Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
C'mon Guild Let Us Pray For the ISIS Group

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:24 am
Isis blows up Jonah's Tomb

Let us repay them with good rather than evil and pray for their souls to be saved and come to a reasonable and true repentance in Christ Jesus.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:59 am
Amen!  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:12 am
I can't help but wonder if God will use them to blow up the Dome of the Rock. question

Quote:
ISIS is part of a puritanical strain of Islam that considers all religious shrines -- Islamic, Christian, Jewish, etc. -- idolatrous.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/24/world/iraq-violence/

I wonder if they view "The Dome of the Rock" the same way. It has to be demolished for the Third Temple to go up. So perhaps God is using them for the time being. According to the same article I just linked to, ISIS has already taken down other Islamic holy sites:

Quote:
ISIS has blown up several Sunni holy sites in the last few weeks in Mosul.

Last month, it destroyed seven Shiite places of worship in the predominantly Shiite Turkmen city of Tal Afar, about 31 miles (50 kilometers) west of Mosul, Human Rights Watch has reported, citing local sources.

I'll still pray for them, that they have a conversion like Paul, according to God's divine timing. It's not unusual for God to use a violent hammer in his hand to destroy and conquer other nations, and then that hammer ends up repenting (i.e Nebuchadnezzar)

Jeremiah 27:6 (NIV)

6 Now I will give all your countries into the hands of my servant Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon; I will make even the wild animals subject to him.

Jeremiah 28:14 (NIV)

14 This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: I will put an iron yoke on the necks of all these nations to make them serve Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and they will serve him. I will even give him control over the wild animals.’”

Daniel 4:34 (NIV)

34 At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever.

His dominion is an eternal dominion;
           his kingdom endures from generation to generation.

Daniel 4:37 (NIV)

37 Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.

It sounds similar to what's happening now: ISIS is the hammer, they're conquering nations and perhaps they'll repent by the end of this, if not be destroyed themselves.

Quote:
ISIS is waging war against the Iraqi government and has taken over several cities. It is seeking to create an Islamic caliphate that encompasses parts of Iraq and Syria and has begun imposing Sharia law in the towns it controls.

Jeremiah 27:7 (NIV)

7 All nations will serve him and his son and his grandson until the time for his land comes; then many nations and great kings will subjugate him.

Jeremiah 50:23 (NIV)

23 How broken and shattered
           is the hammer of the whole earth!
          How desolate is Babylon
           among the nations!

Curious though, what if all the places they're conquering are the nations (or at least part of the nations) prophesied to come against Jerusalem near the end before Jesus comes back? eek

Notice the similarities between these chapters:

Zechariah 14:2-5 (NIV)

2 I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city. 3 Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights on a day of battle. 4 On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south. 5 You will flee by my mountain valley, for it will extend to Azel. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake[a] in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the Lord my God will come, and all the holy ones with him.

Footnotes:

a. Zechariah 14:5 Or 5 My mountain valley will be blocked and will extend to Azel. It will be blocked as it was blocked because of the earthquake

2 Thessalonians 1:6-10 (NIV)

6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you 7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

Revelation 16:15-20 (NIV)

15 “Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed.”

16 Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.

17 The seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and out of the temple came a loud voice from the throne, saying, “It is done!” 18 Then there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder and a severe earthquake. No earthquake like it has ever occurred since mankind has been on earth, so tremendous was the quake. 19 The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath. 20 Every island fled away and the mountains could not be found.

Revelation 6:12-17 (NIV)

12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13 and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14 The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

15 Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us[a] from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of their[b] wrath has come, and who can withstand it?”

Footnotes:

a. Revelation 6:16 See Hosea 10:8.
      b. Revelation 6:17 Some manuscripts his

Revelation 14:1 (NIV)

14 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads.

I don't know if I fully articulated all the connections being made in my head, but yeah, we're near the end times for sure. May the members of ISIS repent before it's too late; may they have a happy ending like Paul and Nebuchadnezzar, humbled and serving their Master in truth.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:54 pm
real eyes realize
I can't help but wonder if God will use them to blow up the Dome of the Rock. question

Quote:
ISIS is part of a puritanical strain of Islam that considers all religious shrines -- Islamic, Christian, Jewish, etc. -- idolatrous.

I wonder if they view "The Dome of the Rock" the same way. It has to be demolished for the Third Temple to go up. So perhaps God is using them for the time being. According to the same article I just linked to, ISIS has already taken down other Islamic holy sites:

Quote:
ISIS has blown up several Sunni holy sites in the last few weeks in Mosul.

Last month, it destroyed seven Shiite places of worship in the predominantly Shiite Turkmen city of Tal Afar, about 31 miles (50 kilometers) west of Mosul, Human Rights Watch has reported, citing local sources.

I'll still pray for them, that they have a conversion like Paul, according to God's divine timing. It's not unusual for God to use a violent hammer in his hand to destroy and conquer other nations, and then that hammer ends up repenting (i.e Nebuchadnezzar)

Jeremiah 27:6 (NIV)

6 Now I will give all your countries into the hands of my servant Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon; I will make even the wild animals subject to him.

Jeremiah 28:14 (NIV)

14 This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: I will put an iron yoke on the necks of all these nations to make them serve Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and they will serve him. I will even give him control over the wild animals.’”

Daniel 4:34 (NIV)

34 At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever.

His dominion is an eternal dominion;
           his kingdom endures from generation to generation.

Daniel 4:37 (NIV)

37 Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.

It sounds similar to what's happening now: ISIS is the hammer, they're conquering nations and perhaps they'll repent by the end of this, if not be destroyed themselves.

Quote:
ISIS is waging war against the Iraqi government and has taken over several cities. It is seeking to create an Islamic caliphate that encompasses parts of Iraq and Syria and has begun imposing Sharia law in the towns it controls.

Jeremiah 27:7 (NIV)

7 All nations will serve him and his son and his grandson until the time for his land comes; then many nations and great kings will subjugate him.

Jeremiah 50:23 (NIV)

23 How broken and shattered
           is the hammer of the whole earth!
          How desolate is Babylon
           among the nations!

Curious though, what if all the places they're conquering are the nations (or at least part of the nations) prophesied to come against Jerusalem near the end before Jesus comes back? eek

Notice the similarities between these chapters:

Zechariah 14:2-5 (NIV)

2 I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city. 3 Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights on a day of battle. 4 On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south. 5 You will flee by my mountain valley, for it will extend to Azel. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake[a] in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the Lord my God will come, and all the holy ones with him.

Footnotes:

a. Zechariah 14:5 Or 5 My mountain valley will be blocked and will extend to Azel. It will be blocked as it was blocked because of the earthquake

2 Thessalonians 1:6-10 (NIV)

6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you 7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

Revelation 16:15-20 (NIV)

15 “Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed.”

16 Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.

17 The seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and out of the temple came a loud voice from the throne, saying, “It is done!” 18 Then there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder and a severe earthquake. No earthquake like it has ever occurred since mankind has been on earth, so tremendous was the quake. 19 The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath. 20 Every island fled away and the mountains could not be found.

Revelation 6:12-17 (NIV)

12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13 and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14 The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

15 Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us[a] from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of their[b] wrath has come, and who can withstand it?”

Footnotes:

a. Revelation 6:16 See Hosea 10:8.
      b. Revelation 6:17 Some manuscripts his

Revelation 14:1 (NIV)

14 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads.

I don't know if I fully articulated all the connections being made in my head, but yeah, we're near the end times for sure. May the members of ISIS repent before it's too late; may they have a happy ending like Paul and Nebuchadnezzar, humbled and serving their Master in truth.

Yeah, those verses were hitting me like a machine gun, too. Didn't know they were so hardcore...  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Necessitarian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:30 pm
Indeed, there is a purpose for even ISIS. I hope some of its members will come to see the evil in their hearts, realize the salvation offered by the Gospel, and repent.

God save those souls!

Nonetheless, if judgement is needed to stop ISIS, may it rain mercilessly. God will be glorified in justice and mercy. And I pray God would be glorified to save ISIS's members, but I pray that God will save our brothers from the reach of ISIS and that this violence will end.  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games