Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade Shop Owner Profiles
Dominic Maestro's Employees ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:14 pm
D O M I N I CxxM A E S T R O ' S

User Image

Owner: Newlyn McLellan

Other Employees: Samuel Lambert, Johanna Tempest

All updates accepted by Violet o3o

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:06 pm
xxxxN E W L Y NxxxT A R AxxxM C L E L L A N xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxB A S I C S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES New

AGE 28

BIRTHDAY 15 February 2008

BLOOD STATUS Pureblood

WAND 12 inches, Buckeye, Merpeople scale, Supple, Decorated Shaft

GENDER Female

SEXUAL ORIENTATION Heterosexual

LANGUAGES SPOKEN English

FACECLAIM Adelaide Kane [x]

xxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              ATTENDED Hogwarts

HOUSE Hufflepuff

CLASS OF 2026

BEST LESSONS
                  Art
                  Music
                  Potions

WORST LESSONS
                  Astronomy
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts
                  History of Magic

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ P
                  Charms ~ O
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ P
                  Herbology ~ EE
                  History of Magic ~ P
                  Potions ~ O
                  Transfiguration ~ O
                  Art ~ O
                  Divination ~ A
                  Care of Magical Creatures ~ EE
                  Healing ~ O
                  Muggle Art ~ EE
                  Muggle Music ~ EE
                  Music ~ O

NEWT SCORES
                  Charms ~ A
                  Herbology ~ A
                  Potions ~ EE
                  Transfiguration ~ A
                  Art ~ O
                  Healing ~ EE
                  Muggle Art ~ EE
                  Muggle Music ~ EE
                  Music ~ O

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Owner of Dominic Maestro's

DREAM JOB Current job

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ■ SENSIBLE Newlyn has always had a level head on her shoulders, and if never noted for being especially clever, does have a good deal of practical know-how. Much of what she knows now as an adult has been self-taught over the years, and she's extremely capable. Newlyn knows to keep her expectations realistic and her morals firm, and this far it's served her well.
              ■ DEVOTED In nearly every relationship in her life, Newlyn is devoted. Her loyalty is part of what got her sorted into Hufflepuff at the tender age of eleven, and she is an extremely supportive, encouraging person to have as a family or a friend. Honest and committed one hundred percent to everything and everyone she values, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone more faithful.
              ■ RESOURCEFUL Newlyn has always been someone who has always managed to find a way, even with the odds stacked against her. She grew up being forced to take initiative, as there was no one else around to do it, and that has stuck with her since. What Newlyn is good at, she is very good at, and she takes pride in her skills and her talents.
              ■ SELF-SACRIFICIAL Newlyn has always been one to put others before herself, sometimes to her own detriment. Much of her hard work is due to wanting to provide and be there both physically and emotionally for other people, and she tends to give up her needs and wants in favor of the needs and wants of those around her. It's very hard for her to be self serving, even when she needs to be.
              ■ GUARDED A private person by nature, Newlyn is not very chatty or one to say much about her personal life, even if pressed. She likes to keep what is important to her close, and will rarely confide in or reveal much to strangers or even acquaintances. Unfortunately this leads to her bottling a lot up, and it can be hard for her to vocalize what she is really feeling.
              ■ PRESUMPTIVE Newlyn, a classic eldest child, can presume too much, and it can at best make her come off as slightly condescending, and at worst, arrogant or judgmental. While none of this is intended, she does have a tendency to jump to conclusions without getting to the bottom of things first, and her opinions can be clouded by emotions running high.

Painting
                  Piano
                  Violin
                  Long walks

DISLIKES
                  Patronizing attitudes
                  Violence as a solution
                  Excessive crying
                  Dust and dirt
                  Long nights

HOBBIES
                  Painting
                  Drawing
                  Playing the piano or violin

STRENGTHS
                  Her creative talents
                  Her composed nature

WEAKNESSES
                  Her tendency to blame herself for everything
                  Her reluctance to share her troubles and open up

FEARS
                  Losing her sisters
                  Losing Miles

xxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              CHILDHOOD Newlyn was born and raised in Upper Barnton, England, the firstborn child of Mitchell Vass and Rhiannon Vass nee Rayhorn, a pureblood wizard and witch. While her father came from a traditionally purist Slytherin home and background, her mother had been raised in a more accepting nature by two 'blood traitor' Gryffindors. Their marriage was an elopement- Rhiannon's parents were killed during the Second Wizarding World War, and Mitchell's parents expressly forbid him from pursuing a relationship with her. He ignored their warning, and was disowned in all but name. The new Vasses eventually settled down to raise a family, and had Newlyn, then her younger sister Elsbeth, and finally her youngest sister Morven. Shortly after Morven's birth, when Newlyn was six years old, her mother was killed by a rogue werewolf in the countryside. Her father, having idolized and clung to his wife for so many years, was permanently and irreversibly scarred by the event. He sank into a deep depression, and it fell on Newlyn to do the majority of the caring for and nurturing of her younger sisters. By the time she was of Hogwarts age she was both their mother and their father, and her father had made it clear over the years since her mother's death that he fully blamed her for it, as Rhiannon had died protecting her daughter.

SCHOOL YEARS
                  FIRST YEAR Newlyn loved her first year away from home, away from her father, and she admitted to herself guiltily, the constant chore of looking after her younger sisters. She was sorted into Hufflepuff, and fully embraced the school as her home, and as an opportunity to finally act her age, rather than as a mini adult. She joined the music club, became friends with a housemate named Chloe, and met a charming older boy named Jay. At the end of the year, he asked her to be his girlfriend, and eager to jump into her first relationship with any boy, Newlyn accepted.
                  SECOND YEAR Newlyn spent her second year enjoying the feeling of having a boyfriend and friends for the first time in her life, people who actually seemed to care about what she felt and wanted. She did, after some internal debate, tell Jay what had happened to her mother and about the guilt she still felt over it.
                  THIRD YEAR By the time her third year had started Newlyn had begun to clash with her father more and more frequently, with the renewed sense of confidence having a normal life had started to give her. She was tired of being the quiet, dutiful, little mother.
                  FOURTH YEAR The summer before Newlyn's fourth year she attended a circus with Jay and her sisters that was violently attacked by dark wizards. Newlyn and her sisters made it out unharmed, by her boyfriend was struck by a spell that caused him to slowly sicken and die by the winter of her fourth year. It left her completely numb; her main source of support and encouragement had been suddenly ripped away, just like that.
                  FIFTH YEAR Newlyn slowly began to move on, despite another attack, this time by vampires, on a festival the fall of her fifth year. Her sister Elsie began attending Hogwarts as a first year, and was sorted into Hufflepuff with her.
                  SIXTH YEAR During her sixth year Newlyn befriended Miles McLellan, another Hufflepuff two years her junior, and was horrified to discover he was a werewolf. However, she was able to move past it and their friendship came out stronger for it; she told him that she was starting to develop feelings for him.
                  SEVENTH YEAR The summer before Newlyn's seventh year Morven was bitten by a werewolf and would have been killed if not for her intervention. Knowing her father's reaction would likely be violent if he found out, she and Morven hid it from him, and Elsie. However, Elsie found out over the course of the year, and stung by what she perceived as a rejection from her sisters by their not telling her, inadvertently revealed it to Mitchell when they returned home. A violent struggle ensued, and by the end of it, Newlyn had knocked her father down a flight of stairs in self defense, killing him. She assumed guardianship of her sisters.

POST GRADUATION After graduation Newlyn bought and currently runs Dominic Maestro's music shop in Hogsmeade. She and Miles live above the shop, and married in November 2033. Their son Angus was born in June 2036

xxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              FAMILY Miles McLellan (husband), Angus McLellan (son), Elsbeth Shoichet (sister), Morven Vass (sister), David Shoichet (brother-in-law)
              FRIENDS Chloe Clarisse
              BEST FRIEND Chloe Clarisse
              ROMANTIC INTEREST Miles McLellan
              ENEMIES The werewolf that bit Morven
              PETS Owl named Lili

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:47 pm
xxxxSAMUELxxxMARTINxxxLAMBERT xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
User Image
          xxxB A S I C S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES Sam

AGE 29

BIRTHDAY January 12, 2007.

BLOOD STATUS Pureblood

WAND 10 inch, Beech Wood, with Erkling Fang Core

GENDER Male

SEXUAL ORIENTATION Straight

LANGUAGES SPOKEN English & French

FACECLAIM Random Anime Pic. [x]

xxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              ATTENDED Beauxbaton

HOUSE Angelus

CLASS OF 2025

BEST LESSONS
                  Music
                  Muggle Music
                  Charms

WORST LESSONS
                  Astronomy
                  Wizard Law
                  History

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ P
                  Charms ~ O
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ A
                  Herbology ~ E
                  History of Magic ~ A
                  Potions ~ E
                  Transfiguration ~ A
                  Fencing ~ A
                  Care of Magical Creatures ~ A
                  Cooking with Magic ~ E
                  Music ~ O
                  Muggle Music ~ O
                  Muggle Studies ~ E
                  Wizard Law ~ A
                  World Studies ~ E

NEWT SCORES
                  Charms ~ O
                  Herbology ~ A
                  Potions ~ A
                  Cooking with Magic ~ E
                  Music ~ O
                  Muggle Music ~ O
                  Muggle Studies ~ E
                  Wizard Law ~ P
                  World Studies ~ A

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Dominic Maestro Employee and part-time Musician

DREAM JOB Musician

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ■ PERFECTIONIST I may seem hardworking and focused but only with things that I have an interest in, like my music. I'm quite the perfectionist when it comes to my music and that's where my hard work and focus stems from. I'll practice till I bleed or at least till I get it right.
              ■ SPONTANIOUS When I was younger I was told that things were already planned out for me but I've never been one for plans. As such I failed to follow in my father's footsteps but despite that I'm still set on being a musician. I've got the drive and the passion for it at least. I guess in theory I can thank my father for that. He's always pushed me so hard to be a good successor. Which as I mentioned I failed at. I hate not being good enough but I know he means well. I guess if it wasn't for him I wouldn't push so hard for what I want in life.
              ■ SELF-CRITICAL Honestly I don't take failure well. To me it's a personal thing, at least with my father. I tend to be overly hard on myself.
              ■ HELPFUL I would do anything for just about anyone within reason. I like helping people wherever I can. Be it simple things or stuff that's a tad more complicated. I don't mind lending a hand either way.
              ■ HONEST Overall I'm an honest caring guy. I've never seen a reason to lie to anyone, and I don't judge people before I get to know them. When it comes to the opinions of others I tend not to go along with what's say, as I like going off my own opinions based on my own observations.

Music (piano and almost anything with strings)
                  Kids
                  Charms
                  My Family
                  Being Outside

DISLIKES
                  Law
                  Being told I messed things up
                  Being rejected
                  My father's pressuring
                  Arguments

HOBBIES
                  Music

STRENGTHS
                  Playing my music
                  Charms

WEAKNESSES
                  I suck at planning
                  I'm hard on myself

FEARS
                  Not being good enough

xxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              CHILDHOOD I grew up like any normal kid in the wizarding world. My parents Martin and Carol both went to Beauxbaton and had come together in matrimony. While my mother became a pianist, my father became a wizarding lawyer. As such it was only natural that when my time came I headed off to Beauxbaton as well.

Before I headed off to school, I found an interest in music. I started with piano when I was about five and about a year after that I started playing the cello. Right before going off to school though I was told by my father that he wanted me to follow in his footsteps. See my father comes from a long line of lawyers and I'm not really too keen on following that line of work. No, I'd rather be like my mother play music for a living but he says that's not reasonable. Though my mother doesn't seem to have a problem no matter which road I choose.

SCHOOL YEARS Anyways, I spent my time working on my music and perfecting it. That didn't change when I heading off to school either. Of course, one of the electives I was forced to take was wizard law by my father. Despite focusing mainly on my music I tried to spend my time improving my grades. Something told me if I completely failed my classes my father would have taken my cello and sold it to the highest bidder. So maintaining decent grades I managed to get out of school unharmed, aside for flunking out of law and my father hating me for it.

During my time at Beauxbaton I met this girl named Angeline. She was the most beautiful girl in my eyes and we quickly hit it off. She had a thing for fancy spell work. We started dating in sixth year albeit not officially. Over the course of our last few years of school we realized that are parents were long-time friends. So we kept our relationship on the down low until after we graduated. Needless to say my parents were thrilled.

POST GRADUATION Shortly after school Angeline and I moved in together. Asking her to marry me, she said yes. We planned to get married the following fall but as it turned out a week before the wedding Angeline informed me she had fallen out of love. After she left I couldn't take it being alone and I went to visit my parents in France. That's when I realized I don't need someone to start a family. As such I adopted a little boy named Colten and he is my world.

During the spring of 2034 Colten and I went to the park. I met Chloe who was there with her daughter Enid. As it turned out Colten and Enid got along and seemed to enjoy playing with one another. I certainly enjoyed Chloe's company, so we agreed to get the kids together for a play date. In 2035 Chloe and I started dating. It was one of those random things after a year of seeing each other because of the kids. We went on a date or two and she got her friend Newlyn to hire me on at her music store in Hogsmeade. Maybe I'll finally be able to get Colten that dog he's been wanting.

xxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              FAMILY • Martin Lambert (father) • Caroline Lambert née Vallery (mother) • Colten Lambert (adoptive son)
              FRIENDS • Angeline (npc) • Chloe Clarisse
              BEST FRIEND • None
              ROMANTIC INTEREST • Chloe Clarisse (Dating)
              ENEMIES • None
              PETS • None planning to get an owl

Accepted 12/19/2016~ ♥ Cara ɱк

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:30 pm
xxxxxxJ O H A N N A xxxE I L I Rxxx T E M P E S Txxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxA B O U T MExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES »» Jojo, Persephone
              AGE »» 21
              BIRTHDAY »» 14 February 2015
              GENDER »» Female
              FACE-CLAIM »» »» Kesha
              BLOOD STATUS »» Pureblood
              WAND »» 10 and 2/3 inches, Larch with a Veela Hair core, springy with a decorated shaft
              MORE-THAN-AVERAGE »» Butterfly Animagus
              LANGUAGES SPOKEN »» English
              ACCENT »» Irish Received Pronunciation
              PET »» Owl Roxie

xxx»» Loud music
              xxx»» Butterflies
              xxx»» Quiet
              xxx»» Wintertime
              DISLIKES
              xxx»» Strangers
              xxx»» Closed-mindedness
              xxx»» Nuts
              xxx»» Dirt
              xxx»» Thunderstorms
              HOBBIES
              xxx»» Drumming
              xxx»» Reading
              xxx»» Games

xxxxxxP E R S O N A L I T Yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OPEN-MINDED
              xxx»» Initially being brought up in a stuffy, pureblooded household, and subsequently being abandoned and tortured by the members of said household, left Jojo feeling very strongly about the ideas she'd been raised on up to that point. Namely, she thinks they're garbage. Partially out of rebellion and partially because she believes it's important to be a decent human being, she is exceptionally open-minded and accepting of other people, regardless of anything about them. The only thing she can't accept in a person is if they are particularly awful, or outright evil.

ANXIOUS
              xxx»» Due to the trauma in her past, in spite of her best efforts, Jojo isn't entirely over all of her issues. She does still have issues with anxiety, often imagining the worst when something bad happens. She will jump to negative conclusions about a situation fairly quickly, and can be difficult to talk down from these moods. For the most part, she can keep it under control herself, but when it's particularly bad, only certain people have the ability to calm her down.

AFFECTIONATE
              xxx»» Jojo greatly values everyone in her life. She personally feels like, with everything she's been through, she's a complete and utter mess most of the time. She knows she's better now than before, but she was still pretty bad before, and feels incredibly lucky to have people in her life who were willing to stick with her during that time. As a result, in spite of certain snarky comments and relentless teasing, she tries to make sure that every one of her friends knows how much she cares about them and how important they are to her.

FRIENDLY
              xxx»» Jojo likes people. She's skittish around strangers sometimes, but she tries not to be. She enjoys talking to others, about pretty much anything that interests them. She feels like overall, she has a lot of lost time to make up for. A recent boost to her confidence has left her wanting to correct all the errors she feels she made in regards to her social life when she was in a bad place.

INTELLIGENT
              xxx»» Of all the mistakes Lysandar Tempest made with his granddaughter, perhaps the biggest one was nurturing her sharp mind. He valued intelligence over all else, and wouldn't have ever stood for Persephone to be a dullard. She was naturally a bright girl, but as Jojo, her intellect had been hampered by self-doubt. Persephone lacked this barrier, and her natural gifts flourished under the tutelage of her grandfather. Of course, his need for her to be bright bit him in the arse when she used her brain to realize that things weren't quire right with the life she lived. Her natural curiosity and observational skills proved troublesome for him. But, now that she's free and fully aware of the truth of things, she is at least pleased that she benefited from things in some way.

STUBBORN
              xxx»» Constantly being told that you're not real and don't exist can have rather damaging effects on a girl's psyche. Particularly when that girl's psyche is in fact split down the middle, and one half knows for a fact that it is, in fact, not quite real. Understanding the truth of how she came to be made Persephone feel constantly attacked. Every little thing seemed to be a reminder that she was a figment invented by a madman, no matter how real she might feel. Rather than letting herself be bullied back into non-existence, she dug her heels in and refused to budge. Now, she has a much more balanced relationship with Jojo, and enjoys taking advantage of this trait when Jojo is too timid to stand up for herself.

STRENGTHS
              xxx»» Passionate
              xxx»» Clever
              WEAKNESSES
              xxx»» Suffers from PTSD
              xxx»» Bull-headed
              FEARS
              xxx»» Losing her loved ones
              xxx»» Vanishing

xxxxxxB A C K S T O R Yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

»» FALSE MEMORIES UNDER SPOILERS ««

CHILDHOOD
              xxx»» Johanna, given the name Persephone at birth, was the first and only child born to Antony Devon Tempest. His wife, Evelyn, died giving birth to her. Upon her birth, her great-grandfather Edgar, the head of the Tempest family, was angered to learn that she was a girl, believing this to be a second failure in the family to produce a proper heir (the first being her father's cousin Avis, who is a squib), but her grandfather Lysandar decided that he would make the best of a bad situation. From the time she was three, he was teaching her how to be a proper, noble woman. Her father was greatly disturbed by the interest Lysandar had taken in his daughter, due to the fact that the man had abused him as a child. But, her grandfather doted on her, only ever harming her once, as a punishment for 'being very bad.' Johanna can't remember what she did to invoke this punishment, but learned the lesson well. Growing up, Johanna found herself in a very odd spot in her family. She wanted to please her grandfather and great-grandparents, but she also looked up to her father and loved her cousin Ava very much. Her father's distaste for his family and the family's hatred of Ava confused her, so she spent a lot of time trying to sort out how she felt about things like blood purity and lineages and nobility.

xxx»» Her understanding was finally clear when, just before she was to begin school, her grandfather went insane and attacked her cousin Ava. She doesn't remember much of what happened, only hearing shouts and screams, followed by her father bursting in on her with Ava close behind, and then being Apparated away. The three of them went to stay with a friend of her father's named Annabelle, who Johanna had never met before. Their lives changed drastically as, following the scandal and the additional discovery of her father's homosexuality, everyone but her Aunt Callidora was disowned, written out of her great-grandfather's will, and barred from the family estate. Things were difficult for a time, adjusting to the changes, but she generally felt that she, her father, and her cousin grew closer as a result. Freed from the influence of her more toxic family members, she began developing a much more accepting outlook on life.
              xxx»» Her understanding was finally clear when, at the age of ten, just preparing to enter her schooling at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, her grandfather very suddenly came to her room one night and took her away. Confused and afraid, she begged him to tell her what had happened, because something was clearly very wrong. Reluctantly, he informed her that her Uncle Nikolas, his wife Camila, and her beloved cousin Ava had all plotted together to kill her and her father. They were resentful, Lysandar told her, because they believed that, as a male, Ava should have been looked to as heir before Persephone. She was devastated to learn that her grandfather had been too late to save her father; they had succeeded in murdering him. Lysandar told her that he had killed her uncle and aunt in an attempt to save Antony, but Avis had escaped. Fearing both for his granddaughter's life and that he would be blamed for all three murders and left unable to protect her, he had taken her away, and into hiding, in case her cousin had a mind to finish what his parents had started. The child's perception of her family was shattered, and she vowed that she would always trust her grandfather and do as he said.

SCHOOL YEARS
                  FIRST YEAR »» Johanna's first year of school was reasonably uneventful, save for the great surprise of her being sorted into Hufflepuff. She felt very out of place her first few weeks of school, but slowly grew more used to her house and its reputation. She eventually realized that perhaps it was a blessing to be sorted into the house of badgers, because she knows she made at least one friend, something she isn't sure would have happened had she been in any other house.
                  SECOND YEAR »» The Summer before Johanna's second year was the stuff of nightmares; her family had been found by her grandfather, who was intent on killing them all. But, he found when he went to kill Johanna that he didn't have the stomach for it. Angered by his weakness, he proceeded to torture her for days before a chance message from her father's employer led to her rescue at the hands of the very dashing Auror Darcy Bennett. However, she couldn't seem to relax or feel safe until she returned to Hogwarts. The school year was blessedly uneventful, aside from the Yule Ball, which Johanna attended with her best friend Emily, though she ended up 'ditching' Emily early in the night so that the other girl could be free to dance with a boy in their year she had a crush on. Johanna also began exchanging letters with Mr. Bennett, who was even so kind as to send her a Christmas present, much to her delight.
                  THIRD YEAR »» This year marked a few changes for Johanna; first and foremost, she decided that she was done being mousy and quiet and meek, and decided to actively try to be more out-going. She started going by a new nickname, Jojo, because she decided that 'Seph' was too weird and 'Persephone' was too old-fashioned. She also had her first date, though it didn't go remotely how she expected. It turned out that the boy who'd asked her out, Jesse, was actually just trying to determine if he were into girls or not. Still, she supposed it could have gone worse.
                  FOURTH YEAR »» This was a particularly eventful year for Jojo, and not in a bad way like her second year had been. After leaving school, she went on a trip to Germany with her friend Emily, along with three others. She spent much of the trip feeling like a fifth wheel, given that the other four all were apparently paired off with one another romantically, but nonetheless had fun. Upon returning to England, she met Kenneth Lowery on and outing to get an owl for herself, who she would continually run into over the course of the year, until eventually, he asked her on a date. In spite of her nearly cancelling and having a panic attack, it went well, and they began dating. The rest of the year was mostly a constant internal struggle for her, finding herself having anxiety attacks over seemingly inconsequential things, and teaching herself to pull back and calm down. She was, by the end of the year, much more successful at doing so than when it began, and is quite proud of her progress.
                  FIFTH YEAR »» Jojo was somewhat optimistic when she left school to return home at the end of her fourth year, but her optimism was short-lived. As the students made their way to the train, a group of dark wizards who fancied themselves the successors to the Death Eaters of the wizarding wars attacked Hogsmeade Village. Before Jojo could really react, her boyfriend apparated both herself and his cousin Prudence to Platform 9 and 3/4 to get them to safety, and promptly disappeared. When he returned moments later, with a couple of younger students in tow, she realized he was attempting to save some of the students who lacked the knowledge to protect themselves. Worrying for his safety sent her into a panic attack, and she passed out. After the danger had passed and she knew he was safe, she became ashamed of herself for her response. Certain that he'd realized she was more trouble than she was worth and would break up with her, she began avoiding him. Eventually, Kenny tracked her down, afraid she'd been considering doing the same because he'd abandoned her at the platform. During their attempt to work through the issue, Jojo confessed to him everything that had happened to her at the hands of her grandfather, in an effort to make him understand why she was so broken. To her surprise, he didn't break up with her, and instead said that it was his job to take care of her when she had problems. Her issues persisted, but she was comforted by the fact that someone cared about her enough to stick around, even knowing about everything. When she returned to school, she attempted to focus her efforts on studying for her exams, though admittedly she didn't focus nearly as hard as some people (Jesse and Elliott, for instance).
                  SIXTH YEAR »» Jojo didn't quite know when she made the decision to become an animagus; it had happened some time between taking her exams and getting the results. She decided that she needed something to prove to herself that, if she really focused her attention on something and fought for it, she could accomplish any goal she set for herself. Animagus transformations, being an incredibly difficult branch of magic, appealed to her for a good many reasons, the difficulty of the accomplishment being only one. The majority of her sixth year was spent fighting with her own insecurities and trying to convince herself that she could succeed. She had a very hard time convincing herself, though, until her seventeenth birthday. To celebrate, she elected to skip the Valentine's Ball being hosted by the school, and instead met Kenny in Hogsmeade for a date. An incident the previous Summer had her feeling especially insecure concerning their relationship, which had been a large part of why she was having so much trouble with her self-confidence as a whole. However, the date took an unexpected turn, and at the end, she was left feeling much more confident, both in the relationship, and herself. With the newfound confidence, she found she stumbled less than before, and at the end of the year, successfully became an animagus. The discovery of her animagus form seemed particularly appropriate, as she had felt a kinship with the transformation process butterflies underwent in their lifetimes for a while. To celebrate her newfound self and leave her past truly behind her, she and her father had her name legally changed from Persephone Johanna Tempest to Johanna Eilir Tempest.

xxx»» Lysandar was unable to risk allowing his granddaughter to attend school. He risked her safety long enough to take her to Ollivander's to get her wand, and then, they vanished. Persephone was taught magical theory by her grandfather, but never allowed to properly practice magic. Paranoid to the extreme, he was fearful that, should the Ministry find them because she had used magic outside of the school grounds of Hogwarts, he would be found guilty of the murders of the other members of the family, and she would be taken away from him. Eventually, he moved them to a secure location, an old holding in the family name that was unknown to anyone alive, except himself and his father. Many spells for protection and secrecy were woven over the property, and here he was finally able to teach Persephone magic. She was quick to learn, and eager to please. She was taught a good many things, including powerful dark arts, which Lysandar informed her she would need to know to protect herself, and to follow in his footsteps, which was her only ambition. She didn't quite understand, but grew to accept him, remembering her vow to always trust his judgement.

ADULTHOOD
              xxx»» Upon Persephone's seventeenth birthday, when the Trace broke, Lysandar took her from their sanctuary for the first time since they had come there. Moving through the shadows, he finally shared his secrets with her, telling her the truth of what he did when he left her alone and why. Her grandfather, she learned, had taken it upon himself to try and help 'right the world.' The corruption he had seen in his own family scared him, and he had realized that following the written law and acting as society allowed was not helping anything, and was actually allowing the world to become sick, a place where the innocent were harmed by the actions of the deranged and entitled. People like her uncle, aunt, and cousin, he told her. It took some time, but she began to understand that he was right; Lysandar was a powerful wizard, he couldn't simply stand back and not take action, and he wanted for her to be strong as well. The fight, he said, would not be over by the time he died, and he needed to know she would be safe when he was gone. The pair took up with a young witch named Rui, a dangerous woman, Persephone was warned, but a useful one. She had informed Lysandar that she wanted chaos, to watch the world burn. While chaos was not his objective, the world burning was certainly something that would benefit it, as it needed to be cleansed so it could grow new and fresh and pure. Persephone promised her grandfather that, in spite of her reservations, she would do as he asked, always, because she knew that his intentions were good, regardless of his actions. She reasoned that the end would justify the means, and trusted him completely.

xxx»» It was eventually determined that Persephone was old and skilled enough to accompany her grandfather on outings to 'recruit' for Rui. She would go out, in disguise, with her grandfather, and observe from a distance as he tried to entice young witches and wizards to take up 'the cause'. On one such evening, Lysandar left her to wait in an alley, as he had 'business' to attend to that she shouldn't be privy to. Persephone waited dutifully, until she was approached by a young man. He claimed to know her, but called her by the wrong name, referring to her as Jojo. Something about him disturbed her. For some time she had been noticing and subsequently ignoring odd little inconsistencies in her own life. For one, she had a tattoo and a piercing, neither of which she remembered getting, and which her grandfather certainly wouldn't have allowed. A tattoo that the young man knew about, which he claimed to have given her. She denied it at the time, but his words only deepened the cracks. He'd seemed familiar. He'd known about her tattoo. But, she convinced herself that he was lying, somehow.
              xxx»»She found herself questioning everything. When her grandfather returned to the keep one night with a boy, a redhead he called Pancras, that same odd familiarity hit her. She avoided the boy as much as she could, though her grandfather tried to push her at him at every opportunity. She rather got the feeling that he was trying to set them up, in fact. But, she was too put off by the sense that she knew him to ever go for it.
              xxx»» Technically speaking, she supposed, she was right to be suspicious of him. One night, the keep was broken into, a feat she'd been told was impossible. Of course, its supposedly impenetrable nature relied on none but a select few being granted access, and access had been granted to the wrong person in this case. Pancras, it turned out, was a spy, sent in to find her by the young man from the alley. Once he'd earned some modicum of trust, he'd snuck the two of them, along with two Aurors, into the keep to 'rescue' her. She doesn't quite know what happened in the encounter; she was knocked out rather early on, and when she woke up, she wasn't quite herself.

xxx»» Elliott used his mind magic to help determine just how bad Jojo's state of mind was. He then painstakingly removed the charm Lysandar had used to hide away her true memories. But, too afraid of the consequences should he make a mistake, it was decided that he would leave the false memories as well, and that he, Kenny, and Jesse would work to help keep her straight on what was and wasn't real.
              xxx»»It was a struggle for a long time. 'Persephone' didn't magically go away just because Jojo's memories were restored. She persisted, fighting Jojo tooth and nail, first trying to prove that Jojo's life was the lie, and eventually trying to prove that, even if she wasn't quite real, she shouldn't be forced to retreat. Jojo, for her part, resented Persephone's existence, and fought her on everything, even when it didn't really matter. Jojo did everything she could to suppress Persephone, covering herself with tattoos to prove her autonomy and drinking constantly to drown her out. The behavior became worrisome for the people who cared about her, and she was eventually forced to get sober and see a Mind Healer. Eventually, after a lot of exhausting compromises and long therapy sessions, the two came to something of an agreement. They behave more like sisters now, which is rather odd, given that the occupy the same mind and body. Slipping steadily closer to something approaching sane, they agreed to try and be more responsible, and not let their oddness hinder them. Moving out of their father's flat and in with Kenny was a decent first step, and getting a job seemed a logical follow up. She was hired on at Dominic Maestro's in Hogsmeade, taking advantage of a somewhat familial relationship (Kenny being a werewolf, and packmates with the owner's husband) to earn the job.

xxxxxxS C H O O L AND C A R E E Rxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ATTENDED »» Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
              HOUSE »» Hufflepuff
              DROPPED OUT »» Seventh Year - 2033
              OWL SCORES
              xxxASTRONOMY »» A
              xxxCHARMS »» EE
              xxxDEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS »» EE
              xxxHERBOLOGY »» P
              xxxHISTORY OF MAGIC »» A
              xxxPOTIONS »» P
              xxxTRANSFIGURATION »» EE