Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Jedi Cosplay help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:18 pm
I'm planning on buying a jedi cosplay costume and I was wondering if anybody could give me links to reliable websites with good jedi costumes for a reasonable price as well as the boots. I have found one I like at http://www.hellocosplay.com/s-w-cosplay-brown-cloak-robe-uniform-full-set-costume-p-4466.html and it seems too be the best one I have found so far.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:07 pm
Daveak Shadowsword
I'm planning on buying a jedi cosplay costume and I was wondering if anybody could give me links to reliable websites with good jedi costumes for a reasonable price as well as the boots. I have found one I like at http://www.hellocosplay.com/s-w-cosplay-brown-cloak-robe-uniform-full-set-costume-p-4466.html and it seems too be the best one I have found so far.

My brother cosplays OB1 Kanobi and his outfit is based on the tan one from the movies. My Mom helped him make the outfit from scratch. As for the boots he bought a couple pairs of them from people on E-Bay. My suggestion is to go to E-Bay and check out what people are selling. Here is some advice, make sure that you have a good fit for the boots. After wearing them all day my brothers feet and legs hurt a lot. This is why he bought a second pair of boots. This time with a better fit. smile Size definitely makes a difference. For my Syaoran outfit I tried on a lot of different pairs of army issue boots before I picked a pair. I'm glad that I did it that way based on the trouble that my brother had.

As for the Jedi outfit itself. If you know someone that can make the outfit for you, in the long run you will like the results a lot better than one you bought online. Their are patterns out their for many cosplay outfits. My sister found a pattern for the cloak that she made for my Syaoran outfit. When it comes to good websites to buy cosplay outfits from I suggest shopping around. Sometimes you can find bargains out their. Also consider looking for gently used cosplay outfits. Many cosplayers out their sell their outfits or make them on commission. Good Luck.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:24 pm
smithers456
Daveak Shadowsword

My brother cosplays OB1 Kanobi and his outfit is based on the tan one from the movies. My Mom helped him make the outfit from scratch. As for the boots he bought a couple pairs of them from people on E-Bay. My suggestion is to go to E-Bay and check out what people are selling. Here is some advice, make sure that you have a good fit for the boots. After wearing them all day my brothers feet and legs hurt a lot. This is why he bought a second pair of boots. This time with a better fit. smile Size definitely makes a difference. For my Syaoran outfit I tried on a lot of different pairs of army issue boots before I picked a pair. I'm glad that I did it that way based on the trouble that my brother had.

As for the Jedi outfit itself. If you know someone that can make the outfit for you, in the long run you will like the results a lot better than one you bought online. Their are patterns out their for many cosplay outfits. My sister found a pattern for the cloak that she made for my Syaoran outfit. When it comes to good websites to buy cosplay outfits from I suggest shopping around. Sometimes you can find bargains out their. Also consider looking for gently used cosplay outfits. Many cosplayers out their sell their outfits or make them on commission. Good Luck.
This one website that sold good looking jedi boots said to go with one size bigger than I normally take in order for it to be comfortable. Is that true?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:22 pm
Daveak Shadowsword
smithers456
Daveak Shadowsword

This one website that sold good looking jedi boots said to go with one size bigger than I normally take in order for it to be comfortable. Is that true?

One size bigger can certainly help with having some extra room. If the larger size boot is too big you could either wear a thicker sock or more than one sock of the same thickness to get a good fit. Just like buying shoes if you are able to try going to a store that sells leather boots and try on different sizes. Experimenting like that can make a difference. Trying on different sizes did work for me when I was getting boots. Also keep in mind that it might take some time to break in new boots. I hope that this is helpful.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
Cosplay Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers