Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Commons
Favorite Movies/Books and quotes from them Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Salathielly

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:45 pm
I have too many. xD Fantasy is my favorite genre though.

A lot of my favorite quotes/lines are from poems. I'd have to dig up some old college documents to find them, which might take a while. xD;;

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:29 pm
Salathielly
I have too many. xD Fantasy is my favorite genre though.

A lot of my favorite quotes/lines are from poems. I'd have to dig up some old college documents to find them, which might take a while. xD;;

I am looking forward to your contributions! biggrin  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Sweater Panda

High-functioning Phantom

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:52 pm
Fantasy is definitely my favorite genre! XD I love the way the authors are able to create entire worlds and have all of their readers be able to imagine that they're living there. I definitely love the Harry Potter series, the Lord of the Rings series, and the Song of Ice and Fire series.

I'll have to do some research on quotes in a little bit.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:06 pm
Sweater Panda
Fantasy is definitely my favorite genre! XD I love the way the authors are able to create entire worlds and have all of their readers be able to imagine that they're living there. I definitely love the Harry Potter series, the Lord of the Rings series, and the Song of Ice and Fire series.

I'm totally a fantasy fan myself! Haven't heard of the Song of Ice and Fire series, will have to look that up! emotion_hug

My quote for today is from a stage show (Once), though:

I'm always serious. I'm Czech.  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Sweater Panda

High-functioning Phantom

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:09 pm
JoyRose
Sweater Panda

I'm totally a fantasy fan myself! Haven't heard of the Song of Ice and Fire series, will have to look that up! emotion_hug

A Song of Ice and Fire series is the official title of the Game of Thrones series. I just use the series name to encompass all the books, so I'm sorry if I confused you.

emotion_dowant That quote just made my day.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:45 pm
Sweater Panda
JoyRose
Sweater Panda

A Song of Ice and Fire series is the official title of the Game of Thrones series. I just use the series name to encompass all the books, so I'm sorry if I confused you.

It's the girl's answer every time someone asks, "Seriously?" rofl

Oooh Game of Thrones - nope, too dark for my taste. Supernatural TV show is about as dark as I can take, and it often pushes the edges between the blood and the evil angels/friendly demons thing, but my daughter enjoys it so I keep up.  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Sweater Panda

High-functioning Phantom

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:25 am
JoyRose
Sweater Panda
JoyRose
Sweater Panda

Oooh Game of Thrones - nope, too dark for my taste. Supernatural TV show is about as dark as I can take, and it often pushes the edges between the blood and the evil angels/friendly demons thing, but my daughter enjoys it so I keep up.

xd That sounds really awesome!

Yeah, I can completely understand your reasoning for that. It's a very weird series in general. I haven't ever watched Supernatural, but I've heard it's very good. I'm not that big on TV shows because it's hard for me to sit down and follow them. The only series I got into was American Horror Story, but my entire family watches it, so I'm able to sit down and watch it with them. Although, it's way more dark and disturbing than Game of Thrones imo.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:30 pm
Sweater Panda
JoyRose
Sweater Panda
JoyRose
Sweater Panda

xd That sounds really awesome!

Yeah, I can completely understand your reasoning for that. It's a very weird series in general. I haven't ever watched Supernatural, but I've heard it's very good. I'm not that big on TV shows because it's hard for me to sit down and follow them. The only series I got into was American Horror Story, but my entire family watches it, so I'm able to sit down and watch it with them. Although, it's way more dark and disturbing than Game of Thrones imo.

I believe that. I caught a few glimpses of it in ads and knew it was too dark for me. lol  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Salathielly

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:27 pm
A Song of Ice and Fire is rather dark, but I adore the world building and like several of the characters, so I've stuck with it. I definitely have to be in the right mood to read or watch it, though, as it is kind of a downer. xD;;  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:06 am
Salathielly
A Song of Ice and Fire is rather dark, but I adore the world building and like several of the characters, so I've stuck with it. I definitely have to be in the right mood to read or watch it, though, as it is kind of a downer. xD;;

What I saw did look scrumptious! I'll watch Reign, which is also beautifully made and a little less dark (although there are still royal assassinations and intrigue, deceptions and betrayal). xp  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Salathielly

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:00 pm
JoyRose
Salathielly

What I saw did look scrumptious! I'll watch Reign, which is also beautifully made and a little less dark (although there are still royal assassinations and intrigue, deceptions and betrayal). xp

Is Reign historical or fantasy? surprised  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:38 pm
I just finished the first Outlander book - so MUCH fun! Here's a quote I particularly liked (it's not exact, but close):

Waking before dawn one morning during vacation is a lark.
Waking before dawn two mornings in two days smacks of masochism!  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

CooperXTR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:55 am
Books?what are they?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:40 am
CooperXTR
Books?what are they?

LOL - actually it's just an audio book because I can no longer be bothered to actually read a whole book anymore. rofl  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

SpriinkleStars

Dapper Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:48 pm
My favourite movie is "Labyrinth." I could quote the entire script from it (I used to watch it every day...sometimes twice or more in a day...sometimes again right after watching it once...haha) but one quote that sticks out right now is:
"Hey, what goes on!? The pasta vazoo is a-writing on the fragging walk-walk! Your mother is a fragging Aardvark!"
cat_whee

I'm not quite sure what my favourite book is...maybe Marilyn Manson's autobiography...or the Abarat series...hm...  
Village Commons

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff