Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[OPEN CLASS] First Aid 101 [Estel/Xavier] FIN Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:12 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NAME OF CLASS: First Aid 101
PROFESSOR NAME: Professor Cricket

General information: A general overview on basic illnesses a student might run into, as well as symptoms and quick fixes to things like breaks and deep cuts while on the go!

Each student is given a dummy to work on, though they may choose to partner up in fixing it.

Mechanics:
Roll 1 20-sided dice, what you roll is what your student gets to work with...

Dice Rolls and What they Mean!
1-4 - Broken Bone
4-8 - Fever
9-12 - Heat Stroke
13-16 - Hypothermia
17-20 - Lack of Bodily Function (such as breathing, pulse, etc) - this is unnaturally so.

After this, please roll 4, 4-sided Dice. Take into account their total and any repeating numbers

Total Results and their Meaning

1-6 - You do a rather poor job patching up your dummy, you might not want to try and heal anybody anytime soon!
7-12 - You do an average job, nothing extraordinary, but passable!
12-16 - Extra good work! Your student can now heal surface wounds!, but not repair HP! This means things like cuts and bleeding that might hinder another character can be patched up!

What Repeating Numbers Mean

No Repeating Numbers - You used just the right amount of supplies, good for you! Not wasteful at all.
Repeating 1s or 2s - You didn't use enough supplies, that's rather lazy and Cricket obviously disapproves of it.
Repeating 3s or 4s - You used too many supplies and that's wasteful! Naughty! Cricket might make you earn your supply rights back in a future class!

If you work as a group, split up the dice between yourselves as evenly as possible. So if you're paired up, each person rolls a 10 sided dice and you add up the results to get your dummy!

Then you split up your 4 sided dice to work on fixing it up!

Bonus Mechanics:
For every 3 times you attempt this course, your student may add +1 to their 4d4 dice roll's total to improve how well they patched up the dummy.

YOU LOSE/FINISH THIS CLASS WHEN...

- You are finished rolling both sets of dice and rping out the results. That means you have to START OVER to try again! You may do so in the same thread or a new one if you decide to attempt again at a later date.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:14 am
After a quick look over with what other classes the school had to offer, Xavier figured that first aid sounded pretty useful. He kind of knew how to patch up some stuff from his time on the ranch, but it was always good to learn more. As he walked into the classroom, he took a look around, noticing the dummies that were available. Looks like that was what they got to practice on.

The reaper made his way over to one to get a closer look, then searched about to see if there were any instructions anywhere on how to treat anything.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:18 am
Estel really didn't want to go.

The thing was, she hadn't been able to come up with a concrete reason why not. All she got was an extreme feeling of unease even thinking about the class.

Still, first aid seemed like one of the most practical options on the curriculum, and she had wanted to learn everything, hadn't she? Putting this off really wouldn't get her anywhere.

Estel peeked in through the door, blinking as she spotted a reaper she recognized. "Oh, it's you! I remember you!" She came right on in, dropping her bag down next to Xavier.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:22 am
Turning around, Xavier soon smiled as he saw a familiar face enter the classroom.

"Oh hi! Estel, right?" he greeted, "Guess you wanted to learn some first aid too, huh? I think we can partner up with this so uh... would you like to do that?"

It didn't matter too much either way with him, but it seemed like the more the merrier.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:30 am
She didn't really want to work with somebody else, not in this class. That had the potential to be either really embarrassing or life-threatening (for the dummy, which wasn't alive in the first place, so never mind that). "Estel, yeah!"

She really wanted to work alone. Maybe in a dark corner where nobody could see her screw up.

Of course, she didn't say any of that. Maybe Xavier could do most of the work for her and she could just pretend she knew what she was doing. "Okay, sure!"  
Blade Kuroda rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:32 am
"Alright!"

Xavier grinned, then made his way over to one of the dummies.

"Okay... let's see what's wrong with this fella.. I think we need to diagnose it first."

Staring at it blankly, trying to figure out what the problem was, he gave the dummy a light prod, "Well, I think it's still breathing. That's a good sign, right?"

It also wasn't lupus.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Luridel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:35 am
"Are they supposed to breathe?" This thing wasn't alive, was it?

Estel paced around the dummy, frowning. She picked its arm up and bent it in ways that arms probably weren't supposed to bend. "Um, is that supposed to happen?" The other arm, when she tried it, did not. "Gah, I didn't break it, did I? I mean, it was already like that, right?"  
Blade Kuroda rolled 2 4-sided dice: 3, 2 Total: 5 (2-8)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:40 am
"Uh.. I don't know," he shrugged before wincing as the arm was bent in an unnatural way.

"It probably came like that. I... guess it has a broken bone then," Xavier added while scratching his cheek. Looking around, he picked up a splint.

"I think we need to set the arm first and then bind it? I'll set it and uh.. can you wrap it up?"

He didn't really know what he was doing. He placed the splint against the arm and just sort of forcefully held it against the plank.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Luridel rolled 2 4-sided dice: 2, 3 Total: 5 (2-8)

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:41 am
"O...kay?" Estel went to fetch a roll of bandages and then just stood there awkwardly. She tried to discreetly watch other students in the room to see if they knew what they were doing any better than she was.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:46 am
Xavier stepped back once they had finished with the arm.

"Okay! I think.. that's good enough. Yeah, that's good enough," he nodded, "On to the next dummy, then?"  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Luridel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:51 am
Estel hopped away from the dummy once she had finished wrapping it up, looking at it critically. On the plus side, the arm didn't wiggle anymore. That meant they had succeeded, right?

"Okay! Next is..."  
Blade Kuroda rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:52 am
Xavier squinted at the next dummy.

"Hmmm..."

He scratched his cheek, looking it over, but was having trouble seeing anything wrong. Tentatively, he touched it before furrowing his brow.

"Wow, this thing is cold."  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Luridel rolled 2 4-sided dice: 4, 3 Total: 7 (2-8)

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:09 am
Estel snapped her fingers and ran off to the supply closet, where she returned with two blankets to wrap the dummy in. "We do need to warm it up, right?" She draped the dummy in blankets. It looked kind of comfortable.

Maybe she should have got a blanket for herself, too.  
Blade Kuroda rolled 2 4-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-8)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:10 am
"Yeah! I think so," Xavier nodded while rushing off as well. He grabbed a few more blankets, then came back to help wrap up their dummy to make it nice and snug.

"There. That should do."  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:35 am
"...aww. It looks like you could roll it down a hill now." That probably wasn't an appropriate way to talk about patients. Shaking her head, Estel looked around at the other open dummies. "You pick the next one!"  
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff