated many civilians and opposition activists by imposing harsh rulings against dissent, even beheading and crucifying opponents, in areas it controls.

[...]

Full article: http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/ISIS-al-Qaida-splinter-group-declares-Islamic-Caliphate-360946

Israel National News on 3/18/2014

Somalian Islamists Publicly Execute Christian Women

Al Qaeda-linked Al Shabaab forces children to watch mother's execution; aims to 'wipe out' country's tiny Christian community.

By Ari Soffer

First Publish: 3/18/2014, 11:14 AM

Two Christian women were publicly beheaded by Islamist terrorists in southeastern Somalia, as part of a campaign to "wipe out" any Christian presence in the east African country.

[...]

Full article: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/178624#.U7slvtKI-r8

news.com.au on 6/30/2014
ISIS fanatics publicly crucify nine men in Syria as rival militias in Iraq prove just as brutal

This story was published: 8 DAYS AGO JUNE 30, 2014 8:07AM

[...]

The crucifxions came amid fierce clashes on the outskirts of Damascus between ISIS and other anti-Assad rebels, according to the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.

“ISIL executed eight men in Deir Hafer in the east of Aleppo province” on Saturday because they belonged to rebel groups that had fought against the jihadists as well as Assad’s forces, it said. The group then “crucified them in the main square of the village, where their bodies will remain for three days.”

Also in Aleppo province, a ninth man was crucified for eight hours as a form of punishment in Al-Bab town near the border with Turkey.

He survived the ordeal.

[...]

Full article: http://www.news.com.au/world/isis-fanatics-publicly-crucify-nine-men-in-syria-as-rival-militias-in-iraq-prove-just-as-brutal/story-fndir2ev-1226971690908

This week, there was a video circulating around of ISIS beheading three men. I watched it. But it's not "PG-13" and I would be breaking the rules for posting it ( sweatdrop ). My reaction to this is bittersweet: horrible death (I cringed throughout the whole time I managed to watch, didn't finish watching it), but I'm reminded of Revelation 20:4

Revelation 20:4 (ESV)

4 Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

May we all "love not [our] lives unto the death" - Rv 12:11

note: I can't tell what religion the crucified victims were.