Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Commons
Our Village Suggestion Box Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:52 pm
User Image

Welcome to Our Village!

Do you have a suggestion to help make our guild better, more fun, more welcoming? Please post it here! Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:02 pm
I have a few suggestions!

1: An OOC/Planning forum for the Rp area so that ooc threads/search threads don't clutter the rp areas

2: A Banner designing contest for advertisement, possibly with an item prize?

3: A GoFusion forum where people can chat, talk and keep track of their GoFusion achievements

Hopefully you'll find these useful biggrin  

HighClass Badass

Dedicated Regular

34,115 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:13 pm
HighClass Badass
I have a few suggestions!

1: An OOC/Planning forum for the Rp area so that ooc threads/search threads don't clutter the rp areas

2: A Banner designing contest for advertisement, possibly with an item prize?

3: A GoFusion forum where people can chat, talk and keep track of their GoFusion achievements

Hopefully you'll find these useful biggrin

These are such great ideas! I've found the guild is still so small clutter isn't much of a problem. At least not yet. But I'll definitely make more subforums as need arises. Meanwhile, go ahead and add OOC threads in the Playhouse forum along with the RP threads. For now there aren't enough to fill a window let alone a whole page so I think we'll be able to sort through them ok for now.

What item would make a good prize? I'm trying to stay away from lots of big prizes, because the point of this guild is community and friends rather than pixels. But pixels ARE fun, so ya'know, prizes at least from time to time are good!

I'll start a GOFusion thread right away! If we get tons of interest, we can move it to a subforum. I'm totally open to any expansions!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:16 pm
I for one would be willing to write them a short story, or possibly a nice gold shop gift!  

HighClass Badass

Dedicated Regular

34,115 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:24 pm
HighClass Badass
I for one would be willing to write them a short story, or possibly a nice gold shop gift!

What a beautiful offer! Thank you! I'm not sure how to implement it, but if I did it would probably go in the Fairgrounds where prizes are offered. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:36 pm
Have you heard of the Guilds Fair? It's in the Chatterbox this year, so I'm not sure how well it will do, but they've got paid bumpers in it advertising all sorts of guilds. They suggest you have a contest going on.  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:36 pm
Different...Very.
Have you heard of the Guilds Fair? It's in the Chatterbox this year, so I'm not sure how well it will do, but they've got paid bumpers in it advertising all sorts of guilds. They suggest you have a contest going on.

Well, I looked at that fair, but we're a very young, small guild just yet, and I wasn't sure it was a good fit. Now we're getting a little larger, and I'm feeling a little more confident. The Guild Fair is more than half over, but there will be another guild - networking event in a couple of months possibly that I'm hoping to add Our Village to, if it goes off as planned. We'll see. But yes, I think it's a great idea! When we get enough active folks expressing interest in advertising for Our Village, I'll start a thread in the Guild Crew Lounge forum (and maybe even in the Chatterbox, although that moves SO fast!).  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:36 am
We need to encourage everyone making threads in the Commons. I think most of us are unsure about our allowance to create posts in the main forum, so we just wait for the captain's new post. I wasn't sure whether I could make a little chat thread about my career change, so days later, I just decided to go for it. So far most of the threads are games and guild-related topics. The Commons is also our "chatterbox" right?  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:40 pm
Different...Very.
We need to encourage everyone making threads in the Commons. I think most of us are unsure about our allowance to create posts in the main forum, so we just wait for the captain's new post. I wasn't sure whether I could make a little chat thread about my career change, so days later, I just decided to go for it. So far most of the threads are games and guild-related topics. The Commons is also our "chatterbox" right?

Absolutely! And if you're afraid of "losing" your thread, I'll be happy to index it for you!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:17 pm
JoyRose
Different...Very.

Absolutely! And if you're afraid of "losing" your thread, I'll be happy to index it for you!
Maybe you can send a reminder of the achievements you have for guild members, highlighting the long thread achievement.  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:42 pm
Different...Very.
JoyRose
Different...Very.

Maybe you can send a reminder of the achievements you have for guild members, highlighting the long thread achievement.

Interesting you should say that, since I was just thinking the achievement system wasn't getting much play and I was considering discontinuing it for lack of interest.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:12 am
JoyRose
Different...Very.
JoyRose
Different...Very.

Interesting you should say that, since I was just thinking the achievement system wasn't getting much play and I was considering discontinuing it for lack of interest.
Looks to me like we don't have enough people to get interested in it. It seems to me that successful guilds have daily recruiting, monthly community events, and even more recruiting. You can go through once or twice a month deleting the people that have 0 posts, but in the end the thriving guilds have 100s of inactive members and maybe 100 active ones. We need more people. My guild never grew because I hated seeing inactive members on the list, so I'd ask them about it and then remove them. I wouldn't invite members, but I'd send them a PM inviting them to request to join lol.

Just open the floodgates. Y'all are fun and all, but I want new and more numerous regular faces.  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:56 pm
Different...Very.
Looks to me like we don't have enough people to get interested in it. It seems to me that successful guilds have daily recruiting, monthly community events, and even more recruiting. You can go through once or twice a month deleting the people that have 0 posts, but in the end the thriving guilds have 100s of inactive members and maybe 100 active ones. We need more people. My guild never grew because I hated seeing inactive members on the list, so I'd ask them about it and then remove them. I wouldn't invite members, but I'd send them a PM inviting them to request to join lol.

Just open the floodgates. Y'all are fun and all, but I want new and more numerous regular faces.

True, we're a very small guild (although very active thanks in large part to you!). We do need more people. I have the banner in my sig along with an open invitation (and as a moderator posting in various places around Gaia that definitely helps) but it's a very slow process. My feeling is inviting people is a mixed bag. I feel like I'm less likely to get active fun people like you if I invite them before they're ready to be active here.

That said, a community event is a fantastic idea! I'm planning to join the next inter-guild event I know about. I think it will be in about a month, although I haven't heard anything about it lately so maybe they sort of lost interest in it. I want to plan something though. Just not sure what. But it would be easy to set up a Gaia Community Project thread and maybe a Chatterbox bumping contest thread to go with it. I'm just not great at making gold so I can't fund a huge number of prizes the way I'd like to. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:32 pm
JoyRose
Different...Very.

True, we're a very small guild (although very active thanks in large part to you!). We do need more people. I have the banner in my sig along with an open invitation (and as a moderator posting in various places around Gaia that definitely helps) but it's a very slow process. My feeling is inviting people is a mixed bag. I feel like I'm less likely to get active fun people like you if I invite them before they're ready to be active here.

That said, a community event is a fantastic idea! I'm planning to join the next inter-guild event I know about. I think it will be in about a month, although I haven't heard anything about it lately so maybe they sort of lost interest in it. I want to plan something though. Just not sure what. But it would be easy to set up a Gaia Community Project thread and maybe a Chatterbox bumping contest thread to go with it. I'm just not great at making gold so I can't fund a huge number of prizes the way I'd like to. sweatdrop

I feel like I've made about 250,000g just by clicking all the daily chances for three days. What is "great at making gold" these days? What sort of prizes do we need to be attractive?

I used to hold prizeless gatherings in my old guild. I lost time for Gaia so it died shortly after, but it was fun while it lasted. Lasted for about a year.
Here's one of our projects: LGT Concert Video  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:39 pm
Different...Very.
JoyRose
Different...Very.

I feel like I've made about 250,000g just by clicking all the daily chances for three days. What is "great at making gold" these days? What sort of prizes do we need to be attractive?

I used to hold prizeless gatherings in my old guild. I lost time for Gaia so it died shortly after, but it was fun while it lasted. Lasted for about a year.
Here's one of our projects: LGT Concert Video

That was thoroughly adorable! Thank you for sharing it. Looks like a bit of work and planning went into it, too. Sweet! I'm in! I don't have a mic or anything to help add the music, and I'm not sure the little "movie" gif-making program I have would capture this as well as your lovely video, but that looked like fun!  
Village Commons

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff