Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:43 pm
Technically I could have started months ago last september, so yah.
My first lesson was yesterday, I have a lesson tomorrow, and my last for my permit is on Friday.
Hope I pass!
Apparently I have a problem staying close to the middle line and getting too close to curbs... sweatdrop
I'M SCARED OF PARALLEL PARKING!!! gonk
To be honest, I was all focus and no remembering. I was so focus, I had the steering wheel in a death grip and my Carpal tunnel is coming back...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:59 pm
*hides in bunker* eek  

JamesWN

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:05 pm
-drives into bunker-

HAHAHAHAHAAAA scream scream scream scream

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:08 pm
They make you do parallel over there? o.o;

><; Also try to keep calm while driving,it will mess you up a lot if you aren't.Maybe bubble wrap around the steering wheel?  

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:29 pm
Parallel parking is a requirement in Ohio, too.
In NC (where I took (was forced to take) driver's ed), they require three point turn around, instead.
I know parallel parking is a common req in the north, though, but i isn't so much in the south.
Actually, where I lived in NC there was exactly one street where you COULD parallel park at all, and that was in our county seat.
But it's a major thing everywhere I've been up here, there are a lot of places, especially in historic sections, where parking on the street is the only option. We still have parking meters, too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:57 am
                Best of luck with your lessons!

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:25 pm
Yah I did well with parallel parking.

I got my permit.

Sort of; apparently they don't do plastic anymore with permits? I read up online and yah, we don't get plastic cards.

F*ckity great. That's what I was looking forward to most. Now I gotta shuffle around with this big a** piece of paper in my purse (it's about half a standard sheet of paper plus) with a holographic sticker on the back and a sh*t ton of information written all over it.

F*cking yay.... stare

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:42 pm
That's awkward...
I think they still do actual cards here?
I'm not sure, it's not like I ever got my permit. >>;
I don't even have a valid ID anymore.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:48 pm
Yah I'm kind of uber-dissapointed emo

On the upside, after I get home this weekend form visiting family my dad (like, as I'm writing this) just offered to take me driving. That's cool.

I kind of feel bad because I feel like I'm making my family feel like I want attention and or sympathy of some sort... emotion_sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:34 pm
I guess it's to keep from using up all the cards they need for drivers and IDs.><;  

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:38 pm
Yuki_Windira
I guess it's to keep from using up all the cards they need for drivers and IDs.><;

Maybe the paper is more eco friendly?
Since, statistically, most people only keep their permits for, what, a few months, half a year, before getting a license?
And they reissue a card when you move up to a license, don't they?
(I honestly don't know *nondriver*)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:42 pm
Queen Spazzy
Yuki_Windira

Since, statistically, most people only keep their permits for, what, a few months, half a year, before getting a license?

Yeah,basically.

Though in my case it took like four years to get in to even get a freaking driving test and upgrade to an actual licence! D<  

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:18 pm
Yuki_Windira
Queen Spazzy
Yuki_Windira

Yeah,basically.

Though in my case it took like four years to get in to even get a freaking driving test and upgrade to an actual licence! D<

Wowwww, for real?
I must be lucky since I live in a rural area, then.
It takes no time at all to get in to do stuff.
I didn't even have to wait at all when I went to get my ID to get in to the yuri rooms at a convention after I turned eighteen. >>;
I think the only time you really have to wait is when you go up to the BMV up in the county seat of the county where I properly live since it's actually big enough to be a proper city (only actual city in the whole county, though, I believe).
I got my ID at the next county up from me, the county seat there is only large enough to be a village, but I'm not sure that they still do driving tests...
There are so many things I don't know since I never even got my permit, haha~
I hate driving. So much. And it terrifies me. Can't even sit in the drivers seat of a car that's off without panicking and flipping my s**t. >>;

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:21 pm
Queen Spazzy
Yuki_Windira
Queen Spazzy
Yuki_Windira

Yeah,basically.

Wowwww, for real?
I must be lucky since I live in a rural area, then.
It takes no time at all to get in to do stuff.
I didn't even have to wait at all when I went to get my ID to get in to the yuri rooms at a convention after I turned eighteen. >>;
I think the only time you really have to wait is when you go up to the BMV up in the county seat of the county where I properly live since it's actually big enough to be a proper city (only actual city in the whole county, though, I believe).
I got my ID at the next county up from me, the county seat there is only large enough to be a village, but I'm not sure that they still do driving tests...
There are so many things I don't know since I never even got my permit, haha~
I hate driving. So much. And it terrifies me. Can't even sit in the drivers seat of a car that's off without panicking and flipping my s**t. >>;

Yep,all time slots were taken up by people that didn't live in the county.It was by luck that a slot opened up last may.>>;  

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:38 pm
Yuki_Windira
Yep,all time slots were taken up by people that didn't live in the county.It was by luck that a slot opened up last may.>>;

Wowie zowie!
That's nuts!
I'd think they'd give preference to people that actually live in the county, honestly...
Then again, this IS the Bureau/Department of Motor Vehicles (I've seen both, I don't know what it is for you!) I'm talking about, they'd NEVER do anything that would be convenient, right?
My beau says waiting at/on the BMV is a special kind of hell.

Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff