Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Music Club ~ [[Open 2061-2062]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:31 am

User Image♩♯⌬
ANGIER HUIYAN ZHENG

first year || Slytherin || halfbood
Adventurer's Guild wizard || Astronomy club nerd || Music club violinist and cellist

Angier dragged both cello and violin up the stairs to the music club, low-key panicking by the time he found the room and made his way in. He’d meant to find the room much earlier, but in the few days before the club met, he had found his dorm was a perfectly fine place to practice, and his roommate seemed chill with his practicing in the dorm as long as they weren’t actively trying to sleep.

Surprisingly, there weren’t that many people in the club. He jotted his information on the form and handed it in, glancing around at the older students. ”Music Club? Are auditions here? Err first meeting? Speaking of, is there any way I can sit in on music classes as a first year?”

He wasn’t sure which instrument they’d have him play first-- or even if he needed to audition. He’d prepared two songs on each just in case--stuff he’d been working on in the spring and summer before coming to Hogwarts anyways. And Angier hadn’t failed an audition yet. So whatever these magical people threw at him, he was pretty sure this he would be fine at.

Angier Zheng - Slytherin
Year: 1
What instruments do you play (voice counts!)?: violin, cello
What instruments have you brought with you?: violin, cello
What instruments will you need to borrow?: none
What instruments can you lend to others?: I guess they can borrow my instruments? I have a spare bow and strings for both as well.
Are you interested in giving lessons? On what instrument?: Sure. See above.
Do you wish to take lessons? On what instrument?: Sure. On either instrument.
Anything else?: --

setting Music Club 2054 || with People
appearance 4’5” + glasses || wearing black polo shirt and slacks
status Soooo is there an audition?

Cinnabun Gryffie

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Well, you were the aftermath
Of every judgment
So cold by the sweat that
You'll waste away
And you carry your enemies
But they're so familiar
I'm sick of the company
So I cull the shame
⌬♩♯
"Mirror" by Porter Robinson.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:55 am

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

seventh year || Gryffindor prefect || pureblood
Drama club director|| Music club || Order of the Stick || Quidditch announcer

Sparrow skipped along her usual route to Music, humming the chorus from a song she was working on for Violence and Vodka, the musical she and Yukon had started working on a few years ago. There were a few measures she had stuck in her head now, but no idea where to put them.

When she arrived, fashionably late, she beamed at Mattie before realizing there was a form. Had there always been forms for Music? Well! Sparrow hummed as she filled it out before plopping the completed form in a pile with the others. She sang her greeting, beaming around at the others. ”Good morning Music Club!~ What’s on the agenda for today, fearless leader?”

Sparrow Kiya Winchester - Gryffindor
Year: 7
What instruments do you play (voice counts!)?: voice (and minimal piano)
What instruments have you brought with you?: Myself!
What instruments will you need to borrow?: A piano if needed.
What instruments can you lend to others?: My voice? I can probably get access to instruments though
Are you interested in giving lessons? On what instrument?: I’d love to teach singing or music theory or music history!
Do you wish to take lessons? On what instrument?: Always happy to learn more!
Anything else?: I’m currently working on a musical so may ask people for their advice on music!

setting Music Club, September 2054 || with Mattie, Simon
appearance 5'7", soft and squishy || hair color aquamarine-peach ponytail || wearing very asymmetrical green poncho outfit
status Music time~

It'll be totally strange
But wow! Am I so ready for this change
'Cause for the first time in forever
There'll be music, there'll be light!

♡♥
~"For the First Time in Forever" by Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel from Frozen, cover by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Mattie"Matilda Rose Harper
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 4th Year> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Music Club Leader and Dueling Club and Fite Club Member><Budding Artist of the Sword><Reserve Beater>
Wearing: A red sundress and combat boots
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Mattie noted some of the confusion of paperwork at the start of the club and she felt her cheeks go hot. Of course springing something like this on the club was going to be a bad idea. They probably thought she was power hungry or awful or fussy or something bad... anything bad for that matter. Mattie forced a smile that did not match her inner mood when Simon Blake came in. She only nodded once to his question on whether she was excited about running the show. She was normally but today was not what she considered normal. She let out a small awkward laugh when he said changes are already in order, "I don't plan to mix much up, please trust me on that." Normally she would be confident in her request for trust but confidence was hard when negativity overtook her thoughts. "I have some rhythms for a few of the songs I wrote over the summer and I would love for you to take a listen to them. Would I be able to borrow you some this year for that?"

She was still holding her smile that drained her energy as a first year entered the room. If Mattie could leach some of the boy's energy off of him so she could feel half way herself she would. Instead she was going to do her best to have a good first meeting and stand up for her idea of having forms so people had a better idea on the different talents in the club and they could all help and learn from each other better that way. The first year was dragging not one instrument but two! He filled out the form quickly and started to ask questions. "Yes," Mattie agreed regarding the music club, "I'm Mattie Harper, the Music Club Captain... though I'm involved in a few other things as well. As for auditions I hope to not disappoint... we don't turn away anyone unless they act like a right... right jerk." Mattie was about to say another word but she figured swearing in front of a first year was not a good way to start out her time as Club Captain. "I would suggest focusing on your first year classes before adding another to your load. First year, right? It's the time to find your footing. Speaking of footing, be careful on the staircases."

She folded her arms behind her as she noticed all the while she spoke her hands wrung back and forth and together as her nerves and current negative thoughts nagged her. She was quickly relieved to see her good friend Sparrow. The wonderful friend that had gotten Mattie her first guitar before it was brutally murdered by her psychotic... no, Mattie decided as she ignored the horrid memory. Now she had the beauty secured to her by Callie. Her brother could have dated far worse. "Paperwork is on the agenda," Mattie said before waving her hands and said quickly, "Um... it can be optional but filling it out will help all of us be better musicians. Like if you wanted to start a band it is useful to know who plays what or likes to sing and such. Or maybe you wanted to learn something well if someone is willing to teach..." She trailed off before quickly saying, "And then we just kind of can jump into performances like usual. Let's try to just enjoy ourselves?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                𝐼 𝓇𝑒𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓎 𝓂𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝑜𝓉𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓅𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽 𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓅𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓃𝑒
                                                𝒯𝓇𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝐼 𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Freedom? Freedom is quite a big thing to ask for, dear
                                                I find you have to learn to grasp it yourself
                                                Rarely is it simply given
                                                Perhaps you'll find your own way in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

addaellis

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:19 pm

User Image♩♯⌬
ANGIER HUIYAN ZHENG

Adventurer's Guild wizard || Astronomy club nerd || Music club violinist and cellist

”Angier Zheng, violinist and cellist,” Angier replied when Music Club Captain Mattie Harper introduced herself. She expressed that the Music Club didn’t turn anyone away unless they were a jerk. He let that sit for a moment, realizing this was more a melting pot than an orchestra. More like fun pub nights than concert settings. He rolled his shoulders back with a grin. ”Gotcha.”

Mattie also suggested he focus on his first year classes before adding more, and made a joke about the stairs. ”Eh. I’ll be fine with classes.” Angier had never gotten below a B in muggle schooling, and he was usually top of the class. He’d glanced through their textbooks and sure nothing made sense now, but he was sure everything would come together during class. He’d be fine. Besides, music wasn’t just another class, it was his thing! He was going to push the topic when a colorful girl arrived and took Mattie’s attention for the moment:

”That makes sense!” the hyper older student said. ”Besides it’s about time the music club has some written records of its members and what instruments people had access to. I love it! We should totally start a band! Mattie, you on guitar, me on voice. Simon, you’ll be our drummer, And you! That’s violin? Or viola? And cello?” she asked, guessing by the size of his instruments.

”Violin and cello, yeah.” He turned towards Mattie as Sparrow prattled on about having rejected songs bursting out of her. Angie reached for his case, grabbing a chair and taking out his cello. ”Are performances just open mic, come as you please? I’ve a few pieces. Prepared them in case there was an audition process.”

status Cool. Pub nights are back.

Cinnabun Gryffie

Of every judgment
You'll waste away
But they're so familiar
I'm sick of the company
So I cull the shame
⌬♩♯

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:55 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Music Room
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mattie Harper, Sparrow Winchester, Angier Zheng
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Music Club
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? They all want to play with me?
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Overjoyed then Excited

Simon nodded back when Mattie said she wasn't planning to mix up too much. That was good. He never had been terribly good with change... She then mentioned having a few rhythm schemes for some of her songs, and she wanted him to listen! Simon grinned brightly, hair changing to a jam pink in excitement. Quickly, he signed his response. "I would love nothing more! Please let me know any time, and I'll gladly help play and work the tunes."

As more people walked in, his hair faded back to a lighter pink, still quite excited. The boy who came in, a first year, if Simon remembered his conversation with Kai correctly, asked if there were auditions, as well as if he could sit in on the third plus year classes. Honestly, Simon was pretty sure the kid could work out a deal with the professor. Luckily, Mattie seemed to have an answer for the kid. She seemed like she knew what she was doing. At that moment, a very familiar, very friendly person popped in, full of excitement as always. Simon sent a tiny wave over to Sparrow, a small grin on his lips.

Sparrow, of course, asked what was on the docket, and Mattie mentioned the paperwork coming in handy. Apparently they'd all have access to them, in case they wanted to form up groups. That was a pretty good idea, actually. Sparrow seemed thrilled by the notion, then started forming a band. When he was pointed out as the drummer, his hair streaked with an electric green of surprise, but quickly faded back to pink. His eyes, however, remained electric green and a lagoon blue, expressing his surprise and indecision. Sparrow seemed so excited, but Simon wasn't sure why everyone was assuming him to be some sort of top-notch musician. He'd only really learned from his dad and from Grandma Reid....

When Angier asked about performances, Simon quickly signed over, not registering that most people didn't know any BSL, let alone enough to understand Simon's quick movements. "Just take your turn, then go for it. Unless Mattie added it, there's never been auditions before. I didn't prepare anything if there are..." He flushed a bit, finishing his signed words. Maybe Mattie or Sparrow knew enough to translate? Otherwise, well, he always carried his whiteboard and about a million markers around for just such reasons.

{{Wearing xx}}
                                                                mc2

addaellis

I'ʟʟ ᴅɪssᴏʟᴠᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ ᴘᴏᴜʀs ɪɴ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ,
                                                                I ᴡɪʟʟ sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴡʟɪɴɢ ᴡɪɴᴅ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴀ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ.
                                                                Dɪᴢᴢʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴀ sᴛᴀʀ ʟɪʟʏ ᴘɪɴᴋ, ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴜɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴅs ᴛᴏᴏ ꜰʟᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙʟɪɴᴋ,
                                                                Bᴜᴛ ɪᴄʏ ʙʟᴜᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀɪʀʏᴛᴀʟᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴛʀᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴘᴀʀᴋʟᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏʟᴅ.
                                                                Bᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ʟᴜʟʟᴀʙɪᴇs, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅᴀᴍᴘᴇɴ ᴍʏ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴇʏᴇs, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:22 am

User Image♩♯⌬
ANGIER HUIYAN ZHENG

As he set up his cello, Angier realized the other kid was signing to him. He squinted at the boy’s hands, trying to keep up with the quick movements. Angie wasn’t sure why he tried. He blinked, and replied back with the only (and all) the sign language he knew: HI. How are you? Sorry. Thank you.”

Sparrow, the teal-peach hair colored girl, didn’t seem to know much either, but she got the gist of it and translated aloud, ”This is Simon! I think roughly he was talking about performances? Basically we just take turns, so go for it! Sometimes people will join in on their own instruments if they know the song too! Very freestyle. What did you prepare?”

”Excerpt from Bach’s Cello suite in G major. Part 3 of variation uh... 1007” Angier replied, adding another Thank you. to Simon as he pulled his sheet music binder out. He poked the electronic tuner he had tucked in his binder, which started freaking out the moment he turned on, lights and figures flashing wildly before going dark. ”Uh...I heard something about electronics messing up around magic. How does music-tuning work?”

status Magic tuning??

Also I have no idea about magical tuning but figure we can figure it out! XD

mc2

Cinnabun Gryffie

Of every judgment
You'll waste away
But they're so familiar
I'm sick of the company
So I cull the shame
⌬♩♯

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:21 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Drums
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Opening Music Club and Drumming Aerosmith
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This song bops
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Creative

Simon had gotten a letter this summer asking him to be co-captain for Music Club. It had been... strange. All summer, he'd kept his hair down, trying to figure out his moods... gender.... everything else. He had spent countless hours at the library, secretly reading books in back corners, hoping no one would notice. Kai at one point had asked about his hair, but Simon... well, kinda kicked him a bit to shut him up. His dads didn't know, heck, no one in the family knew, as far as he was aware. He sighed as he walked the familiar path to the music room, pushing open the door. Mattie wasn't here yet, so he figured he'd get the room ready for her.

He set the chairs around the room, placing instruments in their normal spots. Using a bit of magic, Simon made sure everything looked perfect. If he was going to be co-captain, he wanted to do a good job. Mattie did great last year, so he had a lot to do. Setting out the sign in forms Mattie had made last year, Simon waited nervously. What if he'd missed something? With a glance over at the drum kit he so usually sat behind, Simon moved there, somewhere more comfortable. Pulling out his drumsticks, Simon started a song, tapping along to the beat. As he moved, he bobbed along to the rhythm, singing the song in his head since he'd never dare to sing aloud. Honestly, he wasn't even sure if he could sing.

[color=firebrick/goldenrod/darkblue/darkgreen][b]Character Name[/b] - [i]House[/i][/color]
                                                                [b]Year:[/b]
                                                                [b]What instruments do you play (voice counts!)?:[/b]
                                                                [b]What instruments have you brought with you?:[/b]
                                                                [b]What instruments will you need to borrow?:[/b]
                                                                [b]What instruments can you lend to others?:[/b]
                                                                [b]Are you interested in giving lessons? On what instrument?:[/b]
                                                                [b]Do you wish to take lessons? On what instrument?:[/b]
                                                                [b]Anything else?:[/b]

{{Wearing :: Slouchy Clothes Playing :: Dream On Drum Cover}}
          I ᴡɪʟʟ sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴡʟɪɴɢ ᴡɪɴᴅ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴀ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ.
          Dɪᴢᴢʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴀ sᴛᴀʀ ʟɪʟʏ ᴘɪɴᴋ, ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴜɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴅs ᴛᴏᴏ ꜰʟᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙʟɪɴᴋ,
          Bᴜᴛ ɪᴄʏ ʙʟᴜᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀɪʀʏᴛᴀʟᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴛʀᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴘᴀʀᴋʟᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏʟᴅ.
          Bᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ʟᴜʟʟᴀʙɪᴇs, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅᴀᴍᴘᴇɴ ᴍʏ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴇʏᴇs, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:21 am

User Image♩♯⌬
ANGIER HUIYAN ZHENG

second year || Slytherin || halfbood
Adventurer's Guild warlock || Astronomy club nerd || Music club violinist and cellist

So it turned out first years really couldn’t start in Music. That was fine, he’d just practice on his own. And even though he said it casually, Angier had made good on that assertion: at least two hours every day– except on Fridays, but he more than made up for Fridays on the weekends.

He was surprised none of his roommates had kicked him out yet.

Anyways, it was Sunday afternoon, which meant Music Club time, so Angier headed there with his cello strapped to his back and violin in his hand. Hey, it looked like he was pretty early. He raised a hand in silent greeting to Simon, motioning for Simon to keep going, then scrawled out the paperwork before setting up his cello.

He grabbed a chair where he could watch and listened, nodding to Simon’s beat and getting a sense of the music. Once he got at least the time Simon was in and a sense of how Simon was going, Angier put his bow to the string, improvising something that went along. He kept his eye on Simon, watching for cues for when the drummer might shift tones or want to spice things up.

Angier Zheng - Slytherin
Year: 2
What instruments do you play (voice counts!)?: violin and cello
What instruments have you brought with you?: violin and cello
What instruments will you need to borrow?: none
What instruments can you lend to others?: violin and cello, as long as I’m not using them and they know what they’re doing.
Are you interested in giving lessons? On what instrument?: Sure. For violin and cello.
Do you wish to take lessons? On what instrument?: Sure. For violin or cello.
Anything else?: We should do concerts. Prepare a few pieces and do some stuff outside after dark. I'll mix drinks

setting Music Club Gathering, First meeting of 205-56 year || with Percussionist Simon
appearance 4’9” + glasses || wearing Oversized Outer Wilds tee and jeans
status Pub-club open mic nights

And I know you'll say how I'm a burden
Yeah, do your worst all at once
I know what you want from me, from me
I know what you're thinking
And it's not the voice of all the others
You've only said it to yourself
I know what you want form me, from me
I know what you're thinking
They come to feel like things we're saying to ourselves.
⌬♩♯

addaellis

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:09 am
User Image
"Mattie"Matilda Rose Harper
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 5th Year> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Music Club Leader and Dueling Club and Fite Club Member><Budding Artist of the Sword Leader><Beater and Vice Captain>
Wearing: Lace Maxi Dress and Combat boots

The professors were catching on. Of course they did. Wasn't that their job? It was madness for Mattie to run or help run half a dozen clubs with her electives and being her OWL year. Mattie wasn't worried about studying for her OWLs. She paid attention in her classes and did her homework and did okay on tests, why would the OWLs be any different.

Still, she was immensely thankful to Simon for stepping up to help lead. He even had everything set up for the club already! Mattie hugged her guitar case to her with a grin briefly before setting it down next to the drum set Simon sat at. She signed with broken-BSL "Thanks. You're a lifesaver." She headed over and began to fill out her own form for the club.

Matilda Rose Harper (Mattie) - Gryffindor
                                                Year: 5th Year
                                                What instruments do you play (voice counts!)?: Voice, Guitar, Piano
                                                What instruments have you brought with you?: Guitar
                                                What instruments will you need to borrow?: Piano
                                                What instruments can you lend to others?: None
                                                Are you interested in giving lessons? On what instrument?: Yes, on guitar and piano
                                                Do you wish to take lessons? On what instrument?: Yes, on anything!
                                                Anything else?: As Co-Leader I'm open to any and all suggestions.

𝐼 𝓇𝑒𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓎 𝓂𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝑜𝓉𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓅𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽 𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓅𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓃𝑒
                                                𝒯𝓇𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝐼 𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Freedom? Freedom is quite a big thing to ask for, dear
                                                I find you have to learn to grasp it yourself
                                                Rarely is it simply given
                                                Perhaps you'll find your own way in

Gryffindor!
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:12 pm
User Image
♡ Aria ♡ Artemisia Rosalie League ♡
xxxxxx
Time: 2055-2056

Aria was not the musician that most of the members of Music Club imagined themselves. Since the blonde Mattie had taken over a sense of organization seemed to be spawned though now it looked the colorful Simon was passing out forms. Perhaps Mattie stepped down for some reason. She was there, though, and the girl seemed more enthused about music than most. More enthused than Aria was, not that that was saying much. Aria could play most pieces on the piano barring the limitation of the fact she couldn't reach a full octave but at the end of the day she got more joy listening to music such as her Uncle David's playing on the baby grand at her mother's condo or his townhouse. That was the magic for Aria. Still, she learned piano because why not.

She nodded to Simon at a loss of what to say since the two couldn't have a proper conversation without quills or pens and paper. For all the languages Aria knew she never learned sign language. After filling out the paper she turned it in and went to find a seat for the start of the meeting.

Artemisia Rosalie League - Gryffindor
                                                Year: 3rd
                                                What instruments do you play (voice counts!)?: piano
                                                What instruments have you brought with you?: none
                                                What instruments will you need to borrow?: piano due to size
                                                What instruments can you lend to others?: n/a
                                                Are you interested in giving lessons? On what instrument?: I can on piano
                                                Do you wish to take lessons? On what instrument?: not really
                                                Anything else?: I'd rather watch and listen than play myself but I have had years of lessons on the piano

Not your mother, indeed
                                                Looking for bigger, better things, are you?
                                                Well, I'm sure you'll find them in

Gryffindor!
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:29 pm
User Image
                                              You got a f a s t car
                                              I want a ticket to a n y w h e r e

╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Mason Olson
                                              Eleven Years Old - First Year - Hufflepuff - Halfblood
                                              ╚════════════════════════════╝

Mason was very interested in joining the Music Club. He didn’t even know there was one until after he was sorted. Stupid Taylor didn’t tell him although all she seems to do is talk. He had even brought his mini keyboard to Hogwarts so he didn’t have to go all year without having some sort of piano, but obviously the full sized piano was much better and allowed him to practice and continue to get better. As the first year walked down the hall, he could hear faint drumming coming from one of the rooms. Sounds like I’m getting close! he realized, speeding up a bit as his excitement grew. As he got closer, the sound of a cello seemed to be coming from the same direction. Finally, Mason had arrived. Upon walking in, he noticed a rather colourful older student playing drums and another, younger student playing the cello. Two girls were also seated, filling out forms. Mason walked in quietly, not wanting to interrupt the jam session, and began filling out his own form.

Mason Olson - Hufflepuff
                                              Year: First
                                              What instruments do you play (voice counts!)?: Piano
                                              What instruments have you brought with you?: Mini keyboard
                                              What instruments will you need to borrow?: A full size piano
                                              What instruments can you lend to others?: Mini keyboard, sometimes
                                              Are you interested in giving lessons? On what instrument?: I can only play the piano
                                              Do you wish to take lessons? On what instrument?: I like the piano
                                              Anything else?: I prefer to play on a full sized piano rather than on my keyboard. I only brought it to Hogwarts as it’s small and easy to carry around

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Maybe we make a d e a l
                                              Maybe t o g e t h e r we can get somewhere

Cinnabun Gryffie
addaellis
mc2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:48 pm
User Image Location: Music Club
------------- With Whom: Others
Feeling: Determined
------------- Thoughts: I can use Violin or fiddle as I chase bad guys

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Stella Stone
House: Slytherin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stella smiled widely as she didn't know an instrument or anything, but she was willing to learn. She kind of settled on wanting to learn Fiddle or Violin, even if she had to teach herself. She looked around to find out who was in charge. She ended up looking at Simon as he looked to be the oldest,so she assumed he was the head. Though he was in the middle of playing the drums, She walked up to him and handed him her form when she felt was the right moment and said "Hi, I am Stella, Stella Stone. I want to join music club if that is alright." The Form read:

Stella Stone - Slytherin
Year: First
What instruments do you play (voice counts!)?: None, well I do sing a little.
What instruments have you brought with you?: None, sorry I am under prepared
What instruments will you need to borrow?: Violin, Fiddle
What instruments can you lend to others?: None, sorry
Are you interested in giving lessons? On what instrument?: I am not comfortable enough to give vocal lessons.
Do you wish to take lessons? On what instrument?: Yes, on Violin and Fiddle
Anything else?: I would like to join as I enjoy music and am wanting to find a way to learn Violin and Fiddle.

~"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and
some have greatness thrust upon 'em." ~Shakespeare

Cinnabun Gryffie

The French Auror

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:28 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Angier, Mattie, Aria, Mason, Stella
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Good thing I can't communicate...
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Uneasy

Simon was getting really into the beat of his music, not noticing someone else joined until they literally joined in the music. When the cello began, Simon looked over, an electric green taking over his hair with his surprise. When he saw it was Angier, he double tapped his sticks, resuming the song with a grin. It sounded super cool, anyway. Next to wander in was Mattie, Simon's co-leader of the club. Well, technically he was the co-leader... but still. She signed that he was a lifesaver, so he sent back a grin, hair swooping and turning a proud blue. He'd respond when he had free hands.

Aria was next, the redhead simply nodding over at Simon. He nodded back, hair shifting to a carrot-y orange hue. Another boy joined, this one not someone Simon knew. His hair swirled a bit, the tips of the orange lightening to a playful yellow. As he finished the song and grinned over toward Angier, a first year girl walked over, handing him her form and introducing herself. His fiery hair turned to a cool grey a bit of worry in his soul. This kid didn't know him and there was approximately a 98.5% chance that she wouldn't know BSL either. Just in case, he sent a timid smile, then signed as his hair changed to a soft jade.

"Hi Stella, I'm Simon, one of the leaders. You are more than welcome to join, and I'm sure we can find someone to show you violin. I'm not sure we have a fiddler, though."

{{Wearing :: Slouchy Clothes Playing :: Dream On Drum Cover}}
          addaellis

mc2

kiska166

The French Auror

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:02 am
User Image Location: Music Club
------------- With Whom: someone she believes to be the club leader.
Feeling: confused and slightly embarrassed
------------- Thoughts: Oh crud, oh crud, oh crud, need to find parchment

Name: Stella Stone
House: Slytherin

Stella's eyes widened. She had no idea what Simon was signing. She assumed he was trying to say he was deaf, but was unsure. She frantically tried to find parchment and a quill. She finally found one and came back to him. She wrote Hi I am Stella, I am sorry, I didn't realize you were deaf. Are you a leader of this club? I would love to join music club and learn Violin, if that is alright. I am sorry. I think you are in my brother's house, not sure if you know him, his name is Ferb. Stella handed the parchment over to Simon, she felt embarrassed, but she hoped that writing would help.

~"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and
some have greatness thrust upon 'em." ~Shakespeare

The French Auror

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:31 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Angier, Mattie, Aria, Mason, Stella
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Good thing I can't communicate...
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Uneasy

Simon watched as Stella's eyes grew wide and she scurried off. Well... shoot. His hair turned a soft carribbean green with his curiosity, eyes following the blonde as she seemingly searched for parchment and a pen. She came back, offering a note apologizing for not realizing he was deaf, (when it was quite the opposite, indeed) then explained that she'd like to learn violin. She also noted her brother, Ferb, was in his class. As Simon tried to remember which first year had been Ferb, his hair swirled to an orangey-yellow hue. When he remembered, his hair burst into a bright pink with his excitement.

He nodded, then held up one finger, hoping to convey to wait a moment. Getting up and moving to his bag, Simon pulled out his trusty whiteboard and a few markers. He hurried back, gesturing for Stella to follow to some chairs. Once there, he handed her a purple marker, then used his own blue to write in his tiny script. "Hi Stella, and welcome to music club. My name is Simon, and I'm one of the two leaders. Mattie is the other. Don't worry, I'm not deaf so you're free to speak aloud. I'm closer to mute, so I prefer signing or writing, whichever you're more comfortable with.

As for Ferb, I do remember him, he seems very nice. And for violin lessons, we can ask Angier. He's good with violin and cello, I'm sure he'd be willing to help. Let me know if you'd like me to introduce you."
                                                                Okay, so he only knew Angier would be willing because it said so in his forms... so what! Simon handed over the board, offering a smile as his hair shifted to a carrot orange as his social battery seemed to fill up.

{{Wearing :: Slouchy Clothes Playing :: Radio Silence}}
          #A46582
          addaellis

The French Auror

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff