Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Commons
Our Village Suggestion Box Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:46 pm
*sigh* Yeah, it was a bit of planning on outfits and who would say which line and things. But it was all worth it; that was a big part of the fun.

We've met in Towns and zOMG for various gatherings. We made a Towns version of Duck Duck Goose lol

You can look at my little scrapbook if you want :') LGT Scrapbook aka History Hall  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:47 pm
Different...Very.
*sigh* Yeah, it was a bit of planning on outfits and who would say which line and things. But it was all worth it; that was a big part of the fun.

We've met in Towns and zOMG for various gatherings. We made a Towns version of Duck Duck Goose lol

You can look at my little scrapbook if you want :') LGT Scrapbook aka History Hall

What great ideas you all had! I'll have to go look some more later. Awesome!  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:28 am
I just looked at the guild roster and noticed of the 4 full pages (60 members or so), half of them have not posted a thing...if I am right about there being 60 members.

33 members have 0 posts. This means there are 30 potential trolls like the one I found in the dark trait at least that troll was dumb enough to show that there are people out there whose intentions are to poison the guild and make it appear dead.

To fix this, I recommend that every new member upon joining must post something within 30 days. The newsletter that is posted every month is helpful in this way because our beloved boss Joy welcomes all new members the month they have arrived. So, if you look back at those newsletters then you would know who joined when and when the new newsletter is to be sent out, then we take a look at the guild roster and compare it to the newsletter of the previous month.

If any of those members have not posted, they should get a warning of trolling. Joining a guild and not intending to post thus wanting it to die and giving other members the wrong idea about what is expected in guilds is trolling.

How is it trolling? It is intended on hurting those with a creative mind, to laugh at them behind their backs for being so gullible to invite or accept just anybody. These inactive people with 0 posts after 30 days of joining have the intention on trolling the guild captains for their ability to create and it hurts the guilds big time when this happens. Thus targeting an individual per Gaia's trolling rules.

So, to fix the current mess, with the newsletter for November inform the members (with their names included) with 0 posts that by the time the next newsletter comes out, it will be expected that they post something or it will be assumed that those members listed are guilty of trolling guild captains. Joy, you can also add in that newsletter that this is just one way of helping Gaia Developers with Guilds and to prevent the destruction of one major aspect that makes this virtual world whole.

Current inactive list (members with 0 posts):

1. hongbean
2. sodine08
3. Freakame
4. Envy Silence
5. Pastellite
6. Acidic Corruption
7. Grumpy Buneary
8. doomkinger9
9. Unstable Melody
10. Jak1Strider
11. Brittney2697
12. Lady Yamato 09
13. Renkon Root
14. Mc Campin
15. callmeleah
16. Ebania
17. otometakai
18. Chez-likes-pez
19. Aliss Demurrage
20. Jake Ryoushi
21. Sillicia
22. aaleeyyee
23. Trevormac 90
24. Xxinvincible
25. backstabber
26. Malzysaur
27. Asatanic Unicorn
28. bluekatz1012000
29. Cataclysmic Tarts
30. iPYGG
31. DashieKinkySexy
32. PURRCAKE
33. Dustinclee 20

Yes, these names I got directly off of the members list and it is these members I recommend posting 1 thing before December 1st. We want an active guild not poison in it thus killing it.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:14 am
empress dee
33 members have 0 posts. This means there are 30 potential trolls like the one I found in the dark trait at least that troll was dumb enough to show that there are people out there whose intentions are to poison the guild and make it appear dead.

To fix this, I recommend that every new member upon joining must post something within 30 days. The newsletter that is posted every month is helpful in this way because our beloved boss Joy welcomes all new members the month they have arrived. So, if you look back at those newsletters then you would know who joined when and when the new newsletter is to be sent out, then we take a look at the guild roster and compare it to the newsletter of the previous month.

This is why I ask for 1 gold to join, because it records who joined (paying that one gold) and when.

When I started this guild just over a year ago, I thought about activity requirements. It's extremely common for guilds to have "dead weight" in the member lists. But I remember when Gaia deleted accounts that had been inactive for extended periods of time and folks who had been absent returned frustrated because they could not access their accounts. People would come back years later and hope to rejoin the fun, and I'd never want to exclude them. However, I just realized two of our Birthday Villagers hadn't posted in over a year in Our Village, either (you can sort the member list by latest post). Well, maybe it's time to start the weeding process after all. sweatdrop  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:14 am
JoyRose
empress dee

This is why I ask for 1 gold to join, because it records who joined (paying that one gold) and when.

When I started this guild just over a year ago, I thought about activity requirements. It's extremely common for guilds to have "dead weight" in the member lists. But I remember when Gaia deleted accounts that had been inactive for extended periods of time and folks who had been absent returned frustrated because they could not access their accounts. People would come back years later and hope to rejoin the fun, and I'd never want to exclude them. However, I just realized two of our Birthday Villagers hadn't posted in over a year in Our Village, either (you can sort the member list by latest post). Well, maybe it's time to start the weeding process after all. sweatdrop

Joy, to make you feel better about this, just know that one of the hardest things about being a captain is getting rid of members. I have a lot of guilds that I take care of and each one is now dead because of how many inactive members they have. You are one who has at least 3 active members, which is a good thing.

Its better to have one successful guild than many guilds that just end up dying on you.

To encourage posting in my guilds, I offer a chance to become crew and higher depending on the number of posts they make. 50 gets you crew, and with that, your newfound power is to recruit people of other guilds. Then, if you manage to either beat the number of posts the captain has (in the guilds I own, its my number you gotta beat) or 1000 posts, whichever comes first that I notice.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:23 am
empress dee
Joy, to make you feel better about this, just know that one of the hardest things about being a captain is getting rid of members. I have a lot of guilds that I take care of and each one is now dead because of how many inactive members they have. You are one who has at least 3 active members, which is a good thing.

Its better to have one successful guild than many guilds that just end up dying on you.

To encourage posting in my guilds, I offer a chance to become crew and higher depending on the number of posts they make. 50 gets you crew, and with that, your newfound power is to recruit people of other guilds. Then, if you manage to either beat the number of posts the captain has (in the guilds I own, its my number you gotta beat) or 1000 posts, whichever comes first that I notice.

I don't think guilds die because of extra inactive members. Guilds die because the active members get disinterested and stop coming around. I do NOT want that to happen here. So how can I keep my current folks active and interested? Do you want to be crew here? Would that make things more interesting for you? I have a pretty open policy about that - ask and you get promoted to Crew-in-Training (I call 'em Deputies) and after serving for a month as a Deputy, you could get promoted assuming you are still interested. I've only had two people do it, and both have kinda fallen away. One didn't even make it through the training. sweatdrop  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:47 pm
I have been thinking about that, actually, but have yet to come to a decision. See, if I go for it, I want to be sure I can commit, you know?

And like you, I don't want to see guilds die because active people leave.

The thing is, sometimes people leave because life gets in the way and what really bugs me is that they often do not bother to inform the captain that life is getting to be too much and then they don't recommend anyone they know who can take their place.

So, maybe, as a guild rule for active members that if you see that life is starting to get a bit hectic, be sure to inform the Captain or another active member so that the guild does not go to the Gaia guild graveyard as so many other unfortunate guilds have.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:35 am
empress dee
I have been thinking about that, actually, but have yet to come to a decision. See, if I go for it, I want to be sure I can commit, you know?

The thing is, sometimes people leave because life gets in the way and what really bugs me is that they often do not bother to inform the captain that life is getting to be too much and then they don't recommend anyone they know who can take their place.

So, maybe, as a guild rule for active members that if you see that life is starting to get a bit hectic, be sure to inform the Captain or another active member so that the guild does not go to the Gaia guild graveyard as so many other unfortunate guilds have.

Unfortunately life has a way of sneaking up on folks, and they're gone before they knew they were leaving. I haven't seen Andy around for a while, here, either, probably the same thing.  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:58 am
JoyRose
empress dee

Unfortunately life has a way of sneaking up on folks, and they're gone before they knew they were leaving. I haven't seen Andy around for a while, here, either, probably the same thing.

Andy has been busy, but, he did say this, "When it is my turn for the RP, let me know and I will get online. I don't care too much about the dice math game, though it is fun every once in a while. Oh, and since you are on more than I, be sure to let the guild know that I'm all right and that I am still in this."

He knows that it isn't his turn just yet because I constantly update him on where the RP goes. After all, he created that RP and he isn't going to abandon it. I'm sure he has something in mind.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:23 pm
empress dee
Andy has been busy, but, he did say this, "When it is my turn for the RP, let me know and I will get online. I don't care too much about the dice math game, though it is fun every once in a while. Oh, and since you are on more than I, be sure to let the guild know that I'm all right and that I am still in this."

He knows that it isn't his turn just yet because I constantly update him on where the RP goes. After all, he created that RP and he isn't going to abandon it. I'm sure he has something in mind.

I'd love to know what could entice him to return and be more active here. Tell him I'm glad he's ok.  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:16 pm
JoyRose
empress dee

I'd love to know what could entice him to return and be more active here. Tell him I'm glad he's ok.

I will. As far as how to get him more active is if he gets more of a chance in the RP. He counts on me to see whose turn it is in that RP and so far, only I am needed as Rock.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:56 am
empress dee
JoyRose
empress dee

I will. As far as how to get him more active is if he gets more of a chance in the RP. He counts on me to see whose turn it is in that RP and so far, only I am needed as Rock.

I'd love to add some more complexity to it so he's included, but I don't know how.  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:32 am
JoyRose
empress dee
JoyRose
empress dee

I'd love to add some more complexity to it so he's included, but I don't know how.

This is why we need more than just you, DNA, myself, Terry, and Andy in this. We need people who are really into anime this time. Those who know the characters and are willing to adapt to some small changes to the anime characters they love.

Like...Vegeta being married to both Terry and I at the same time, but the involvement he has is more...professional and focused on getting himself his race back the hard way.

Seto Kaiba is another one who is married to me, but he doesn't see me often enough.

The same would go with Kai Hiwatari.

These 4 accept the terms of me being married to more than one guy at the same time on the account that I have an entire galaxy to look after. However, I have many other kings not married to me that might not take the idea so well or did not know about the multi marriage rule. This makes for excellent drama within the rp especially if the others can get involved.

But, if the newcomers play as Sonic the hedgehog, a Marvel character, or something from the younger generation (Pokemon, Rainbow Brite, Barbie and the rockers etc) then they don't have much change save for they are visitors to Planet Hamster.

There are Pokemon I own, but I would role-play as those when needed.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:55 pm
It's been my experience that five is a good number for a role play, you don't really need more or it gets a little bogged down. I hope Andy and /or Terry can think of a plot twist to introduce to liven things up for us in our role play. 3nodding  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

BogardAndy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:47 am
JoyRose
It's been my experience that five is a good number for a role play, you don't really need more or it gets a little bogged down. I hope Andy and /or Terry can think of a plot twist to introduce to liven things up for us in our role play. 3nodding

Ha ha ha ha! Its like your character's hidden psychic abilities are kicking in here, Joy! I just posted as Vegeta and as Raditz to hopefully help the RP a bit even before reading what I quoted just now.

There was a reason why I copied this:

(I will add a sketch of it as soon as my computer starts behaving. Meaning, I have a professional look at it. Point is, I have a rough sketch on photobucket, but other than this site, facebook, and warcraft, every other site that had been a regular is bugged. Too bad Gaia doesn't have basic art tools you can use along with text.)

Oh right! I remember! Dee had said this in regards to wanting an art based shop for Gaia and that the reason I am quoting it is because this wasn't the first time Dee had thought of the idea that there should be a Gaia Art creation station. Not just for guild banners, but for other things too. The quote in the italics was taken from the RP King of Fighters one liners here in the guild.  
Village Commons

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff