Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Cults, heresies, Pseudepigrapha and other religions
Dangers in Yoga

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:17 am
Yoga's dangers  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:54 am
I used to read the literature of Yogis such as Yogananda, that you see a picture of in the video before I was saved, for inspiration to gain self-realization.That's the trap in this. The focus on the self. "If you know yourself, then everything will be better, because your real self is divine." Run and flee from it. Don't even touch it with a stick. It is appealing to your desire to be special, and extraordinary. Note the print on the cover of one of the books: "Super Advanced." I believe there are either demon possessed men, or flat out fallen angels inspiring this (1 Timothy 4:1). There are some lying wonders involved in this to lure people in.

Jeremiah 17:9
"The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it?

My advice to anyone involved in this is to turn your back to it. It is not going to improve your life, and it is if anything a threat to your very soul. It is masquerading as self-improvement, but you can't heal yourself. You can't cure your heart. Also, about the yoga poses being worship poses. That is true. It is not honoring God.

Hindu American Foundation on Yoga Origins:

"Yoga, from the word “yuj” (Sanskrit, “to yoke” or “to unite”), refers to spiritual practices that are essential to the understanding and practice of Hinduism. Yoga is a combination of both physical and spiritual exercises, entails mastery over the body, mind and emotional self, and transcendence of desire. The ultimate goal is moksha, the attainment of liberation from worldly suffering and the cycle of birth and rebirth."

Source  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Angelus1987

Friendly Citizen

8,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:11 am
I don't take yoga, nor have I ever taken it, but I have an extended background in the martial arts. I thought the main reason to start and continue in yoga was for a relaxing exercise. There are people who can practice and not have any "religious" meaning in it. Of all my years in the martial arts, I have never seen the stretches or various moves as a religious part of training or life. They are only for protection and exercise. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:44 am
Angelus1987
I don't take yoga, nor have I ever taken it, but I have an extended background in the martial arts. I thought the main reason to start and continue in yoga was for a relaxing exercise. There are people who can practice and not have any "religious" meaning in it. Of all my years in the martial arts, I have never seen the stretches or various moves as a religious part of training or life. They are only for protection and exercise. rolleyes

I think of the point of the video was that you are getting a package deal, whether you are aware of it or not. The fact that is has origins in religious practice doesn't cease just because we put it in a different context. So if we say; "no I am just doing this for the sake of exercise", we we are not really being aware of what the intentions of these poses were and still are, and that their origins are religious in nature, not just to develop physical fitness, and what they are meant to bring about in us spiritually.

A friend of mine who had dedicated her whole life to yoga, and yogis had books materialize in her house, books that where supposed to help her in way to self-realization. There are some real spiritual forces behind this, and they are not from God, because they deny Jesus. It is playing with fire.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Angelus1987

Friendly Citizen

8,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:25 am
Understood 3nodding  
Cults, heresies, Pseudepigrapha and other religions

Manage Your Items