Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Krav Maga, Is it Biblical to learn?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:47 am
I was wondering. Is Krav Maga Biblical to learn?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:02 am
A video related to the Yoga one you posted answers this (not whether Krav Maga is biblical specifically, but martial arts in general, even some forms that Krav Maga takes inspiration from). In case you haven't watched it, or in case this may be of use to someone else in the future, the video in question is: [The Secret Dangers Behind Martial Arts !] There was another one, but its view on life after death was erroneous.

A day after you posted this, I was going to respond with some verses touching on self-defense (acceptable under certain conditions) vs. the spirit a person has as they're competing in Martial arts/sports (not acceptable), but since I didn't have first hand experience with Martial Arts / contact sports I refrained from replying. I didn't even touch on the occult, however, the video I linked to above (plus the sermon posted by "The_Creation_Center", [The Christian View on Sports]) confirmed my suspicions about everything I was ruminating on.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:26 am
real eyes realize
A video related to the Yoga one you posted answers this (not whether Krav Maga is biblical specifically, but martial arts in general, even some forms that Krav Maga takes inspiration from). In case you haven't watched it, or in case this may be of use to someone else in the future, the video in question is: [The Secret Dangers Behind Martial Arts !] There was another one, but its view on life after death was erroneous.

A day after you posted this, I was going to respond with some verses touching on self-defense (acceptable under certain conditions) vs. the spirit a person has as they're competing in Martial arts/sports (not acceptable), but since I didn't have first hand experience with Martial Arts / contact sports I refrained from replying. I didn't even touch on the occult, however, the video I linked to above (plus the sermon posted by "The_Creation_Center", [The Christian View on Sports]) confirmed my suspicions about everything I was ruminating on.

Oh, okay. They both explain it well. I was looking for self defense but seeing that it's useless. THanks guys/gals.  
Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games