Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply -------- Cosplayers
Cosplay pages? Stage names? I'm lost @.@

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mylo K

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:17 am
Hi everyone! I was thinking about making a professional cosplay page, like on Facebook or something. But I'm not sure about a few things. First of all, what would I call myself? I need a fun name! Second, what would I call my page? I'm inexperienced with this, and I really don't know what a logical name would be. So, suggestions are awesome! And, there aren't really requirements for a page, right? Other than putting up pictures and talking to people and stuff? Nothing too hard, yes?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:17 am
Ooooh! Cosplay pages are fun! My friends and I manage a joint page on DeviantArt, and have a lot of fun with it!!!

We started our own group to try to make a difference in the cosplay community, and wanted our name to match, so we came up with Wil'-o'-th'-Wisp and call ourselves the Wisps. I know a lot of other people will name their pages and groups after things or animals that are important to them, and still others like to utilize puns or direct phrasing. I guess it boils down to what first impression you want your viewers to get of your cosplay.

In terms of stage names, everyone's just a little bit different. My usual SN is "Xac" after a character I created when I was younger. Most of my friends use real-life nicknames.

I hope that helps! Have fun and share a link when you create your page! I'd love to see your work!!!  

xinitia

Crew

Mylo K

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:55 pm
xinitia
Ooooh! Cosplay pages are fun! My friends and I manage a joint page on DeviantArt, and have a lot of fun with it!!!

We started our own group to try to make a difference in the cosplay community, and wanted our name to match, so we came up with Wil'-o'-th'-Wisp and call ourselves the Wisps. I know a lot of other people will name their pages and groups after things or animals that are important to them, and still others like to utilize puns or direct phrasing. I guess it boils down to what first impression you want your viewers to get of your cosplay.

In terms of stage names, everyone's just a little bit different. My usual SN is "Xac" after a character I created when I was younger. Most of my friends use real-life nicknames.

I hope that helps! Have fun and share a link when you create your page! I'd love to see your work!!!

Wow, sorry for the (incredibly) late reply! ;A; We moved shortly after I made that post and I haven't been on Gaia since. But I'm back now! Anyway, thanks very much for your help! I'll be sure to share a link when I make one!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:18 am
Mylo K
xinitia

Wow, sorry for the (incredibly) late reply! ;A; We moved shortly after I made that post and I haven't been on Gaia since. But I'm back now! Anyway, thanks very much for your help! I'll be sure to share a link when I make one!

Congrats on your move!

I can't wait to see how your page turns out!!!  

xinitia

Crew

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:45 pm
Hi Mylo K,

Creating a Cosplay page can be a lot of fun and a lot of work at the same time. I have both a Facebook Page and a Deviant Art Page. I happen to be both a cosplayer and a Cosplay Photographer. I have been a photographer in general since I was 7 years old and a Cosplay Photographer since 2009. If you want to see what a page looks like feel free to check my Deviant Art page out. The link to it is in my Gaia Online signature. If you want to check out what a Facebook page looks like feel free to check mine out at:
https://www.facebook.com/Smithers456Photography

Here are some tips for you in creating a page:

1. Check out pages that are already out their. I gave you the links to mine but their are certainly many other pages out their. On Facebook or Google you can search for Cosplay pages by typing cosplay in the search field and check out the results. I recommend trying Facebook first. Many cosplay pages on Facebook have the word cosplay in it's name. Make note of things that you see in the pages that you check out that you would like to see in your own page.

2. Name of your page. The name of all of my pages start with my internet alias, Smithers456. Smithers456 is special to me because I use to play RPG's a lot in the past and my first character was called Smithers. The name of your page should reflect something about yourself. By all means be creative and have something that will get people's attention. All of my pages and User ID's are Smithers456. I do that because it makes it easier for my fans and the followers of my page to know it's one of my pages. Having a link on one page to another one of your pages helps you get more traffic on both pages. As for stage names I do use Smithers sometimes but I also use my real name to, which is Ron btw.

3. Purpose of your page. This is important. What do you want to tell the world about yourself or what work that you do. My Deviant Art page showcases my Cosplay Photography work. Over the last couple years I have gotten fans from over 50 countries and I have had a lot of fun showing off my work. I have many gallery albums that show photos that I have taken of cosplayers at different conventions that I went to. Also I have a galley album that shows photos of my own cosplay outfits. I call that one "My Cosplays". My Facebook page also showcases my cosplay photos but I tend to promote other peoples cosplay, art, and photography pages as well. I share a lot work from other peoples pages, say a comment about what I'm sharing and prompt people to check out their pages.

4. Content on your page. I suggest starting something simple on Facebook. Once you have the page up and running encourage friends and family to check out your page and see what they think about it. Feedback is important. I've noticed that on some cosplay pages their are both photos posted of new cosplay outfits that they are working on and photos taken of them in the past wearing older cosplay outfits. Also on a typical cosplay page the person gives updates on their new outfits and tells people what cons they are going to. Most important is to do some research by checking out other pages.

Also give it some thought as to how you are going to present yourself. Pages range from being very fun to being very serious. As a precaution check out the rules of the website that you are going to have your page on. That way you don't violate any rules. To keep people interested in your page post on it several times a week or more often if you have the time. Also I recommend starting out with just one page. Running more than one can take up a lot of time and harder to manage due to posting more often on the internet. If a page on one website doesn't work out try a different website. Sometimes one website might work out better for you than another. My Deviant Art page is a lot more successful than my Facebook page. Part of that is due to a lot of work, a lot of feedback, and having a larger audience.

5. Having Fun. Make sure to have fun with your page. Make it as simple or complex as you like and be creative. Also I suggest that you be yourself on the page. Yes you can use your stage name but make sure to treat people like you want to be treated when someone posts as a comment on your page. Make sure to respond to comments that are posted on your page. Interaction with your fans and followers can help make your page successful. I have made some friends that way as well.

I hope that this helps you out. As xinitia mentioned please post a link to your page on Gaia Online. You can certainly post it on this thread. Then people on this guild can check it out. Once you start a page I would like to check it out and give you some more tips and certainly my feedback. If you have any questions feel free to post it on this thread or send me a message.  
-------- Cosplayers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games