Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
Asking for Advice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:50 pm
I am getting told off because of a discussion I had with a girl in the 'welcome to the guild!' You can read the entire discussion here.
I would like your honest evaluation. Do I have something here I need to repent of? Am I being arrogant, or spitting on people's answers?

Faithful Denomination
Garland-Green
I believe what I have been taught I am not going to deny that. What we know about Jesus has been delivered to us by the saints once for all (Romans 15:4). If it was not we would tossed to and from by every whimsical doctrine. If it does not matter what we believe what are we earnestly contending for? God is capable of giving us His word, so that we have some stability in our faith.

Jude 1:3
Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints.

that doesn't mean it's at all right.
going over the conversation of the things that were brought up between you, another and the girl, you are wrong, and have no standing.
Also calling other religions cults because they don't believe the same things or hinting they are cults is disgusting.
You have no standing to judge anyone or tell anyone their views are wrong when you have little knowledge yourself.
apart from when you have been taught you are blind to the truth around you and the possibilities that could be the truth.

and no that's not embarrassing one, that's not showing a single person up and making them feel stupid. turning over the tables in the temple of god was out of anger and respect for his farther. He didn't single one seller out did he?
also your second example... not to a single person. it was to a group. not a single woman or man.
you were corrected by the girl in the thread, yet you didn't even acknowledge her you threw her thoughts out and spat on them. That is not being christian. You are blind. Remember the gate is narrow... every scripture you brought up in the bits i have seen i can disprove.
You are blind to what you have been taught.

And you're wrong, it does matter, the translations of what have been said have been changed many many times that's why no single bible is the same. also coming to light are scriptures that have been used are fraudulent and shouldn't be in the bible.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:35 am
Garland-Green
I am getting told off because of a discussion I had with a girl in the 'welcome to the guild!' You can read the entire discussion here.
I would like your honest evaluation. Do I have something here I need to repent of? Am I being arrogant, or spitting on people's answers?

Faithful Denomination
Garland-Green
I believe what I have been taught I am not going to deny that. What we know about Jesus has been delivered to us by the saints once for all (Romans 15:4). If it was not we would tossed to and from by every whimsical doctrine. If it does not matter what we believe what are we earnestly contending for? God is capable of giving us His word, so that we have some stability in our faith.

Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints.

going over the conversation of the things that were brought up between you, another and the girl, you are wrong, and have no standing.
Also calling other religions cults because they don't believe the same things or hinting they are cults is disgusting.
You have no standing to judge anyone or tell anyone their views are wrong when you have little knowledge yourself.
apart from when you have been taught you are blind to the truth around you and the possibilities that could be the truth.

and no that's not embarrassing one, that's not showing a single person up and making them feel stupid. turning over the tables in the temple of god was out of anger and respect for his farther. He didn't single one seller out did he?
also your second example... not to a single person. it was to a group. not a single woman or man.
you were corrected by the girl in the thread, yet you didn't even acknowledge her you threw her thoughts out and spat on them. That is not being christian. You are blind. Remember the gate is narrow... every scripture you brought up in the bits i have seen i can disprove.

And you're wrong, it does matter, the translations of what have been said have been changed many many times that's why no single bible is the same. also coming to light are scriptures that have been used are fraudulent and shouldn't be in the bible.

Nah, brother. You are preaching plain truth, if someone disagrees with you calling slanders that aren't true its called projectile insecurities. Sometimes it's best not to push it and leave in the Lord's hands. She sure has a fervent passion but she's using it abusively...so I would take it like a grain of salt. 1 Timothy 5 King James Version (KJV)
1 Timothy 5
5 Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren;

2 The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity.

3 Honour widows that are widows indeed.  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:13 am
Tsur
Garland-Green

Faithful Denomination
Garland-Green

Nah, brother. You are preaching plain truth, if someone disagrees with you calling slanders that aren't true its called projectile insecurities. Sometimes it's best not to push it and leave in the Lord's hands. She sure has a fervent passion but she's using it abusively...so I would take it like a grain of salt. 1 Timothy 5 King James Version (KJV)
1 Timothy 5
5 Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren;

It is a guy. He claim a friend of him saw it, and sent in transcripts of the conversation I had with her. I mean I don't think I was getting personal, or being rude towards her. If I was then I hope people do tell me, because I have Asperger's so the way I am speaking and what I say sometimes comes off as being rude because I am too direct.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:40 am
Garland-Green
Tsur
Garland-Green

Faithful Denomination
Garland-Green

1 Timothy 5

God knows your heart Garland, and He will make ammends. He too spoke plainly, being online just makes it that much harder to differentiate our tones and intentions. I'd take it at a grain of salt. These people are too sensitive...not really good. If they can't handle this they how on Earth are they going to handle persecution? ><

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Angelus1987

Friendly Citizen

8,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:41 am
Do you happen to know what exactly was said?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:53 am
Angelus1987
Do you happen to know what exactly was said?

You can read it here, and here. smile  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Angelus1987

Friendly Citizen

8,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:19 am
I never saw where you were attacking or being rude. If people say they are Christian then they should accept what the Bible says since it is the word of God. Christians should strive to be like Christ no matter what comes their way.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:34 am
Angelus1987
I never saw where you were attacking or being rude. If people say they are Christian then they should accept what the Bible says since it is the word of God. Christians should strive to be like Christ no matter what comes their way.

I didn't personally think that I was. I was trying to keep things from being personal, and only focus on what Scripture says, and and not the character of the person that believed different, or on my own person. I don't think it is arrogant to quote Scripture to show someone they are mistaken. That they are mistaken doesn't mean I feel I am better. I have been mistaken about things too, and have received correction. Arrogance as defined by Merriam-Webster; an insulting way of thinking or behaving that comes from believing that you are better, smarter, or more important than other people.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Angelus1987

Friendly Citizen

8,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:21 pm
I think too many people have become spoiled in not having to fight for their beliefs...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:35 pm
Angelus1987
I think too many people have become spoiled in not having to fight for their beliefs...

It seems like many don't feel it is something worth fighting for either... That it is truth like any other truth.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:47 pm
Garland,
To be honest, Faithful Denomination's words are the one I found rude & judgemental, lots of capital letters, and angry emotion--> eg. "NO. You are wrong in your ways"
Isn't it a prove of himself/herself belittle of others (that is you)?

In every statement, you put Bible verses in a sound of calmer way (although I found it sometimes too long)  
Christian Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games