Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Cults, heresies, Pseudepigrapha and other religions
Testing the Spirits (John MacArthur) Strange Fire Conference

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:22 am
Testing the Spirits (John MacArthur) Strange Fire Conference  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:08 am

Great video! Praise the Lord! I just have one or two qualms with his critique of the visions and being in the Heavens 3rd Heaven in particular. Paul spoke of a man who experienced this in 2 Corinthians 12:1-9. Paul basically say, his experience may be true only the Lord knows but it wasn't profitable in his ministry of the Gospel of Salvation in Jesus Christ. So I think he can be a little too hard in that area, but he isn't wrong from critiquing the Charismatic and Pentecostal movements in our time that go overboard and causes confusion rather than peace in Christ in this life.  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:02 am
Tsur

Great video! Praise the Lord! I just have one or two qualms with his critique of the visions and being in the Heavens 3rd Heaven in particular. Paul spoke of a man who experienced this in 2 Corinthians 12:1-9. Paul basically say, his experience may be true only the Lord knows but it wasn't profitable in his ministry of the Gospel of Salvation in Jesus Christ. So I think he can be a little too hard in that area, but he isn't wrong from critiquing the Charismatic and Pentecostal movements in our time that go overboard and causes confusion rather than peace in Christ in this life.

I agree also with his assessment of the Charismatic movement and the Oneness Pentecostal, but I am not so sure about his view of the secession of tongues, and prophecy. I have heard some true prophecies, and I have not heard all who speak in tongues - it could be that some are actually speaking in other languages. =P Though the majority I have heard is just babbling. Not distinguishable words of any real language, and there were no one to translate so that people in the congregation could understand what was being said.

When I first was a believer I remember that the pastor in the congregation I used to go to encouraged me to just start uttering random syllables because He believed everyone should be speaking in tongues, and that it could be granted people by the laying on of hands. I did not do that because I did not feel that I should just start uttering sounds on my own.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:32 am
Garland-Green
Tsur

I agree also with his assessment of the Charismatic movement and the Oneness Pentecostal, but I am not so sure about his view of the secession of tongues, and prophecy. I have heard some true prophecies, and I have not heard all who speak in tongues - it could be that some are actually speaking in other languages. =P Though the majority I have heard is just babbling. Not distinguishable words of any real language, and there were no one to translate so that people in the congregation could understand what was being said.

When I first was a believer I remember that the pastor in the congregation I used to go to encouraged me to just start uttering random syllables because He believed everyone should be speaking in tongues, and that it could be granted people by the laying on of hands. I did not do that because I did not feel that I should just start uttering sounds on my own.

Haha, same here. God says, He wants us to covet the Heavenly Gifts. But John's right about testing the spirits. God is always happy for you to test Him with His Word. His Holy Spirit will always reaffirm the Truth in the Word too. smile I think it's dangerous to hold one part of the trinity over another, so long as you understand they all confirm one another in union.  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Cults, heresies, Pseudepigrapha and other religions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items