Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Open Class] Arts and Crafts 101 (Nim and Estel) - fin Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:40 am
Quote:
NAME OF CLASS: Arts and Crafts 101
PROFESSOR NAME: Professor Zixil Braxton

General information:
The Arts and Crafts room is tucked away in the corner - one way in and out, which is just how the teacher likes it. The classroom looks normal enough from the outside, with its standard door and numberplate (with an added addendum by the teacher, his name and the class title added on a piece of Muck Tape). The inside, however, looks like someone found all of the weird, eclectic stuff within a five mile radius, ate it, and then vomited it all up. The teacher has either completely lost his mind, or is trying way, way too hard. The cabinets that line the walls are partially filled with beginner art supplies: slime-based paints, earwax crayons, and...glitter, a thing so evil that it can be known by no other name.

Mechanics:
Your Most Excellent Professor isn't going to fill your head with crazy ideas. That's all up to you!

Upon entering the class, roll 1d100 to determine your Muse Level (ML).

Muse Level 1-20

Woah, you can't make art with a Muse Level this low! Go stare longingly at your first crush, or listen to emotional music, or cry it out! We can't have you making anything that's worth less than 20 silver seeds beneath your actual capabilities.

Muse Level 21-50

Did you dip yourself in paint and roll your face over the canvas? That's not going to be acceptable. Nobody will want to buy this. Or look at it. Not even kind of.

Muse Level 51-80

Looks like you might have the right idea. Go ahead and give it a shot. I guess the worst thing that could happen is you ruin everything, but that's okay.

Muse Level 81-100

Got a real overachiever here! Creativity is oozing from your pores (seriously clean that stuff up please)!

If you roll 1-50, you will need to make another attempt. A roll of 51-100 allows you to proceed. The above information correlating to your ML gives you a good idea of how your student will be approaching this assignment.

If you succeeded in developing a passable Muse Level, you will then need to roll a 1d10 to determine to overall success of your drawing/painting/sculpture etc. Feel free to pick whatever medium you'd like!

1-3 You really poured yourself into this one, but the Professor isn't quite feeling it. Take it home and pin it on your wall, because that's all you're getting. (Fail. You'll have to make another attempt!)
4-9 You paid careful attention to details, color schemes, and - most importantly - marketability. Professor Braxton smashes a sickly note to your body with a sloppy "A" written on it, because ruining the art would be a travesty. As far as you can tell, you've done a good thing. (Pass!)
10 You are a prodigy! This thing belongs in a museum! Or the home of the highest bidder! Your artwork will be displayed in front of the entire class. Hope you're not shy. (SUPER-PASS!)

You must RP your student creating their...well, whatever they make.

Bonus Mechanics:
•If you include a DRAWN representation of the piece of art that your student creates, you can automatically add 2 to your success roll, ultimately bringing up their final score. These drawings do not have to be anything fantastic, and can be as detailed or non-detailed as you want.

•Any student who is able to use magic to create illusions can roll 1d4 to determine how amazing their artwork appears. Which is what matters. If you roll even, you can add 1 point. If you roll odd, no points can be added. This can not be combined with the 2 points you can add when including an image.

•Any student who lacks dexterity (lookin' at you, claw-handed monsters) can roll 1d4 to determine their ability to talk Professor Braxton into believing that the piece of art's concept is going over his head and is, in fact, a true masterpiece. If you roll even, you can add 1 point. If you roll odd, no points can be added. This can not be combined with the 2 points you can add when including an image.

Each visit to the classroom has the potential to span multiple posts due to the amount of dice rolls. You can interact with other students, try to steal their concepts - whatever you'd like to play out!

YOU COMPLETE THE CLASS WHEN

You pass the class!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:45 am
Nim was absolutely smitten with these open classes now. It was super fun to be able to participate in whichever one she felt like doing at the time, and so many of them sounded so interesting.

Today she chose Art and Crafts 101, because she hoped she could make something to decorate her dorm with. "I'm going to make something really pretty, Cirrus. We can hang it on the wall above the bed," she chatted idly to her familiar as she approached the room, practically skipping.

"I don't see how this is a very productive class, Nim." Cirrus was not nearly as thrilled as she was.

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:51 am
Estel had parked herself right outside the classroom door, where she had been waiting for almost half an hour. The idea that she could just come to class whenever she wanted was a little daunting.

Spinning as she heard voices, the ghost grinned. "Oh! Hello! Are we allowed to just go in?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:56 am
Nim's face lit up as she discovered someone else waiting by the door. Having someone there to talk to would make the class even better. "Yeah! You just go right in." She opened the door as she talked, holding it for Cirrus and the other ghoul to enter as well.

The inside of the room looked like an art hurricane had passed through. She'd never seen so many expensive looking art supplies flooding such a small space. "This looks amazing! This is going to be so fun." She turned back to the ghoul and clapped her hands excitedly. "Oh yeah, I'm Nim by the way! The one with the long face is Cirrus."

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:03 pm
The classroom looked a little less full of students than Estel had hoped - but at least she wasn't the only one there. She followed Nim inside with a quick "Thanks," for holding the door.

"Whoa." So many cabinets in one room! Estel opened one and stared at all the supplies. Nothing looked familiar, but that was fine. "I'm Estel! Nice to meet you both." She reached for a box of crayons. "What are we supposed to make? Anything?"  
DarkHeartedSorrow rolled 1 100-sided dice: 76 Total: 76 (1-100)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:05 pm
((Gonna go ahead and start rolling))

"Yeah I think we're supposed to do whatever strikes us as a good idea. Like, using your muse and creativity?" Nim wandered towards a corner jam packed with easels and paints and hummed thoughtfully. She'd never really painted before, but it could be really fun. What was the point of taking the class if she wasn't going to try something new?

"I think I'm going to do some painting. Did you find anything that looks like a good material to start with?"

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

Luridel rolled 1 100-sided dice: 44 Total: 44 (1-100)

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:11 pm
"I haven't been around very long," she admitted, beginning to take things out from the cabinets. "I don't have an awful lot of ideas. I don't think I've ever drawn anything before. Um, lessee... people... landscapes?..."

She looked down at the stuff she had assembled: a large canvas, several boxes of pastels, and a box of crayons. Somehow, she had a feeling that something didn't match up here. "Oh, I probably need paint for this, huh."  
DarkHeartedSorrow rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:20 pm
"Oh you're new? I am too! Kind of. I've only been here for a little while. It's pretty fun so far, though. I learned some first aid the other day and I think that's going to be really useful." She stuck her fingers into some paint and messily began swirling it around on a blank canvas. She didn't seem like she was giving it much effort. "You could try to do one of those still live things? Like of a bowl of fruit or a pencil on a table or something."

She dunked her hand into some red paint and slapped it to the canvas with a wet smack. "I think I'm done!" She spun the canvas around so Estel could see, but it was a wet mess of gross mixed colors. Cirrus, who had been quiet until now, snorted.

"Maybe you should try again, Nim."

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

Luridel rolled 1 100-sided dice: 38 Total: 38 (1-100)

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:30 pm
"Wow, you're fast!" As far as Estel was concerned, whatever Nim had just managed was impressive.

She went back to the cabinets for several large cans of paint, although she still hadn't made up her mind about what to do. "Are you gonna paint anythin' too, Cirrus?" Never mind that that would be... difficult to manage.  
DarkHeartedSorrow rolled 1 100-sided dice: 31 Total: 31 (1-100)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:37 pm
Cirrus shook his head resolutely. "No. It's very hard to get paint out of my fur. Nim thought I'd be pretty in blue when we were five."

Nim snorted in laughter and nearly got paint in her hair. "I remember that. It was awesome." When she'd managed to compose herself, she turned wide, hopeful eyes on him. "She's got a point though! You should help me paint. You're a part of me you should help with my muse!"

Cirrus almost seemed as if he was thinking about it, but then he gave a flat "No."

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

Luridel rolled 1 100-sided dice: 76 Total: 76 (1-100)

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:53 pm
The idea of a blue Cirrus made her laugh. Maybe - yes! She did have a can of blue paint, after all. Maybe that's what she would try and paint.

"Are you sure you don't want to? You could hold a brush in your mouth, maybe, an' Wear a paper napkin smock or something?"  
DarkHeartedSorrow rolled 1 100-sided dice: 51 Total: 51 (1-100)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:56 pm
Nim's face lit up with all the possibilities. Cirrus in a tiny apron was the cutest idea ever. "Oh my jack, please let me put you in a smock Cirrus." She took a running start and skidding to her knees in front of him, hands clasped pleadingly. "Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease."

Cirrus somehow managed to reach high enough to plant a hoof gently to her mouth. "Fine. I will try to paint."

Nim squealed and ran off to rustle around the room until she came back with a small yellow kid's smock. She brandished a pair of scissors and cut it shorter without even flinching. When she tied it around his neck, he looked protected but adorably ridiculous.

"Why."

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

Luridel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:01 pm
Estel flinched as Nim cut the smock shorter. Hopefully, the teacher would never notice. Given the sheer quantity of stuff in the room, though, she figured the smock had a pretty good chance of going undiscovered.

"That looks good on you!" she said, encouragingly, giving Cirrus a thumbs-up. Unfortunately, the familiar's body being obscured by the smock meant that she didn't have much in the way of a model to work with for her own artwork.

Dipping a brush into the paint, she very slowly and meticulously painted out a large blue circle onto the canvas. She started filling in the circle, adding four blue stumps for legs and a blue lump for a neck and head, but it was obvious that the painting wasn't going anywhere good.  
DarkHeartedSorrow rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:48 pm
While Estel turned to her own painting, Nim got Cirrus set up at an easel. She lifted him up onto a wobbly stool and he balanced precariously with a look of concentration. When she handed him a paintbrush, he got to work.

He used the paintbrush with his mouth like Estel had suggested and lifted his head up and down to make broad colorful strokes on the paper. He seemed very focused on his task and didn't listen to any directions from Nim, not that she cared. The result was pretty similar to the paintings elephants did in the zoo that sold for thousands.

"It's so beautiful, Cirrus!"

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

Luridel rolled 1 100-sided dice: 81 Total: 81 (1-100)

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:08 pm
"Wow, no hesitation." Okay, if Cirrus could do something - so could she! Abandoning her previous project, Estel went back to the cabinets to fetch even more colors of paint.

This was either going to be fantastic or terrible. Or both.  
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff